Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077062 times)

Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 4
« Reply #3465 on: February 13, 2015, 11:48:42 am »

Chat up the people in the bar.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: February 13, 2015, 12:06:39 pm »

In for mission 4.

Saevus regains consciousness and finds himself sitting in one of the couches Alan had summoned previously.

Kick back and relax for now. Observe the humans, they're bound to do something amusing soon.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3467 on: February 13, 2015, 09:47:19 pm »

Campaign

<Um, last question. Why are you still draining me?>
<Oh! I am sorry.>
He closes his eyes for a few seconds and takes some time to calm himself down.
<I am learning the magic of this place and the magic of my element. I can not direct it well. Not as well as my gifts.>
He opens his eyes again and looks at you.
<Thank you.>
With that, he runs off, with Ike trying to hold on.

Campaign, Ike!

"Onwaaard... to victory! Hooope you're not a wraith about to eat meeee!" Ike draws out, delirious with exhaustion.

Hold on! Hold on! Wait, stop! No, okay. Hold on!

<... I have not thought of that. I might be. I can not look at myself. We should have killed it, but if we have not, if it is controlling my thoughts, if I attack you... Kill me. Show no mercy. If you can return my soulsphere to my brother, he should be able to heal me.>

River starts running and you do your best to hold on as you bounce up and down along with his body, your feet occasionally scraping against the ground, especially when he performs a jump. Oh dear. Too bad you're tall. Hopefully any healing you receive will take care of those bruises.

You don't remember exactly when you lost consciousness. Maybe it had something to do with that second time you fell. Or was it the third? You aren't sure, but you're pretty sure it involved River suddenly stopping and a very big rock.

When you wake up again, you're back on familiar territory, back in your Ikecave. Looks like River did a quick job on your hands, just enough to stop the bleeding (you can still see the scars through the holes in your sleeves). You're feeling OK though, so he either fixed any internal damage you had or it healed naturally. The torn clothes and the smell of vomit kinda make you look like a drunk though. And you're still a bit bruised and sore from your trip here.

River is currently in the process of retrieving the other two soulsphers from the hole Zechariah's was in, carefully putting each in a bag made out of a shirt.

Noticing that you are awake, he kicks a black stone towards you, trying to touch it as little as possible. You recognise that. It was one of the stones that were above the soulspheres. It looks like a fragment that was recently broken off from from a larger piece, full of sharp edges. It kinda looks like the part of one of those black stone blocks that were in the portal room's floor, now that you look at it more closely.

"This stone harms magic." he starts explaining without waiting for you to ask what it is, continuing to work with the spheres at the same time.
"Eats it. It had some sort of seal. But it is gone now. I do not have the time to recreate it."
He finishes wrapping the spheres in the improvised shoulder bags, gets up and approaches the pile of large rocks near the fire, the ones he was sitting next to when you first woke up.
"It is weak. And it keeps getting weaker. It will not kill magical things. But it is unpleasant. It might be enough to keep them away. You do not have much magic. You can use it with little fear."
He proceeds to raise one of them with one hand. It looks like it is positioned in such a way that if it was removed completely, it would cause the other stones to collapse onto whoever removed it. He puts his other hand inside the cavity uncovered by the raised stone.
"Make sure not to touch it for long. In this world everything is magic. Even you. So it can harm you."
He grunts and pulls his arm out of the hole, dropping another one of those black fragments. He puts his hand in the hole again, this time carefully pulling out a sphere made of a glass-like material with many colourful reflective surfaces on its surface and a bright white light at its core. He sets it down inside another one of those shirtbags and then lets the concealing stone fall in place with a thud.

Staging Area

"You. You're the only crazy one around here, sir. Well, except for me. And that other mad scientist guy. So, what's the news? What's next?"
"Ha ha! Only crazy!" the entity caws as it jumps off the sign and glides towards you.
It lands on your fedora.
"Not sure. I have a friend working on something simple but fun. I think it will be the challenge chosen next."

John smiled and raised the glass in a toast motion.  "Thanks, buddy!  To our health!" He drank deeply.
"De rien, mon ami. To enjoying life!" he says and toasts with his own mug.
Mmmm... Good stuff.

I'm in for mission 4.

Ask if I may try to... "flip something" like he did. If yes, try it. If not, head outside, and make something to test out my strength. I feel stronger than before, and tougher too.
"I dunno, you could always flip that guy off." he says and laughs with his own joke.
"Seriously though, I'd prefer it if you didn't ruin my kitchen. The walls are indestructible, but the equipment isn't."
"I guess I could let you have a go though. No reason you can't learn things other than how to kill each other. And it's not like I can't just respawn anything you break."
He nods to himself, as if agreeing with himself.
"Yeah, it'd be educational and stuff. Know anything about cooking?"

