Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077102 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3360 on: February 02, 2015, 02:06:26 pm »

((It'll definitely be an interesting dilemma, but I think that Zechariah's been through enough of a hellhole to recognize where survival proceeds over ethics. That's not to say that it probably won't make Zechariah despair more in the moment, but I think it won't kill him if he's forced to make that decision.

I don't know. Maybe if nobody tells him what the meat is, he won't even have to worry about it because he's that oblivious, and it's not like his interdimensional senses can discern different types of meat. If he does learn, well, it'll be a fun time then...))

((Considering we eat our human flesh straight off the roasted corpse around these parts, blissful ignorance doesn't seem like much of an option.))

Campaign, Ike!

Ike flails his arms expressively.

"You need to do it now! You cannot hold them for long!"

Express agreement with River, having no other obvious recourse. Touching him seems like a bad idea in this state. Maybe it's part of the ritual? Like falling off the roof seems to have been?

Well, anyway, if he asks for help directly, help the guy out.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3361 on: February 02, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »

do still intend to help River and allow myself to be drained. I'm aware it will be uncomfortable and do not care.
You follow River inside into the centre of the building, a small storage room or break room, concealed and with only one entrance, not visible from the outside. It contains simple furniture made out of rock that have remained intact despite the fires. They look angular and rough, probably not very comfortable (or safe) to use without some extra padding. The fluctuating light floating above River's hand casts strange shadows in the walls as he quickly approaches the table where has already set the soulsphere. He grabs you from the scruff of your neck and sets you on the table, but doesn't let go.
<Close your eyes. Do not open them.>
You do as he says.
<I will try my best.>
With that, you start to feel the pressure, the pain as he starts reaching inside your mind. Trying not to resist is like trying not to blink. He grabs your body and forces you to stay still. A moment later, there is a sound, like a very soft wind. It fluctuates, slowly, but before you can discern any pattern in it, something starts physically pressing against your skin, your ears, your mouth. It even finds its way inside your lungs. It removes all light and noise, leaving nothing but the cold pressure. Feels like you're drowning, your strength leaving you. And you can not do anything about it. You're not sure how long it lasts before you fall unconscious.

((Okay then, let's see if anything important happens during that time...))

Campaign, Ike!

Ike flails his arms expressively.

"You need to do it now! You cannot hold them for long!"

Express agreement with River, having no other obvious recourse. Touching him seems like a bad idea in this state. Maybe it's part of the ritual? Like falling off the roof seems to have been?

Well, anyway, if he asks for help directly, help the guy out.

River doesn't ask for help, so you just stand around near the door, looking around.

As you wait, you keep an eye on the camp. The group finally arrives to the camp and suddenly there's a transformation. The camp becomes full of people (still a very small amount compared to what the city could hold though). They all congregate around the newly arrived group, keeping their distance at first but getting closer a few minutes later. There seems to be some sort of disagreement, for a few moment later you can see a flash of light coming from one of the people there. From where you're standing it doesn't look very impressive, it looks much like distant thunder or watching someone a great distance away from you using a camera flash. But it apparently was sufficiently impressive up close to cause the two groups to separate again. Or maybe it just carried some implication, maybe it was the magical equivalent of shooting a gun in the air.

You are so engrossed in this that you almost do not see that someone is approaching. She's quite close to you when you catch a glimpse of her from the corner of your eye and turn to face her. She looks like she's in her 40s to 50s, about the same height as you, with long straight red hair, tan skin and light blue eyes. She's wearing dark robes that look way too warm for this weather, even though she doesn't appear to be sweating. The moment you turn to face her, she stops moving. She's just standing there, about 10 steps away from you, looking at you with her eybrows lowered and her lips flattened. Strange. You'd think you would had heard her approach. Should probably not get so focused on watching something.

((It'll definitely be an interesting dilemma, but I think that Zechariah's been through enough of a hellhole to recognize where survival proceeds over ethics. That's not to say that it probably won't make Zechariah despair more in the moment, but I think it won't kill him if he's forced to make that decision.

I don't know. Maybe if nobody tells him what the meat is, he won't even have to worry about it because he's that oblivious, and it's not like his interdimensional senses can discern different types of meat. If he does learn, well, it'll be a fun time then...))

((Considering we eat our human flesh straight off the roasted corpse around these parts, blissful ignorance doesn't seem like much of an option.))

