Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076093 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Let's get ready to rumble!
« Reply #3585 on: February 28, 2015, 01:49:16 pm »

Use any remaining biomass to grow medium-sized curved spikes out of my side, then stick it into the wall in a way that I am no longer being pulled down the tunnel.

Do I have one of those entity communicator things?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:35 pm »

((Who's River looking to revive now, I wonder? Hopefully Alan. Not because I'm impatient to begin playing again or something, but I need him to soak up all my bad rolls. Seriously, in Insanity: Roll to keep it together, I've been rolling basically straight ones or sixes for the past 5 or more turns. I NEED ALAN'S CAPACITY AS A LUCK MAGNET :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: February 28, 2015, 02:12:40 pm »

((Who's River looking to revive now, I wonder? Hopefully Alan. Not because I'm impatient to begin playing again or something, but I need him to soak up all my bad rolls. Seriously, in Insanity: Roll to keep it together, I've been rolling basically straight ones or sixes for the past 5 or more turns. I NEED ALAN'S CAPACITY AS A LUCK MAGNET :P))

((Not Alan, sadly. Theri, instead.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: February 28, 2015, 02:16:10 pm »

((That's probably safer for both them and the local villages, I'd think :P I'm just trying to cover my bases because I think Niklas is about to get nuked or something in LBAD so I have to plan for another disposable character to soak all my bad luck up.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: February 28, 2015, 02:29:20 pm »

((That's probably safer for both them and the local villages, I'd think :P I'm just trying to cover my bases because I think Niklas is about to get nuked or something in LBAD so I have to plan for another disposable character to soak all my bad luck up.))

((Say, that reminds me...))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: February 28, 2015, 02:32:55 pm »

((I KINDA KNEW THAT WAS GONNA HAPPEN))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3591 on: February 28, 2015, 02:50:59 pm »

Toaster VS Wolfkit

"I will get you, disagreeable scientist fellow!"

Spoiler: Still Alive (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"I think not, uppity engineery individual!"

Spoiler: Not for long, John! (click to show/hide)

Salsacookies VS Coolrune206

Use any remaining biomass to grow medium-sized curved spikes out of my side, then stick it into the wall in a way that I am no longer being pulled down the tunnel.

Do I have one of those entity communicator things?
You quickly swim to one of the walls of the tunnel, where you form some oversized spikes and use them to dig into the wall, slowing down and eventually stopping after tearing a large gash on the wall. By carefully controlling your movement, you manage to do so without getting hurt. It's still hard to hold on to the cell, every push from the stream moving you forward a bit, closer to the rapidly moving valve. The vibrations caused by its movement are strong enough to cause the tunnel wall to shudder violently.

Yes, you do indeed have one. It's called an Interface and it's right around your tail. A bit strange how you didn't notice that until you thought about it.

Ride the Frisbee!
You ride the frisbee as the tunnel you are in continues to expand by merging with others. Eventually you reach an enormous tunnel, so large you can only catch glimpses of the walls beyond the cloud of frisbees surrounding you. It looks like you're coming up to a giant valve in front of you, constantly opening and closing. Your enemy is nowhere to be seen.

Campaign

((Day 3 of attempting to get a post out. Lets see if my internet stays functional long enough to get this to actually post!!))

<Well, I'm kinda curious about those people we met earlier. I think I'll go see what I can find out about them.>

change to full-human form, dress in the clothes Zech has been carrying for me, and walk openly over to the human village.
((assuming that changing forms doesn't go horribly wrong and the trip is uneventfull))

"Hello? May I visit?"

((edit: just saw my autoaction. thank you for doing that, I'll just need to adapt a bit. the above dialogue was ment for River. I'll try to get this edited to match my new situation.))
Don't worry, I understand. Let's say you changed to human and got dressed before leaving the crater so that you could use the heat.
I assume you don't mind me moving you towards the village in the meantime. More of a temporary encampment than a village, really, but anyway.
Campaign, Ike!

Follow Irine to that human village. This ought to be fun. And perhaps filling, too!

You start walking away from the volcano, towards the outer walls of the city. By the time you reach the city walls, the sun has set and the sky is barely lit by whatever light remains. The only noteworthy event during the trip was Ike stumbling upon a half-filled waterskin. It had the fresh scent of human on it. He picked it up and continued on his way.

A bit of walking around reveals a section of the wall that has been knocked out of place, forming a small gap you can get through. A bit of careful climbing later, you reach the other side, where it is revealed that a small distance behind the wall is an empty moat. It is not merely a strip of dug earth, it has been covered by smooth stone blocks. The ones near the edge have some decorative carvings, while some inside the moat itself have more crude carvings and what look like symbols or letters. Can't really tell in the darkness and at this distance.

Some more walking gets you to a part of the moat that is easier to cross, where a small arched stone bridge, barely large enough to fit one person, allows you to cross to the other side. This side holds a few small buildings that appear to have been built recently (no more than ten years old) from low quality materials and with little regard to architecture or beauty. They appear to have been protected from the explosion to an extent from the city walls, although many of them have suffered fire damage regardless. Despite them being relatively intact, it doesn't look like there is anyone living here.