((Selecting target. Rolling for effect. Speech roll protocol engaged.))

You approach Wolfkit and introduce yourself, showing him your pole.
"Hi! I'm Lioraw. Have you seen my pole? It's big but I can handle it pretty well. All the ladies, they love it. They like to caress its long shaft. They say it's hard to find wood that good. But the its tip is the best. I have penetrated many men with it. Sometimes multiple times. Penetrating them over and over and over again, until it is covered in their juices. And because the shaft is so long, it means I don't have to get close. Although what I really love is leaving my goo on their faces. You know, blinding people. Because after they've had a taste of my goo it's a lot easier to stick my pole into them whenever I want."
That's certainly an interesting way to talk about your abilities.

I assume you want in on next mission?

In for mission 4.

Saevus regains consciousness and finds himself sitting in one of the couches Alan had summoned previously.

Kick back and relax for now. Observe the humans, they're bound to do something amusing soon.
Things seem to be rather tame right now, although judging from experience that won't last for long. Then again, the usual troublemakers are not here, so maybe things will proceed more calmly. Couchman is especially missed. Our two summoners separated.

You look at an imaginary clock on your wrist and wait for the other shoe to drop.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:29:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: February 13, 2015, 09:56:49 pm »

"What is Cook? NevA' haad of ZATaugment befau? Sah samm aus Book? Make us smauht foea bit.

(He thinks COOK is an intelligence enhancing plasmid.)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: February 13, 2015, 10:13:39 pm »

((Was busy most of the day, sorry.))

Zechariah tentatively opens his eyes and scowls, noticing the ache in his body. It didn't help that he expended so much energy activating his powers after barely waking up not so long ago.
He swore that he heard someone cackling in the distance. It was probably just something in his mind. Perhaps he still had Artemis on the brain, or maybe it was just that something wasn't wired correctly in his mind anymore. Either way, he didn't feel so good.

"Irine.. where did River and Ike? Did something happen to them?
Did... did I screw us over again?"

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: February 13, 2015, 10:21:50 pm »

Brush the raven off my head, then sit down. Try to strike up a LOGICAL conversation with this insane fellow.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: February 13, 2015, 10:46:26 pm »

"Hi! I'm Lioraw. Have you seen my pole? It's big but I can handle it pretty well. All the ladies, they love it. They like to caress its long shaft. They say it's hard to find wood that good. But the its tip is the best. I have penetrated many men with it. Sometimes multiple times. Penetrating them over and over and over again, until it is covered in their juices. And because the shaft is so long, it means I don't have to get close. Although what I really love is leaving my goo on their faces. You know, blinding people. Because after they've had a taste of my goo it's a lot easier to stick my pole into them whenever I want."
In for mission 4
Welroki raises his eyebrows.
"That's, well... I think my IQ just dropped from hearing that. And as I am a mad scientist, any decrease in intelligence even if imaginary and played for drama is completely unacceptable and utterly unforgivable. But I am willing to perhaps make an exception, just this once."
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: February 13, 2015, 10:50:49 pm »

In for mission 4
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: February 13, 2015, 11:07:35 pm »

<What? No! You were fine, great really. I think you saved Ike's life. Everyone's ok now, River and Ike rushed back to shelter to protect the soul spheres, that thing posessing Ike might have given away their hiding places and he wants to make sure they're safe. I'm sticking with you and making sure we both get there ok. You ready to get up and go? We still have a ways to go before we get there.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: February 13, 2015, 11:19:33 pm »

Zechariah carefully picks himself up off the ground, doing a cursory check for any injuries. As far as he can tell, he doesn't have anything that threatens his health at the moment.

"I think I'm pretty fine, at least on the physical side, though I'm pretty hungry right now. I could use a chocolate chip muffin or two. Maybe three. Anyways, let's start moving. No use in being here anymore, I'd think."

Get back to the shelter.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: February 13, 2015, 11:31:38 pm »

back to the shelter with Zech
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: February 14, 2015, 03:25:49 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Cool! Thanks!"

Grab them anti-magic stones. Maybe craft some kind of satchel out of a strip of my own clothes to keep 'em in.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3477 on: February 14, 2015, 10:52:27 pm »

"What is Cook? NevA' haad of ZATaugment befau? Sah samm aus Book? Make us smauht foea bit.

