Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1075738 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Xantalos was right
« Reply #600 on: December 05, 2013, 08:54:50 am »

((One example does not a principal make. If it did, I could prove that Pol Pot's victims were horrible people, slaves lived in decent conditions, and--yes--that Nazis were good.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #601 on: December 05, 2013, 06:48:37 pm »

((One example does not a principal make. If it did, I could prove that Pol Pot's victims were horrible people, slaves lived in decent conditions, and--yes--that Nazis were good.))
((Are you questioning Xantalos' luck accumulating properties? That's preposterous! That makes me so mad, I'm going to curse you with my voodoo dolls so that aliens will come to abduct you. I just need you to tell me what sign you were born under so I can contact the appropriate demon with my druidic ritual that I got from a time traveling Elvis.)) That was a joke, in case somebody misunderstood. I'm not threatening to unleash my supernatural powers on anyone.

GreatWyrmGold
((I had an action...))
Keep healing. Try to get my sight and hearing back or, failing that, find someone big to lead me in the right direction.
((Thankfully, it was pretty much what you had me do.))
Stand up, finish healing. Try to stay out of the line of fire.
((Whoops. Angel is blind but I'm the one not seeing things...))

Speaking of blindness, you're almost OK. You're still a bit sensitive in your upper body and maybe your eyesight is not a perfect 10/10, but you should be able to function normally. If you keep your current powers, even those minor injuries that remain should be healed in a couple of minutes.

You get up and look at the two groups in the hallway beyond, unsure of where to go. John and Alan are heading for the Biolabs, while the others are sort of standing around, looking almost as confused as you. The second group will probably head to the Energetic Materials Testing soon. Probably.

DarkArtemisFowl & Lenglon
[...]
Wake up, lest Artemis torture me more.
Rejoice for thou hast been lucky enough to wake up.
Well, actually, that depends on your definition of luck.
If you are an RTD player who wants to do stuff, then yes, you are lucky. If you are a human being that has just woken up feeling like shit, then perhaps being tortured in a dreamland is preferable to being awake and suffering the pains of the flesh.

In short, your everything hurts, especially your head and bullet wound, you feel weak, your thoughts are slow, you're having trouble concentrating and you've lost so much blood you're very likely to be killed by a paper cut. But hey, you're alive!
To Teammates: <I'll guard our wounded, call for me if you need backup and I'll come running.>
Remain beside Angel and Zach, torch anyone that tries to attack us.
Angel stands up from besides you and makes her way to the elevator door, stumbling a bit along the way and looks around. She seems to have healed almost completely.
"Oh, you're staying back?" the entity says through the speaker. "Good thinking, that guy won't survive facing an enemy alone. And you can ask me all those questions you seem to love. Not that I don't enjoy it. You're a good one, I can see why-"
The entity pauses as Zach stirs.
"Oh, look! The mighty hero has awoken along with his 1HP. Welcome back to the land of the conscious."
"I liked him. He might not be the best at what he does, but he is a true hero! He tries to do what's right for his friends!"

Toaster & Xantalos
John stood up.  "There's three of us down, that leaves five.  Alan, you and I are best armed.  How about we go left and you other three go right?"

Assuming no objections, grab Alan and go Left to Biolabs.  Go in and shoot opposition.  Use breaching charge if door is locked.
ALL RIGHT!

Go shoot the bad people with the guy.
John approaches the door to the Biolabs and gets ready, Alan following behind him while screaming his agreement.
They enter the code they got from the Director to the keypad and the door opens. "Welcome, Director Kuznetsov! Please enjoy your stay and remember to observe all safety guidelines."
Beyond lies an elevator platform and beyond that you can see an enormous concrete room, comparable to an aircraft hangar or large warehouse in size. Below you, you can see interlocking rooms made of plastic dividers, the large space re-purposed to become a honeycomb made up of isolated rooms, perfect for keeping whatever happens in each room contained.
"Your target is a storage area. Very close, surprisingly, only about 5 rooms away. It's the one linked to that large circular one. It should be a very straightforward route. Just push the down button when you're ready. The elevator should take you to decontamination."

