Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076908 times)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome
« Reply #7740 on: August 29, 2018, 12:35:58 pm »

♚The Doll Prince: On the Doorstep ♚

Napoleon smiled at Svajoklis. It was not often that the Doll Prince met someone who shared a common interest with the most renowned Frenchman the early modern world had ever seen. Clearly, Napoleon has much to live up to, being pretty obscure up until now. However, he'd possessed the intellect and the will to make things happen so all is not lost.

"I do intend to make good on my word, Monseigneur Svajoklis," Napoleon answered, giving a respectful bow.

As Svajoklis inquired out loud on how best to break through a door and deal with any enemies on the other side, Napoleon rubbed his chin. Usually, the best way to go about in this situation by to use explosives, either to blow the door and surprise the ambushers with a bum-rush while they're distracted by the shrapnel and smoke or to pry the door open normally and throw in an explosive to kill and maim the enemy. However, as they were inside a huge spaceship inside what is basically a literally drowned universe. Instead, he would have to do this the old-fashioned way.

"No doubt the enemy are waiting on the other side of this door to charge anyone who open it," Napoleon finally said. "Fortunately, there is a two-pronged way to counter or at least soften up this eventuality. Here's what we can do: I will summon a detachment of combatants in front of the door while the volunteers open the door, taking care not to be in front of it when they do so, instead being off to the sides. Once the door is opened, the enemy will no doubt swarm  whoever it sees first, in this case being my detachment. They will clash with my detachment, which will hold firm, allowing the one's who'd opened the doors to either pinch the enemy group with an attach from both sides or fall back to a safer location. If everything fall into place, not only will the enemy lose the element of surprise but will lose many if not all of their numbers in a trap they rushed headlong into."

Pausing, Napoleon continued, "Of course, if the enemy decide to bid their time and let us walk into whatever trap they lay for us, allow me to see some of my combatants into the room. There, I will scout out the room for the enemy, seeing and hearing everything the scouts sense, and will either find them or blunder into their trap. This will force them to waste their efforts on expendable units that I can replenish effortlessly and the rest of my detachment can hold any who try to leave the room through this door."

Execute the plan if the others agree. If someone has a better plan, use dolls to help out.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 05:43:28 pm by Sir Elventide »

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7741 on: August 30, 2018, 02:39:13 pm »

((Sorry for the short post. My laptop has been broken and I've had to send it in for repair. I'm posting from phone.))

Continue with the Eastern Gate option. Make getting everyone out safely a priority. Their forces shouldn't be concentrating on us, as we're not the main threat to them.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7742 on: August 30, 2018, 06:31:31 pm »

((Since my first character was a boring edgelord, I present you, Straia.))
Spoiler: Crickey! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:43:13 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7743 on: August 30, 2018, 07:19:34 pm »

((Since my first character was a boring edgelord, I present
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((...I'd like to ask you for permission to write an extended backstory for this dude, keeping to the same general sort of thing. For some reason this is making my muse scream at me with ideas.
Know what, I'm gonna do it regardless, your choice whether you accept it or not of course.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7744 on: August 30, 2018, 07:28:01 pm »

((Feel free mate, I can't stop ya bloody muse.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #7745 on: August 30, 2018, 08:09:50 pm »

((More writing than I've done all day on my own project constructing an origin story for Magical Flesh Golem Steve Irwin. Muses are odd.))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2018, 08:13:46 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7746 on: September 01, 2018, 01:57:10 pm »

((Oi, that's  pretty buggering good mate, good on ya))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7747 on: September 10, 2018, 04:38:23 pm »

((Bump))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7748 on: September 10, 2018, 06:26:59 pm »

((Bump))
((chill. you've seen the size of Paris's updates. those take a long time to write up. Don't worry, Paris has never failed us, it just takes a bit for updates to come, especially when he's busy.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7749 on: September 12, 2018, 04:39:08 pm »

((Okay, also now I just realized insects are really fucking OP and will probably give SIV the best powers and attributes...Crikey!))

« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 08:38:16 pm by ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7750 on: September 13, 2018, 04:27:54 pm »

((Okay, also now I just realized insects are really fucking OP and will probably give SIV the best powers and attributes...Crikey!))

((At the cost of being susceptible to bug spray, no doubt. :P))

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7751 on: September 13, 2018, 07:26:02 pm »

((Lofting a 100 times his bodyweight is a good tradeoff  ;)))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7752 on: September 13, 2018, 07:32:18 pm »

((...That's assuming that you don't get smacked in the face by square-cube law. Smaller is better proportionally, but that does not mean that smaller is better.))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7753 on: September 13, 2018, 07:44:06 pm »

((Damn you Square Cube Law!!!))

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7754 on: September 14, 2018, 10:52:06 am »

((Damn you Square Cube Law!!!))

Of course, you can just tell physics to go [expletive] itself. If I can create a character who can call forth dolls out of thin air without requiring their equivalent in matter, then you can create your bug Aussie too!
Pages: 1 ... 515 516 [517] 518 519 ... 521