(He thinks COOK is an intelligence enhancing plasmid.)
"Oooh, boy. You really have no clue, have you? Where did they pick you up? Z.P.G?"
<He calls it Urbania.>
"OK. Second question. Why?"
<Because I wanted him to have fun. And to teach him to be nice.>
"Heh, looks like you have your work cut out for you. Have fun with that kid. Anyway, let's get the basics out of the way. Do you know what food is? Eating? Got any of that where you come from?"

Brush the raven off my head, then sit down. Try to strike up a LOGICAL conversation with this insane fellow.
"I'd like to have a logical conversation, please." you say and brush the raven off your head.
It caws in annoyance and flies away.
"Are you sure you don't want an argument? I'm good at those."
"No, just a logical conversation for now, thanks."
It lands on the fountain and starts playing with the water, jumping in it and fluttering its wings.
"Okay then. What are 'logical conversations'? What makes them logical? I've heard humans use the word but I have never understood it. Or got interested enough to try."

In for mission 4
Welroki raises his eyebrows.
"That's, well... I think my IQ just dropped from hearing that. And as I am a mad scientist, any decrease in intelligence even if imaginary and played for drama is completely unacceptable and utterly unforgivable. But I am willing to perhaps make an exception, just this once."
You grab the man's pole before he has a chance to react, rip it away from him and throw it out the door.
"And that is the price of my forgiveness."

In for mission 4

Gotcha. Currently have Coolrune, Toaster, Salsacookies, Hawk, Wolfkit and Alarith. Should start by the end of the week, barring any unforeseen events.

Campaign

back to the shelter with Zech
You start walking back towards your temporary and soon to be ex shelter. On the way, you can see signs of your predecessors, paw imprints and occasionally some blood on the ground. Otherwise, it is a fairly quiet ride. You smell some humans along the way but it feels like they passed through here more than two hours ago.

You look back from time to time to ensure Zechariah is still following. He is. Just staring at you intently for some reason.

Zechariah carefully picks himself up off the ground, doing a cursory check for any injuries. As far as he can tell, he doesn't have anything that threatens his health at the moment.

"I think I'm pretty fine, at least on the physical side, though I'm pretty hungry right now. I could use a chocolate chip muffin or two. Maybe three. Anyways, let's start moving. No use in being here anymore, I'd think."

Get back to the shelter.
You walk alongside Irine through the ruined buildings and streets, trying your best to ignore your increasing hunger. You try your best to distract yourself, focusing on walking, on countering dizziness, thinking about things, looking around, whatever. Oh gods, you'd chew your own arm for some meat!

There are more intact buildings in the part of town you're currently going through, leading to a mostly straight path towards your destination. Most of the damage here appears to have been caused by pieces of stone falling from the sky, toppling buildings like pins in a bowling alley and riddling some of them with large holes. No idea why this particular place was affected in that particular way. Luck, maybe?

It looks like there are two camps on the eastern road now. One larger, made haphazardly by whatever materials were available and unburnt, and one smaller, made of pristine tents that match the colour of the soil they rest on, the two separated by the road and quite a bit of ground.

Maybe they have food. What you wouldn't give for a bit of food. Some nice, warm, chewy, tasty food. Sweet, sour, meat, vegetable, anything would do. You just want that gap in your stomach filled. Hell, even some water would be nice with this heat. Too bad there is nothing around here, nothing but you, damaged buildings and Irine. Wonder if fox meat would taste any good. Hmmm.... Yes, now that you look at her more closely she has started to resemble a walking steak for some reason...

Campaign, Ike!

"Cool! Thanks!"

Grab them anti-magic stones. Maybe craft some kind of satchel out of a strip of my own clothes to keep 'em in.
You pick up the stones. They cause your skin to tingle but you already knew that from the first time you touched one.
You jam them through the eye sockets of that skull you've been carrying around, continuing its transformation into some kind of Indiana Jones artefact.

River rummages through the broken furniture pile you've been using as a fuel source until he finds a broken drawer containing various thin straight wires. Not really sure where it was from. Maybe a jeweller used to braid them to make jewellery or maybe they were using them to tie things or maybe these guys had electronics. Who knows?

He empties it in one of those bags, wears them and then turns to look at you.
"Are you ready to leave? ... I am not carrying you."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: February 14, 2015, 11:19:13 pm »

"You really have started to irk me. I wonder what raw crow tastes like. Perhaps some large, hungry bird form might find you appetizing? Hmmm? Now go find me my other entity. I pray he holds up a better conversational sanity than you."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: February 15, 2015, 01:00:28 am »

"Umm, Urbania ships out food-things. Mah fersht joab wasa bringin in za boxes. Had tun, one in each ahm,go through it ina week."

(His first job was to carry half ton cases of food bars, which he carried in one arm. The gang ate it all in a week.)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 01:03:26 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 521