Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1072275 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 7: Crew Expendable
« Reply #6795 on: February 22, 2017, 04:14:30 am »

"I shall join this as well."

Saevus is in. Although, knowing my luck with these sorts of things, he'll probably end up perma-dead.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: February 22, 2017, 06:25:01 am »

"I am "in" as well."
Honora is IN.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: February 22, 2017, 08:45:58 am »

In me, in case that wasn't clear.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: February 22, 2017, 03:50:27 pm »

I would also like to be in.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: February 22, 2017, 04:32:05 pm »

<Svajoklis, Starting area>

Interdimentional ancient artifacts from planes unknown to both light and dark, Indy, eat your heart out.

I'm in.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6800 on: February 22, 2017, 05:12:16 pm »

Staging Area

* Toaster distributes hugs to GM

John nodded.  "I'm in.  And knowing us, we're bad enough at not attracting attention already; I vote we don't bring an entity with us."

((The GM appreciates your hugs.))

<Player 5 is volunteered for the mission, as previously agreed.>
"Excellent! I'm counting on you John. Show them what you can do." Charlie says, pointing at you.

John hefted the rifle.  "Hey barman!  Pull!"

Hopefully skeet shoot new rifle with Rodger.
Rodger pulls a brick out of the fountain and tosses it high up in the air. You pull the trigger and sweep the rifle upwards. You are prepared to track the brick as it goes, but it explodes the moment the beam bursts out of the barrel of your gun with a small explosion of hot air. You release the trigger and the beam stops. The remaining plasma travels for a while longer before dissipating into a glowing cloud and then disappearing completely.
"Well. There goes that joke."
This feels really good. You don't have a way to describe this. Using it just feels... right. Like this gun was meant to be fired by you and you alone.
"That's a good piece you've got there. But..."
He jumps off the fountain and approaches you.
"Do you have your one liners prepared? You know, maybe you want to show people how bad you are. Maybe you want to kill a big ugly monster. So you stick the gun in their mouth and pump them full of plasma until they explode. And then you say... 'Well, that thing sure made a lot of threats. But in the end it was full of hot air.'." (•_•) / ( •_•)>⌐■-■ / (⌐■_■)

Kosak Durar, Mission 7 Briefing:

"If my trainer doesn't have any objections, I'm in."
"That's the spirit, boy! Get there and plant your foot in their butt!" he commends you.
"Much appreciated, Captain."
"Don't get friendly on me, boy! You're still an incompetent commie child that can't keep track of his toys. And I don't like that."
Charlie just shrugs.
"That's right. What are you going to do now, kid? I'll tell you. Nothing, if you know what's good for you, that's what you're going to do."

((Dangit, I'm a face, not a good combat guy.
Ah well, only substantial harm in trying))
Yeah, I'll be voted in.
Well, any mission could involve combat. It could also involve other things. Assault missions are meant to have you working together.

<Your offer is enticing. We accept.>
"Good. If your man is half as good as you in his job, I'm sure he'll do fine."

"I am "in" as well."
Honora is IN.
"Pffft. Not in those clothes you aren't."

"Nice to see some eagerness. But don't let that eagerness turn to stupidity. Do try to come back alive."

"I definitely appear to be sufficiently expendable."
In me, in case that wasn't clear.
"I'd be hard pressed to find someone less not expendable." Charlie says with a chuckle.
<Wow. That's kinda cold man.>
"No, I meant because he can- Ugh, never mind."
<No, I meant I liked it.>
"Oh. In that case I think you meant 'cool'."
<Nah, just cold.>

I would also like to be in.
"Snow! I had a feeling you'd want in on this. You seldom miss these sort of things, right?"
<Yes.>
"Talkative as always, I see."

"I shall join this as well."

Saevus is in. Although, knowing my luck with these sorts of things, he'll probably end up perma-dead.
<If you find this fight suits you, then it shall be yours.>
"My favourite tank! Nice to have such a skilled warrior along for the ride! This mission is turning into quite the all star match."

<Be sure to work together with John. Cooperate and keep in touch if you lead your own group. That is what you desire as well, correct?>
<This unit rates Player 5's teamwork skills highly.>

<Svajoklis, Starting area>

Interdimentional ancient artifacts from planes unknown to both light and dark, Indy, eat your heart out.

I'm in.

"Yeah. I bet you're eager to try out your new toy on something nasty."
"I...'m not sure how to feel about this. I thought your guy was some archeologist information gatherer."
"And now he has a shotgun. Much more useful than a whip, I would say."
"Eh, as long as he can keep himself alive long enough to get some useful intel, he can use hand grenade nunchucks for all I care. That's not the thing that worries me."

"Hey, before you kill me, would you happen to know what time it is?"

Push the dragon off me or block it from attacking me with the branches and keep shooting and charging. If that doesn't work, stab and shoot while charging. Use my will to suppress RMEs and charge faster. If I don't have time to fully charge before he kills me, force myself to detonate early or whatever I did in the 11 of Diamonds mission. My end goal is to go boom, preferably after making a cool one-liner about explosions and time.
You form a defensive wall with your branches and start firing at the dragon. In retrospect, that was probably not such a good idea. Your frenzied shots only manage to heat up his body again. He uses that energy to dig through the defences and burn through the branches. He slams you back in the snow and holds you down, his claw digging into your core. You can feel him trying to suck away the energy building up within you, but you are too pissed off to let him get away with that. You resist his attack, just barely. Some energy slips away, burning the surface of his paw like acid, forming weird symbols.

