Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064784 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5400 on: November 30, 2015, 09:04:17 am »

"Um... is... is there something in particular you would like?"
he led us to his painting room for a reason... i think.
"Is there something missing from your paintings?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5401 on: November 30, 2015, 08:08:57 pm »

Staging Area

Drink it. Drink it all.

((INB4 RIP me.))
It's... gah, it feels so warm and... there are chunks in it. Slimy chunks.
And it's not that strong. Perhaps if it had more alcohol, the burning sensation would be enough to remove that horrible taste from your mouth,
You feel like vomiting.

((I felt like vomiting while writing that. Either my imagination is strong or I am sick.))

"Do you mind telling me what exactly is happening, then?  Or pointing me to someone who will?"
"He's your guy if you want the boring version." the barman says, pointing you to the shadowman.
"Yes? What can I help you with?"

"I think dis a dream, n youer unrealz, ya hear? Yu tel meh what isagonna on, o Isa shootu! I died 3 times today, stillilives! Why!!!"
(Basically, he thinks he's in a dream, and he'll get violent if someone doesn't tell him why he's here. He also asked why he's still alive.)

Pull out my big gun, and shoot it to get everyone's attention.
You get on the table and spray your AK at the ceiling with one hand, making numerous large holes in the process.
"Everybody cool this is an interrogation! If I don't get an answer, I'm gonna execute every last fucking one of you!"
The fungi-band switches organs and starts playing something appropriate.

"What seems to be the problem?
You're in the games. As long as you're in the games, we won't let you die."

"You live! You die! You live again!"
"At least until you're out of the games. One way or another.
If you want to know why you were chosen on the other hand..."

"Hookay, this... What... Huh... What?"
"What the..."
You do your best imitation of parrots squawking "What" at each other.
"You could use a more diversified vocabulary friends. Perhaps you'd care to purchase some onomatopoeias? You could use exotic and distinctive phrases such as 'Waaak!' or 'Er...Bwah-ha-ha-hyuck' for only 0.99! Guaranteed to make you stand out in parties!"

"Huh?  Onitomapotos?  What is that, some kind of wonder drug?  And only 99 cents!?  I'll take one!"

Wish for a dollar to appear in my hand.  Purchase this incredible offer immediately.
"Excellent choice my dear friend! You won't regret taking this incredible offer! I guarantee it!"
"Disclaimer: The guarantee mention above is not an actual guarantee. Seller not responsible for any harm or benefit that comes as a result of this purchase. Extra charges may apply based on location, phase of the moon and horoscope."

The bartender reaches under the bar, retrieves a small number of pages bound by a staple and chucks it at you.
Hm. It's not exactly the kind of thing you were expecting. But it is certainly sufficiently random.
There's what looks like an http link scribbled in the back cover with a blue pen. That might be something interesting.

"Hello, Zero.  Hello, Galatea.  What can I do for you?"
_: It has been decided that you are eligible to initiate your final challenge. :
 : I will answer your inquiries and assess your response. That will influence my decision on allowing you to initiate your final challenge now. :
 : You are free to ask me anything you want. I in turn may ask questions of my own. :
 : There is no reason to lie during this process. However you are not obliged to tell the truth. :
 : If asked a question, feel free to attempt to answer as you desire despite what you may think I or anyone else wants, thinks or feels. :
 : You are also free to attempt to make yourself more comfortable for the duration of this conversation, by, for example, utilizing furniture or consuming food or beverages. :
 : Some information will be given to you during this conversation that is confidential. Refrain from providing that information to others, be they players, entities or other. I will notify you when such information is shared. :
 : There may also be knowledge given to you that, while not secret, it is not knowledge that should be shared liberally. For example, the existence and nature of final challenges, while not secret, is information you are discouraged from sharing. It is safe to assume that most of the information given to you during this conversation will belong to this category. Feel free to ask for clarifications on the matter. :
 : That is all. :

He remains unmoving, save for when he makes a gesture towards the armchairs and the nearby drink cabinet.

