Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077029 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4305 on: July 10, 2015, 03:20:45 pm »

((Doe is the surname))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4306 on: July 10, 2015, 10:32:47 pm »

I just reread most of mission 1.  Man, we still haven't learned to not set everything on fire.  I mean, has there been one mission without something going up in flames?  The survival mission, maybe?  No fires that I can recall, ignoring the massive team fight at the end.

Also, I'm glad I did it, because it reminded me what I had set for the backstory of John's universe.

Speaking of, Illgeo, what's your character's last name?  With two Johns there's potential for confusion.
Funnily enough, I recently reread Mission 1 too, and some of Mission 2. Both to remember some things better and because it was fun. It's always fun to see what you guys will think of next...

And yeah, my bad, I need to redo the first two posts. Update the info, put people's names and appearance descriptions there, add some new missions I thought of, among other things.

Life's brighter when everything is on fire.
The words of a wise man.
I'll be sigging that.

Fire has caused none of our problems. generally our biggest problems have been due to not having enough fire, or not using fire soon enough. nothing can't be solved with sufficient firepower.
All we need is enough firefoxes on the mission that we can crush them under their fluffy tails and destroy them with their fire! That is what matters player!

Lenglon is right: most of our problems were caused by stupidity, bad ideas, or poor communication.
Yeah, miscommunication is a bit of a problem. Bad ideas, not so much, because sometimes you want to do something that sounds like a bad idea, just to see what happens, because its sounds fun or has a chance to give you a better reward or is just what your character would do, even though you know it's not the best option.

And definitely not stupidity. More not really thinking things through. Because sometimes you can be amazingly smart and do things I haven't really thought of, bypassing things I thought would be hard.
And then sometimes, from all the possible choices I'm giving you to solve a problem and all the possible solutions I haven't thought of, you'll pick the worst one, somehow making things I thought would be easy hard.

Or just plain bad luck. Like Harry rolling terrible will and alerting the Colony Ship to the fact you were coming to stab it just as John was going through the "garden" of flesh its Life Stone had created.

Or a combination of the above. Like for example...

Campaign

Waity waity wait. Fortunately Alan waits better than Xan did.
Hmmm... Tempted to roll will...
Waiting.
Everyone waiting and resting, it seems.
Campaign, Ike!

Listen to the sounds on the wind. Relax. This is no time for adventure, nay, this is time for resting!

Resting it is.

You rest against the canyon wall, listening to the sounds of the wind and the dead city. The wind makes a different whistling noise as it passes by your ears then what it usually does, reminding you of the small piece one of them is missing.

You try to push such thoughts out of your head and focus on what's going on around you instead. The two men keep walking for a while, before stopping some distance later. Close to where the flat area close to the rim of the crater starts, if your mental map of the area is correct.

They stay there for a while, a few minutes. You spend that time watching a small flock (pack? you are not sure of what the right word is) of those small floating lights flying above your hiding place. When, suddenly, you hear something. Sounds like footsteps. Lots of them. Coming from the direction those two came. They're not very close yet, but they will be soon.

Guess now you know what those human scents were... And now that they're closer, you can make out a familiar one among them. Smells like that guard that let you into the camp last night. How was he called again? Rohan? Rover? Something like that.

And, just when you thought nothing more could happen, you start hearing the buzzing of a discoball floating through the air. Sounds like it's getting closer to your location, approaching from the direction of the slope leading out of the crack in the earth you are in.

So to recap, there's two humans in the west, a lot of them on their way from the east and a discoball coming from the south, which is also the direction out of this little hole you're in. Looks like it's a party and everyone's is invited. The only one missing is River and that mage you've blinded and you'd have everyone you've met in this campaign (and haven't killed) here.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: July 11, 2015, 12:31:10 am »

((Am currently in Hybrid form - do I smell Rovan too? or is it just Ike that smells him?))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: July 11, 2015, 01:06:57 am »

Insert quote about slow knives from dark knight rises here
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: July 11, 2015, 04:18:34 am »

Campaign, Ike!

To the team: <Heads up, guys - it seems like basically everyone's passing by this way for some reason, and I do mean everyone. Including a shiny sphere of death coming in from the south. Prepare something throwable just in case. And hold on to your balls, Alan.>

Keep listening and watching. See if I can grab a rock from my position without making much noise.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4310 on: July 11, 2015, 05:44:43 am »

((Am currently in Hybrid form - do I smell Rovan too? or is it just Ike that smells him?))
You could, but it's hard. They're some distance away. Let me make a quick roll.
You got 2. So no.
But you can always ask Ike what he means by 'everyone'.

Edit: But you said you don't have your CommWire on? Maybe HB can say something with words? Or you can ask him what's going on?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 11:42:45 am by Parisbre56 »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: July 11, 2015, 06:40:42 am »

I'll be sigging that.
((Success! It took me over a year, but I finally wrote something sigworthy.))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: July 11, 2015, 01:02:55 pm »

I look at my oddly silent teammates and just continue to wait.

((It's not that Irine dislikes the commwire, she just literally forgot about it - was distracted. So right now she doesn't even realize that she's missing out on a conversation))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4313 on: July 11, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »

Just a clarification that you can smell that there are some humans coming, you just can't smell as many as Ike and can't make out Rovan's smell.

And, also, if you remember, those comm things just need to be close to your body, preferably touching it, as Charlie explained. You don't need to have them around your neck. You could have them around your toe or ear, for example.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2015, 02:59:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: July 11, 2015, 02:04:53 pm »

<They just keep coming. Okay no more waiting, we have to leave now. Probably will have to fight our way out. Everyone ready?>

I'm ready.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: July 11, 2015, 02:29:45 pm »

Just a classicizing that you can smell that there are some humans coming, you just can't smell as many as Like and can't make out Rovan's smell.

And, also, if you remember, those com things just need to be close to your body, preferably touching it, as Charley explained. You don't need to have them around your neck. You could Hades them around your toe or ear, for example.
((Autocorrect?))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4316 on: July 11, 2015, 03:03:11 pm »

Yeah, just wanted to write a quick clarification post so that Lenglon could see it. Trying to write quickly with wet fingers is a bad idea.

mydjet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: July 11, 2015, 04:35:56 pm »

i sit pacently aginst a wall and trust my team to defeat the evil doors. if they dont i then turn the front door into a micro balista

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: July 11, 2015, 07:52:22 pm »

i sit pacently aginst a wall and trust my team to defeat the evil doors. if they dont i then turn the front door into a micro balista
Nikolai approves of your power.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: July 11, 2015, 09:25:23 pm »

((If we die because of you... ))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 521