Harry Baldman
Huh. Well, climb on down and get out of the elevator. Survey the area with sight, then hearing, then sense of smell.
The hallway doesn't have any secret passages or hidden monsters or anything like that, at least none that you can sense. There are various metal doors around here, a few of those omnipresent wooden boxes and the two elevators facing each other. The other elevator has a light turned on to indicate that it's going down. All of the doors have a keypad and a keycard reader beside them. Strangely, the doors lack labels. Wonder what happens when someone is new at their job here. They must get lost all the time.
Some of the doors close airtight so you can't sense what's behind them, at least not with any measure of reliability. The ones that don't close airtight, reveal a large communal bedroom, some offices, a rec room and a storage area, all of them devoid of life. All of the rooms are in various stages of being emptied of most of their contents, leaving them with the bare essentials or not even that.
You can hear the buzzing of the ventilation system and the female voice that is repeating the same message again and again from the speakers.
You can smell some human smells, antiseptic, various chemicals and a smell of gunpowder and fire (although that's probably from your clothes). And then there's something... different. Its smell is vaguely familiar but it's very faint and you can't quite place it.

scapheap & Fniff
Quote from: autoaction
Stand near the door to the Energetic Materials Testing.
You stand there, getting ready.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:04 pm »

Zechariah blacked out for the last time in his dreams, and reentered the world of the conscious. Well, mostly. Again, everything hurt - from head to toe. He also felt faint and probably did not have much energy to walk, much less bend the powers of the shadows and the light to his will.

Even through all this pain, it was still better than his unconscious. The dreams had hurt him on an emotional level, particularly because he was worried about the other Guardians and Mediums - a certain other Medium in mind. It was shelved for now, though, and he could focus on the task at hand.

He heard the entities say some stuff, but he had a hard time hearing due to his disheveled state. He looked above him and there was Irene, watching the door and him simultaneously, probably making sure he didn't go into some kind of shock state or something. Angel was at the door, not exactly healthy but she was fine and dandy compared to Zechariah.

"Th-thank you... I'm sorry, what... what was your name?" Zechariah hadn't actually found out what her name was, which was surprising, since he's met everyone else already.
He rested his leg in the corner. He knew it would probably be really bad to put pressure on his leg at this point.
"Y-you can go by the way... I can handle myself. You need to help them complete the mission. I'm.. I'm just being a handicap at this point. If someone can give me a gun, I can cover the area, because my main power is very low at this point." Zechariah coughed, and he thought he saw blood coming out. It may have just been his imagination, though.

Try to offer as much help as I can.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: December 05, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

(So... not really sure what I'm supposed to do now.)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #604 on: December 05, 2013, 07:16:57 pm »

(So... not really sure what I'm supposed to do now.)
((Two doors: Biolabs and Energetic Materials Testing. Your objectives lie inside those doors (retrieve an object from each). Choose one and go. Or don't, you can just stay here and let the others do all the hard work. Toaster and Xantalos are going to the Biolabs, the rest are undecided or immobile.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: December 05, 2013, 07:30:57 pm »

(Ahh, I see. Righto!)
Well... Fortune favors the bold."
Open he door to the EMT. If there any enemies inside, activate adrenaline and shoot them. If there aren't, check the room for anything useful. Probably won't find the objective in the first turn, but having useful items on hand would help considerably.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 07:32:41 pm by Fniff »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: December 05, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »

((Are you questioning Xantalos' luck accumulating properties? That's preposterous! That makes me so mad, I'm going to curse you with my voodoo dolls so that aliens will come to abduct you. I just need you to tell me what sign you were born under so I can contact the appropriate demon with my druidic ritual that I got from a time traveling Elvis.)) That was a joke, in case somebody misunderstood. I'm not threatening to unleash my supernatural powers on anyone.
Scorpio. Bring your worst. REALLY!

"Alright, mister, hold on..."
You're going to heal him, wasting time and leaving yourself weak?
I'll probably be able to heal myself when I'm done.
Wimp.

[5v1]

Release current powers. Replace them with some sort of healing ability that can affect others.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: December 06, 2013, 05:38:51 am »

"Th-thank you... I'm sorry, what... what was your name?" Zechariah hadn't actually found out what her name was, which was surprising, since he's met everyone else already.
To Angel and Zech: <The girl is Angel, and the little fox is Irine.>
He rested his leg in the corner. He knew it would probably be really bad to put pressure on his leg at this point.
"Y-you can go by the way... I can handle myself. You need to help them complete the mission. I'm.. I'm just being a handicap at this point. If someone can give me a gun, I can cover the area, because my main power is very low at this point." Zechariah coughed, and he thought he saw blood coming out. It may have just been his imagination, though.
To Angel and Zech: <Shhhhhhhhhhhh, you're going to be okay. Just rest for now, you'll need your strength later.>
move to lie down beside Zech, letting him know I'm there by gently brushing him with my tails. keep watch and use my remaining sphere to torch anything that moves to attack us.

