Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076609 times)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4455 on: July 27, 2015, 08:16:46 pm »

Staging Area

Quote from: Megggas
<character>
You wake up.

You're laying face first on something hard, cold and smooth. Feels like your face should be bruised from sleeping on something like that, but it isn't.
It's not very dark, but it's not very bright either. What it is, is very damp. Too much humidity.
You can hear large amounts of water falling somewhere nearby. The area you are in is distorting the sound, creating quiet echoes.

Ugh...huh?  Where am I now?

George sighs as he stands up, looking around at his surroundings.

Well....of course.  Shame on me for thinking I could just take a nice nap without being disturbed.  What was I thinking?  No, no, don't worry about me, mister scientists, I love waking up in random places with my face to the ground.  It's like high school all over again.  Now I just have to wait for the constant prodding and sharp instruments and then the experience will be complete.

"Uh...Hello?  Anybody here?  This is some kind of experiment, right?"

Look around.  Try to figure out where I am.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4456 on: July 27, 2015, 10:39:16 pm »

"Nice disguises. Let's go."

Lead the non-fugitive members of the team away. Wave goodbye to the centurion guys. Remain on guard.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4457 on: July 28, 2015, 01:11:32 am »

"Let's!"

Begin travelling away with Nikolai and the non-murderous fugitives. Sing a song to help the travelling. Alan volume.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4458 on: July 28, 2015, 01:28:43 am »

I follow Ike and trust his judgement, literally holding his hand with mine if he lets me.

((Will be unable to post for a week, I plan to do whatever Ike asks of me as long as it isn't self-destructive unless we end up speaking with Rovan or one of the men from the well. auto me so the game can continue please.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4459 on: July 28, 2015, 08:44:29 am »

Campaign

"Nice disguises. Let's go."

Lead the non-fugitive members of the team away. Wave goodbye to the centurion guys. Remain on guard.
"Let's!"

Begin travelling away with Nikolai and the non-murderous fugitives. Sing a song to help the travelling. Alan volume.
Quote from: DAF:previous action
Follow
Your group climbs out the hole and starts moving away from it and the soldiers. Most of them have sit down to rest but they don't seem to be letting their guard down. They're staying mostly quiet and keeping an eye out, their hands close to their weapons. And their placement is not random, they look like they've made a crude perimeter around a smaller group of humans in the centre. There are also sentries posted around the group, most of them keeping an eye on you but not moving towards or otherwise reacting to your presence.

There's a few more of them than you remember, a few more with that light leather armour. Looks like more scouts got here while you were having fun down there.

You start travelling towards the east, towards the city wall. The cool breeze coming from there help you remain cooler despite the sun doing its best to cook you alive from his vantage point in the middle of the sky.

You keep walking for a few minutes and there still seems to be no sign of murderous ambushes. Then again, with Alan's singing and the sound of the wind in your ears, hearing someone sneaking up to you would be difficult. But you're probably safe for now.

Campaign, Ike!

<All right, let's move out.>

Plan: me and Irine move separately from the rest, trying to keep a low profile. Objective - leave this area without being identified, if not necessarily without being seen.

EXECUTE INGENIOUS PLAN.

When you say separately, you mean at different directions, at different times or do I choose whatever I Wang, potentially with a random dice roll?
((The I Wang has not failed me yet, so I shall trust its judgment.))
i-Wang sounds like the kind of Apple product you'd find in a sex store.
I follow Ike and trust his judgement, literally holding his hand with mine if he lets me.

((Will be unable to post for a week, I plan to do whatever Ike asks of me as long as it isn't self-destructive unless we end up speaking with Rovan or one of the men from the well. auto me so the game can continue please.))
((OK.))

You wait some time after Alan's group is gone to make your move. You climb up the slope and start walking away from it and the soldiers, trying to look as nonchalant and inconspicuous as you can.

It feels like everyone is staring at you. You're probably just being paranoid, but you don't want to risk turning around to check. If you turn around to satisfy your paranoia, then they will see your face and then they'll recognize you and then you'd be in real trouble. They're probably wondering why you have a naked girl with you, holding your hand. It attracts their attention. Then they see the bloodstains on the shirt around your head and your sword, they put two and two together and now they know who you are and what you've done. You'll hear spells being launched your way any moment now, metal boots drawing closer, swords being drawn. You'll have to run and dodge again. Any moment now...

You manage to resist temptation and keep walking away without looking behind you until you are out of sight. Guess they won't be calling you Orpheus any time soon.

You start heading southeast, towards the wall and the river of fire that lies behind it. You continue to not hear or smell anyone following you. You catch a faint human scents to your sides, but they move away soon after and disappear completely a minute later. You don't detect anything else in the few minutes it takes you to walk forward, although you keep looking behind you, just in case. Despite you being ready for trouble, it looks like trouble was not ready for you. Then again, with the direction the wind is blowing, if anyone is following your trail they would be hard to smell.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4460 on: July 28, 2015, 08:48:27 am »

((Yay, made it in my last few hours! Last-second triggered action: if we end up going near the river of fire or another flame source, I'm going to want to take it with me.))
continue previous action
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4461 on: July 28, 2015, 09:47:58 am »

Campaign, Ike!

To entire team if possible: <Ike to whoever can hear, we seem to be clear of the Imperial Guard for now. Maybe a scout might be following us, but I wouldn't necessarily count on it.>

See if I can rendezvous with the others some way down the road. Shouldn't be too hard to find, considering Alan's singing.

And if not, find a quieter spot to stop for a bit and listen to the sounds in the air for a few minutes, check if anyone's walking around here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4462 on: July 28, 2015, 11:09:26 am »

Alan's team can hear you.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4463 on: July 29, 2015, 08:01:23 am »

Final Round

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blobby (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Blob (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: WOOT WOOT WOOT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SHOOT IT (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: DO IT (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4464 on: July 29, 2015, 08:16:31 am »

Spoiler: I'm so cute! (click to show/hide)
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4465 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:17 am »

Spoiler: Do I still look human? (click to show/hide)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4466 on: July 29, 2015, 08:52:25 am »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4467 on: July 29, 2015, 09:22:58 am »

Spoiler: Woop woop woop! (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4468 on: July 29, 2015, 10:08:44 am »

Final Round

Spoiler: I'm so cute! (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Woop woop woop! (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: SHOOP SHOOP SHOOP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Do I still look human? (click to show/hide)

((Pausing a bit to give you two a chance to react, since it looks like we're nearing the end of this match, one way or another.))
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:13:22 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4469 on: July 29, 2015, 10:19:19 am »

Spoiler: Beep beep boop (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 296 297 [298] 299 300 ... 521