Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1078057 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4200 on: July 02, 2015, 02:49:52 am »

Nikolai asks Ike
"What happened when we were dead? Looks like you got in a fight or ten.

"Nothing much, honestly - there was a village of survivors, kind of like refugees except they didn't actually go anywhere after their city got blown up. Me and Irine paid them a visit and she told them about how we blew their city up. They didn't like that much. Well, the guy we talked to named Kassiver didn't. And he was a wizard. He was pretty dang displeased, to be honest, and after he was needled some more he decided to get physically magical with Irine, and then I smashed him in the face with a skull and stabbed him in the eyes with some anti-magic stones. This was pretty metal, and I was hoping he'd be dead, but he survived. I also had to kill three of his guards, which is where I got the swords from. Took a bit of biting, that. Somewhere along the way Irine's arms exploded. We also set fire to the really flammable survivor village and probably killed a bunch of people that way."

Ike laughs.

"As you can probably tell, this wasn't really how it was supposed to go. In fact, that was the opposite of how it was supposed to go. But before shit hit the fan, Kassiver told us about magic and some other junk, I think. We also learned that people really don't like funny animal people around here, since there's apparently been a bit of hostility between funny animal people and regular people."

Ike pauses a moment, trying to recall anything else.

"Aside from that, mostly we were looking for food, clothing, that kind of crap. I got possessed by an ash wraith briefly. And I also found a machine with some symbols on it that, now that I think about it, did seem pretty similar to the ones Kassiver mentioned in his magical lecture, incredibly boring as it was."

Resting until our fateful rendezvous, probably.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: July 02, 2015, 02:53:52 am »

The best/worst possible thing happens: Alan takes notice.

"Why what?"

Zechariah was startled and didn't know how to respond. He didn't think anybody was actually listening to him. "Um, well... I, uh..."
Just say something, dammit!
His eyes are downcast as he responds. "I've been, um... doubting myself. I don't think I've really done much good here, even though.. even though I say that I want to protect people. And, well.. I don't think anyone really benefits from me being here. I think I hurt people more than I help most of the time. I'm not a good fighter. I'm not a good supporter. I'm not a good defender. What am I?"

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: July 02, 2015, 03:06:01 am »

Cyan with black glow.....
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: July 02, 2015, 03:09:12 am »

"Oh, I've heard of this. People being sad at themselves because they can't do as good as they think they should at arbitrary things. A better question is why should you care? I mean, look at me! I'm the best person here - no offence I'm just fucking fabulous - and I'm pretty sure I was the one who accidentally killed all of us earlier. Do I look distraught?"

Alan spreads his arms wide, exposing rather less flab than he would've in the past due to his accidental thinning up.

"The answer is I still look awesome. And you shouldn't be sad that you can't be as amazing as me, because that's impossible. Instead focus on what you can do almost as good as me - like care about people and stuff. Hell, you're getting all wound up about not being able to save people but I don't even remember why we're here or anything! It's irrelevant to me anyway, but still. Loosen up and have fun, ya big glowstick."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: July 02, 2015, 05:13:48 am »

John is nodding very enthusiastically:
"Yes. Information is good"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: July 02, 2015, 06:46:15 am »

"No more escaping, craven."

If Rune manages to find a way to the stairwell/elevator - run as fast as I can to him and pull him while grabbing him with my other hand.

If he eludes me and gets into the stairwell/elevator - destroy it with the blingcannon.

If he doesn't find his escape route and tries to run at me - put him in stasis and then slash away.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: July 02, 2015, 11:09:13 am »

"Do we need to conclude this fight? Or shall we just head to the mission now?"
If my opponent feels no need to finish the fight, head to the briefing otherwise, if he takes any hostile action (like moving towards me) see below
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: July 02, 2015, 12:01:12 pm »

If bar has any flamable alcohol, grab it and go outside.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: July 02, 2015, 12:26:19 pm »

Spoiler: John Action (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4209 on: July 02, 2015, 11:16:37 pm »

Staging Area

"Do we need to conclude this fight? Or shall we just head to the mission now?"
If my opponent feels no need to finish the fight, head to the briefing otherwise, if he takes any hostile action (like moving towards me) see below
Well... Urist appears to be missing for the past 6 days... Let's declare this a draw and give him a couple more days before I start the mission.

If bar has any flammable alcohol, grab it and go outside.
You ask for a bottle of pure ethanol and then go outside after receiving it, joining those guys below.

((Is my magnet is the orb one or the object one?))
"Hello there, explain what's going on. I don't know what to do here."
Stand still. Defend myself.
((I... don't understand? Its an effect with an invisible and immaterial source that you can move around within your range and attach to objects. Did you want something else?))

