Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076800 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Map Time
« Reply #5685 on: February 05, 2016, 08:10:57 am »

"W-why did ...I... I... I'll stay. I... We... I'll stay."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5686 on: February 05, 2016, 01:28:31 pm »

"Oh, okay. Sounds good. Just gimme a second here and I'll go deal with it. You've no idea how much these fellas need help just talking to folks sometimes."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5687 on: February 06, 2016, 05:48:11 am »

((Been sick. Haven't had much mental energy due to it.))

Zechariah stood up when the general entered. He grew worried at learning that their friends had been found and were in trouble. He was still ambivalent, however. From what he had seen, his powers with the shadows were far better than his crystal powers right now. For some reason, it took a lot of effort to create even the smallest shard. Perhaps the new staff came with a different balance of power. Or, maybe, Zechariah was too unbalanced himself, and was lending more energy to his negative side. At any rate, he didn't trust himself to work well in the open. If he wanted to utilize his powers well, he would have to do it on favorable terms.

Therefore, as much as he wanted to go out and help the others, he had to stay. He would be more of a liability if he couldn't trust himself to fight well with natural light.

"I'm staying also," Zechariah stated. "I can't really.. trust my powers right now. At least, in the open. In here I might be able to protect people."
He sat back against the wall and sighed.

And, of course, Zechariah Dimikaelo plays the part of vague support extraordinaire, he thought to himself. Let's see in what amazing fashion Zechariah makes himself useful in now!

Stay.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5688 on: February 06, 2016, 10:28:18 am »

"I'll...stay too."

Theri shifted her gaze from the path leading outside, to the room they were in. She could easily help the people here if magic wasn't an option using her skills, and she bet she could communicate with River easily just as well.

She blinked and noticed something as her mental ear passed over what she heard.

"Um, you know they attacked the soldiers or...did I misunderstand something?"

Stay...and inquire.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5689 on: February 08, 2016, 11:48:06 pm »

Campaign

As soon as I hear Ike's warning, go with my original plan to escape, which is as quickly as possible tsar my commwire while shrinking my armour and psychic attack again really really fucking loud. If I'm quick enough and lucky enough it might just make them fumble. Plus the shrinking of the armour might actually cause the sword to slip.

Scramble to get up and attack whoever is near me with whatever I can get my hands on while still psychic screaming.

You take half a moment to form a plan and then try to muster whatever adrenaline you have left to act quickly. You need to time everything perfect if you want to survive. You need to deflate your armour just as you dodge  Unfortunately, your timing is way off and it takes a moment for you to start moving out of the way. Luckily the sword pressing down on you as you roll away only grazes you, even though it happens to lie exactly where your armour has been damaged the most. While they are a bit surprised, the soldiers quickly move against you, even as you fail to find the inner power needed to use your ability.

Not wasting time to go for their swords, the soldiers instead opt to attack you as soon as possible. One of them tackles you, restraining you and preventing you from attacking or defending yourself, while another one bashes you to the head with the shield he was holding, your armour not offering much protection from the blow. In the blurriness that follows, you desperately try to tsar your commwire again. You succeed just as a blade makes its way through your brain.

Campaign, Ike!

"Woop woop, assholes!"

It's Other Wizard's turn! Give him a good swording. Strike like an atomic cobra and all that.

Possibly have retroactively warned Nikolai? He will have been warned. Somehow.

((When the Ike comes all I hear is "woopwoop! woop!"))

Okay then, we have some retconnecting here, but none of it affects you. Nikolai gets warned, gets out of his armour and gets stabbed as described above. The soldiers still spot you, you still stab that guy in the face and things turn out exactly the same for you, because those were the rolls you made, Nikolai's fight didn't really affect them. Thankfully (for me) he rolled low will for that psychic scream, so while you (and presumably everyone else close to him) do hear it, it's nothing more than the final thoughts of a dying man, his immense desire to not die fading out and becoming incoherent as his life ends.

You extract your knife from the dead mage's face, get out your sword and charge the second mage. A soldier tries to stop you but  you easily avoid him. The mage desperately tries to do some sort of magic, but he doesn't manage to do anything in the moments it takes for you to reach him. You pull your sword back and then force it down with all your strength. At the last second a soldier puts himself between you and the mage, blocking your strike with his shield. You force his shield back, graze his eyebrow with your sword and then watch him fall backwards and on the mage from the force of your blow. But you don't have time to strike again, because you can already hear the other soldiers coming for you. You duck below one blow without looking, bringing your sword around to deter your would be killer. He takes a step back to avoid your slash. Another sword strike. This one you have no time to dodge, so you can only raise your sword to block it. You stand there for a moment with your blades locked, both of you trying to push each other back and neither succeeding. The soldier raises his shield aggressively while his comrades start getting ready for another strike.

"They're fighting, you say? Then allow me to prove my amazingness."

I forget, can I charge up things to make them more potent before summoning them? I think I did something like that with my Chaos Dunk.

If so, charge up an enormous can of Silly String via standing in place and grunting excessively.

You do your best imitation of a clogged vacuum cleaner as you call the forces of chaos to your aid.

