Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077014 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: The Attack of the Rabid Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #645 on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:35 pm »

"Well, we're in the elevator, so... good luck to them."
((Check the previous turn for data. You're no longer in the elevator. You're in a hallway.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: December 08, 2013, 06:13:42 pm »

"Well, we're in the elevator, so... good luck to them."
((first of all, you didn't hear that, and I'm nowhere near you and can't hear you talking, so you being a part of that conversation makes no sense at all. secondly, no you aren't, there are four elevators on this level. the one we came down, one in each lab area, and one down the hall from the entry elevator, which we will be using later to exit with. you USED to be at one of the elevators in a lab area, the device is on the one we came down in, which is now populated by a total of one individual, Irine.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: December 08, 2013, 06:24:14 pm »

(Ahem. I was saying that to the entity. Sorry, should have made that clear.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: December 08, 2013, 09:42:03 pm »

((Er... it was your idea?))

John swore.  "Shit!  Get off him!"

Summon and throw an EMP grenade!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: December 08, 2013, 09:43:34 pm »

((This is hilarious.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: December 08, 2013, 09:49:28 pm »

Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 09, 2013, 01:57:07 am »

(Ahem. I was saying that to the entity. Sorry, should have made that clear.)
((Oh, sorry.  :-[))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #652 on: December 09, 2013, 03:05:03 pm »

((This is hilarious.))
((And once again we come to the shocking conclusion that in RTDs, especially when you're given supernatural powers, your teammates are your worst enemy.
Toaster can just say that he meant to do that. Believed that Alan was going to be the one who won the challenge and wanted to eliminate the competition. Don't know who would believe him, but it's a better excuse than nothing.))

scapheap & Harry Baldman & Fniff
"There's something wrong here. They seem to somehow know your objectives, but that should be impossible. I've blocked all communication with the outside world, nobody could have warned them. Maybe they already knew? Any of you a double agent or a member of the mafia or something? Anyway, watch out for traps and ambushes."

"Maybe you've got an awfully competitive player amongst you, eh? Or maybe somebody's messing with you."

Check if I am, by any chance, a double, triple, quadruple or otherwise multiple agent.

To Jordan: "Hey, hit-dude, I sense people in the room. They're hiding on the other side behind the walls, around that doorway place. I can hear them."

Explain this to Jordan.
"Eh, who knows? Maybe. I'll check the replays when this is over, see if I can't figure out what happened. Just stay alive down there and you'll be fine. Let the others go first and trigger the traps."

After checking your host's memories, you realize that you are in fact a triple and three quarters agent. Oh, the horror! It all makes sense now! The cat was the president all along!
...You may have gotten that information a bit mangled.

Jordan seems a bit unresponsive right now.
Your hearing is still a bit confused by all the noise around, so you can't get an exact picture of what's going on inside the room Eria is in, but you're sure those two guys (or gals, you can't really tell) are still hiding behind those consoles. Probably saw you opening that door.
entry and look around the old-looking screens and buttons while crouched.
With the skills of a lizard ninja, you manage to crouch inside the room and behind a console without being seen or making a single sound.
You examine the screens and buttons.
The ones on this console are old cathode ray screens like the ones found on oscilloscopes, brightly displaying waves, circles, stars and polygonal shapes. Some buttons are labelled with letters and numbers and you're unsure of what exactly they do, while others seem to be used to fine tune the displays according to the data they receive.
The consoles are heavily shielded, the glass above the screens thick enough to stop a bullet, the heavy metal covering welded onto the ground.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

GWG & DAF
Zechariah pulled up his uninjured leg and circled his arms around it. So his patron entity was apathetic, then. Ah well. There was at least one other entity who liked how he did things, and that was good enough for him. He smiled and looked up to the ceiling, as if the entities were watching from there.

"I'm sorry, Scion, but you chose the wrong person to patronize. Pick Jordan or something, he cares about getting the job done. I care about everyone else making it out alive and well. Maybe you aren't familiar with human emotion, nor do you think anything better of us than pieces on the chessboard, but I am someone who cares.

So good day to you. I'm sorry I disappoint you for not playing the game you play. Call Artemis up, he's very good at games."

Zechariah was somewhat saddened that his patron entity did not care like he thought that she would. She was just like Eido, seeing people as a means to an end.

