Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1073359 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #3855 on: April 17, 2015, 10:17:54 am »

((I (and Alan for that matter) just find it funny that Irene makes good claims on being a pacifist, understands the mood of emo teammates better than nearly anyone else, and is generally a compassionate individual ... but at the slightest hint of a threat she throws all caution and passivity to the wind, burninating or threatening to burninate anyone who gets in her way, which generally results in her viciously killing people while screaming 'I MEAN YOU NO HARM!'. It kinda reminds me of playing Raiden in MGR: Revengance when he's having his little moral crisis and going out of my way to make the cop robot's deaths really brutal. :P
At least that's the impression she's left.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3856 on: April 17, 2015, 10:32:18 am »

((I (and Alan for that matter) just find it funny that Irene makes good claims on being a pacifist, understands the mood of emo teammates better than nearly anyone else, and is generally a compassionate individual ... but at the slightest hint of a threat she throws all caution and passivity to the wind, burninating or threatening to burninate anyone who gets in her way, which generally results in her viciously killing people while screaming 'I MEAN YOU NO HARM!'. It kinda reminds me of playing Raiden in MGR: Revengance when he's having his little moral crisis and going out of my way to make the cop robot's deaths really brutal. :P
At least that's the impression she's left.))
O.O
That's...Wow.
I can't dispute a single bit of that.
Xantalos has gained +1 fear / respect from Lenglon.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3857 on: April 17, 2015, 10:38:33 am »

((In my line of trivial pursuits you have to be good at discerning the inner bad guy within everyone :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3858 on: April 17, 2015, 02:10:24 pm »

((Once again, I do apologize for not posting sooner. My life situation has not improved, and I do think it has worsened a bit. However, I am still trying my hardest to be able to free up some time to post when I can.

If I do not post again by the time the next turn comes up, then yes, please do put me on autoturn. I feel that leaving people to wait for me in my own troubles is rather limiting, and I wouldn't want to do that to anyone)).

Campaign

Zechariah looks up at River, staring into his eyes and observing every minute movement he makes. Zechariah didn't make a sound. He did not turn,  he did not speak, he did not shift. He simply kept still and expressionless, waiting for something, nothing, everything.

Suddenly, Zechariah pushes River backwards with his hands as hard as he can, even if he doesn't have the strength to actually move River. If River pays attention, he would be able to see Zechariah trying to hide a grin. His eyes almost glow with the brightness of some sort of energy that he has now, which was not present before in him. It was not vengeful or  of a dark passion; it was simple excitement and electric movement to be something new.

"Don't just be there!" Zechariah shouts as he pushes River. "We still have a job to do! Theri, and Alan, and all of them - they still need to come back." Regardless of whether River responds aggressively or not, Zechariah backs away and smiles openly now. "Don't worry about me now. I'll be fine. I live for others.

"As long as the others are safe and happy, I will be happy. That's how I lived before, and that's how I will live now."

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: In the line of fire
« Reply #3859 on: April 17, 2015, 02:26:19 pm »

It wont. The turn is half written up somewhere, before I decided to go do something else. Expect turn in the next few hours.
((Pretty sure you wanted to post this in here.))

Well, that's what haaaapppppennnnsss when you use a mobile device. :P Woops.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3860 on: April 18, 2015, 07:04:52 pm »

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

"Quick word of warning, guys, let's not fight, shall we? This fucker right here decided to start a fight he couldn't finish, so do us all a favor and not follow his example, alright? This place is already about to go up in flames (sorry!), so probably best to just go along and rescue whoever we can, then go our separate ways, alright?"

Give Massah Kassah's throat or head, whichever I can confidently hit, a good stomp for safety's sake, then fight defensively (dodge first and foremost, seek to disarm one during an opening) against these poor fellows if they really don't seem about to see reason.
(("We might have tried to kill that guy (which, by the way, I am still trying to kill), but I swear we're only going to kill that guy. And maybe cause some collateral damage. And maybe also kill some other people. But we swear it's by accident, we don't really mean to do it. Well, mostly. In part. Like 50% accidental. You can trust us. It's not like we're some crazy strangers you just met."))
Upon seeing Ike defeat the mage, I stop my attack and pull 2/3 of my flames back to form a protective barrier around me, the remaining 1/3 I send to surround Kassiver. Physically, I turn my head to see who's running.
If I see Ike get attacked then I redirect the flames around Kassiver to attack his attacker, and if Ike needs to pass through my walls of flame I part them for him.

