Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077122 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3375 on: February 03, 2015, 01:15:14 pm »

((Um, Harry, I see your theory, and it ALMOST matches up. but...))
"Hello! Would you like to engage in a social call? Perhaps a territorial dispute? It seems you're having trouble deciding."
"Territory... I... dispute!"
((You didn't say "I" to her before this statement.
otherwise though, it matches up perfectly. so this might be an oversight, or a shortened version of "It"))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3376 on: February 03, 2015, 01:21:50 pm »

((@lenglon: I meant to write that as "I'll", but the forum decided to eat that. I'll go edit it now. Other then that, everything is as it should.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: February 03, 2015, 01:28:56 pm »

((@lenglon: I meant to write that as "I'll", but the forum decided to eat that. I'll go edit it now. Other then that, everything is as it should.))
((I'll is first said in Ike's reply to "Territory... I... Dispute", before that, he mostly says variations of "you". and that's if you include what he said to river before she even appeared.))
"You need to do it now! You cannot hold them for long!"
"Hello! Would you like to engage in a social call? Perhaps a territorial dispute? It seems you're having trouble deciding."
"Social... call...?"
"Territorial... dispute!"
"Territory... I... dispute!"
"Ah! I see you are possibly insane and/or a wizard, and you feel you need to dispute some territory! This is most interesting, clearly! However, note that my territory does not extend further than one foot from my body, and the rest I assume defaults to you, then!"

"Now, thing is, we have no beef at the moment, though our interests may overlap. So I'll state the question clearly, my dear, what do you want?"

((see?))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 01:31:45 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3378 on: February 03, 2015, 01:50:29 pm »

((@Lenglon: I never disputed that. Though "Territorial" and "Territory I'll" do sound similar, don't they? On the other hand, was "mine" ever said by Ike? Hmm...))

((It's very fun working with elements. Every mix gives rise to interesting ideas. Too bad you know nothing about them except what River has been able to discern, because I've made a nice little drawing about them to help me better visualise how they work. If you're lucky, you'll hopefully come upon that knowledge eventually and I'll be able to use it.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: February 03, 2015, 02:03:27 pm »

((no... he only said my, not mine...))

((welp, Ike has made his move, so the question is what her response is I suppose.))
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 02:07:26 pm by Lenglon »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3380 on: February 03, 2015, 03:13:47 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"You need help, it seems. Let me throw you some linguistic bones, then! Let's go: dimensions, parasites, property, willpower, explosion, resurrection, theft, life, death, I am, you are, we are, pain, suffering, horror, provide, aid, refugee, yellow land octopus, sphere, bones, skin, flesh, blood, nose, ears, feet, robes, sky, ground, horizon, people, friend, enemy, ham, bread, water, save, hate, love, kill, magic, crush, destroy, brutalize, vandalize, sodomize, victimize, give, take, beasts, spirits, cataclysm, soul... Do any of those help you express yourself?"

Don't let her get into my personal space. She hasn't obtained that level of personal trust. Keep my distance. Do so in a circling way to establish dominance - circle around her at a distance and make sure I'm not getting backed up against a wall or anything. Be ready to dodge.
You start speaking, backing away at the same time, but she does her best to keep getting closer to you. You think you see the edges of her lips rise for a moment as you speak, as if in a smile.
"You help. Help more." she responds. You think there's definitely more vocabulary there now.
You keep moving, but you think she is getting closer regardless. You don't think it's much closer, just a bit. You think she is moving faster now. You think her dark red hair look more vibrant now.
"I want you. You aid me. I take aid I need to aid."
You think she is talking louder now, although she is still whispering.
"Keep expressing yourself. Stop circling. I need it."
You think your head is starting to hurt.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: February 03, 2015, 03:22:03 pm »

((So she IS trying to possess / feed off him. Neat. Wonder if ignoring her, denying her, attacking her, or helping her is the right move...))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: February 03, 2015, 03:35:15 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Would you be some kind of soul-stealing vampire? Yes, no! I'm fairly sure I could find you somebody less important to fulfill your hunger for lifeblood or lifethought in that event, and I could certainly offer you quite a bit of help with hunting the local refugees if so. Always a good minion and ready ally, that's what I like to be."

Continue circling, retreating at a faster pace. Grab a rock.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3383 on: February 03, 2015, 07:40:29 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Would you be some kind of soul-stealing vampire? Yes, no! I'm fairly sure I could find you somebody less important to fulfill your hunger for lifeblood or lifethought in that event, and I could certainly offer you quite a bit of help with hunting the local refugees if so. Always a good minion and ready ally, that's what I like to be."

Continue circling, retreating at a faster pace. Grab a rock.
You pass by the collapsed building as you retreat and grab a brick. You manage to maintain your distance.
"I need body. I need it to aid. To do. To hunt."
You're not sure if she's asking you to give her a body or asking for your body. Why are magical things always so obscure?
The pain in your head is getting even worse. You can feel your heart beating in your temples, hear it in your ears.
"I need you expressing yourself. Help me be me."
Well, this conversation is getting repetitive. You should teach her your name and the word 'hope' so she can make a star wars reference.
"That's what I like you to be."
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 07:43:35 pm by Parisbre56 »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: February 03, 2015, 10:03:49 pm »

This was a marvelous read! Don't mind me.PTW
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: February 04, 2015, 12:55:54 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike nods, smiling for a moment.

Throw brick at her head, make a quick retreat, get another brick.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:58:26 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: February 04, 2015, 12:56:50 am »

((Come! Come join the madness!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3387 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:08 am »

Glad you enjoy it.  :)

Campaign, Ike!

Ike nods, smiling for a moment.

Throw brick at her head, make a quick retreat, get another brick.
She stops moving as you draw your hand back. The pain in your head increases.
You run towards her and throw the brick straight at her head. Her head breaks apart as the brick goes through it, exploding into a cloud of ash and dust, followed shortly by the rest of her body.
You quickly back away, trying not to breathe the ash. You approach the collapsed building and grab another brick.
You feel slightly better now. But it doesn't appear to be a permanent solution. The cloud of ash is shrinking, condensing into a shape.
"You are mine."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: February 04, 2015, 10:37:18 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike shrugs and smiles once more.

Run for it! Full speed away!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:40:04 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3389 on: February 04, 2015, 11:51:15 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike shrugs and smiles once more.

Run for it! Full speed away!
You start walking away, but then you reconsider. Would letting her borrow your body for a while really be such a bad thing? What would be wrong with that? It's not like there's anything to worry about. I mean, she seems really nice.  Yes, she'll probably do whatever she wants to do with it and then hand it back to you. Just like lending a friend your car. The worst that can happen is that they crash it somewhere or use it to do some crime. But she seems responsible, you don't think she'd do something like that. Besides, all this running away thing sounds really tiring. Yes, you should probably just go over there and get it over with.

Having convinced yourself to not run away, you instead approach the reforming cloud of ash.
"Yes. Come to me."
A hand made out of particles of ash frozen in the air reaches out towards your head. Her body has almost fully reformed. Only a couple of steps stand between you.
"Give it to me."
Your head is starting to feel really bad. You sense something dripping out of your nose. You can taste blood.
"I will have what I need. I will do what I want."
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 521