Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1074121 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #3975 on: May 23, 2015, 07:44:26 pm »

You've given me thoughts that forever scar my mind.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3976 on: May 25, 2015, 07:07:38 am »

Paris?

Are you still alive?
Y'see, here on the internet we assume that if your games die, then you've died. Which means that everyone here thinks I'm dead.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3977 on: May 25, 2015, 07:10:01 am »

((He's not dead. He responded to my character PM yesterday.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3978 on: May 25, 2015, 03:04:32 pm »

Ia ia Paris ftaghn
Sig! Onol

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3979 on: May 25, 2015, 03:10:05 pm »

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Paris Bay12 wgah'nagl fhtagn.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3980 on: May 25, 2015, 03:42:39 pm »

((Activating translation matrix...

Paris: yeah that's clear.
Ia: repeated twice, two letter word. Is seems likely.
Ftaghn: Posting or working seems likely to me.

First message: Is Paris working (on the turn)?

The second one is beyond reason. Mostly.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3981 on: May 25, 2015, 04:01:29 pm »

Ftaghn means sleep.
Sig! Onol

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3982 on: June 01, 2015, 02:09:08 pm »

R.I.P. Thread
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3983 on: June 01, 2015, 03:09:38 pm »

((I don't think so... just wait. Today... my maturing psionic powers detect... an incoming turn!))
Generic Arms Race.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3984 on: June 01, 2015, 09:57:47 pm »

((I don't think so... just wait. Today... my maturing psionic powers detect... an incoming turn!))
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yeah, sorry, was busy with stuff, and still am. And will be for most of the next month. But the good news is I'm done with most of my time consuming stuff, so I can try making more regular posts.

Salsacookies, Hawk132, Coolrune206, Toaster
You are all standing on your individual pillars, identifying you as finalists. What we're waiting for is for everyone involved to choose their upgrades. And for me to write down the mission start. I've got it thought out in my head, just need to put it on paper. Well, not actual paper. Put it on virtual paper? Put it on screen? On hard drive? On post? Whatever the correct expression is.

Everyone not in a mission (That should be Wolfkit, Alarith, DreamerGhost, FallacyofUrist, Beirus and akkudakku, if I'm not forgetting anyone)
6 very special people walk into a bar in the staging area. A guy in a labcoat with the looks of a stereotypical mad scientist, a man in his late teens with a straight scar on the right side of his face a bit below eye level, a man with long black hair and a beard with a book on his belt, a really short and stocky man with a long red beard that reeks of alcohol, a young man with a mountain man beard that appears to have worked hard under the sun for most of his life and an overweight young adult with wireframe glasses.

An entity is manning the bar. A fungiband is standing in the corner, tuning their instruments. There is an old CRT TV in a corner of the inn, showing the four tournament finalists with the subtitle "FINAL ROUND BEGINS SOON" along with dubious factoids about them. Oh, and I forgot to tell you, the entity is promiscuous.

((You guys, you can start discussing what your next mission should be. You're 6 and 6 is a good number for a mission.
Got any suggestions? Anything you want to ask me? I'm open to anything. ((That's what she said!))
I'll put up a vote later. I need to sleep now.))

Campaign
Alrighty. We need to move fast probably since the other people are probably dying or something by now, so I'll try something on that accord.

Try to make a remote-controlled truck or car that's the size of an actual truck/car.
Preferably with the remote not also as large, but if it is, eh whatever.