It would seriously suck if she also disposed of him like Eido did, for rejecting the rules that they had set up. He would then have to go through more misadventures through time and space probably. Or just cease to exist, y'know.
"You misunderstand human. What I do, I do for you. I see the potential for a great and powerful mage in you. Your power could rival that of gods one day. While allies and emotions are useful tools for obtaining power, that is not the purpose of the challenges. The purpose of these challenges is to be victorious and Victory is the path to your perfection.
But this disagreement is pointless. You will struggle like everyone and in time you will realize I speak the truth. I was merely hoping to avoid such meaningless wastes of time."

"Oh dear. One of your teammates is being eaten by a rabid robotic vacuum cleaner John just summoned. You might want to go there to help. Or to point and laugh."
"<Wait, what? Do I want to know?>"

New action:

Finish healing Zechariah, then go to Alan and attempt to heal him without...you know, getting killed.

"That depends. When you see a horror film with a ridiculous or unlikely monster like 'Sharktopus' or 'Rubber' do you laugh or get scared?"
Zechariah had an objective then!
Interface:<On it, sir.>
"Angel, you heal him. I'll... try to get him out, or maybe guard against whatever else decides to show up."

Help out with the man-eating vacuum cleaner.
Angel finishes healing Zach. Zach gets up and stumbles a bit and leans on a box to find his balance. He got a bit of headrush from standing up due to his low blood pressure. After a moment of adjusting, he begins walking towards the Biolabs elevator.

Zach and Angel both start heading towards the man being eaten by a vacuum cleaner. They get as far as decontamination. They'll reach the other guys next turn. If they haven't been eaten by the vacuum cleaner.

Xantalos & Toaster
Summon a super powerful plunger and pry the thing off, then wield it as a Roomba sword.
Hope the other dude can create medicine or something.

John swore.  "Shit!  Get off him!"
Summon and throw an EMP grenade!
Johns panicked orders are only met with a long angry growl from the Roomba.
Alan, screaming in pain as the Rabid Vacuum Cleaner shreds his guts, tries to summon a plunger while John tries to summon an EMP grenade.
John gets a mighty toy grenade made out of plastic! When its button is pressed, it starts a timer that triggers a boom sound effect and lights up some red LEDs. Yay!
Alan on the other hand gets the plunger he always wanted, complete with an ergonomic grip and, as the sticker on its side advertises "An auto-plunging function, so that you never have to use your own strength ever again! Workout is for losers anyways!", whatever that means.

Alan tries to pull the Angry Roomba away from him with the plunger but he is too busy screaming and bleeding and flailing to manage to properly aim. He doesn't manage to form a proper seal, the plunger hitting the Rabid Vacuum Cleaner at a bad angle.
John attacks the Angry Roomba, trying to hit it with the butt of his rifle. The hit connects, "wounding" the Angry Roomba in its rear section, pieces of plastic and buttons flying off.
John gets ready for another hit but the Roomba reverses it's vacuum motor, using it to blow instead of sucking. It flies off of Alan in an explosion of blood, aiming straight for John's face. John reacts quickly, ducking and letting the Roomba fly over him.
The Roomba makes a run for the door the guard just exited through. Maybe it has sated its hunger. Maybe John's hit scared it. Maybe it has smelled a better meal nearby. Or maybe it's just running so that it can set an ambush for you later. Either way, it's running.
"If you let it escape, you'd better hope it doesn't find you again. Now that it's had a taste of human flesh, the Vacuum Cleaner will forever be a slave to its succulence."

Alan is in a bad condition, in major pain and bleeding heavily. The Angry Roomba is wounded and running away like one of those little drones the Imperials had on Star Wars. What do you do?

Lenglon
Through interface to Zech, Angel, and D: <I'm on my... um, what are you...>
Irine watches Angel and Zech running off, neither one fully healed, and abandoning the device we were sent in here with to sit unguarded on the elevator we know the guards are trying to break into from up above.
Through interface to Zech, Angel, and D: <Well, good luck then.>
I can't even push the device off the elevator without hands, but we can't leave it unguarded. This thing is clearly the core of why we're here, a smart enemy will either steal it or destroy it.
through interface to D: <I guess I'm going to be sitting here a while longer. Someone has to watch the device.>
I better get ready for a fight.
Use my flame sphere to ignite various random debris nearby, and gather additional fire, forming it into additional globes of flame and making them circle around me in a nice, easy to manage pattern of concentric circles. probably two rings, spinning slowly in opposite directions around me.
through interface to D: <About the elevator, is it held up from above or will the brakes lock it in place if the overhead machinery gets fried? Oh, and how are the doors upstairs holding up?>
"Fine by me. The guys up there are trying to come up with a plan of how to get the door open. Right now they have someone working on the security station but I'm going to fake a malfunction and a lockdown the moment he makes any progress. They'll probably start looking into more... forceful ways of entry soon, like explosives. They sure have enough. You won't believe what's started gathering up there."

