Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064957 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Xantalos was right
« Reply #615 on: December 06, 2013, 03:07:07 pm »

Summon slingshot and pebbles. Bombard helpless guard.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: December 06, 2013, 03:14:13 pm »

Advance carefully. Be ready to dodge and shoot stuff. Use echolocative hearing to get a better feel for the place.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 06, 2013, 04:08:10 pm »

Zechariah watched as Angel came over and starting using healing powers over his leg. It was much like what Rachael did, way back when, except this actually had a weird sensation, as if his leg was drinking grape juice. Rachael's magic did the same thing, except her healing was stronger and tasted like apple juice. Still, Angel was doing a fantastic job. He actually felt like his soul was being renewed, which was great. Also, his pent-up frustration at his own actions provided some of his own willpower.

He coughed and felt immediately better afterwards. "Wow, thank you Angel. I really cannot say how much I owe you right now. And thank you too, Irine." Zechariah put on the best smile he could manage for now. He still needed some more healing though, lest the magic undo itself in the process, which was what Rachael taught him during their experiences.

"So, what are we doing here? What's our objective?"

Rest.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 06, 2013, 04:10:56 pm »

"We're supposed to grab some stuff, I think. I was still recovering from the burns when they were talking about it, I think."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 06, 2013, 05:21:37 pm »

"How lackluster."
Go into elevator and press button to destination.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 06, 2013, 06:31:20 pm »

Remain lying there, watching.
To Angel and Zech: <On either side of this hallway are a pair of specialized labs, and we need to retrieve a component for this device we left in the elevator from each before we take it deeper into the facility. two of our teammates went to the Biohazard side, two went to the Energetic Materials Testing side, and as you can see, the lizard lady is standing around lost is thought by the Energetic Materials Testing door.>

Through Interface, To D: <I... I don't suppose you know what's wrong with me? I... It's like something mangled my connection with flame. I can't seem to control it properly. Even changing between forms is messed up. I... I got burnt earlier. That's never happened before. It shouldn't even be possible. Something's really wrong with me, and I don't have the special senses necessary to find out what it is anymore. Please don't mess with it or anything, that... that connection was my greatest piece of work before... anyway, can you tell me what's wrong?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 06, 2013, 06:34:52 pm »

Move out. toward the Storage
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 06, 2013, 06:49:23 pm »

As Zechariah sat there, listening to Irine talk with the lead entity, he thought of something. He found it odd, but it was his thought nevertheless, with his experiences from his Shadow, Eido, and the Guardians.
"Hey, um, Scion? I just hope you're doing alright, and having a good... day, or... time, I guess? I don't know how your time works relative to ours, but I do wish that you stay alright.
Not disrespecting your power, by the way, I'm just hoping you've not been bothered lately by anything."

That came out awkward for Zechariah. But he said what he needed to. Over the past four years, he had learned that deities were people too. Maybe had Eido been treated better as a deity over so many years, he would not have punished the Guardians and cursed Zechariah out of his own dimension. These entities also seemed to argue sometimes, and Zechariah wanted to do his best to have them be at least somewhat cooperative. That's what he did with the Guardians, his friends.

Being friendly with deities, entities and gods. Zechariah sure was an odd person.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #623 on: December 06, 2013, 09:10:28 pm »

Alan shrugged.  "Not much room for tricks here.  Shoot a bunch of knives or forks or something at him, then when he looks up to see what the hell is going on, I'll give him some bullets."

Watch for guard to come out of cover, then gun him down.
Summon slingshot and pebbles. Bombard helpless guard.
After a bit of quick planning, John and Alan come with a battle plan.
John prepares to fire while Alan works on summoning a slingshot and some pebbles.

Alan summons something that looks like a mixture of compound bow and slingshot, complete with an ergonomic grip, counterweights to keep it balanced and a stabilizer that wraps around the wrist to further improve aim. He also summons a number of steel balls to be used as ammunition.
Alan puts one of his balls in the slingshot, gets it ready to fire and peeks out of cover.

Turns out the guard saw you. He's standing ready to fire, but Alan is marginally faster and manages to get off a hasty shot to the guard's head sticking out of the reception. He knocks the guard's hat off, but doesn't cause any serious damage to him.

Alan gets his hands and head back into cover before the guard can hit him with a burst from his assault rifle.

John can hear the guard (or more accurately, the bursts he is firing from his assault rifle) moving, which means the guard is up. However, he's also shooting at the doorway they're hiding behind, the bullets embedding themselves in the wall opposite to the one they're hiding behind. (Thankfully, the plastic seems thick enough to stop the bullets.)

Do you still want to get out of cover and shoot him?

((Doing a turn just for you guys, since you're in battle time.))
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 09:23:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 06, 2013, 09:31:17 pm »

((I guess I rolled a 6 then. :o))

<Hey John guy. Make a Roomba, only rabid, and send it toward him as a distraction.>
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 06, 2013, 11:25:44 pm »

((I'd bet a 5.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: December 06, 2013, 11:52:04 pm »

Being friendly with deities, entities and gods. Zechariah sure was an odd person.
((And he doesn't even know Irine is an ex-goddess. That'll be an amusing thing to see his reaction too.))
<Hey John guy. Make a Roomba, only rabid, and send it toward him as a distraction.>
((Remember you can always call for backup if necessary. Irine can attack around corners.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #627 on: December 07, 2013, 11:54:02 am »

((I've already written most of the turn, I'm just waiting to see if Toaster and Xantalos are going to post something, otherwise I'll auto them. Or maybe I'll just have them stay further back in time. Time paradoxes are always fun, right?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #628 on: December 07, 2013, 03:22:14 pm »

((I'd bet a 5.))
((I told you, his luck just turned around. He dodged death twice that turn and got that cool slingshot. I imagine it like this but with flexible "arms", counterweights and a pulley system instead of a rubber band, like some kind of mini-compound-crossbow.))