A bit hard to defend yourself by standing still, unless you're playing dead.
John is nodding very enthusiastically:
"Yes. Information is good"

"Well, you my friends, have been lucky enough to be selected as participants to the Interuniversal Games for Special People, by one of us. And I have the honour of being the organizer of said games. Responsible for running them smoothly, upholding the rules, things like that."

"The concept of the games is very easy. A group of players (that's you) gets a challenge, selected by us. Said challenge may be anything. It might require you to work together or fight each other, to kill people or to help people. It might take place in a city familiar to you or worlds where the natural laws you're familiar with do not apply."

"If you do well and you are entertaining enough, you get rewarded. Fail and... well, you get to try your luck on another challenge, if the one that chose you is kind enough to give you a second chance. Succeed enough times and you get to go home. Simple, right?"

"On missions, you usually get an interface, a little meta-object that provides you with information and allows you to communicate with each other and identify each other as players, although that may change on certain challenges."

"As for this challenge, you'll receive your briefing on site so there's no need for me to tell you much, but basically you just have to search a house and kill a guy (or try to capture him alive if you want a greater challenge). That's more or less it."

"Any questions?"

Final Round

I need that acidic spit and I need it now. Evolve it. See if there is any way to squeeze through the stalls into the elevator. If so, get through and go to the top floor. If not, startle my foe by flinging myself directly at him but leaping over him at they last second and exit the building via the storefront Windows or doors.
Well, you could become a rat or something and crawl under it, but I assume you don't want that.
You try to get to the elevator, but you just can't jump or climb over the obstacles in your way. Too bad you have no wings.
Well, guess it's time to charge him.

While all this happens, you manage to form a gland filled with an acidic substance on your neck. It should hopefully allow you to launch acid at high speeds out of your mouth.
"No more escaping, craven."

If Rune manages to find a way to the stairwell/elevator - run as fast as I can to him and pull him while grabbing him with my other hand.

If he eludes me and gets into the stairwell/elevator - destroy it with the blingcannon.

If he doesn't find his escape route and tries to run at me - put him in stasis and then slash away.

Rune runs towards Saevus. Saevus merely prepares his golden arm and points it towards him. Rune attempts to jump over him at the last second, just as the runes on Saevus' golden arm light up. Unfortunately, jumping over a ~3 metre tall suit of armour is not very easy, especially when you have no wings. It would had probably been easier to try and dive between his legs. As it is, he's going to collide with Saevus.

Or at least he would have, had he not suddenly stopped mid air like he collided with a wall. Not half a second later, as if that was not enough, Saevus slaps him with the flat of his blade right at the neck, throwing him to the floor.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Final Round question (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: John Action (click to show/hide)

Campaign

You could theoretically summon a big wagon and some ice. Whether or not that's a good idea is another story.
ALAN CONSIDERS THESE POSSIBILITIES NOT CONCERNING

Summon a giant wagon filled with ice cubes to keep the food in!

At nonlethal velocity.

Oh dear. Well, uh, let's see...
Luckily for you and the rest of the team, you rolled a 2 and not something worse like a -1.

Agreed, resting.

Nikolai asks Ike
"What happened when we were dead? Looks like you got in a fight or ten.

(Nik's gonna make sure his power still works after being revived by tsaring a bottlecap a few times. He's also gonna spend some time practicing with his weapons. But mostly relaxing and standing guard, nothing too important.)
Yep, power works.

You stand guard outside of the little tunnel while the others rest (or do whatever else they want), occasionally standing up to stretch your legs, make a few practice swings with your sword and use your sling to try and hit a piece of rubble. You keep imagining the piece of rubble you're aiming for is Alan for some reason.

You stay there for some time (two hours? Three? Hard to tell, although it's about midday. Still too early to leave.), standing close to the tunnel to shield your head from the sun, when you hear something in the silence. It sounds like something slowly walking somewhere above, coming from the centre of the city.

Tiruin
You are looking at the sky. Clear blue sky, so clear and cloudless it feels like there's nothing around you, like you're flying through a blue void. But you're not. You can feel it. Your legs resting on the soft ground, on a bed of weeds and dirt, your head and back slightly elevated, touching something very cold. But there's also warmth, the sun giving your face a pleasant warmth with its beams. And the feeling of your chest moving, your heartbeat in your ears, the sound of wind and birds and...

You close your eyes and the world, the feelings, it all disappears. All that's left is the sight, a grey sight that never leaves, never grows dark. Everything is grey, a grey gradient surrounding you that never goes away, always the same, the differences so small one who saw it for the first time would had trouble noticing them. But you notice it. The light, your enemy, it's always there, at the edge of your sight, coming closer and...

You open your eyes again and the world returns. It's better this way. Resting here on this plain, you feel content. Yes, there is trouble. There are problems. There is worry and running. But for now, you can forget that. You can enjoy this while you can. Being with a friend. Seeing the world. Being calm. Resting. Being happy.

