Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076567 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: In stereo where available
« Reply #6660 on: January 18, 2017, 01:47:45 pm »

Saevus, After the End

John, After the End

Saevus fires his cane at John and his black goo explodes from the tip, not as massive as his first shot but still a good sized wave. It covers the entire corridor in goo, obscuring the graffiti in the walls like a coat of paint. It hits John dead on. The pieces he was assembling are smashed away and clatter on the floor, his summoning interrupted. John himself however does not appear any worse for wear, the goo merely sliding off him.

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Saevus does not relent, taking potshots with the crossbow he just materialized at the recovering John. But he appears to be having trouble holding his crossbow straight, for none of the shots find their target.

He has managed to close the distance. Assuming John doesn't run awau, he'll be upon him by next turn.

Spoiler: Hawk132 (click to show/hide)

Behind Saevus, the bots begin emerging from behind the largest roots, the first of them ready to start firing.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6661 on: January 18, 2017, 04:36:41 pm »

<Because its a pointless detour with zero signs of having anything we want or need from it and going there will make me more vulnerable than I already am. Sitting still for a day and resting the group would be more useful than your stupid detour, take less time, and is still not necessary yet. why do you insist on us stopping at every single place we pass? Why do you want to waste so much time, little tidbits here, there, everywhere?Are you intentionally stretching out our mission as much as possible? Are you making me have to waste as much time as possible in trying to do this stupid mission to kill someone Im not even sure deserves it and let the bastard the destroyed my home have as much time as they could ever want to hide their tracks and you want to complain about the freaking mood? Quit playing stupid. Quit sabotaging the mission for kicks. Quit pretending you can boss me around. Wake up and get serious for once in your trivial life.>
Ike does not get to just drag us off to the water monastary, ignore his bolded action.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6662 on: January 18, 2017, 05:01:31 pm »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6663 on: January 18, 2017, 07:05:07 pm »

Ike begins to get philosophical as something occurs to him.

"Does time even flow at a constant rate between dimensions? Is it technically linear at all on a grand enough scale? If the present moment of your life was to last forever, would this be a satisfactory arrangement? Probably not - while I can no doubt tolerate a perpetual state of being bitched out for wanting to visit a landmark filled with men of learning and wisdom in the name of keeping to some kind of nebulous and meaningless schedule, this wouldn't really be a pleasant existence. Besides there's the very real risk of your nagging causing the discontinuity of existence itself, which all things considered would be pretty ironic. On the other hand, letting you boss me around seems like it'd set an incredibly poor precedent as well. And letting you run off on your own would just get you killed, which seems frankly irresponsible. So what's a man of the woods to do? Hang on, I'll consult with my spirit animal to settle this. Be right back."

Ike goes up to Alan.

"Alan, you wanna go see the old monks' home or should we get underway toward ultimate destiny?"

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6664 on: January 18, 2017, 07:59:20 pm »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6665 on: January 18, 2017, 08:08:12 pm »

"Hmm. What kinda monks?"
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6666 on: January 19, 2017, 01:22:00 am »

<if were voting then ask Nik, Theri, and Zech as well.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6667 on: January 19, 2017, 05:04:41 am »

"Hmm. What kinda monks?"

"Water monks! They live in a monastery on the edge of the desert, presumably contemplating water. They're mystical wise guys who apparently can defeat dragons. Possibly individually. It's not directly related to our mission of assassinating a shapeshifting godling but might be a potentially lucrative sidequest. Of course, we still don't know if we're on a time limit here so maybe even a small detour could prove critically decisive!"

<if were voting then ask Nik, Theri, and Zech as well.>

"Yeah, voting's probably the least contentious way it'll get resolved. Wouldn't count on Crystal Jesus having much to say on the subject, so that gives us three to five votes total and so we probably won't even need a tiebreaker!"

Putting this to a vote then!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 05:08:13 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6668 on: January 19, 2017, 05:40:54 am »

Alan, As Dedicated To The Main Quest As Your Average Skyrim Player

"Ooh, water monks could probably help me with growing Bill And Ted! Let's go there."[/color]
Sig! Onol

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6669 on: January 19, 2017, 06:41:04 am »

"I'm following Irine on this--however if we can spare the time, and I don't believe this may take longer than a couple of days stay to hinder our progress, I'm all for taking this as something we can go with.

"But for practicality, we can split the party for this. I can stick with Irine and scout with her ahead, you can lead those who agree with you over there. Given that note, we can cover more ground."

Vote to split the party; alongside that, arrange a way we can signal each other.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6670 on: January 19, 2017, 07:04:40 am »

"True, but if you're going to split the party and scout ahead then you're still waiting for us, just in a slightly different location that, if reports are accurate, should be fairly smooth sailing throughout. Granted that's still a compromise that gets me what I want, but I get the feeling the heart of Irine's objection to the side quest would not be addressed this way."

"And yeah, should only be a couple of days - my preliminary plan is to try to get an audience with the inner circle with our info on extradimensional creatures and what happened down in the center of the nation, and in return we try to get access to whatever forms of firepower, knowledge and other things they may possess. Best case scenario we can secure a force multiplier of some kind for our little fighting force to make them considerably more formidable."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6671 on: January 19, 2017, 09:46:30 am »

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #6672 on: January 19, 2017, 09:56:44 am »

"Actually, Irine said the entity is avoiding River. If we entrust his soulstone to you in that meantime, and scout in that direction (alongside the perimeter following a curve anyway), that'll fulfill both tasks alongside giving us an idea of what's around here. I'm also wanting to check out the area San (the kid back there, playing with one of your spearmen) mentioned as it's along our route. Also let me test out something--I don't want anyone being pressured by time so...I'll check out that soulstone.

"Besides that, I can go alongside Irine alone and we can take care of ourselves unless you have people there who would like...extreme survival training. I'm protecting the kid anyway, so he's tagging along unless the location is nearer to your path."

Test integrity--how 'stable' is it and knowing my connection with River, approximate how stable we can last out here in regards to it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6673 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:49 am »

"Might get a little boring on your end, but you do you I suppose. If Irine's content with that arrangement me, Alan, the troops and whoever else would like to tag along head to the monastery while you two plus any interested parties head out to scout ahead."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6674 on: January 19, 2017, 11:20:21 am »

<I'm not willing to hand over River's soulstone to anyone but Theri. I don't want to risk him possessing someone. however, I'm willing to comprimise on our route, but if you don't show up for too long then I'll come looking for you, undiplomatically.>
Pages: 1 ... 443 444 [445] 446 447 ... 521