"Oh, okay. Sounds good. Just gimme a second here and I'll go deal with it. You've no idea how much these fellas need help just talking to folks sometimes."
The general gives you a look like he's imagining gouging out your eyes with his bare hands. Hmm... Now that you think about it, a lot of people have been giving you that murderous look lately.

"I'll...stay too."

Theri shifted her gaze from the path leading outside, to the room they were in. She could easily help the people here if magic wasn't an option using her skills, and she bet she could communicate with River easily just as well.

She blinked and noticed something as her mental ear passed over what she heard.

"Um, you know they attacked the soldiers or...did I misunderstand something?"

Stay...and inquire.
"W-why did ...I... I... I'll stay. I... We... I'll stay."
"I was waiting for the soldiers to arrive. When they did not arrive and I heard strange noises in the wind, I looked out of one of the windows at the top of the tower. They are fighting somewhere in the north-east. I see no reason for them to be there fighting if they did not wish to attack the soldiers. If they wanted to hide, they would had fled, they would not had run straight towards the soldiers! Even if they did it out of stupidity instead of malice, their actions are still going to get them and others killed for no good reason! They frustrate me so much, I- I just want to go out there and put a stop to their evil myself!"

((Been sick. Haven't had much mental energy due to it.))

Zechariah stood up when the general entered. He grew worried at learning that their friends had been found and were in trouble. He was still ambivalent, however. From what he had seen, his powers with the shadows were far better than his crystal powers right now. For some reason, it took a lot of effort to create even the smallest shard. Perhaps the new staff came with a different balance of power. Or, maybe, Zechariah was too unbalanced himself, and was lending more energy to his negative side. At any rate, he didn't trust himself to work well in the open. If he wanted to utilize his powers well, he would have to do it on favorable terms.

Therefore, as much as he wanted to go out and help the others, he had to stay. He would be more of a liability if he couldn't trust himself to fight well with natural light.

"I'm staying also," Zechariah stated. "I can't really.. trust my powers right now. At least, in the open. In here I might be able to protect people."
He sat back against the wall and sighed.

And, of course, Zechariah Dimikaelo plays the part of vague support extraordinaire, he thought to himself. Let's see in what amazing fashion Zechariah makes himself useful in now!

Stay.
The general looks down, closes his eyes and uses his ungloved hand to rub his eyes and hide his face.
"Then... if you wish to stay, you should probably head deeper into the fortress. I won't be able to lie about you now. Or..."
He opens his eyes, looks at all of you again and shakes his head.
"Maybe it would be better for everyone if you just left. I'll unseal a tunnel leading outside, away from here. Then you can go away."

OOC
Sorry for not posting earlier. Had some family visiting from the US, so I wanted to spend some time with them.

Anyway, I was going to do other missions today as well, but there was a surprising number of thinking and rolls in this turn, despite its shortness. Combat is like that sometimes, especially when it involves melee instead of shooting or magic. I'll try to get the rest done tomorrow morning.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 11:59:22 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5690 on: February 09, 2016, 12:02:29 am »

"Alrighty, that should do it."

Hand the kid Professor Alan.

"Hey, take care of this guy for me, alright? Take him on adventures and stuff. As for me..."

Alan dons a vaguely inspiring/highly terrifying expression depending on how well you know him. 

"I'm going to go use the fine art of diplomacy."

March confidently out of the basement and toward wherever the fighting is. Go look for soldiers or whatever. Obtain target!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5691 on: February 09, 2016, 12:28:26 am »

Ah. Well, RIP. Really should have payed more attention to the direction we were going.

Good luck Ike.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5692 on: February 09, 2016, 03:59:50 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Aw, dammit. And here I was hoping to be the big damn hero again."

Weave away and see if I can't knife the downed shieldbearer in the throat during my retreat. Otherwise be on the defensive for now. Pay attention to my surroundings as I try to dodge.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5693 on: February 09, 2016, 08:10:37 am »

"G-General Linus, sir, We still need a copy of your map to guide us. That's why we're still here, remember?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5694 on: February 09, 2016, 09:29:19 am »

((Based on the vote count, we need a challenge that is both a Large Dangerous Arena and a Wacky Death Race!))
((...))
((Maybe. Just a suggestion.))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5695 on: February 09, 2016, 09:35:44 am »

((Based on the vote count, we need a challenge that is both a Large Dangerous Arena and a Wacky Death Race!))
((...))
((Maybe. Just a suggestion.))
(+1. Twisted Metal Style!)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5696 on: February 09, 2016, 09:38:20 am »

(Actually, the arena, campaign, and race are tied. I think that means World's Deadliest Roadtrip!)
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5697 on: February 09, 2016, 09:38:27 am »

((Large Dangerous Wacky Galactic Death Arena Race.))
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5698 on: February 09, 2016, 09:41:47 am »

((Large Dangerous Wacky Galactic Death Arena Race.))
((This must be a thing... racing using spaceships, to start with...))
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5699 on: February 09, 2016, 10:05:03 am »

((Wacky Death Race?  In my Special People?

It's more likely than you think.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 378 379 [380] 381 382 ... 521