Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064702 times)

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 4
« Reply #3450 on: February 13, 2015, 12:08:54 am »

Welroki cheerfully shakes John's hand.
"Well, being a mad scientist I dabble in all sorts of fields atrocities against life and limb, atrocities against common sense, atrocities against humanity, atrocities against lab assistants, but recently I've had a major breakthrough in atrocities against the fabric of reality.

The apple cider is good by the way, I had some earlier."
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: February 13, 2015, 01:51:03 am »

Well, I've stopped and I've dropped - let's try rolling!
« Reply #3452 on: February 13, 2015, 06:00:32 am »

Look around
((sorry for not posting in an while))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: February 13, 2015, 08:48:27 am »

"Hello there Welroki, I'm Bryan. Always nice to see new faces.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3454 on: February 13, 2015, 08:56:25 am »

Looks like we're going for a more PvP combat based mission next, with the Tournament game mode.

Anyone who wants to be in next mission, state so clearly, so that I can plan accordingly. Something like "In for mission 4" should suffice.

Staging Area

(Happy Bday!)

See what Rodger's doing. What is that stuff?
He's holding a frying pan full of... stuff. It definitely has lots of eggs in it, as well as various other things. Looks like sausage, some sort of seasoned meat, cheese, red pieces and juices (probably tomato), slices of pepper, copious amounts of colourful spices... It's like he picked stuff at random and threw them in the frying pan.
As you watch, he holds the frying pan up and turns around to show it to you.
"Behold! I shall now flip it with but a single move!"
And he proceeds to do just that, flicking his wrist, throwing the mass of food held together by the solidified scrambled eggs in the air, which then proceeds to land back on the frying pan. He completes the demonstration with a small bow.
"Still got it." he says and returns the frying pan to the fire.

Inconspicuously wipe my eyes. If anyone notices it, disguise it as trying to get something out of my eye.
You wipe your eyes in the most conspicuous manner possible. Oh no, everyone is looking at you now. Your cover is blown! Now they'll probably figure out that you can't breathe their atmosphere! They'll figure out you're a Martian zombie wearing a human suit that has been sent here to eat their brains and gain their knowledge! Abort! Abort! Back to the mothership! Prepare for thermonuclear strike from orbit!

John stood up, shook himself off, and subconsciously checked his chest for intactness.  Everything appeared to be there.  That out of the way, he offered Welroki a handshake before sitting at the bar.

"Welcome!  The name's John.  Scientist, eh?  What field?  I'm in mechanics and electronics myself.  Rodger, could I have something apple cider-ish?  Hard, of course."
"Sure thing!" he says as he turns away from the frying pan and kneels to access a cupboard.
He gets up a moment later, holding a rather large yellowish block of ice.
"Here you go. Hard, as requested." he says and sets the block down on the bar.

Look around
((sorry for not posting in an while))

You're back in the bar with the rest.

Campaign

All fire ->air above wraith
once River's jump is complete, if the wraith is still in the air, all fire -> wraith, repeatedly encasing it in a sphere of flame, having it split half and half into two concentric hollow spheres of flame that each rapidly grow smaller, centered on the wraith's current location. once each sphere is condensed into a single point, all the fire from that sphere is moved to form the new outer circle of the pair.
Physically, I run directly under the wraith, keeping close track of it as it flees.
River jumps at the thing, attempting to bite it. The bite itself does little, but the thing does start to fall apart.

That done, you use all of your fire to reinforce the wraith's cage and then start dividing it into smaller spheres that converge towards a common centre. Your fire is joined by reignited pieces of ash, while a few more fall to the ground like snow. You and River continue looking at where the wraith was, at where your fire continues to shift and bubble. About a minute later, you open the sphere a bit so that you can look inside. There's nothing there.

River spends several moments looking around and at you, Ike who is still on the ground and bleeding and Zechariah who has started stirring and waking up, his eyes occasionally turning black.
He seems to calm down a bit, his breathing slowing down a bit, although his mouth remains open. The feeling of weakness starts to recede.
He starts walking towards Ike.

<We need to move quickly. Can you take care of Zechariah while I am gone? Get him to food, water, whatever he needs? Then make your way back to where you first woke up?>

Well, I've stopped and I've dropped - let's try rolling!
You appear to not be on fire anymore, but you're still bleeding and feel generally dizzy and weak.
River approaches you and nudges you with his snout.
<Can you hold on to me or should I carry you?>

DAF
You regain consciousness.