"The elevator probably functions by some sort of hydraulic system that raises it from below. Don't know what will happen if you heat the platform from below or if you destroy the cabling around there, so you'd better not to do that. And the Device, don't heat it up too much or it's Game Over. It's sturdy but it's not invincible. And finally, try not to harm the elevator's speaker, please?"

You use some of the boxes in the elevator to get a few more balls of fire and have them spin around you in a dance of fiery danger.
"Too bad there aren't any teammates around, eh?"
The burning boxes reveal papers, smaller metallic boxes and canisters and various mundane equipment like office chairs or computer screens.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 09, 2013, 03:12:18 pm »

Summon a shit ton of bandages of varying sizes.
Also very many first aid kits.

((Hey Parsibre, if the thing survives can we have the Roomba return in subsequent missions?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 09, 2013, 03:26:31 pm »

"<Um...I think I'd like to know what's goin on. Especially since I'm going to be helping fix it.>"

Continue heading towards the victims of the Rabid Roomba Rampage.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #655 on: December 09, 2013, 04:51:41 pm »

((Hey Parsibre, if the thing survives can we have the Roomba return in subsequent missions?))
((Well, if the specific Roomba survives, then yes. But that's a very big "if". Then again, I could just say "it fell to its 'death'" or "it was 'killed' off screen" or "they never found the body" or "the next day, the entire cemetery disappeared".

You could fight a Roomba like this one taken to the extreme if you choose a boss fight for the next mission, even if this one dies.

After this mission ends, I'll update the "game types" section with some of the missions I've though of.))
"<Um...I think I'd like to know what's goin on. Especially since I'm going to be helping fix it.>"
"John just summoned an angry robotic vacuum cleaner with a taste for human flesh that proceeded to eat a good part of Alan's guts.
If it was self replicating, it would make a grear setting for a post apocalyptic robot revolution movie, but right now it's just good enough for a mediocre horror movie parody.
Still, it was fun. It's been a while since that last happened."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 09, 2013, 05:00:56 pm »

"I get the feeling I'm a bit messed up sometimes."

Take up a position in cover on my side of the room. Be ready to shoot at those two people hiding out over on the other end.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 09, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »

Through interface, to D: <No teammates is why I'm doing this. Should I care about what is on the papers I'm burning?>
Continue collecting additional firepower.
Through interface, to D and teammates: <We've got a time limit, the people upstairs are working their way down to us. Don't take too long getting stuff. if someone with hands is just standing around, I could use some help moving the device off the elevator.>
Through interface, to D: <could you keep me updated on how the attempt to breach the upstairs door is going? I need to be ready to greet them as soon as they succeed.>
Through interface, to D: <What is the point of these 'games' you (That is a plural 'you' by the way, yay for flaws in English. ya'll really should be an accepted word.) are having us fight in?>

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 09, 2013, 06:40:36 pm »

Eria drew her gun 'I don't think my ice can reach them.'

Be ready to take a shot if one peek their head up.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 09, 2013, 08:53:18 pm »

Interface, Irine: <After we help the vacuum cleaner victim out, I'll head back as soon as I can.>
As he and Angel were walking to help them, he mused over the statements of Scion. He was saddened, really. She cared about winning, but he cared about his friends. Heck, the reason he was here at ll was because he had sacrificed himself to take down his Shadow, Zedekiah, for his friends! In doing so, he had escaped the control of Eido and instead landed within the grasp of these entities.

Zechariah already knew that he had the power to end it all or save it all, or at least that was what Artemis told him when they had defeated Metatron. But he didn't want it for himself, he wanted it for his friends only. He didn't care what power he had, but if it means that his friends were saved then he was happy.
"Please, just hear me out Scion... abandon me and connect with one of the others. The only thing I have to offer you is disappointment, because I am here to make sure everyone else makes it out alive and well, hopefully to help their own worlds build. I don't have whatever potential you are talking about, and I have no expectations for victory, at least for myself."
Zechariah hesitated for a moment.
"I don't want to be a king of power. If I am to be a king of anything, I want to be a king of the people, by the people. By my friends. Beside my friends. Through and with them, together.

...Then again, I don't expect you deities to get that, considering you seem to bicker among yourselves. So it's okay, I don't blame you, Scion."

I'm gonna get it, he thought. Not more than an hour in and already defying the game. Haha, it's just like with Artemis.

Continue.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 521