Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077281 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: The Attack of the Rabid Vacuum Cleaners
« Reply #720 on: December 12, 2013, 11:11:30 pm »

"No! Don't die!" Angel angrily hits Alan in the less-damaged shoulder with her free hand.
Oh come on. Give up. He's dead.
"No, he's not!"
[3v5]

Drop the healing for some kind of offensive power. Head towards the nearest objective.
<Hey, what are we looking for?>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 13, 2013, 12:43:29 am »

Look for a way to bypass the barriers. If Eria lowers them, head over to the other side, gun drawn and aimed at the door we need to go into. If anything threatening emerges, shoot it.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 13, 2013, 04:36:54 am »

walk off the elevator, but only just barely, not risking losing control of the flames both around me and above the elevator. otherwise no action.
Through Interface, to D: <So, um, you keep saying that only one of us will survive. I don't like that ending to this story. If I'm going to rewrite it, I need to know what the escape plan is, and what is preventing us from using alternatives. Seriously, what exactly is the escape plan, and what is going to prevent us from using alternate methods? I mean, Angel seems to be able to teleport around, why can't she just teleport out of here?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #723 on: December 13, 2013, 08:44:16 am »

DAF & Lenglon
Keep going! I can't let those guys use explosives on that elevator!
You keep moving, getting tired very easily due to your missing blood. The smell of smoke and the screaming of the fire alarms reaches you before you reach the elevator. When you finally get there you can see Irene surrounded by half burnt debris and by balls of fire spinning in concentric circles around her. She's holding up a sheet of white-orange light with her power that covers the entire elevator shaft. It flickers and distorts from time to time.
walk off the elevator, but only just barely, not risking losing control of the flames both around me and above the elevator. otherwise no action.
Through Interface, to D: <So, um, you keep saying that only one of us will survive. I don't like that ending to this story. If I'm going to rewrite it, I need to know what the escape plan is, and what is preventing us from using alternatives. Seriously, what exactly is the escape plan, and what is going to prevent us from using alternate methods? I mean, Angel seems to be able to teleport around, why can't she just teleport out of here?>
"What's preventing you from using alternate methods is that I don't know what you'll find down there. All I have is 'Far end of the room. Payload->Primary Objective | 1 Special User Only', some coordinates over the British protectorate and the fact that you (or rather your hosts) agreed to go on this mission knowing they had little to no chances of succeeding or surviving it. If you manage to get out of there, then good, more bonus points for you."

"You want me to give you the directions I have? They may realize I'm messing with them and cut my connection. It would be bad being stuck down there with no idea of what your next objectives are."

You keep focusing on your flames. Even with nothing else to distract you, it's a bit hard managing such a large volume of fire. You barely notice Zach arriving.

Toaster & Xantalos
Catch the cake in a bucket so I can eat it later.
You get up, however your gigantic form scares the cake-people. They all begin panicking and running away. You try chasing them and catching them with your bucket but you trip and fall in it. Your fall breaks the bottom of the bucket and you enter a void. You fall through the darkness for a long time, your body stripped away and destroyed until you are nothing but a thought floating in nothingness.
Desynchronization imminent.
Man, what was in that cake?
"Mmphh mmmphh mmmpphh!"
Fix Alan.  Make it fast- at least get him stabilized.
You approach the area you feel Alan in. You'd think that it would be hard walking with such an uneven weight distribution but it looks like the suit is responding to your intentions, helping you walk towards Alan. You kneel in front of him rather awkwardly and try to focus on healing him. You can feel him through the suit. He feels like a melody that has had its notes stolen and grown discordant. You focus on filling the gaps, parts of the suit's music joining with Alan's and working on it. You can see the overall image getting better as the suit works but it is also getting fainter. You focus, trying to push power his way, barely sustaining Alan's life.

There is nobody there (except perhaps for the entities) that can truly see what is going on between Alan and John. There is nobody there to see John leaning over the unconscious Alan. There is nobody there to see the multitude of sensors, tubes and small robotic hands holding various tools that extend from John's suit and start working on Alan's intestines. There is nobody there to see Alan's interface flashing red, saying "Desynchronization imminent.". There is nobody there to see the defibrillator pads extending from John's chest to Alan's, jolting him with electricity and causing his body to spasm, trying to restart his heart.

"No! Don't die!" Angel angrily hits Alan in the less-damaged shoulder with her free hand.
Oh come on. Give up. He's dead.
"No, he's not!"
[3v5]

Drop the healing for some kind of offensive power. Head towards the nearest objective.
<Hey, what are we looking for?>
You leave Alan to the care of John and venture on by yourself.
"It says here you're looking for a vial of poison. The directions I have say it would be the only thing in the room. You should get to the storage area it's in if you go straight down this hallway and then continue on through the next two rooms. From experience, it would probably be green and glowing."

You follow the entity's directions. You enter the hallway he was speaking about, the same one the guard run through. It's dimly lit by glowing vats on either side, with fleshy things growing inside them. Some of them look like normal animals you'd find on Earth, others look like strange chimeras, others look like cancerous lumps of flesh, throbbing slowly, while others look completely alien, strange things covered in chitin with too many eyes, legs and wings or things with 8 fleshy legs on either side of their torso and no bones or head. The freak show continues on as you travel in the hallway.

You can see the trail of blood the wheels of the Roomba have left on the ground, the points where it smashed open two vats and turned whatever was inside them to a pulp of greenish goo and the point where it broke through a vent. You keep moving, a bit more cautious.