Galatea on the other hand listens to him for a few seconds before putting her cue stick on the table, walking away and sitting down on one of the armchairs.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 08:20:09 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5402 on: November 30, 2015, 08:10:37 pm »

Vomit.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5403 on: November 30, 2015, 08:13:06 pm »

"Well.  I'll get to the point.  What, exactly, am I here for, and why am I here for it?"
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5404 on: November 30, 2015, 08:40:18 pm »

John blinked.  Final?  Huh.

"Okay, well let's start with the obvious question: what is the final challenge?  What does it entail?  What do I get for winning... or losing?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5405 on: December 01, 2015, 12:54:36 am »

Adam glares at the unneeded interruption.
"Would you kindly put that weapon down, now? As... Eccentric as some of them appear to be, they should be perfectly happy to answer most of your questions."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5406 on: December 01, 2015, 05:39:43 am »

Actually, this is kinda fun!
Shoot more bullets! Full Spray!
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5407 on: December 01, 2015, 05:53:42 am »

Duck.

"Quaaaaack."
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 06:40:07 am by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5408 on: December 01, 2015, 06:36:55 am »

Actually, this is kinda fun!
Shoot more bullets! Full Spray!
Engage peacekeeping mode. Summon a ballista. Fire it at him. Repeatedly.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5409 on: December 01, 2015, 12:12:56 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"Well, we're not all chaos sorcerers. At least as far as I know. We've also got a guy who's half-asleep all the time, he can make crystals or something. Are you into mineralogy, perhaps? Crystals are the most magicky thing that exists, no?"

"Although we could paint you a picture or something. Maybe show you how to build an electric circuit or something? I mean, shit, I know a little bit about wiring. Not a lot, sure, but a little bit. And electricity is certainly magic."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5410 on: December 01, 2015, 12:16:30 pm »

I Sit in the lotus Position until something/Anything Happens.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5411 on: December 01, 2015, 12:34:39 pm »

Poke him.
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5412 on: December 01, 2015, 12:37:46 pm »

Poke him.

Punch em in the face.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5413 on: December 01, 2015, 11:28:50 pm »

Campaign

Fortunately Alan had done some (a miniscule amount) of thinking after the sunscreen incident.

Grab the hand of the elf and shove it down my throat, hoping she gets the message to grab the obstruction thing.

If this proves unproductive, spew fireworks everywhere in an attempt to catch the others' attention.

You grab the Terrevieve's hand for and shove it down your throat. The elf seems surprised enough to allow you to do that.
Unfortunately, your uncoordinated flailing results in you ramming the hand down your throat extremely hard, shoving the tiny can down further into your oesophagus. You instinctively swallow due to the discomfort, causing the can to go down further and into your stomach.
Oh dear. That can't be healthy. You can already feel the blood inside your oesophagus from where the can tore it. And it will probably get worse unless you get it out.
After about half a second of surprise, the elf is now looking at you with curiosity.
"AreYou trying tweetMe? ThatIs a pecUliar way tweet someOne."

"Um... is... is there something in particular you would like?"
"Not particularly. I usually trade with traders and travellers passing through and those tend to have either coin or goods to give me in exchange for my food, my supplies and my magic. But you are unlike them, so it appears we will have to improvise something different."
he led us to his painting room for a reason... i think.
"Is there something missing from your paintings?"
The man looks thoughtful. He begins speaking mostly to himself.
"Hmm... No, I don't think so. I suppose I could draw you and the others in your group that have characteristics similar to those of Beastmen. They are hard to find alive around here and even harder to have them pose for you. A couple of paintings for my personal collection and a few measurements I could sell could be something I could trade for... but I'm not sure who would buy those measurements now that the Tower is gone. And I don't know how I would feel with paintings of Beastmen in my home. I've done some work from memory, but those were... I guess it would depend on how the images turn out. If I don't like them being here, I suppose I would have to sell them. But finding someone interested in that sort of painting might be hard. I'm not sure if it would be worth it."

