Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076228 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Everybody Lies
« Reply #4920 on: September 02, 2015, 11:06:38 am »

"I-I'm okay Ike, just... just give me a bit."
I open my eyes and look around, letting myself settle before moving.
clarity edit: this line is to River -<Thank you. I think I'll be okay. But if I get at all worried, I'll talk to you about it.>
once I see Ike, I look up at him.
"River and I managed to talk things out. And he answered some questions of mine about our mission. Sent me some raw data about the Severer. I'll try to put it into words for everyone once I've had some time to organize myself."
((Do I still feel D through my links? all, many, or just one? or is it a different feeling?))
Yes, you can. It's a different feeling. It's a single link that feels similar to your old links, but also stronger. Closer to you, in a way. And it's getting even stronger by the second. Yet it's also more simple, more primitive. It's just... there. You're not getting much out of it right now, other than a feeling.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4921 on: September 02, 2015, 11:32:01 am »

I reach out through my new link and gently caress it. feeling it and nurturing it.
<I... I have a link again...>
I just sit there for several moments, feeling again something that I'd thought I'd lost forever. Even if it's not the same.
After several seconds... and several more seconds on top of that have passed. I finally shake myself out of my stupor long enough to stand up and walk over to Ike, following him to... wherever he's going. is he going somewhere? it doesn't matter. I HAVE A LINK AGAIN!
Is kinda out of it right now.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4922 on: September 02, 2015, 11:44:11 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Ike walks to a respectable distance from River and raises his hand in a sort of interjection.

"Hey River! You going to keep traveling separately from here on in? Sorry about the aggression previously, but it seemed like you were going off the deep end for a bit, you know what I'm saying?"

Ask River what his plan is.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4923 on: September 02, 2015, 12:58:55 pm »

I reach out through my new link and gently caress it. feeling it and nurturing it.
<I... I have a link again...>
I just sit there for several moments, feeling again something that I'd thought I'd lost forever. Even if it's not the same.
After several seconds... and several more seconds on top of that have passed. I finally shake myself out of my stupor long enough to stand up and walk over to Ike, following him to... wherever he's going. is he going somewhere? it doesn't matter. I HAVE A LINK AGAIN!
Is kinda out of it right now.
The link responds to your interaction, resulting in a slightly stronger "feeling" from it. You can feel joy and affection emanating from the other end, along with a bit of pain, but it is all weak and unfocused. There's little activity in the other end from what you can feel, as if it is half-asleep. There are also... other things there, on the link and beyond it. Things that cause you discomfort when you focus on them.

Campaign, Ike!

Ike walks to a respectable distance from River and raises his hand in a sort of interjection.

"Hey River! You going to keep traveling separately from here on in? Sorry about the aggression previously, but it seemed like you were going off the deep end for a bit, you know what I'm saying?"

Ask River what his plan is.
"As long as you do not attack me again, I can travel with you."
"If you are afraid of me, if you think my presence would be a problem, I can travel on my own." he says while looking at you attentively.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4924 on: September 02, 2015, 01:12:42 pm »

I reach over to Ike and grab his nearest hand in both of mine, and let him guide me wherever. My main focus is on my link! I continue to focus on it and care for it, helping it strengthen and grow as I can. I have a link again! I make sure to be gentle with it, and keep it close to me, and pay attention to whatever it needs. I have a link again!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4925 on: September 02, 2015, 03:17:50 pm »

"Hey, I'd be perfectly happy not to stir up shit between us again. I like things smooth. Do tell me to shut up next time though. I sometimes tend to forget myself, and then, well, you saw what happened. Very poorly handled on my part, and I'll try to do better in the future."

Privately, to River: <Of course, being that we can talk to each other wordlessly, feel free to tell me if you see something wrong in the future and if you want me to have your back on something. Communication, especially the telepathic sort, can ease things in a big way. Otherwise I tend to have no idea what you're on about, as you saw before.>

Head on back to the others! Reunited as one big happy family at last!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4926 on: September 03, 2015, 02:13:32 am »

((@Paris - I did a re-read of recent conversations, and re-read our momentum discussion and... well, I was an idiot. I'm sorry. Your suggestion about simply maintaining momentum was much better, the mental visual of what would happen is far less jarring, it's consistent in way more situations, and it's just generally a better idea. so... sorry. Could Irine just maintain whatever momentum she has when she changes?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4927 on: September 03, 2015, 07:02:02 am »

Hey, you guys cool if I merge the thee teams into two teams and maybe lower the difficulty a bit to account for the inactives and get this mission moving a bit faster?