Your body moves. It feels alien, as if you're not the one controlling it, merely watching. You sigh and then open your mouth to take a deep breath-

And wake up.

You are naked, lying on your back, with your head and back on something cold and hard. Feels like stone. It is dark and quiet, except for some distant sound, maybe wind. You open your eyes and try to get up so you can look-
"Theri!"
With a bark, two arms are wrapped around you and a tongue starts licking your nose.
<My friend! My friend is here!> he repeats a couple of times, along with whines and barks.
After a while, River stops licking you and just stands there with his arms resting on your shoulders, looking at you more calmly.
"I missed you."
Despite him being a bit more calm, he is still panting and you can still see and hear his tail moving.

You are sitting on a stone table, inside a dark room. The only light is coming through a hole over a fireplace, a beam of light coming through it and cutting through the darkness. The room looks like a storage room that's been converted into a kitchen of sorts. There's the unlit fireplace, cupboards, a few metal cooking implements, some chairs, some shelves and a few barrels. There's a single doorway leading out of the room into a slightly brighter room.

OOC
Ketchup keeps just fine on the shelf, actually.  You don't have to refrigerate it.
Are you sure? Because the one I have says "store in fridge after the seal has been removed" in the label. On the other hand, I've never tried to leave it out of the fridge and I've seen restaurants leave ketchup out in the open unrefrigerated... Maybe it's a time thing? Because the one in my fridge might stay there for months, but the ones in restaurants tend to be consumed within a week? I have no idea. Let's ask Google.
*googles*
Yeah, turns out you're right. You can leave it out for about a month or more. The fridge is just to keep it fresh and tasty longer.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: July 02, 2015, 11:47:42 pm »

Is this a good time to get in on this?  I've been reading through this entire thread (95% done) and would like to submit a character. :D
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: July 03, 2015, 12:01:26 am »

((That heads-up was beautiful to match how you introduced this [I have been lurking and following everyone ever since. Well, screenshot + offline reading anyway due to RL conditions.] :3))

[Also someone could totally edit the tropes page? I'd gladly do it, but my schedule is...extremely paper thin >_< apologies.]

Is this a good time to get in on this?  I've been reading through this entire thread (95% done) and would like to submit a character. :D
Yes. Do so :3
I played across nearly 40 pages (15 posts per page) via PMs, and I'm planning to nominate this in the Hall of Fame for proof that PM gaming works.
Do submit--the GM needs sleep though. He is organizing his sleep. x3

Theri
Is this all a dream?
A dream within dreams?...
Oh...oh its not.

Sentient thought echoed within Theri's mind as she recalled the first memories since she had met River--the short yet vast time she spent before she came into his world. What had occurred happened at the speed of thought: So vivid, impactful and solid, though also carrying a fleeting and yet ever-present gist. She remembered how it felt when she knew of this world--moving towards the light. She felt reality once more.

Looking up at River, she gave him a smile. "Hi River. You're as much a wolf as I know a wolf. I missed you too. I missed my friends,"  she said, pronouncing the greeting with a fatigued and slightly cracking tone, disappearing wholly as she took a deep breath.

"I...don't recall much. Where is the brown fox?-..err, I remember Irine has a brown hue.Irine! " Theri blinked. She recalled what had occurred in a time that spanned only a yesterday for her. "Irine! Ike? Where are they? Are they alright? Where am I and-oh...I'm naked."

The Kitsune glanced at River, then back at herself. The awkwardness of her response was lost to her, and would be easily misunderstood if it wasn't for the ability to think out loud.
"Do I look alright?" I think I was hurt and-...

Inquire! Get situational awareness.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 12:03:37 am by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: July 03, 2015, 01:58:20 am »

Alan thinks for a bit, then decides to be more careful.

Shocking.

Go outside and try to summon a bunch of ice first.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: July 03, 2015, 02:29:48 am »

((Hmph. Thank you.))
"Let's go to the mission first."
Go to briefing.
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: July 03, 2015, 03:16:23 am »

Campaign

Zechariah didn't really know how to respond to that. In all honesty, he wasn't surprised by Alan's response. After all, Alan seemed to be someone who liked to keep things simple, sporadic, and exciting - whether for the better or for the worse. Still, Zechariah had tried to be relaxed and laid-back before. He just couldn't manage it. There was too much anxiety running through him. What if this, what if that? Am I doing enough? How could I do better? Is this is all my fault?

And so on and so forth. Though Zechariah may have found the Answer for the Medium, he did not have an answer for himself yet.
He began to formulate a response for Alan, but by the time he had looked up, Alan was already distracted with attempting to solve the problem of the refrigerator not actually refrigerating at the moment. All he manages to stammer out is a simple "I- um.. okay..." before he sighs, still disappointed in himself.
What's the use? I'm a ghost. A shadow.

Plop down near the corner I was at and rest, sulking over my self-induced melancholy.
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 521