Oh by the way, my furnitureandvariousotheroddsandendsincludingfoodand liquidsofvaryingkindsatvaryingvelocitiesomancy isn't working as well as it was before. Just look at the couch, it's entirely unremarkable. Is that anything to do with how I died? Thanks for undying me by the way, whoever did that. Any way I can fix it? The furnitureandvariousotheroddsandendsincludingfoodand liquidsofvaryingkindsatvaryingvelocitiesomancy, not the dying.
<Food. Drink. Rest. Time. Mostly time. The damage will heal.>
Nik sits on the couch tapping his foot.
"So, should we just sit around waiting for Fox and Big ears to get back? I could go look for food, think everyone would appreciate that."
<Do whatever you want. I will rest.>

As you wait, sitting on the sofa and tapping your foot impatiently, you notice the air around you shimmering and glowing faintly. The purplish glow intensifies and then fades until it disappears, leaving behind transparent shapes. Meaning you and your companions are now surrounded by ghostly see-through walls, floor and ceiling, with multicolour patterns occasionally running across their surface. The walls begin to clear up, their features sharpening, bumps in the floor and walls becoming chairs, tables and wardrobes, while bumps in the ceiling transform into tacky chandeliers that shine ethereal light to their surroundings, painting your body with slowly alternating colours.

You notice that the sharpening of features is more prominent on one specific wall and its surroundings. As you watch, the features of that wall sharpen further, turning into the square mesh of a window. Behind it, you can see two points of light, rapidly becoming larger and brighter and moving further apart from each other.

<Can't... Breathe...>

If I happen to hear this, unwrap my satchel a slight amount, or maybe poke a hole in it, whichever seems more wise.

EDIT: And in any case, don't quite full speed retreat. First steal the other two swords from the people I killed if I didn't already, and then quickly retreat in order to reunite with the others.

Hearing Irine's plea for air, you (after a bit more looting) decide that the best course of action would be to use a sword on her to open a few breathing holes via stabbing. Luckily, you are dexterous enough to do so without actually stabbing Irine.

You also loosen the bandages around her chest a bit, but your options there are limited. If you loosen them too much, then she will bleed to death in the next few minutes. You think you've probably loosened them enough to allow her to breathe without her bleeding out, but it's hard to tell. The bandages have already become blood soaked, so it's hard to tell how much she's bleeding right now. You know it's not too much, but with her size and the amount of blood she's already lost, every drop counts. Her only hope of survival is receiving medical attention as quickly as possible, preferably now.

With that in mind, you start running, trying to make your way out of the camp as quickly as possible. A good percentage of the people you come across are too preoccupied with the fires that have engulfed some of their dwellings and their futile attempts to extinguish them to notice you, while anyone who does notice you seems too perplexed by the sight of a man covered in blood carrying a bunch weapons under one armpit and a fox over his shoulder to react immediately. By the time they act, your speed has taken you away and any of their shouts are obscured by the clamour of people talking, shouting and screaming.

Luckily, while many people are trying to get away from the centre of the camp, the edge of the camp you're heading towards seems almost deserted. In the darkness, you catch a glimpse of something that might be related to that. A single man with blood on his sword surrounded by three small unmoving dark shapes on the ground.

You don't give him enough time to do anything, continuing your sprint towards the city despite his shouts for you to stop.

Irine
You can breathe a bit better now and can see around you somewhat, but it is still hard for you to retain consciousness.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3985 on: June 01, 2015, 10:50:17 pm »

John nodded toward Rune.  "Congratulations on the win there.  You guys ready to do this?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3986 on: June 01, 2015, 11:53:08 pm »

Just stay awake. I'll stay alive if my mind stays active. Just stay conscious. Ike will take care of me. I'll be okay. Just trust him and stay awake. I do not move, just hanging limply. Just, stay awake.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 01:10:18 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3987 on: June 02, 2015, 06:58:55 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Keep running, keep running, keep running toward reunification with my fellow incompetents.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3988 on: June 02, 2015, 07:04:18 am »

I have no idea what is happening but I need sugary sweetness to properly respond to it.

Summon a popsicle and observe whatever happens.
Sig! Onol

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3989 on: June 02, 2015, 07:04:44 am »

((I'm presuming I pick my speaking color... if not, tell me.))

"Greetings! Excuse me, I need a drink."

Get an alcoholic drink. A large one.
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 264 265 [266] 267 268 ... 521