He looks up at you and continues more loudly.
"Besides, I find myself more interested in light and time lately. On how the world changes as time passes. I try to work quickly, to capture that moment where the world is in a certain way, where the light 'plays' with my subject. And then do it again, with the same subject but in a different manner. I mean, here, take a look at this."
He opens a chest with some grey seals on it and removes a few canvases in it from their protective covers. He arranges them resting on the wall below a window and then removes the rag covering the top of the small column near the window, revealing another painting there.
"That is my latest work."
The paintings show a view framed by the window. Each is different, yet the same. Sun's rays painting the sky with uneven light and shadow as they emerge from behind the eastern mountains. A fire in the night, barely illuminating its surroundings, some objects visible as shadowy outlines. A feminine form standing close to the window, its features partially obscured by shadows while the shadowy forms of an adult and a child run outside. The gigantic clouds of an approaching sandstorm, painted red by the setting sun, the latest painting.
"This is what I was talking about. In this one I was mostly working with the surrounding nature and circumstances."
Some features seem slightly exaggerated or distorted. The branches of a tree in one picture are intricate and weaving and full of green leaves, the glare of the flames in another seems brighter than it should be... Colours appear to have been blended with repeated strokes on the canvas, creating small areas where the colour is the same. It is hardly realistic, but it manages to capture that beauty of light and colour and abstract shape, the beauty you would find in a cloudy sunset or the ever-changing light of a fire.
"I used to visit the City when I wanted a scene of light with more man-made objects and a bit more planning, but I suppose that is not an option for me anymore. I could paint the scenes of destruction.That would be an interesting subject. But I do not think going there myself would be worth the risk of getting hurt. ... Or the risk of staying there."

Campaign, Ike!

"Well, we're not all chaos sorcerers. At least as far as I know. We've also got a guy who's half-asleep all the time, he can make crystals or something. Are you into mineralogy, perhaps? Crystals are the most magicky thing that exists, no?"

"Although we could paint you a picture or something. Maybe show you how to build an electric circuit or something? I mean, shit, I know a little bit about wiring. Not a lot, sure, but a little bit. And electricity is certainly magic."

"Hm. Maybe I could use them for decorations or enchantments. I wouldn't say no to a sample. If it's good, then certainly. Wait, you don't mean elemental focus crystals? If he could produce those, that would be preposterous."

"I suppose you could paint something for me. But it is a rather unsafe endeavour, don't you think? No offence to your artistic skills, but what if I end up not liking it, not because it's bad but because it does not fit to my tastes? If I can't sell it, then you would have wasted expensive colours and both our times."

"Circuit? Like in chariot racing? And electricity...? Oh, you mean lightning? That's combined element magic, primarily Air. I'm afraid I don't have any use for that. I might be able to sell the notes to someone in the east, if they're interesting, but I wouldn't count on it."

There is some yelling downstairs, although it stops a moment later. A few seconds after that, River arrives from the stairs with the rest, minus Alan.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5414 on: December 01, 2015, 11:59:48 pm »

"Electricity's very useful, it can make light, heat things, make music, make things move, and... hurt people. No magic involved, just physics.

There are lots of useful practical things I could teach you that my world has that yours doesn't. Chariots powered by contained explosions, that move on their own faster than any horse. Or how about guns, which use a contained explosion to shoot a tiny piece of metal much faster than any bow. Airplanes are great too, they're machines with wings that fly like birds. Most things in my world are powered by explosions or lightning, which is actually really badass when you think about it."

Nikolai remembers his broken hand and wonders if the general noticed.

Edit:
Just before we encountered the legionaries I posted an action to pick up any spare comwires lying around, since it was never actually said how many River made. I doubt there were any more than necessary, but it's worth a check. A couple of those would make a damn good trade good.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 12:28:03 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 359 360 [361] 362 363 ... 521