"Ike! He did something to me, I can't move my arms!"
Ike very violently stomps on the ground, somehow managing to miss a man who was barely moving beyond screaming (although he appears to be calming down now, somewhat). He hears a sword coming from behind and tries to dive out of the way, but the sword hits him in the head, inflicting a grievous wound: The tip of one of his ears has been cut off. He spins around to see the large guard getting ready for another strike.

Irine turns her head just in time to see the other guard coming at her, emitting a cry as he raises his sword.
She doesn't have enough time to position her flames to block his path. Despite the difficulty she has moving, she manages to roll away before the guard's sword gets near her.
The guard approaches her again after he recovers from his clumsy strike, but by now she's had enough time to form a barrier. Her entire supply of fire streams around her and flows into a wall between her and the guard.
The guard doesn't have enough time to stop and steps into the wall. Irine can't tell for sure if he's been hurt, for the fire is obstructing her sight. He jumps out of the fire and looks at it, breathing quickly.

Campaign

Zechariah looks up at River, staring into his eyes and observing every minute movement he makes. Zechariah didn't make a sound. He did not turn,  he did not speak, he did not shift. He simply kept still and expressionless, waiting for something, nothing, everything.

Suddenly, Zechariah pushes River backwards with his hands as hard as he can, even if he doesn't have the strength to actually move River. If River pays attention, he would be able to see Zechariah trying to hide a grin. His eyes almost glow with the brightness of some sort of energy that he has now, which was not present before in him. It was not vengeful or of a dark passion; it was simple excitement and electric movement to be something new.

"Don't just be there!" Zechariah shouts as he pushes River. "We still have a job to do! Theri, and Alan, and all of them - they still need to come back." Regardless of whether River responds aggressively or not, Zechariah backs away and smiles openly now. "Don't worry about me now. I'll be fine. I live for others.

"As long as the others are safe and happy, I will be happy. That's how I lived before, and that's how I will live now."

River looks at you wide eyed as you push him, jumping back and adopting a defensive posture.
However he relaxes as you continue talking and lowers his hands.
"Yes." he says, quietly.
"Yes!" he says again, this time with more excitement, wagging his tail slightly.
"They need to come back."

"I understand. I do too." he adds quietly a few seconds later, although he probably does not mean it the way you do.

He walks closer to you again, but not as close as he was before.
"That means you do not...?" he looks away for a second and does not finish what he's saying.
He looks at you again.
"We will work together for this? Now? Are you ready?"

OOC
You know, one of the reasons I give you telepathic communication instead of radios or something is so that I can avoid the problem of long conversations happening during a time period they should not be happening. A simple way that I can have an in universe excuse for anime-time conversations that usually end up happening in RTDs. Unfortunately, one of you is not wearing theirs... Oh well.

((Once again, I do apologize for not posting sooner. My life situation has not improved, and I do think it has worsened a bit. However, I am still trying my hardest to be able to free up some time to post when I can.

If I do not post again by the time the next turn comes up, then yes, please do put me on autoturn. I feel that leaving people to wait for me in my own troubles is rather limiting, and I wouldn't want to do that to anyone)).
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 07:08:53 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3861 on: April 19, 2015, 01:22:09 am »

"Please stop fighting! I came in peace! Nobody is dead yet, it isn't too late! Please stop! Please!"
I maintain my barrier and continue to pull fires from all over to add to my resources.
if I can see Ike's fight, then I tug the inner fire of the guard attacking him down at the ground with my spare focus, maintaining my barrier is higher priority though.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3862 on: April 19, 2015, 01:43:21 am »

Tournament, Second Chance Round
Spoiler: Get out of my zone! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 01:51:55 am by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3863 on: April 19, 2015, 01:49:12 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"My ear! You sliced me in the ear! Well!"

Focus on the guard. Dodge and angle for an opening, then disarm.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 02:33:39 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3864 on: April 19, 2015, 07:31:03 am »

Campaign

"Please stop fighting! I came in peace! Nobody is dead yet, it isn't too late! Please stop! Please!"
I maintain my barrier and continue to pull fires from all over to add to my resources.
if I can see Ike's fight, then I tug the inner fire of the guard attacking him down at the ground with my spare focus, maintaining my barrier is higher priority though.
"Yeah, sure." the guard replies sarcastically as he sheathes his sword and takes a few steps back.

You generate a pyrokinetic wave to bring all nearby fire towards you and use it to reinforce your wall. You don't get much fire though. Must be obstacles in the way.

Suddenly, you hear footsteps rapidly approaching from somewhere in front of you and before you can do anything, you see the guard jumping through the wall of fire, using his cloak as a shield for his face and hands. He quickly tosses the burning cloth away and it lands on your upper body (you can't say if it was intentional or by accident), making everything dark.

