Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076462 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5445 on: December 06, 2015, 01:13:18 am »

Nik looks rather skeptically at Irene. "You sure you want to be harassed? Nothing wrong bit of dishonesty if its for the right reasons, like not being harassed."

He talks again to the General.
"Ethanol is just moonshine, exactly like the stuff I gave you. Good for a lot more than just drinking! Petrol is an oily liquid that they pump up from the ground. It needs some refining to use. Both burn nice."

"I'd need something to draw on to explain how any of this stuff actually works. Or is painting Firefox enough?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: December 06, 2015, 01:21:04 am »

Nik looks rather skeptically at Irene. "You sure you want to be harassed? Nothing wrong bit of dishonesty if its for the right reasons, like not being harassed."
"No... I'm not. But I wish I were, so I'm pretending I am."
EDIT:quote added to clarify context
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 02:17:20 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5447 on: December 06, 2015, 08:58:13 pm »

((Just a quick one to keep things moving.))

Campaign

((It appears that you'll stay here then, so I'm probably going to skip ahead for about a day or two in-game time when you're done with everything you feel like doing right now, unless something causes an interrupt. You can think about any actions or general behaviour guidelines you might want to have for that time, if you want.))

Alan hears River saying everything else but he really only registers the word 'tired'.

He knows how to fix River's tiredness.

Alan help.

"R*gpthluph*ed Bull gibs oo 'ings!"

He can't talk very well around all the blood in his mouth but his enthusiasm is apparent, seemingly having forgotten momentarily about his bleeding esophagus.

This problematic situation where River is seriously contemplating killing me was caused directly by Red Bull, so clearly summoning a gigantic can of Red Bull will fix it!

((If that one theory from a while back was right and River is really the impostor in disguise I'll probably eventually get him to blow his cover via sheer annoyance at this rate.))
You summon a giant can of Red Bull that completely blocks the stairwell, thus isolating you from River and Ike.
Yep. You still got it.

At least the bleeding doesn't feel that bad. Maybe you won't die immediately.

"A decent point, River. My rebuttal: infinite free food and water. Besides, not like you're making yourself particularly useful any other way. Don't need strength to grumble, do you?" Ike says with unquenchable positivity.

If this convinces River (well, either that or the giant can of Red Bull), go back inside. If not, remain here.
"You are the ones that need that. His food and water. Not me. I can find my own. You need him. You help him. I am not your servant."
Hm. Tough sell. Probably going to take more than that or maybe something else.

"Probably so, but what someone does when things are easy isn't what is important. Anyway, um, I have one other form than these two, changing fully into my fox-self. So... Um... Since now you know I'm serious, um, is it an acceptable exchange?"

He talks again to the General.
"Ethanol is just moonshine, exactly like the stuff I gave you. Good for a lot more than just drinking! Petrol is an oily liquid that they pump up from the ground. It needs some refining to use. Both burn nice."

"I'd need something to draw on to explain how any of this stuff actually works. Or is painting Firefox enough?"

"No... I'm not. But I wish I were, so I'm pretending I am."
EDIT:quote added to clarify context
"Hm. I understand that, even though I might not fully agree. Maybe a lie might be better if it ends up in less people getting hurt.
But who knows. Maybe it will turn out well. Seeing beastmen walking around in scout armour might be enough to confuse people."

"But anyway, yes, that is an acceptable exchange. Share your stories, your drink and your beauty with me, help around the house with the repairs and I'll share with you my food, my water and my home, give you this map and answer your questions as best as I can."

<See? I told you there's bound to be at least some cool people around here. Granted, he does have a way of looking at the world, he seems to severely dislike Alan (I really don't see why) and he might have some weird secret but he seems like a nice guy, at least with you. Who knows? Maybe he's into you.>
« Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 09:03:21 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: December 06, 2015, 09:12:52 pm »

"Hmm. Guess I'll have to get someone to drink this for me so I can get it out of the way.
...elf!"