You continue walking towards the encampment, now with only the stars and the newly arisen moon to guide you and provide light. They are looking quite dim through the perpetually smog-covered sky, only the brightest stars being visible. You can also see the glow of the volcano and the occasional spontaneous magical effect behind you, quite useful for giving you a sense of direction. Thankfully, there is little vegetation that can get in your way and none of the wildlife shows any interest in interacting with you. The refugee camp remains surprisingly dark during this time, only a few fires being lit, mostly around its perimeter. On the other hand, the newly constructed (and much smaller) encampment on the opposite side of the road looks altogether much brighter. You can see figures with polished bronze armour covering most of their body standing guard around it.

You finally reach the perimeter of the refugee camp, where you discover that the sources of light around it are not fires. They are actually small, low quality glass containers with a stone cover on their bottom, each with a small fire floating inside them, as if there is an invisible log burning there. They look like upside down jars. There is also some ash and burnt twigs on the stone, probably from one of those dry bushes around here. It provides little heat, mostly due to the light it is emitting, heat that is nonetheless noticeable in the relative coolness of the night.

It looks like somebody noticed you when you stepped closer towards the light, and is currently quickly walking towards you. As he steps into the light, you see that he looks a lot like the swordsman zombies you fought in the tower, sans the zombie part. A man with light metal armour focusing on the chest, dark red clothes and a short sword. He doesn't appear to be in a very good shape. His clothes have been damaged and burnt slightly, his right arm and the right part of his face sport some recently healed gashes and he looks like he hasn't had a shower in weeks.

"Hey! You there! Who are you? What are you doing away from the camp so late?" he shouts as he approaches you.
"Hello? May I visit?" you ask as he gets closer.
"Oh, uh..."
He spends several seconds looking at you and Ike. He relaxes a bit, although his hand remains close to the hilt of his sword.
"Uh... Sure, I do not think there is any problem with you and your slave spending the night here. Just got to, uh... What is your name? Why are you here? Did you come from the south?"
You can hear and see another man quickly approaching you from the camp. This one is not wearing any armour.

Ike is famished. His guts keep audibly complaining about the lack of solid materials in them.

OOC

((Not Alan, sadly. Theri, instead.))
Is that really what he said? I must have not been paying attention.

Also, I like how the laws of probability behave differently around Xan, so he ends up having to resort to sacrificing characters to appease the gods of luck.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 02:57:58 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: February 28, 2015, 02:56:48 pm »

Hold on tight
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: February 28, 2015, 02:58:01 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

Look down at my feet hungrily and slavishly. Avoid eye contact with astute foreigner. Hope mistress rewards me with food eventually. In lieu of reward, consider possibility of eating waterskin after drinking its contents.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: February 28, 2015, 03:00:38 pm »

((Normally I wouldn't care since I have Xan in ER, but he's frozen right now, Niklas is about to get something unpleasant happen to him in LBAD, The DUNKER isn't doing anything roll worthy in the Forgotten Art, and so I only have STAN right now to soak up my bad luck pool. I can't have it spreading to my Age of Fire character, you see.
I spend too much time plotting this out.))
Sig! Onol

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3595 on: February 28, 2015, 03:04:33 pm »

Try to communicate to my Entity, or any entity for that matter, All the while searching for my quarry. Carefully test if I can swim powerfully enough to escape the flow of this fluid.

<I have some questions. WHERE THE BLASTED HELL AM I? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? AND WHERE IS MY FOE? HOW WILL THIS END IF I CAN'T KILL HIM?>

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3596 on: February 28, 2015, 03:18:24 pm »

((I find it funny how so far the matches have largely been us flailing around))
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: February 28, 2015, 05:31:47 pm »

"I'm Irine."
I watch him carefully as I say this, to see if he reacts to that name.
if no reaction:
"We're traveling and have run very low on supplies. I was hoping to be able to find a meager meal and some shelter."

if reaction:
"Um, your face... Is my name signifigant somehow?"
if he heard of me but doesn't think I match what he heard, or he denies his reaction:
"Oh. Well, we're traveling and have run very low on supplies. I was hoping to be able to find a meager meal and some shelter."
if he asks me directly:
"That... is me. I have multiple forms. I came here mostly out of curiosity, I'd like to learn more about the people I met before. However, my companion here hasn't had the opportunity to have a good normal human meal in quite some time, and I'm also hoping to get him some food if I may."
if I am barred entry:
"I... Ok. I wish you were more welcoming but I understand your caution. may my companion at least get a normal meal before we go? He hasn't had proper food in a while."
and so on.

general conversational pattern:
will not lie, directly or indirectly.
will not give away details about party members, nor our mission. if asked I will say that it's a personal matter and/or that it's not my right to say and/or that I can't answer that without betraying my friends. aka: directly refuse to answer.
will not volunteer my non-human nature unless asked, but will admit to it if asked.
will not give away the full extent of my abilities, again, directly refusing to answer, this time because answering questions like that would only help someone attack me.
will say that I am unique, the only one of my kind, if asked.
will describe my home (original) if asked, and in detail.
will remain polite no matter my reception.
will not attack unless attacked.
will leave if asked to leave, and will not take anything unless offered.

note that all the above rules of behavior only apply to me, I won't try to restrain Ike if he wants to do something else, but I won't deviate from the above even if he does.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: February 28, 2015, 09:52:04 pm »

Bryan tournament
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3599 on: February 28, 2015, 10:02:57 pm »

"That blasted scientist and his non-specific transgressions..."

Spoiler: Blast! Curses! (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 521