Looks like you're still laying on the ground where you fell. You feel weak and a bit dizzy, on top of your persisting hunger, but are otherwise fine.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 08:59:37 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: February 13, 2015, 08:59:26 am »

I'm in for Mission 4.

Back away from the rest of the group. They saw my emotional side! I must leave, and make a new life! Run out the door of the inn. Once outside, try to contact my entity. The crazy one.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: February 13, 2015, 09:00:16 am »

John grinned.  "Atrocities, huh?  You should meet Alan, then.  You and him might just get along."

Then he noticed Bryan.  "Don't trust that guy, though."

Looking at the block, he arched an eyebrow.  "Hah, hah.  Could I get one a bit more thawed?"

En fur mysseon fore
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: February 13, 2015, 09:01:29 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Only... one way to find out?"

Hold on to River. And if that doesn't work, let my sweet prince carry me off to safety.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: February 13, 2015, 09:05:31 am »

<Um, I think so? What's going on River? What was that thing? Where are you going? Why did you have us remove our wires? What happened to Ike?>
I walk over to Zech and look him over, making sure he's ok.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3459 on: February 13, 2015, 09:26:52 am »

Staging Area

Looking at the block, he arched an eyebrow.  "Hah, hah.  Could I get one a bit more thawed?"
"What's the problem? Don't you like ice cream?"
"Oh well."
He puts the block of ice back where he took it from and proceeds to pour you a regular mug of cider.
"Here you go. One regular, boring mug of cider, no surprises, no hidden mechanisms, no boxing gloves on springs waiting to ambush you."

I'm in for Mission 4.

Back away from the rest of the group. They saw my emotional side! I must leave, and make a new life! Run out the door of the inn. Once outside, try to contact my entity. The crazy one.

"Oy! Who are you calling crazy?" the crow complains from atop the inn's sign where it's perched.

Campaign

<Um, I think so? What's going on River? What was that thing? Where are you going? Why did you have us remove our wires? What happened to Ike?>
I walk over to Zech and look him over, making sure he's ok.
Zechariah looks fine. A bit pale, but fine.
<I do not know what it was. Thought magic. Motion magic. Focused on a single thing. Death. Revenge. It would stop at nothing.>

<I have put thought-magic into the wires. I do not know if it can use it. It could make it more powerful or allow it to attack you more easily. I do not know. Better to be safer.>

<I need to get back to get the others. I can not see it. I think it is gone, but if it is not, it could attack again. The thought-magic merged with Ike's. Stole his thoughts. Some of my thoughts too, while I was fighting it. It knows about the others. I need to move them.>

<I can not keep hiding them now. Better to revive them. And then leave this place. I am going to need Zechariah to revive them quickly. That is why I need him to be well.>

Campaign, Ike!

"Only... one way to find out?"

Hold on to River. And if that doesn't work, let my sweet prince carry me off to safety.
River bends under you and allows you to grab him. He then pushes you up. You do your best to wrap your arms around him without obstructing his legs.
You're about the same size as him, if not larger, but it doesn't look like he has much trouble carrying you.
This is probably going to be uncomfortable...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 09:50:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: February 13, 2015, 09:48:03 am »

"You. You're the only crazy one around here, sir. Well, except for me. And that other mad scientist guy. So, what's the news? What's next?"
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: February 13, 2015, 09:52:21 am »

John smiled and raised the glass in a toast motion.  "Thanks, buddy!  To our health!" He drank deeply.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: February 13, 2015, 09:55:02 am »

I'm in for mission 4.

Ask if I may try to... "flip something" like he did. If yes, try it. If not, head outside, and make something to test out my strength. I feel stronger than before, and tougher too.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3463 on: February 13, 2015, 10:07:16 am »

<Um, last question. Why are you still draining me?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: February 13, 2015, 10:36:25 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Onwaaard... to victory! Hooope you're not a wraith about to eat meeee!" Ike draws out, delirious with exhaustion.

Hold on! Hold on! Wait, stop! No, okay. Hold on!
Pages: 1 ... 229 230 [231] 232 233 ... 521