Team C: Kosak

"Wait a minute, you're a smart guy, aren't you? Smart guys are always more dangerous! Eat this!"

Kosak grabs something large and metal and chucks it at the glass window.
You pick up a chair and throw it at the window. However, it's a pretty poor throw and the window must be reinforced, for it doesn't even crack.
"Ha! You cannot defeat the power of SCIENCE with such feeble  physical attacks! My intelligence is superior! I cannot be defeated by a common brute."
The giant man manages to extract himself from the wall and attacks you with a sweep. You do something like a half-block half-dodge, jumping into the air and using your hands to protect yourself while at the same time trying to avoid the green things on it. Your injured arm complains as you are flung backwards and tumble onto the floor.
"You just got lucky! That's why you're still alive. Only luck can explain how you are still alive in the face of such superior intellect! And only stupidity can explain why you haven't given up yet."
Damn it. It's one of those guys, isn't he? Those villains that keeps gloating while you fight. Next he'll probably start explaining his plan to you. Where's his speaker so you can at least crush that?

<Team A, Svajoklis>
Bryan, watch out for the tripwire.
Warn Bryan of the tripwire. Have a look at what is behind the woden door.
Team A
Start to pick up the pace at least to catch up with my teammate, avoiding the tripwire he mentioned.
"Hey, do you have an idea of where to go next? Our spooky "friend" is coming this way."
You move quickly and reach the door with the thing hot on your trail. There is a rush of cold air and moisture as you open the door.
Beyond it you see... huh. Beyond the door there is a snow-covered grove of trees. Almond trees from the looks of it, brown and white, barren except for the rare flower. The clouds are low, creating a covering of mist that doesn't allow you to see more than about 20 metres away from you and makes the entire place look very... grey.

One could say the door leads outside the house, but the problem is that there is no "house". The door is just standing there, in a clearing in the middle of the grove.

There are two sets of footprints in the snow, leading away from the door. Bryan can feel a presence somewhere in there. A person filled with sadness and fear.

At least the light coming from the door seems to be keeping your shadowy 'friend' away.

Team A

Keep on charging.
You do that. About 50 seconds left.

You send out a wave of red lines, swirling around and radiating outwards in a semi-organic manner like tiny snakes or fish. They make their way through your web of flesh and disappear through the walls and floor, not affecting them in any visible way.

Team B
Dodge, evade, backpedal, buy time to write up a laser to take out as many of the mannequins pressuring me at once as possible. Continue to not laser teammates, and make sure not to back into a corner or let myself get surrounded.
You focus on your equations, trying to get a laser up and running ASAP. You barely manage to avoid their blind stabbing.
The moment you are done, you jump down on the floor and cover your hair. A giant laser appears in the hallway, slicing everything in it apart and melting some of the resulting pieces in extreme heat, boosted by the mirroring effect of the two portals. The remaining pieces fall on the floor, twitching randomly. You'd say you're home free for now. However, you wouldn't say the same about your teammates. One of them is already gone and the other appears to be in trouble.

Team B.
To H4zardZ1:
"Hey, Magnetic, can you use machinery as throwing weapon?"
Tinker with machinery, try to do stuff beneficiary to us.
Well, you do know how to use these materials to make a kick-ass sword. However, it is hard to do so with those mannequins around bothering you. You are in the middle of activating some sort of saw-like machine when they attack. You try to dodge and get the mannequin to fall into the saw, but the thing manages to punch you as you attempt to get out of the way, sending its hand and your back into the saw. You don't even feel the pain, your body overflowing with adrenaline. But it is getting harder to move your right arm. Must be muscle damage.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4928 on: September 03, 2015, 08:20:48 am »

((I'm fine with combining groups, even if I'm not in one of the groups you would combine.))
Team A
"There's someone out there, afraid and sad. Could be the person that was taken."
Head in the direction of the sad person, watch out for traps.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4929 on: September 03, 2015, 10:48:26 am »

George finally tires of failing at Tetris, and opens his eyes.  He decides to make another wish, curious if it will work.