It looks like he didn't escape all damage from the fire. But from the glimpse you can see before you loose sight of the world, it's nothing serious. Nothing more than cosmetic damage and he did not look that good to begin with, what with living without basic necessities for more than half a month.

"Ha! Didn't actually think that would work!" you hear him say as he pats out any fires still burning his clothes and unsheathes his sword (or at least you think so, based on what you hear). He sounds like he's enjoying himself.

Campaign, Ike!

"My ear! You sliced me in the ear! Well!"

Focus on the guard. Dodge and angle for an opening, then disarm.
The guard remains focused on you, not even pausing to let you speak. The guard's strike is good, not a wild angry flailing of his sword but a calm and calculated strike. Still too easy to dodge by someone with your skill. You effortlessly twist around the strike, getting in a flanking position and moving to counterstrike.

But despite all your advantages, you strike is clumsy while he turns with incredible speed, getting his sword ready for an upwards slash to your groin. You end up doing something more like grabbing his arms, trying to at least stop him from using his sword on you, now that he's that close.

You struggle for half a second, each of you trying to gain the upper hand, until the guard hits you in the gut with the pommel of his sword and uses his superior strength to shove you on the ground butt first.

He points his sword at you.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:35:31 am by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3865 on: April 19, 2015, 08:09:38 am »

"Sorry."
My wall of flame gets moved to form a horizontal disk above me, boosted by the fire from the burning cloth before it can burn me.
it's a good thing heat rises.
roll away from the inevitable oncoming blow

I can't stay on the defensive like this any longer. They won't stop until I'm dead, no matter what I do or say.
Enough is enough, time to kill them all. They had their chance.

instead of having my flames simply form a defensive disk over me, I have them sweep over me and my attacker, and keep going, scattering to ignite the surrounding tents around us.
once my flames have reached the surrounding tents and I can release them without them instantly fading, I shift into my full-fox form and end my roll, allowing the cloth over me to fall through my flame-self as I change along with my clothes, leaving me standing on a flaming pile of cloth when done, their flames helping to obscure me.
As soon as I possibly can after changing to full-fox, I sieze the inner flames of all 3 of our attackers and slam them deep underground, followed by re-siezeing the flames from the tents and the burning cloth, leaving just enough to serve as seed-flames to increase my power over time, and immolate all 3 of them while they're having trouble moving.
I do NOT stop my actions and fail to continue to the next step if one of them is able to resist my attempt to cripple them, and I do NOT abandon my multi-target actions to focus on just one target. Handling large amounts of fire in large areas is what I do, I'm not single-target anyway.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 03:27:20 pm by Lenglon »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3866 on: April 19, 2015, 09:44:08 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"It's almost as if I'm not good at anything other than dodging, no?"

Try to disarm him with my feet - put one foot on one side of the flat of the blade, the other foot on the other side, but a little further away, and try to use leverage to get it out of his hands and seize it for myself.

And if that doesn't work, continue dodge and recovery tactics.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3867 on: April 21, 2015, 04:50:08 am »

Campaign

Zechariah took a deep breath in.

You're not ready.

"Yes. Let's do this. I think I'm ready. The sun is going down, anyways, so I don't think we'll have much time to talk anymore. Might as well continue while we still have the chance."

I thought you said you were going to stop spinning lies?

Zechariah relaxed his shoulders, pacing around slowly. He looked down at the ground and studied his feet.
"I probably won't be okay. I'm probably going to be unstable still. But that's the best that I can hope for now. Maybe later, I can find something else to help me out. But the answer isn't here. Not yet. Not anywhere."

You know that answer already. You're just afraid of it.

He shook his head. He couldn't let these thoughts begin to cloud his mind already. "I will.. manage for now. Don't worry about me. Worry about the ones we need to bring back now. That's the only thing I can believe in right now. I can believe in other peoples' futures."

Because you already know what you've done. You have a future, but not the one that you want for yourself, or for others. The truth is dark, and you know it. You just want an escape.

Zechariah turns to River. His eyes are sorrowful, yet determined.
"Are you ready?"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3868 on: April 21, 2015, 05:12:59 am »

Yeah, it's pretty mediocre
((Is not, RtM is my 2nd-highest priority RtD. Spec PPl is the only one I value higher. There's a reason I brought the character there that I did. You do great work, stop being so hard on yourself.))

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3869 on: April 21, 2015, 02:22:57 pm »

((Sorry for taking so long but real life attacked and it was super effective))

Spoiler: Save me Romanov! (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 [258] 259 260 ... 521