((I lost track of who has been introduced to whom, was it Irine or Angel that Zech didn't recognize? and Irine right now is really quite small, there's no way I could stand over you without literally standing on top of you.))

Through Interface, to the entity using the elevator speakers: <I don't suppose you have a name or something I could call you by? It's really confusing telling you all apart since you just keep calling each other him or her. Don't get me wrong, you seem to be quite talented at impersonations, but do I really need to develop the same skill simply to say who I'm talking about? Oh, and why did I get yelled at when I tried to talk to Stellar without using this Interface thing? Is there stuff that I can see that you entities can't? How could one-way private communication have been abused? And why wasn't I warned about the rules before the game was started? Are there any other rules?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: December 06, 2013, 05:55:11 am »

Follow Jordan. Listen for guards, interlopers and things like that on this floor.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: December 06, 2013, 09:30:50 am »

John nodded, then looked around.  Safety procedures, hmm?

"Hey overlords, any particular safety procedures we should be following?  Any glowing green liquids we shouldn't drink?"

Follow directions, both safety instructions and in movement toward our goal.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 06, 2013, 11:10:30 am »

((It was Irine who Zechariah had not met yet. He had conversed with Angel before the match. Also, due to his messed up depth perception and his prone position, it pretty much looks like Irine is standing over him from his view :P ))

Zechariah decided that the floor actually looked really comfortable at this point, even though he was trying to get up. He eased himself down and observed the area outside the elevator.
"T-thanks, I just don't want to be more of a burden than I already am. Is there any way I may help?"
This scenario was perfect fodder for Artemis' hourly insults towards Zechariah.

He could've gotten a lot energy if he just had his apple juice flask at this point. Apple juice kept him going, but now he was dry and lacking blood.

Rest. Think about apple juice.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #611 on: December 06, 2013, 02:33:50 pm »

((I lost track of who has been introduced to whom, was it Irine or Angel that Zech didn't recognize?))
((I believe you've all met each other, back when people were saying you were a lizard overlord. It's probably just that he doesn't recognize your fox form. Although that probably shouldn't matter, since you talked about your shapeshifting back then. Then again, he's lost lots of blood, so he might just be in a state of confusion. Or maybe he just hadn't heard your name? Don't remember.))

GWG & DAF & Lenglon
Zechariah blacked out for the last time in his dreams, and reentered the world of the conscious. Well, mostly. Again, everything hurt - from head to toe. He also felt faint and probably did not have much energy to walk, much less bend the powers of the shadows and the light to his will.

Even through all this pain, it was still better than his unconscious. The dreams had hurt him on an emotional level, particularly because he was worried about the other Guardians and Mediums - a certain other Medium in mind. It was shelved for now, though, and he could focus on the task at hand.

He heard the entities say some stuff, but he had a hard time hearing due to his disheveled state. He looked above him and there was Irene, watching the door and him simultaneously, probably making sure he didn't go into some kind of shock state or something. Angel was at the door, not exactly healthy but she was fine and dandy compared to Zechariah.

Try to offer as much help as I can.
You stand there, being a very large talking paperweight. You also think about apple juice.
"Alright, mister, hold on..."
You're going to heal him, wasting time and leaving yourself weak?
I'll probably be able to heal myself when I'm done.
Wimp.

Release current powers. Replace them with some sort of healing ability that can affect others.
You gain the ability to heal physical trauma of most beings you can find on earth by laying your hands over their wounds and focusing on it.
You gain the ability to know the names of people you see.
To Angel and Zech: <The girl is Angel, and the little fox is Irine.>
To Angel and Zech: <Shhhhhhhhhhhh, you're going to be okay. Just rest for now, you'll need your strength later.>
move to lie down beside Zech, letting him know I'm there by gently brushing him with my tails. keep watch and use my remaining sphere to torch anything that moves to attack us.

Through Interface, to the entity using the elevator speakers: <I don't suppose you have a name or something I could call you by? It's really confusing telling you all apart since you just keep calling each other him or her. Don't get me wrong, you seem to be quite talented at impersonations, but do I really need to develop the same skill simply to say who I'm talking about? Oh, and why did I get yelled at when I tried to talk to Stellar without using this Interface thing? Is there stuff that I can see that you entities can't? How could one-way private communication have been abused? And why wasn't I warned about the rules before the game was started? Are there any other rules?>
Irene stands near the wounded Zach, gently brushing him with her tails, while standing watch for any threats.
Angel moves in with her newly received powers and lays her hands over Zach's bullet wound. After a bit of time passes and her powers reach their full potential, it's going very well. Blood vessels are reattached, dead flesh disappears and is replaced by new, pain is lessened... If she keeps this up, the wound will close soon.

