Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064995 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3390 on: February 04, 2015, 12:21:46 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike starts to vigorously shake his head. This probably isn't good.

The taste of blood means something is wrong, clearly. Retreat and rethink this idea. While loaning a body to what is clearly some kind of ashwraith may seem reasonable right now, chances are it would be something to regret later. Try the retreat-throw brick strategy again.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3391 on: February 04, 2015, 01:13:45 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike starts to vigorously shake his head. This probably isn't good.

The taste of blood means something is wrong, clearly. Retreat and rethink this idea. While loaning a body to what is clearly some kind of ashwraith may seem reasonable right now, chances are it would be something to regret later. Try the retreat-throw brick strategy again.
You try to retreat, walking backwards, but you're confused. Maintaining your willpower is getting harder and harder. You can't decide exactly what you want to do. You trip and fall backwards. You throw the brick and it goes through her torso, but the resulting cloud keeps moving your way, even as it begins to reform. You keep crawling backwards and manage to get some distance between you, but if this keeps going, you are not going to last for long.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: February 04, 2015, 01:21:41 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Well then, two things can really be done:

1) We've all heard that the best defense is a good offense. Attempt to reform my thoughts toward the single purpose of hostility, and force the ashwraith back through sheer willpower.
2) Shriek in as unearthly a manner as possible to attract attention and help with the thought-focusing.

And if that doesn't work, nonspecifically resist and retreat.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3393 on: February 04, 2015, 02:36:41 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Well then, two things can really be done:

1) We've all heard that the best defense is a good offense. Attempt to reform my thoughts toward the single purpose of hostility, and force the ashwraith back through sheer willpower.
2) Shriek in as unearthly a manner as possible to attract attention and help with the thought-focusing.

And if that doesn't work, nonspecifically resist and retreat.

You keep retreating, but the creature is getting closer and closer. You just can't focus enough to do anything. Her hands reach out and touch the sides of your head. They feel cold and have the texture of ash, but they are not very strong. It feels like they're falling apart just by you shaking your head.
"I will make you not resist. It will be better. We will be better."
You see a dark red glow in the head shaped cloud of dust, where her eyes would have been.
"Together."
Your scream is cut short as your throat floods with ash. The ash is swirling around your head and body. You try to cough but that only makes things worse. Everything becomes grey.

You fall unconscious.

Lenglon
You wake up.

You feel strange. A bit weak, but mostly just dizzy. You think you'll be fine in a while, just need some time. Maybe something to eat.

You are lying on the table you were standing on when the procedure started, in that small storage room filled with stone furniture. Besides you is something warm. Turning to look, you see Zechariah lying on the table beside you, his wings open underneath him.

River is standing over him with his hands on his chest and his eyes closed.

The hair near his hands (which you now notice have no wires around them) stand on end for a second and Zechariah stirs.

River opens his eyes, smiles (revealing his teeth in the process) and leans over Zechariah.

DAF
You wake up.

You are lying on your back on something hard, rough and cold. That is made even more uncomfortable from the fact that you are completely naked, save for a metal wire around your neck and something soft and warm touching your side. Besides the feeling of being cold, there's also the feeling of extreme hunger and dizziness that adds to your discomfort.

You open your eyes and are greeted by shiny black fur, razor sharp teeth and a pair of amber eyes staring into yours, all a few centimetres away from your face.
"Hello!" the teeth move to accompany the enthusiastic voice, revealing even more of their kind, carrying warm, moist air towards your face.
"Are you feeling well?"

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: February 04, 2015, 02:50:38 pm »

I'm on a boat!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: February 04, 2015, 03:29:09 pm »

((Ooh. If Ike survives this one, this might be the basis of Critical Lesson Number Three.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3396 on: February 04, 2015, 04:03:13 pm »

((Ooh. If Ike survives this one, this might be the basis of Critical Lesson Number Three.))
(("Always rum away from weird things", "Acquire knowledge or stick with someone who knows about weird things", "Never again get volunteered for guard duty", "Never get left alone, especially in conditions resembling the plot of a thriller" or "Put some points in willpower"?))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: February 04, 2015, 04:03:51 pm »

Campaign

Zechariah blinked once, and then twice. He took a few shallow breaths at first, but steadied his breathing soon enough. He was aware of both the fact that he had a metal wire around him and the fact that he was evidently unclothed. For this, he squirmed around in place, trying to make himself modest. He also took in the cold, exacerbated by the fact that he was used to always wearing a sweater or jacket over his clothes, which were also not present.

"Um.. I'm really cold, I guess," he said with a bit of confusion in his voice."Where.. what.. wait, where am I?" he asks, bouncing between words as he tries to clear his mind of the fatigue and disorientation.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: February 04, 2015, 04:06:08 pm »

(("Always rum away from weird things", "Acquire knowledge or stick with someone who knows about weird things", "Never again get volunteered for guard duty", "Never get left alone, especially in conditions resembling the plot of a thriller" or "Put some points in willpower"?))

(("Put points in willpower" is kind of a one-time thing. I mostly mean "react to suspicious strangers with armed hostility unless mission parameters dictate otherwise".

Right now, though, I'm hoping the body repurposing kills Ike off for good. After all, would be a bit hard to imagine a situation where his soul sphere might survive that.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: February 04, 2015, 04:10:02 pm »

<In the rubble of the city we blew up, along with ourselves. River just revived you. Right now it's just River, Ike, me, and you alive>
I stay low to the table and hope that I won't get buffeted too hard by Zech's twisting about.

((to HB: Why do you want Ike perma-dead?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3400 on: February 04, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

(("Put points in willpower" is kind of a one-time thing. I mostly mean "react to suspicious strangers with armed hostility unless mission parameters dictate otherwise".))
I guess doing that could had made things easier, but not by much. This was literally one of the worst (read "hardest") if not the worst event you could roll.

Campaign

Zechariah blinked once, and then twice. He took a few shallow breaths at first, but steadied his breathing soon enough. He was aware of both the fact that he had a metal wire around him and the fact that he was evidently unclothed. For this, he squirmed around in place, trying to make himself modest. He also took in the cold, exacerbated by the fact that he was used to always wearing a sweater or jacket over his clothes, which were also not present.

"Um.. I'm really cold, I guess," he said with a bit of confusion in his voice."Where.. what.. wait, where am I?" he asks, bouncing between words as he tries to clear his mind of the fatigue and disorientation.
"Here!" he says, as if the answer explains everything.
He moves away from your face and points around at the dark small storage room filled with slightly ash-covered rock furniture, illuminated by the light coming through a door.
"In the city. With Irine and me." he adds, gesturing at the three tailed fox laying beside you.
"I will find something for the cold!" he declares and starts to move away from you.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: February 04, 2015, 05:42:30 pm »

((to HB: Why do you want Ike perma-dead?))

((Because I have other cool character concepts I'd like to try out. I'm a GM at heart, you see. Don't get overly attached to my characters as a consequence.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: February 04, 2015, 08:03:05 pm »

((I kinda have the same attitude only I'm no GM; I just like to cause as much hilarity as I can before the character's inevitable death.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: February 04, 2015, 09:46:28 pm »

Bryan survival

Try to make a telekinetic push to the lower front of the car with the characters in it.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: February 05, 2015, 11:30:54 pm »

((Lucky Ike indeed.))

This was a marvelous read! Don't mind me.PTW
((XY! Join usssssssssss!))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 521