((Well, you could prepare the food beforehand or look for alternate sources, but nobody has bothered with that, so...
Now that I think about it, you might want to look for alternate/fresher food sources for those of you who are human and don't want to rely on healing from River in case of disease.))
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 06:28:05 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3362 on: February 02, 2015, 07:27:49 pm »

Did it feel the same or different from when River lashed out at me?
((Am good with continuing without waiting for an answer to my question))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3363 on: February 02, 2015, 08:36:55 pm »

((Well, you could prepare the food beforehand or look for alternate sources, but nobody has bothered with that, so...
Now that I think about it, you might want to look for alternate/fresher food sources for those of you who are human and don't want to rely on healing from River in case of disease.))
((You wouldn't scar a cute little Medium like Zechariah, would you? That would just be so inhumane!
Think of the ordinary human who happens to have a vengeful alter-ego and dragonfly wings!))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3364 on: February 02, 2015, 10:57:52 pm »

Bryan survival

Try to say/mouth, "I can help you kill them if you keep me alive." to the occupants of the car I am on.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3365 on: February 03, 2015, 03:25:37 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Hello! Would you like to engage in a social call? Perhaps a territorial dispute? It seems you're having trouble deciding."

Speak with the woman! Break the ice! Prepare to dodge!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3366 on: February 03, 2015, 03:28:30 am »

Break the ice!
((Getting ready to break the ice!
Feels like time is standing still
Aiming right for your heart
Ready to take another spill
))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3367 on: February 03, 2015, 08:21:22 am »

Campaign

Did it feel the same or different from when River lashed out at me?
((Am good with continuing without waiting for an answer to my question))
It has some overall similarities, but is also different in some aspects.

For one, when he attacked you, it felt much worse, you actually felt as if both your mind and your body was under attack, as if somebody was trying to rip them apart. This has a similar overall feeling, a similar feeling of pressure and nausea, of somebody being inside your mind, but there is no direct attack on your body, just the feeling of being weaker and unable to act. Like in a dream where you are drowning and you want to move but you can't. If the previous was cutting you up with a knife, then this is smothering you with a pillow.

A second difference is that this felt much more powerful. You think it would had taken a lot more effort to resist his current whatever-you-may-call-it, but that might be because he was wakened by his previous actions when he attacked you.

Campaign, Ike!

"Hello! Would you like to engage in a social call? Perhaps a territorial dispute? It seems you're having trouble deciding."

Speak with the woman! Break the ice! Prepare to dodge!
"Social... call...?" she whispers her question, speaking slowly. Hm. Maybe she's just shell shocked?
"Territorial... dispute!" she keeps whispering, but that last word is said with more intensity.
She starts very very slowly taking a step towards you.
"Territory... I'll... dispute!" she says as she does so. Her eyes don't stop looking yours.
Hm. The ice doesn't appear broken. If anything, it's even more chilly now. Unless she's going for a very slow and quiet hug.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:22:59 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3368 on: February 03, 2015, 09:23:14 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Ah! I see you are possibly insane and/or a wizard, and you feel you need to dispute some territory! This is most interesting, clearly! However, note that my territory does not extend further than one foot from my body, and the rest I assume defaults to you, then!"

"Now, thing is, we have no beef at the moment, though our interests may overlap. So I'll state the question clearly, my dear, what do you want?"

Ask friendly question of this friendly new friend. Be ready for shenanigans and dodging.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3369 on: February 03, 2015, 11:56:38 am »

Survival

Survival, no matter the cost

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

((I'm the best doctor ever.))
((Well, compared to everyone else, I think you've done quite a good job at doctoring.))

The 'procedure' continues for a few more seconds. The cutting and the burning of your insides. The front of the machine opens up and vents a mixture of blood and flesh you assume was once your lung, spraying it on Saevus' back. It is followed by a still running mini-chainsaw and the smell of burning flesh and crushed bone. There is another ding. Nothing else happens.

You feel light headed and weak, like you've lost a lot of blood. And you have a giant... 'medical' thing around your chest that is still running, the chainsaw sticking out of the giant hole in your chest still rotating (should probably watch out where you point that), smoke still exiting the exhaust pipes. But at least you're not dead and you don't feel like you're suffocating anymore. Kinda makes you wonder what will happen to your host when you're gone... assuming you survive until the end.

Survival

Take the wheel and drive away using the awesome driving skills of a magical medieval golem/robot. Attempt to blast away any projectiles and/or other cars.
You get to the driver's seat, glad that your blast took away the roof and driver's seat, since it makes the transition slightly easier. You grab the wheel and steer away from the wall. You don't bother with the pedals, given that with your legs it would be hard to use them. No time to adjust the seat. You just let the car keep going on idle speed and try not to crash. Which is easier said then done. The flat tire isn't helping.

