Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077267 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: GWG vs Spiderdemon
« Reply #765 on: December 15, 2013, 09:50:03 pm »

((Yes, you're right, the title is bad. But how would you call a fleshy abomination with eight legs, mechanical parts and a rotary cannon. The closest thing that comes to mind is the... Heh, thanks GWG for indirectly reminding me that.))
((You misunderstand. The thing I don't like isn't the title's quality, it's the title's subject, specifically that I'm soloing a mini-boss.))

"Angel is loosing the fight against... something fleshy with huge rotary cannons. Perhaps you'd like to go help her?"
<Sure, they'll listen to an entity, but they don't think it's important when I just say it. Well, I'm bleeding now, I hope you're both happy.>
Angel is in a bit of a bad mood. Weird, huh?

Generate another disk, toss it angled as before but more successfully before retreating for better cover, releasing the armor to sprint out of the room if I can't get from the cubicle to the door without leaving cover.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 15, 2013, 10:03:55 pm »

And now Angel needed help! Isn't it fun running all over the place?

Interface, Angel: <Hold on, I'll be there in a bit.>

Move to help Angel out.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: December 15, 2013, 10:14:06 pm »

((Stuff is best stuff.))

Sofa awaaaayyyyyy!

Charge off on my trusty steed couch!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #768 on: December 16, 2013, 06:50:56 pm »

Harry Baldman & Fniff & scapheap
"Well, nothing to it, then."

Make a break for the other side. Go low, be ready to dodge.
You move perfectly. You jump low behind the console, back-flip to avoid the hole of a steel panel and finally reach the console on the other side. However, despite your perfectly executed stealth move, you still have to leave cover to enter the code to open the door on the other side. You quickly open the door and enter the storage area on the other side. In the room behind you, you can hear the turret emitting a whine and turning to face the door you just entered.

You look around the storage area, a large room filled with rows upon rows of concrete walls with reinforced vault-like metal boxes of all sizes embedded in them. Near the center, visible above the concrete walls, floating over a glowing pedestal of that white marble-like substance is what looks like a giant block of clear quartz. Various thick wires and optic cables pulsing with light are connected to the cube.
"You're looking for vault 46. No time for fannying around."
Jordan peeked through the door then rapidly reversed out of it. Not good. "Anyone feel like acting as wallpaper for the next room?" Then he watched Ike charge though. "... Huh. Well."
Watch Ike's immensely painful death and learn.
You watch Ike's perfectly executed moves and learn. You're certain you could move through the room better now.

GWG
((Yes, you're right, the title is bad. But how would you call a fleshy abomination with eight legs, mechanical parts and a rotary cannon. The closest thing that comes to mind is the... Heh, thanks GWG for indirectly reminding me that.))
((You misunderstand. The thing I don't like isn't the title's quality, it's the title's subject, specifically that I'm soloing a mini-boss.))

"Angel is loosing the fight against... something fleshy with huge rotary cannons. Perhaps you'd like to go help her?"
<Sure, they'll listen to an entity, but they don't think it's important when I just say it. Well, I'm bleeding now, I hope you're both happy.>
Angel is in a bit of a bad mood. Weird, huh?

Generate another disk, toss it angled as before but more successfully before retreating for better cover, releasing the armor to sprint out of the room if I can't get from the cubicle to the door without leaving cover.
((That was me trying to comically miss the point. Not being able to see facial expression really harms attempts at subtle humor.))

You begin forming the disk while the Abomination spins up its rotary cannons, announcing its intentions to "Firing suppression barrage..." because "Target in cover.".
The Abomination fires but it manages to hit two of the legs of the creature you're hiding behind, causing it to collapse and actually provide you better cover. A few shrapnel hit you, but the bullets that caused them landed far away. Even if you weren't armored, they would probably not cause you any harm.

While the abomination is still firing, the disk falls to your hand. You shield it with your body to prevent any stray shrapnel from hitting its edge while you wait for the barrage to stop.
When the sound of gunfire finally stops (causing you to momentarily wonder if you've gone deaf), you turn around to face the direction the sound of gunfire came from. You jerk your hand back aaaaand.... the disk slips out of your hand while you're getting it in the ready position, landing somewhere far behind you with a bang and a flash of light.
*sigh* "C'mon girl, you never played with a boomerang or a frisbee before? It's all in the wrist."
"Barrage ineffective. Executing flanking maneuver 3..."

No time to run this turn.

DAF
And now Angel needed help! Isn't it fun running all over the place?

Interface, Angel: <Hold on, I'll be there in a bit.>

Move to help Angel out.
They tell you to carry girl, you run to carry girl, they tell you to move box, you run to move box, they tell you to save girl again, you run to save girl again.
All this running around is starting to get tiring.