Go get the elf and boost her up to the top of the can so she can drink the Red Bull for me. Maybe ask if she has healing powers too.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: December 07, 2015, 04:20:25 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Your allergy to providing anything of any value saves us yet again, River! Keep up the good work!" Ike congratulates the fine fellow.

How giant is this giant can of Red Bull? And could I puncture it with my sword and have a drink?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: December 07, 2015, 08:33:27 am »

Try to stay know what's happening up there with fireworks. Keep being happy, come closer to fun naked friend.
"Hello, fun naked friend. How are you doing?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: December 08, 2015, 05:22:50 pm »

I blush slightly when he says beauty.

"Thank you. Um, shall we get started? What do you want me to do and what do you know about that area of bad things our opponent has probably hidden in?"

Am okay with time skip though am curious about the reaction of the human female downstairs to this turn of events.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: December 10, 2015, 03:12:14 am »

Nikolai comms to the entire team.
<The General agreed to give us the map and let us stay here while he draws Irene.>
After a bit of hesitation he says <Or we could mug him and get going already. But I don't think we should do that.>

He comms to River.
<Can you fix my hand any time soon?>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: December 10, 2015, 09:11:28 am »

((I'll assume Theri is with Irine! Inconspicuously?...Thanks Lenglon and the rest for covering deeply for me ._. and especially Parisbre. Thanks GM for running awesomeness! :D))

[...Oh dear, Theri realizes that whatever position she is, she has to have been in the vicinity of NPCs! Erh, will edit when I get my bearings.]
Spoiler: snipped out (click to show/hide)

((Wait, found where I was! As far as I know, I did not get comms. But I think I got them from River due to recent events o-o))
Noticing Alan's actions, and lacking awareness of everything else, Theri was bothered on the general coordination or cooperation--River seemed a tad bit irate. She moved closer to him.

"I've been silent for the longest time and...I've been wondering if I could help you in any way. I...didn't act much on aiding the rest--and I can't do rapid mending, but if anyone needs medical aid, I can act as a medical aid. Is there anything the others need taken care of, River?"

Try to make River feel better and less annoyed!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5454 on: December 10, 2015, 11:42:12 pm »

((This is a reminder that I will be busy until Christmas. I'll try to continue making turns in the meantime, but I make no guarantees for quantity or quality.))

Team A, WMD

"Ah, the hell with it. I need a drink. Better have one ready when this is through."

Do the ritual thing.
You grab the knife. It feels oddly warm in your hand.
You consider what you are about to do for a second before using it on what's left of your other arm, cutting a thin gash.
The warmth of the knife spreads inside your wound and throughout your body, just as your blood spreads through the grooves in the knife, clinging to the strange symbols on it. The warmth continues spreading from the wound, reaching your hand and then your head, causing you to relax and feel less tired.
The knife is engulfed by flames and in your surprise you drop it. It disappears a second later.
<Parasitic influence detected. Implementing quarantine...>
The blue glass in your interface is gone. In it's place, only an empty socket of silvery metal is left.

"It is done. Now you are with us.
One of us. Until death. And beyond.
The beginning of our compensation. For the damage you caused.
You may come.
Eline. Open the portal."

A hole in reality appears in the doorway on your left that until recently only lead to empty space. Now the door leads to a dusty room with wooden doors, lit by rays of light escaping through barricaded windows and small holes on the floor.

Also, someone is shouting at you from above, asking to know how you are doing. Or, to be precise, he appears to be talking to his "fun naked friend".

Try to stay know what's happening up there with fireworks. Keep being happy, come closer to fun naked friend.
"Hello, fun naked friend. How are you doing?"
Big explosions? You don't need superpowers to know what's going on. When things are exploding, it's 90% a player character's doing.
As for coming close to your new friend, you'd have to jump to do that. You could make the jump, but failing it would mean a big drop to to the clouds below. Speaking of which...

((Clearly, there is only one way to survive.))

Kosak realized that his death was oncoming. But perhaps he could still live. Or even better...