You finally reach the end of the hallway and enter a large and mostly empty room. The door you must go to is on the other side. There are a few tall dividers made of cloth and metals that form small isolated spaces near the walls of the room. You can see pieces of pale flesh and metal sticking out from some of them.

You gain the ability to form and throw a disk that will trigger upon hitting something with its edge or if 20 seconds pass after it is formed, saturating the plane it marks with high intensity light. It takes a while for this power to create the disk and a while to recharge after creating it.
Just a reminder, you also have the power to form dense keratin armor around your body from before. And your powers have charged to full power while you were walking.

scapheap & Fniff & Harry Baldman
(Correct that Eria has issues with killing civilians. I do see one thing with this set up those)

Holding the scuff of the lab coat, Eria looks pointedly at the levers and then at her reddening teammate "But you were trying to kill us, right? Speaking of."

Use foot to lower levers 5 to 1(well 4 to 1)
You pull the levers and shut down the barriers that had your teammates trapped on the other side of the room.
"What?! No! We were just going to trap you, we- we didn't mean to hurt you, I swear! Please, he- he forced us to do it. He came through a- and told everyone else to evacuate but he forced us to stay here to do this. Please don't hurt us." She has stopped struggling and is laying limp on your hands, half crying now, sobs messing with her speech.
"Oh for fuck's sake, why did you choose me to capture? I'm just a guy! The walking lizardperson who will definitely win you a Nobel prize for dissecting is right there! You are a bunch of amateurs..."
Try to jump up and grab a ceiling light, convenient hanging wire, or similar ceiling object, then try to hoist myself up and swing to the other side of the forcefield. If this is not possible, climb up a pillar and jump to the other side.
Eria shuts down the barriers so you don't have to pretend to be Tarzan to get to the other side, squandering much potential for comical falls and injuries in the process.
Look for a way to bypass the barriers. If Eria lowers them, head over to the other side, gun drawn and aimed at the door we need to go into. If anything threatening emerges, shoot it.
You get to the other side of the room and point your gun at the door. No demons or tentacle monsters come through it at this time. The light on its open button indicates that it's locked, but you could unlock it with the master password you got from the Director.
The man that was banging on the door cowers away from you and your gun in the nearby corner.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:02:15 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 13, 2013, 09:02:15 am »

Shit.

[To Entity]<<Hey, if his host dies here, does he die too or just come out with a nasty headache?>>
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 13, 2013, 09:38:37 am »

"Don't worry, slaves of science, you're off the hook as long as you tell us more about what's deeper in there. As in, how many deadly weapons and security measures they've got to impede us, that kind of thing."

Question these scientific serfs on the defenses of this place. If they provide answers, be all smiley and happy and send them on their way (by which I mean back where we came from).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 09:57:57 am by Harry Baldman »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 13, 2013, 09:57:01 am »

((I remember. I figured it made sense to get a bit further along first, so the reduced mobility wouldn't hurt as much.))

Angel forms a little disk and tests it.
"Useless."
Release the disk power and replace it with a better attack power.

Grow the keratin armor, then head to the door, watching for trouble.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 11:20:54 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #727 on: December 13, 2013, 10:08:23 am »

((@GWG: When I said high intensity light I meant really high intensity light. Like a laser. You essentially got a laser disc. A disk that bisects stuff it hits and stuff around the stuff it hits with a ring of lasers. You sure you want to test that somewhere near you?

Sorry for the bad description but I don't know how exactly to say what I mean to say. Do you understand or do you want me to draw it instead?))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 13, 2013, 10:17:59 am »

((I think I understand.

Could you give me a general timescale of the time taken to create and recharge the disk? And an idea of the area-of-effect?))
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2013, 10:22:40 am »

Man, screw that.

Grab the voice by the throat and make it say something else. Something like 'Alan's the best around. Nothing will prevent him from getting up.'
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #730 on: December 13, 2013, 11:13:13 am »

((I think I understand.

Could you give me a general timescale of the time taken to create and recharge the disk? And an idea of the area-of-effect?))
Forming the disk and waiting period for forming the disk are both 15 seconds, meaning you can theoretically throw a disk every 30 seconds.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 13, 2013, 11:20:22 am »

Hm...I'll keep it. Editing post.
Sig

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 13, 2013, 11:55:41 am »

"Hey Irine. Need some help?"

Using the flames, construct a light barrier separating the ceiling of the elevator from the rest of the elevator and room.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 13, 2013, 12:06:02 pm »

Jordan was not in a good mood. He walked up to the scientist they were questioning and took out his pistol. He needed to vent a bit, and it was lucky he didn't want to kill her just yet.

"And if you don't tell us anything, well. Let's just not have that situation, shall we? Tell us everything you know and we're just going to be friendly."
Intimidate the scientists into explaining a few things. Try to push them into explaining where our objective is and what traps/enemies lay ahead.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 13, 2013, 04:50:36 pm »

You keep focusing on your flames. Even with nothing else to distract you, it's a bit hard managing such a large volume of fire. You barely notice Zach arriving.
Elemental control, fire, long range, no amount limit
((So Irine is affected by the amount of flame she's controlling now? if so then that's good to know, and I can work with it, and she has yet another grievance to add to her list. if it was just an oversight then that's totally fine too.))

Maintain my flames.
Through interface, to D: <Please do>
To Zech: <Please move the device down towards the next elevator. I don't want to break it when the fighting starts.>
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 05:57:56 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 521