You're far away from Angel. It will take you a while to get there.

Toaster & Xantalos
Sofa awaaaayyyyyy!

Charge off on my trusty steed couch!
Sofaaaaa awaaaayyyyyy! Sofaaaaa awaaaayyyyyyyyyyeah! ((I'm so sorry.))

You'll reach Angel next turn. You can already hear the muffled sounds of gunfire and explosions.

Lenglon
"Hey, since you're the one watching their backs, I'm going to leave this choice to you. In about two minutes, the soldiers above will be ready to breach the doors. I could stall them, but I'd alert them to my meddling. What say you?"

((I'll be visiting relatives in Scotland for the next two weeks. Updates will become less frequent during that time.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 16, 2013, 07:09:30 pm »

"Hehe, let's do this..."
Try to copy Ike's ninja moves. If that fails, improvise ninja moves toward the door.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 16, 2013, 07:23:55 pm »

Continue moving to Angel's location. Ready my staff if need be, focus on light powers mooching off Angel's abilities.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 16, 2013, 08:45:06 pm »

((That was me trying to comically miss the point. Not being able to see facial expression really harms attempts at subtle humor.))
(So it does. I can't count the number of times people have gotten angry at me for a joke they took seriously. It's probably at least four or five times the number who got angry at me for a joke they recognized as such. :P))

"Fuzzy shoot! If you don't have anything useful to say, shut up! I'm trying to concentrate!"
(If he responds something to the effect of that he was being helpful:) "Shut up!"

Run, forming another disk. Once formed, throw it towards the monster. Either way, make for the doorway and flee.
(Retroactively?) replace the hair armor ability with some kind of escape power. Teleportation, super-speed, something. Use it to aid my escape.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 11:29:02 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 16, 2013, 09:37:39 pm »

((Oops))

Try to summon another EMP grenade if we have time before charging in.  If not, prepare to fire rocket at hostiles.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 12:03:07 pm by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #773 on: December 17, 2013, 04:13:23 am »

((@GWG: Reread the turn and noticed this. When you said release the armor, did you mean simply stop the effect or did you mean release the armor ability? Do you want a new ability?))

Edit: ((@Toaster & Xantalos: Oh, forgot to ask, any preference to what you do once you reach the room Angel is in? You're a few seconds away from entering. Do you want to stay near the door and see what's going on? Do you want to go charging in, trying to grab the Abomination's attention? Do you want to jump on the couch at the last second and let its momentum carry you forward while you shoot? Do you want to sneak around to your objective while Angel keeps the thing busy?))
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 07:29:58 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 17, 2013, 07:58:27 am »

"For some reason I'm not sure I like this room."

Listen carefully for any cowering scientists and guards. If I can't hear any signs of life, click tongue for echolocation.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: December 17, 2013, 08:07:43 am »

Perform a cavalry couch charge upon yon abomination when we enter the door!
Alan, try to pry off a contol panel or something with your plunger. If you're out of reach, shoot it with that awesome slingshot.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:28:05 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: December 17, 2013, 11:27:59 am »

((@GWG: Reread the turn and noticed this. When you said release the armor, did you mean simply stop the effect or did you mean release the armor ability? Do you want a new ability?))
[/quoe]
Hm. I had originally meant to just drop the armor, but...I'll drop the ability, the armor isn't doing me much good right now. Editing post.
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 17, 2013, 12:02:40 pm »

((I'm fine with charging in.  Do we have a "prep turn" left or should I prepare to act on it directly?

Actually, I'll put an action either way.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 17, 2013, 04:41:19 pm »

"Hehe, let's do this..."
Try to copy Ike's ninja moves. If that fails, improvise ninja moves toward the door.
Go at the same time.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #779 on: December 17, 2013, 04:45:49 pm »

"For some reason I'm not sure I like this room."

Listen carefully for any cowering scientists and guards. If I can't hear any signs of life, click tongue for echolocation.
The room is too big and complicated for you to get a complete picture and the ambient noise is making using your ears a bit difficult, but you're 99% certain there is nobody else in here with you and that if they are, then they're nowhere near you.

There is something strange here, however. As you focus your hearing you can feel the cube that is floating in the center of the room making subsonic noise and some of the vaults faintly echoing that noise. It sounds kinda nice. Rhythmic, melodic. You feel like touching the cube would be a good idea.
((I'm fine with charging in.  Do we have a "prep turn" left or should I prepare to act on it directly?

Actually, I'll put an action either way.))
((Nope, you're going in next turn, although you're a bit too far away for melee attacks. Rocket launcher is in optimal range though.))
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 521