"Hah! Impersonating?" The entity sounds amused. "That's a good one. That's what it sounds to you? Oh, it must sound really funny then. No, no, it's nothing like that. Sorry, when you're used to talking with... let's call it telepathy, you tend to forget others prefer to use words and names. Most of us don't have names, or at least don't use them, because when we 'talk', we can convey what we want to communicate without words. When you hear me say 'him' and 'her' I'm actually saying... something like their names. Looks like the translation suggestions we gave your mind translate that to impersonation. Interesting. Wonder if it's the same with others."

"Anyway, if you want a name, you can call me Roger Drake, that's what I went by when I was on Earth-5. Or maybe just D., that's what Stellar used to call me when I was younger. If you don't like those, you can call me anything you want. I've got no problem with that."
"Call him 'The princess of lollipop land'."
"...Anything you want, within reason."

"About the rules... there are many of them, but most of the time they fall under the category of 'the entities can watch, but they mustn't give an unfair advantage' or 'the contestants can't call for outside help or leave the designated area'. As you can probably understand by the fact that I'm talking to you and helping you, the rules aren't absolute, we can choose to bend them if we all agree it will make the challenge better or more interesting.
However, since we can see a good part of what's around you and the others, we could use that information to aid you without the others knowing, if there was private communication. Don't forget, even now that you're supposed to be working together, it's still a competition between all of you. And all entities want their contestant to be the one who wins."

Fniff & Harry Baldman
"Well... Fortune favors the bold."
Open he door to the EMT. If there any enemies inside, activate adrenaline and shoot them. If there aren't, check the room for anything useful. Probably won't find the objective in the first turn, but having useful items on hand would help considerably.
Follow Jordan. Listen for guards, interlopers and things like that on this floor.
You enter a room similar in size to the one Alan and John are in, a very large area with an elevator platform leading down to it. This one has also been divided into multiple rooms, but it has been divided by heavy, sturdy-looking metal walls and ceilings. The rooms  are all irregular, some of them larger or higher than others, few of them lacking any ceiling, revealing strange devices hooked up to cables. From some of them jut giant constructs of metal and plastic. Most of those look deactivated, while few are pulsating with light or crackling with electricity. They look like stuff you'd expect to find in a mad scientist's laboratory.
Ike can hear a great number of things below, partially confusing his hearing. Engines, servos, electrical sparks, humming, small explosions, high pitched whirrs and whines and a strange subsonic sound, more felt in his stomach then heard in his ears, like a drunken troll is hitting the ground with a giant hammer every once in a while. He can also smell many strange things here. Ozone, molten plastic, rust, all kinds of chemicals as well as things he has never smelled before. The strange smell he got from the hallway is non-existent here.

"Same deal as the other guys, you're looking for a storage area relatively close by. Take the elevator down when you're ready."
((Sorry for essentially making you post your action twice, but I need to get all those descriptions out of the way. And I also want to see if someone else wants to come with you.))

Xantalos & Toaster
John nodded, then looked around.  Safety procedures, hmm?
"Hey overlords, any particular safety procedures we should be following?  Any glowing green liquids we shouldn't drink?"
Follow directions, both safety instructions and in movement toward our goal.
"You know, the usual, don't take candy from strangers, watch for biohazard signs, respect the instruction on the walls, stay out of the path of bullets, don't touch strange alien things if you don't know what they do, only drink glowing green liquids if you're willing to take stupid risks for the chance of gaining superpowers... That sort of thing."

You press the down button and wait for the elevator platform to descend. Thankfully, this one is faster than the last one. You enter one of those plastic rooms and wait to be decontaminated, as you are sprayed with various chemicals. Good thing these aren't your real bodies, because that much disinfectant can't be good for you in the long term.

As you exit decontamination into the next room (some kind of reception/security station with various scanning tools that look like metal detectors) carefully checking for enemies as you do so, you spot a guard hiding behind the reception. You get back into cover in the hallway you were in. You don't think he saw you, but you can't be sure.
What do you do?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 02:41:30 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: December 06, 2013, 02:37:11 pm »

Smart man. Wat do.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: December 06, 2013, 03:01:39 pm »

Alan shrugged.  "Not much room for tricks here.  Shoot a bunch of knives or forks or something at him, then when he looks up to see what the hell is going on, I'll give him some bullets."

Watch for guard to come out of cover, then gun him down.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 06, 2013, 03:05:59 pm »

"Doing well, Zack?"

Keep healing Zechariah.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 521