Imagine a strategy guide that details the best strategies for winning challenges in this competition.  Wish for that strategy guide to appear in my hands.  Read it if I succeed.  If the strategy guide is in a language I can't read, wish for the guide to be translated to English.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:10:54 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4930 on: September 03, 2015, 12:20:53 pm »

Team A

Still charging.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4931 on: September 03, 2015, 01:59:25 pm »

<Svajoklis, Team A>
Now that I have a light source that is unlikely to give out, search through the room for anything useful.
Our spooky friend dislikes light, likely because it makes it shootable. we should be safe for a while. The sad person seeem like bait to me. Cop we found earlyer was eaten. I doubt anyone kidnaped has enough mind or brain matter left intact to feel sad.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4932 on: September 03, 2015, 02:19:13 pm »

((@Paris - I did a re-read of recent conversations, and re-read our momentum discussion and... well, I was an idiot. I'm sorry. Your suggestion about simply maintaining momentum was much better, the mental visual of what would happen is far less jarring, it's consistent in way more situations, and it's just generally a better idea. so... sorry. Could Irine just maintain whatever momentum she has when she changes?))
Yeah, sure. But if your fire is completely extinguished for a long time during transformation (say, about a second, maybe a bit longer) then your pyrokinetic field fails and you die. And if there is something severely disturbing your fire, strong enough to mess with your pyrokinetic field (like, I dunno, trying to shape-change in a hurricane (although, now that I think about it, that would be a bad idea anyway, due to the large number of floating particles that could end up inside you and block some important blood vessel)), transformation might take longer, cause more discomfort or even some damage. Otherwise, it's as you requested, maintain momentum and try to shape-change in a way that you stay near your original position but without intersecting anything. That sounds good? Anything to add?

I reach over to Ike and grab his nearest hand in both of mine, and let him guide me wherever. My main focus is on my link! I continue to focus on it and care for it, helping it strengthen and grow as I can. I have a link again! I make sure to be gentle with it, and keep it close to me, and pay attention to whatever it needs. I have a link again!
"Hey, I'd be perfectly happy not to stir up shit between us again. I like things smooth. Do tell me to shut up next time though. I sometimes tend to forget myself, and then, well, you saw what happened. Very poorly handled on my part, and I'll try to do better in the future."

Privately, to River: <Of course, being that we can talk to each other wordlessly, feel free to tell me if you see something wrong in the future and if you want me to have your back on something. Communication, especially the telepathic sort, can ease things in a big way. Otherwise I tend to have no idea what you're on about, as you saw before.>

Head on back to the others! Reunited as one big happy family at last!
((Reunited and it feels so good))

Private back: <Maybe. But I wanted to get away from anyone who could be a problem before I said anything. I thought you would not be a problem, but others could be. And if I told you more and then you told the others... I did not know if I would speak to Irine or... I did not know what I would do. I just knew I had to get her away and stop her from causing more harm.>
<I just had to get away. I did not feel speech was needed. I thought you would trust me.>
<And you had told me you did not like me speaking like that to you. That you wanted me to 'talk without telepathy'. Because you say it is annoying.>

"You go ahead. I will follow in about an hour. The... healing has tired me. And I need some more time to-"

Alan abruptly pauses and tilts his head to better listen to the acoustics of suffering he has inflicted upon this plane of existence.

"This needs poking."

Summon either a megaphone or a big speaker hooked up to a microphone.

((PREPARE TO BLEEEEEEED

And the lyrics I posted are from an actual song yeah))
River's speech is interrupted by a :horrible sound: coming from somewhere nearby but echoing from all around, distorted as if playing through speakers, a sound that makes you want to tear out your ears.

"Hm. We should leave as soon as possible. You go ahead and stop that. I will follow once I have everything." he says as he quickly starts putting on his armour over his bandages.

Should you choose to go outside, you shall see that the sun has almost reached the horizon. The wind has become stronger as well. The approaching sandstorm has gotten closer, now visible to all as a thin line on the horizon. The camps are more active now, with people moving about, although you can't tell whether or not it's because of them preparing for the sandstorm or for what sounds like the apocalypse or at least the death throes of music.

((So, anything else you want to do or are we ready to leave?
And I like that song. But imagining Alan screaming like that in a giant loudspeaker just makes me cringe.))
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:21:57 pm by Parisbre56 »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4933 on: September 03, 2015, 02:28:25 pm »

((Sounds good to me. Thank you. Um, is the whole "create fire on far side of a wall, jump at it and change to reform on the other side of it" exploit viable?))
Same action as last turn - just absently holding Ike's hand and letting him guide me wheverever while I focus on my link!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4934 on: September 03, 2015, 02:31:07 pm »

((Sounds good to me. Thank you. Um, is the whole "create fire on far side of a wall, jump at it and change to reform on the other side of it" exploit viable?))
Depends on how fast you're going, how thick the wall is and whether or not the fire on the other side is either big enough or self-sustaining enough to not dissipate as you start transforming and going through the wall.
Pages: 1 ... 327 328 [329] 330 331 ... 521