Kosak used the "interface" to send a telepathic message to his teammates:

<I really do need a drink. Anyway... ARMOK!!!>

Kosak activates Cave-In Meteor. Target- a random direction(hopefully one he intuits booze is in). ARMOK ensues.
...here's an action that is very likely to not end well.

You jump as hard as your injured legs will let you in a random direction. Unfortunately, they can't get you very far. You tumble through the air, smash against a wall, ricochet off it and through the hole in the wall. And then you fall.
You fall and you tumble through the air.
You fall until every reference point around you disappears, until everything is the same clouds everywhere.
And then you keep falling.
You fall until you mercifully lose consciousness from the blood loss and everything turns to darkness.

Remind me to respawn you in the Staging Area if I forget.

Team A
"We're going to be stuck here for awhile if this doesn't get resolved soon. Would you be willing to let me into your mind so we can make sure you're telling the truth? If not, I might have to force my way in."
If allowed carefully check her mind, otherwise start working on getting in forcefully.
((its been so long since I've tried to get into a mind I forgot I could use it for anything but figuring out where people are.))
Both of them look at you. Joanna looks... angry for some reason? No wait, she looks surprised. But she feels angry. Kinda confusing when you have multiple senses telling you different things. Both of them look surprised, although probably for different reasons.
"I-I can't let you into my mind."
"You can and you will!"
"No! I literally can't! It's just the way it works."
"I don't care! Try, damn it!"
"..."
"A-allright. I'll try."

The woman closes her eyes and tries to slow her breathing, although the occasional sob interrupts her.
An amorphous mass of psychic energy appears in place of the void that until recently occupied the woman's head. You touch it and try to interface with it, understand it, work your way inside it. It shies away from your touch, but it doesn't vanish. Soon, with a bit of work, you have gained access and have began working on understanding it.

It is a hard process. Everything is too... blurry. Not very well defined. Like watching an old and degraded videotape or a television with bad reception. You manage to work your way through the problem and towards the subject that interests you. From the looks of it, it must be OK. You sense that she is telling the truth the safety of taking the portal. And that even though she's very scared, it doesn't look like she's making any particularly malicious thoughts or plans about you.

The connection is blurry. There might be some detail you're missing. And it's hard to get an overall picture about who she is. But it looks safe.

Campaign

"Hmm. Guess I'll have to get someone to drink this for me so I can get it out of the way.
...elf!"

Go get the elf and boost her up to the top of the can so she can drink the Red Bull for me. Maybe ask if she has healing powers too.
If you or anyone else could reach the top of the can, then it wouldn't have completely blocked the stairs, now would it?

Campaign, Ike!

"Your allergy to providing anything of any value saves us yet again, River! Keep up the good work!" Ike congratulates the fine fellow.

How giant is this giant can of Red Bull? And could I puncture it with my sword and have a drink?
River just growls something at you.

It's bigger than you. Imagine a relatively spacious spiral staircase. Now imagine a can big enough to block it completely. So it's gotta be about... 3 metres?

You could stab it, yes. The question is, would you want to?

I blush slightly when he says beauty.

"Thank you. Um, shall we get started? What do you want me to do and what do you know about that area of bad things our opponent has probably hidden in?"

Am okay with time skip though am curious about the reaction of the human female downstairs to this turn of events.
"Well... give me some time to organize the others in your group, see if they can handle some of the more immediate repairs. If they can't then I'll have to ensure those get finished first. I also have to... do something for me. And inform the others here about our arrangement. Then we can talk and I can think and prepare for our work together."
As he talks, he lights a small fire with a muttered spell takes a few leaves and begins heating them in a small container with a curved top, like a mini distiller.
((Sorry. Can't really think right now. I'll probably give you a better answer later.))

It's probably not going to be very nice.

