Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1073778 times)

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Got to da choppa
« Reply #540 on: December 02, 2013, 01:50:18 pm »

((Does Zechariah hear what the entities say since he's unconscious?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 02, 2013, 01:50:28 pm »

"I also only question things that really matter, like shapeshifting lizard people, for instance. I've really abandoned any interest in the underlying workings of whatever we're doing, as it's only likely to bore and/or confuse me needlessly. Besides, I find the notion that the Soviet Union could ever dominate the world laughable. They were just so bad at governing things! That's why Germany won World War 2, for Pete's sake!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 02, 2013, 02:02:42 pm »

"I just can't ever tell what's bull and what's truth with you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 02, 2013, 02:10:04 pm »

"I also only question things that really matter, like shapeshifting lizard people, for instance. I've really abandoned any interest in the underlying workings of whatever we're doing, as it's only likely to bore and/or confuse me needlessly. Besides, I find the notion that the Soviet Union could ever dominate the world laughable. They were just so bad at governing things! That's why Germany won World War 2, for Pete's sake!"
((Wait. Germany beat the Soviet Union in his world? ...So many problems with that.
Short version: Oceania beats Luxembourg.))

"<Why are we doing this? Why does this matter?>"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 02, 2013, 02:24:10 pm »

(I imagine the Germans have laser mega cannons or similar. Besides, it may be conspiracy theory-ing. The Nazis secretly rule the world!)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 02, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »

"I just can't ever tell what's bull and what's truth with you."

"What, that didn't happen in your world? I can't really imagine it going any other way, to be honest - I mean, come on, the Russians lost the first war, the second one was just insult to injury. The Soviets were pretty much screwed from the get-go there, though it did seem a little close at first."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 02, 2013, 02:42:46 pm »

"Let's just say in my world, Soviets seemed promising but had a huge anticlimax. Though really a proper climax would have been a world-destroying nuclear war with America, so I guess an anticlimax is better."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 02, 2013, 02:47:59 pm »

((I so badly wanna join this conversation, but unfortunately Artemis is torturing Zechariah in his sleep at the moment.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 02, 2013, 03:50:02 pm »

(I imagine the Germans have laser mega cannons or similar.)
((Judging by RL!WWII, that wouldn't have helped much because the LMCs wouldn't have sufficient group troops to support them or something like that. German wunderwaften* under the Third Reich were rather...impractical. Why would these be different?))

*Warning: Terrible German!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 02, 2013, 03:54:04 pm »

WE GOT AWAY!
HAVE A CELEBRATE

Fire party hats everywhere in celebration regardless of whether we've gotten away or not.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 02, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »

to teammates: <So... all your worlds have similar histories? This is all new to me, I've been relying on my host a lot.>
((Irine's world never got out of the stone age, but due to her special status she understands the mechanics of how things work ((physics, chemistry, biology, etc)) really, really well. especially herself... or at least how her abilities are supposed to work. She doesn't know what happened to her and why her control is so messed up. That's a large part of why it bothers her so much, for the first time she doesn't fully understand how her body works anymore.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 02, 2013, 04:25:56 pm »

((Judging by RL!WWII, that wouldn't have helped much because the LMCs wouldn't have sufficient group troops to support them or something like that. German wunderwaften* under the Third Reich were rather...impractical. Why would these be different?))
(I dunno. It's the multiverse. It might turn out that in his universe Nazi Germany is actually Soviet Russia but all the names are wrong.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 02, 2013, 04:29:35 pm »

(I dunno. It's the multiverse. It might turn out that in his universe Nazi Germany is actually Soviet Russia but all the names are wrong.)

((You could just ask him about it. He'd certainly tell you all about it.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: December 02, 2013, 04:45:32 pm »

(Jordan said his piece already, though.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Who won that World War anyway?
« Reply #554 on: December 02, 2013, 06:19:30 pm »

((Does Zechariah hear what the entities say since he's unconscious?))
((Unfortunately, no. All this talk amuses me greatly and one more participant would surely help. One of your teammates can fill you in if and when they fix you.))

"Ugh...what's going on?"
Continue healing.
You can now see a black blur instead of a white blur and you can faintly hear the entity speaking through the speaker of the elevator, making out the words with difficulty. Improvement!

John sighed.  What did Angel expect would happen?  He just shook his head and did what he did best...
Summon a first aid kit.  Distribute contents to those who need it.
You summon a first aid kit and set about working on helping Zach. After undressing him
"Bowchickabowwow!... Oh, wait, he's underage. Stranger danger!"
and examining him, you quickly spot the problem. Turns out that running with a bullet in your leg with only a hasty bandage to stop the bleeding is a bad idea. He's lost a lot of blood and unfortunately, you lack the materials for a transfusion. The best you can hope for with your current equipment is a tourniquet to stop further bleeding. Otherwise that guy is going to bleed out soon...

You somehow manage to fumble and throw the tourniquet off the side of the elevator and into the shaft below. Great.

"I tend not to question stuff I see on the job or I'd become 'Jordan, questioner of things' rather then 'Jordan, assassin'. Off the job, on the other hand..."
"All work and no play make Jordan a very dull boy."
"But a very efficient boy too."

"Yeah, I know. I mean look at this facility. It's got important stuff in it, but they're moving most of the staff, guards and equipment out of here. What's the deal with that?"

"<Why are we doing this? Why does this matter?>"
"Your hosts are doing this because the Cause has decided to send them on this suicide mission and they obeyed. You are here because he decided you should help those guys for some reason. Probably has something to do with the fact that this is one of the universes he is trying to take over."
"Mind your tongue. They don't need to know about all that."
"I'm free to say whatever I want baby! And there ain't a thing you can do about that."

"What, that didn't happen in your world? I can't really imagine it going any other way, to be honest - I mean, come on, the Russians lost the first war, the second one was just insult to injury. The Soviets were pretty much screwed from the get-go there, though it did seem a little close at first."
"Wasn't that the one where the Nazis won with their army of undead creatures? The ones their occultists conjured?"
"No, no, you're mistaken. The world was overrun by zombies created by the Nazi's experiments and all hopes for salvation were left on the hands of four soldiers."
"No, that happened on Mars, not Earth and it was only one soldier."

WE GOT AWAY!
HAVE A CELEBRATE

Fire party hats everywhere in celebration regardless of whether we've gotten away or not.
You fire a couple of party hats around. Yay! Party hats!

You do realize you're wasting all that good luck you have accumulated right now by throwing party hats around, right?
Yes, I know it doesn't work like that.

((Now you've got the right idea. It's the multiverse. Anything can happen. Every distribution of matter and energy is possible, not to mention the laws of physics. You could take a trip to the candy dimension, where everything is candy or you could go to the smiley dimension where everyone is always smiling and everything has smiley faces drawn on it, even your blood cells.

Please don't make me take you there. I'd prefer to have more... reasonable settings. As much as magic can be reasonable. You can make a character from those places with no feeling of guilt though.))

"About two minutes left until we reach the next level."
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 521