GWG & DAF & Lenglon
"Doing well, Zack?"
Keep healing Zechariah.
Zach keeps getting healed. The bullet falls out of his leg and the wound seems to be almost closed. Just a bit more and he'll be fully healed.
There is a slight problem however. While his wound is getting better, your power doesn't seem capable of fully replacing all the blood he has lost. Even after you heal him, he's going to be a bit lightheaded.
Remain lying there, watching.
Through Interface, To D: <I... I don't suppose you know what's wrong with me? I... It's like something mangled my connection with flame. I can't seem to control it properly. Even changing between forms is messed up. I... I got burnt earlier. That's never happened before. It shouldn't even be possible. Something's really wrong with me, and I don't have the special senses necessary to find out what it is anymore. Please don't mess with it or anything, that... that connection was my greatest piece of work before... anyway, can you tell me what's wrong?>
"Sorry, I don't know much about that and I don't want to talk about it, mostly because I-" He pauses mid sentence, as if something else got his attention. After a while, he continues. *sigh* "If you want to know what happened to you, then ask him, I'm sure he'll be happy to brag about whatever he did to you. If you want to know why it happened... I strongly suggest waiting until you return to the staging area before you ask that question. Using your shapeshifting should be safe to you right now, if a bit unpleasant, if that's what you're worried about. And from what I saw, you'd have to stand in an inferno for a while before the fire causes you any real harm."

"But you should cheer up! You're alive and can play with fire! Who cares about the rest? All that drama and worrying is useless anyways, it won't add anything to your life."

Zechariah watched as Angel came over and starting using healing powers over his leg. It was much like what Rachael did, way back when, except this actually had a weird sensation, as if his leg was drinking grape juice. Rachael's magic did the same thing, except her healing was stronger and tasted like apple juice. Still, Angel was doing a fantastic job. He actually felt like his soul was being renewed, which was great. Also, his pent-up frustration at his own actions provided some of his own willpower.

He coughed and felt immediately better afterwards. "Wow, thank you Angel. I really cannot say how much I owe you right now. And thank you too, Irine." Zechariah put on the best smile he could manage for now. He still needed some more healing though, lest the magic undo itself in the process, which was what Rachael taught him during their experiences.

"So, what are we doing here? What's our objective?"
Rest.
"Do you want the general objective or this floor's? As for what you're doing here, mostly sitting around unconscious in those past 5 minutes, with Irene watching over both of you and the others trying to heal you and now you're sitting here talking to me. Not a very productive in my opinion."
As Zechariah sat there, listening to Irine talk with the lead entity, he thought of something. He found it odd, but it was his thought nevertheless, with his experiences from his Shadow, Eido, and the Guardians.
"Hey, um, Scion? I just hope you're doing alright, and having a good... day, or... time, I guess? I don't know how your time works relative to ours, but I do wish that you stay alright.
Not disrespecting your power, by the way, I'm just hoping you've not been bothered lately by anything."

That came out awkward for Zechariah. But he said what he needed to. Over the past four years, he had learned that deities were people too. Maybe had Eido been treated better as a deity over so many years, he would not have punished the Guardians and cursed Zechariah out of his own dimension. These entities also seemed to argue sometimes, and Zechariah wanted to do his best to have them be at least somewhat cooperative. That's what he did with the Guardians, his friends.

"I have no interest in your faked concern for me, human. What I've been bothered by is the fact that you needlessly risked your life for that... Demonhuman, while you should had only been interested in your victory in this challenge. I need YOU to win. The lives of the others are irrelevant. Everything else is irrelevant."

Fniff & scapheap & Harry Baldman
"How lackluster."
Go into elevator and press button to destination.
Move out. toward the Storage
Advance carefully. Be ready to dodge and shoot stuff. Use echolocative hearing to get a better feel for the place.
You press the down button on the elevator and wait for it to descend.
You enter one of the rooms, something that looks like a reception with a number of scanners instead of entrances, the kind of scanners that strip scan you without removing your clothes.
From there you enter a hallway and continue onwards, following the directions the entity is giving you.
"The others have encountered enemies. Keep your eyes and ears open."
You reach a doorway into a large area. Map for the sake of helping you understand:
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Toaster & Xantalos
((I decided I'll wait for you to post and then do a miniturn, because if something horrible happens to you due to an autoaction, I'll probably get blamed for it. I will auto you if you don't post soon.
In case you forgot, Toaster & Xantalos are taking cover besides a doorway while the guard is up and moving away from cover while laying suppressing fire on that doorway.))

Everyone
"There's something wrong here. They seem to somehow know your objectives, but that should be impossible. I've blocked all communication with the outside world, nobody could have warned them. Maybe they already knew? Any of you a double agent or a member of the mafia or something? Anyway, watch out for traps and ambushes."
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 03:24:39 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 07, 2013, 03:33:51 pm »

"There's something wrong here. They seem to somehow know your objectives, but that should be impossible. I've blocked all communication with the outside world, nobody could have warned them. Maybe they already knew? Any of you a double agent or a member of the mafia or something? Anyway, watch out for traps and ambushes."

"Maybe you've got an awfully competitive player amongst you, eh? Or maybe somebody's messing with you."

Check if I am, by any chance, a double, triple, quadruple or otherwise multiple agent.

To Jordan: "Hey, hit-dude, I sense people in the room. They're hiding on the other side behind the walls, around that doorway place. I can hear them."

Explain this to Jordan.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 521