You hear more gunshots coming from behind. You hear some of them impact the car, but you're not sure if anything important was hit. Still, they sound like they're not getting very close to you. Would be a bit hard to hit them, especially while you're focused on driving.

You can see the end of the tunnel coming up, the wall there illuminated by alternating red and blue lights, accompanied by the sound of rain.

Bryan survival

Try to say/mouth, "I can help you kill them if you keep me alive." to the occupants of the car I am on.
The men look at each other for a second.
"Fuck this shit."
The driver abruptly swerves left and right while the gunner gets ready to shoot. You can't hold on. You fall to the side. You manage to grab the car's mirror and doorhandle, barely managing to hold on the wet metal, your feet occasionally touching the ground.

The gunner keeps firing at the car in front until his gun is empty. You can see him getting something very big from the back seat.
The driver glances at you. You can sense mostly anxiety coming out of him. Not that you need special abilities to sense that. The tension is visible in his face. Looks like he's trying to decide if he should focus solely on driving or if he should take care of you.

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Ah! I see you are possibly insane and/or a wizard, and you feel you need to dispute some territory! This is most interesting, clearly! However, note that my territory does not extend further than one foot from my body, and the rest I assume defaults to you, then!"

"Now, thing is, we have no beef at the moment, though our interests may overlap. So I'll state the question clearly, my dear, what do you want?"

Ask friendly question of this friendly new friend. Be ready for shenanigans and dodging.
She takes two more steps as she speaks.
"Overlap... Dispute... My territory... My body... My dear..."
"Want... My dear... My territory..."
She keeps staring at you, making you feel a bit uncomfortable. If that's her way of coming on to you, she clearly needs more practice. Not many guys go for the whole creepy quiet stalker thing.
Maybe you should approach her and shake her to her senses? Tell her to calm down and get a hold of herself? Or would that make things worse?
Too bad you have nobody to talk to about this.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3370 on: February 03, 2015, 12:03:14 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Your conversational technique clearly needs work!"

Ike clears his throat.

"Not my territory... Feeling helpful... Need precise instructions... Stop pausing... Expand vocabulary..."

Attempt to master this exotic dialect. Make sure to keep my distance from the woman.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3371 on: February 03, 2015, 12:19:31 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Your conversational technique clearly needs work!"

Ike clears his throat.

"Not my territory... Feeling helpful... Need precise instructions... Stop pausing... Expand vocabulary..."

Attempt to master this exotic dialect. Make sure to keep my distance from the woman.
She takes two more steps towards you. Looks like she's moving a bit faster now.
"Help... My body... Overlap... Body my- Body mine... My territory..."
You take a single step back. You prepare to take another, but reconsider. Is backing away such a good idea? What if she's like a dog, trying to scare you into running so she can attack? Besides, she's clearly trying to be friendly. I mean, she's taking care to walk so slowly and quietly you can't hear any of the noise she's making, not even the sound her clothes rubbing against each other, not even the sound of her breathing. Would you abandon someone who put so much effort to approaching you? How cruel and uncaring about others can you be?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3372 on: February 03, 2015, 12:46:55 pm »

Survival

"Uhhhhghhh..."

I had a tommy gun at one point.  If I still do, fire like crazy at the car behind us.  If it needs ammo, make some and fire behind us.  If I don't have it at all, start summoning and throwing backwards frag grenades.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3373 on: February 03, 2015, 01:02:31 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"You need help, it seems. Let me throw you some linguistic bones, then! Let's go: dimensions, parasites, property, willpower, explosion, resurrection, theft, life, death, I am, you are, we are, pain, suffering, horror, provide, aid, refugee, yellow land octopus, sphere, bones, skin, flesh, blood, nose, ears, feet, robes, sky, ground, horizon, people, friend, enemy, ham, bread, water, save, hate, love, kill, magic, crush, destroy, brutalize, vandalize, sodomize, victimize, give, take, beasts, spirits, cataclysm, soul... Do any of those help you express yourself?"

Don't let her get into my personal space. She hasn't obtained that level of personal trust. Keep my distance. Do so in a circling way to establish dominance - circle around her at a distance and make sure I'm not getting backed up against a wall or anything. Be ready to dodge.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3374 on: February 03, 2015, 01:11:17 pm »

Survival

Keep driving. Try to blast away any large projectile that I'm unable to dodge away from.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 223 224 [225] 226 227 ... 521