You feel the urge to release an RME but resist it. It's not pleasant. It's like trying not to sneeze but 100 times worst.

He pushes harder. You feel things being squeezed that are not supposed to be squeezed.
<I think it's time you boys stopped your dick fighting competition. That's what time it is.>
He squeezes harder and growls.
<Come on Frosty. Don't ruin our investment just yet. Let him go.>
He slaps you away and roars in anger.

Campaign

Get dressed.
Hmm, drink a small shot of Tsar Red Bull, to get rid of this hangover.
Leave the room.

You check your clothes while trying to wear them and find a can of Red Bull. Drinking some of TRD does make you feel better.

You get out of the room with the half-drunk can still in hand. There's a man who has just finished cooking there.
"So. You're finally awake, are you? After last night I thought it would take a few days for you to get up again."

Alan, Chaotic Silly

As soon as I wake up, begin an enthusiastic dance of vegetables to keep my soul healthy.

((You're still as good at grasping the essence of characters as ever, Parisbre. That makes this game more than worth the wait.))
"I'm going to sing about avocados ear man. What are you going to do about it."
"What would prompt you to do something so stupid, sir?"
"Guacamole."
https://youtu.be/AnqPfbb0GlA
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:14:19 pm by Parisbre56 »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: February 22, 2017, 05:27:50 pm »

((I guess I made my edit while you were working on the turn, but I wanted to volunteer for the big mission too. William's choice, so he can get stronger to beat that dragon into the ground.))

"What a tease. Got me all wound up and didn't even let me finish. And you mean pissing contest, right? I don't think dick fighting competitions are a thing. And if they are I want no part of them. That's the one part of my body that ain't supposed to be used as a weapon."

Are we still fighting? Is Frostbite still in range? If so, go boom. If we aren't fighting or he isn't in range, see if I can transform back while keeping the energy stored. Or if I need to burn it off, shoot my name in the snow in fancy writing. Or spell out "Frostbite sucks" or something. If I have to burn off the energy, I want to do so in a creative and funny (to me) way, is what I'm getting at here.

And volunteer for that big mission too, if there is still space. I need to get stronger to kick that dragon's ass.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 09:36:49 pm by Beirus »
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: February 22, 2017, 07:29:00 pm »

John patted the rifle.  Yes... this is just the thing he wanted.  Excellent.

He nodded to the assembling group.
  "Just a note to all of you; my specialty is summoning machines and similar, much like this rifle.  Be thinking about what could most help you on this mission.  Don't give me a list now because I'll just forget it all, but I can try to gear everyone up a bit.  I can do it faster if it's many of the same thing.  Of course, be advised that this all depends on the environment; I may get nastily surprised."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: February 23, 2017, 05:24:51 pm »

"When you spend long enough dead, learn not to waste time sleeping off hangovers. Plus this potion helps.
What's for breakfast?"

Nik commwires any nearby comrades wearing a commwire <Good morning Comrades!>
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: February 23, 2017, 05:30:06 pm »

No action
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: February 23, 2017, 05:36:14 pm »

((I always miss the first time this updates after a bit of time))

"It's a groovy day on the earth, oh yeah, I know!"

There was some kind of water monk meeting thing that we were doing. Also inform the rest of the crew that it is not at all impossible this might turn into some kind of heist (it kind of depends on whether we get what we want out of this or not).

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: February 23, 2017, 11:51:18 pm »

"When you spend long enough dead, learn not to waste time sleeping off hangovers. Plus this potion helps.
What's for breakfast?"

Nik commwires any nearby comrades wearing a commwire <Good morning Comrades!>
I have no idea if Alan has a commwire anymore or not, I'm fairly certain he lost it at some point though.

Since I'm singing about it, make some guacamole! Substitute candy if I can't summon any of the ingredients for whatever reason.

Actually, make a lot of guacamole. I should reward the nice monks for their waterpark or whatever we came here for. Also communal breakfast.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: February 24, 2017, 03:12:30 pm »

Eat breakfast then help clean up the mess from last night. Discreetly pocket some bottles of liquor for molotovs and what not.

Comm to the Ike: <A heist? Sounds like fun. What are we stealing and why?>

Regroup with the others. Let them know that they missed a good party last night, I assume.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: February 24, 2017, 03:49:28 pm »

To Nik and also Zechariah: <Some shady asshole told me to go into the monastery and grab a golden staff with a hemispherical blue thing on it - in return he'll pay us a lot and we can keep anything else we find, and he gave us this little hex-thing that'll apparently dispel magic or whatever once we climb onto the waterfall and through it.>

<On the positive side, treasure may be had, and it's probably magical treasure. I like magical treasure.>

<On the negative side, there's pretty much definitely more to it than that, these monks are not to be fucked with if the rumors have any weight to them, and something tells me that a shady anonymous asshole picking adventurers off the street with vague offers is not a trustworthy employer in the slightest when there's just as much money to be made in ripping us off. So my current thought is to go see this Head Waiter guy and see what he's about. If we can get him to help us out, I think we might not need to steal a damn thing, as wonderful a break in the monotony as that would be.>

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: February 24, 2017, 04:49:41 pm »

<Any reason we can't just beat up the shady asshole and take his money?>

<Maybe then tell the monks he was trying to steal from them, show the hex-thing as evidence and get a reward?>
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 521