Nikolai comms to the entire team.
<The General agreed to give us the map and let us stay here while he draws Irene.>
After a bit of hesitation he says <Or we could mug him and get going already. But I don't think we should do that.>

He comms to River.
<Can you fix my hand any time soon?>
<No. You hurt it. You fix it, if you want it soon. Otherwise, you wait.>
There is silence for a few seconds. Then River speaks again, this time sounding less angry.
<Come here. I will have a look at it. Maybe there is something I can do.>

((I'll assume Theri is with Irine! Inconspicuously?...Thanks Lenglon and the rest for covering deeply for me ._. and especially Parisbre. Thanks GM for running awesomeness! :D))

[...Oh dear, Theri realizes that whatever position she is, she has to have been in the vicinity of NPCs! Erh, will edit when I get my bearings.]
Spoiler: snipped out (click to show/hide)

((Wait, found where I was! As far as I know, I did not get comms. But I think I got them from River due to recent events o-o))
Noticing Alan's actions, and lacking awareness of everything else, Theri was bothered on the general coordination or cooperation--River seemed a tad bit irate. She moved closer to him.

"I've been silent for the longest time and...I've been wondering if I could help you in any way. I...didn't act much on aiding the rest--and I can't do rapid mending, but if anyone needs medical aid, I can act as a medical aid. Is there anything the others need taken care of, River?"

Try to make River feel better and less annoyed!

You grab River by the shoulder and rub it a bit in a friendly manner as you ask your question. He visibly relaxes as you do so and exhales audibly.
"Thank you. They keep getting hurt. They do not understand healing is not easy."
"It is good to have someone who helps me."

He lifts the giant can Alan summoned out of the way to allow the two of you to get to him and examine his injuries.

To save time, after examination and with River's help you discover the following.
Alan: minor bleeding in the oesophagus.
Nikolai: fractured palm, pain and loss of sensation at tip of fingers of same hand, darker colouration of tip of fingers of the same hand. River says it's infected. He keeps staring at Nikolai and his hand.

I don't really know how those things are supposed to be treated beyond "go to a hospital" and I don't have time to research. If you don't know either and it comes down to it, I'll probably just do a medic roll with some bonuses and keep it vague. Unless you decide to use magic or ask River to help.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 05:45:46 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: December 10, 2015, 11:50:57 pm »

"We should bring up the can to the guy doing painting stuff to the pyromaniac fox girl. He needs to know that it's a good substance! It'll help him paint better.

Well, it's either that or I wanna drink it and I don't think that'd be a super idea to do.
I'm sure it can't have any negative consequences, know what I'm saying?"

If I can get to the top of the can with it being moved, do so and try to open and drink it. If not, wheedle at Ike to help me move it so I can get at it until he acquiesces.

Be reasonably cooperative with my medical treatment.

((No problem dude, we're all having fun here probably. Except for River, who I half expect to try to shank Rhymerer when we get back.))
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: December 11, 2015, 12:35:16 am »

Fun fact: The can weighs nearly 7000 pounds.

"Thanks. I owe you one."
Get healed.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: December 11, 2015, 12:40:29 am »

((That says scary things about how strong River is. Maybe I shouldn't be irritating him as much as I am.
Nah, it'll be fine :P))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5458 on: December 11, 2015, 05:35:25 am »

Fun fact: The can weighs nearly 7000 pounds.
Heh, maybe I should remind people River can probably crush people's heads more often. Because really, that's how the bonuses work, at least for some stats. At +2 strength and a 6, you'd have no  problem lifting a car loaded with heavy objects for a few seconds. Not throw it, but probably move it out of the way or drop it on someone from an overpass. At 5 and with a light empty car, they could probably throw it a bit.

That's a big advantage strength-using characters have over non-strength-using ones. A strong character with a good weapon could tear almost everything apart. I mean, look at salsacookies' character. He's so reality-bending-ly strong he can level large buildings with a good roll. Pure dex characters on the other hand rely mostly on the strength of their weapon, because even if they're really accurate and get a critical hit, their weapon can still do only so much damage.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: December 11, 2015, 06:42:26 am »

Help Alan with his bleeding through the vaunted magic of Red Bull.

Maybe consider how exactly one would address bleeding in the esophagus in the meantime, as I really don't want to stick my hand down his throat.
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 521