Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077368 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Treebird Season)
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2013, 11:39:23 am »

"Not so much not realizing it as giving you the benefit of the doubt. Alas, though, you are indeed a surprisingly nasty little muppet for a little girl. Insulting people you don't even know. I'm sure your mother would be proud."
"You were being mean to Irene."

"But that means you'd get considerably smaller each time, as matter does tend to turn into a crapton of energy."
"She said she can absorb environmental heat. Didn't you listen?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2013, 11:44:05 am »

Zechariah stood up and walked slightly in the direction of the conversation
"Let's keep this respectful, please. We just have to go through this and once we're done you can be on your merry way. But we don't need cracks forming before we even get to the fight, please."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2013, 11:46:59 am »

Jordan stood up and nodded to Zechariah. "Listen to the man, as he obviously knows what he's doing and has aspirations to be the leader of this group. He's a fan of being in control."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 12, 2013, 11:47:37 am »

Zechariah decided now was a good time to interject.
"The girl's right. We all are related, one way or another. Which is why we all have these different kinds of powers. Maybe not on a biological level, but there are multiple frequencies which we all tune in to. The same way."
I shudder a moment after this is said, and just kinda look away.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: An RTD (Arguing about magic and space lizards)
« Reply #154 on: November 12, 2013, 11:50:20 am »

"I'm afraid that though this may 'increase my power', I'm not going to be able to do this without a cash incentive." said Jordan, trying to keep himself calm. "Sorry, it's in my contract. I have to run a service here. American dollars, and preferably it should include the minimum, that is 500,000, and increase with all potential threats. By my estimate, I imagine this is going to run past a million. Possibly two. Otherwise, I'm afraid this competition is not for me."
The shadowy form facepalms. He falls inside his own shadow and reappears in front of you.
"Let me get this straight, you're objecting an entity that has the power to reshape the universes on the grounds that cash are better than god-like power? And you also think you have a choice in the matter?"
"Hey, like I said, my guy's got the right priorities."
"Not to mention that contracts do not work like that. A contract implies an agreement between two parties. I think you're confusing the term 'contract' with the term 'rates'."
The shadow lifts its shoulders in an 'I don't really care' sort of way.
"Anyway, I'm not responsible for that. The entity that chose you is. What do you say?"
"Sure. You can have all the money you want. You can ask for a golden palace for all I care. It's not like it costs me anything. Just remember, you're getting payed when your part in this contest ends, not a moment sooner."

"Please, keep your peace. We don't know what we're dealing with here. After all, I'm sure anyone who has the power to.. 'kidnap' us, also has the power to kill us."
Stand by, or sit on the bench labeled "Hunt."
"They're welcome to try. Question is, why would they want to?"
Sit on Hunt bench as well.
"Smart man. You should listen to him Mercenary."
You both sit on the bench labeled "Hunt". Eh, rock benches, what was that entity thinking? Those things aren't very comfortable.

Angel immediately decides to test this loophole. After a few seconds' thought, she tries to create a copy of Superman.
She also glances back at Nimue.
A wild Superman appears. "What the- Dammit! I was just about to score with Wonder Woman! Okay, which one of your asses do I have to kick to get out of here? That black smokey guy over there? Those are usually the bad guys."
"That's racist."
Well. That certainly doesn't sound like the original Superman. Maybe he's one of the other Supermans from Infinite Crisis?

Your copy is just standing there. Looking around with an expressionless face.
"...Can I have that, too? And what will we be doing?"
"Come ooon. Money is so booring. You can have anything you want as long as you do well in the games."

Head to Assault.  Make myself a grenade for the practice.
It takes you a while and you loose your concentration while imagining the device, so the results aren't exactly what you wanted. Metal pieces, wires, blasting caps, screws, rusty nails and ball bearings begin materializing in front of you and assembling themselves into something that looks a lot like a pipe bomb held together by crisscrossing screws and wire. Instead of a fuse on top of it, it has a button sitting on a small breadboard along with a chip, a buzzer, a few wires and a battery.
Well it won't clear a trench, but it might scare someone. Might even kill someone if it explodes next to him.
The grenade finishes assembling and falls into your hand. Despite the sharp metal pieces jutting out of it, it feels perfect in your hand, like it was made to be gripped by you and you alone.
You sit down on the bench labeled Assault, makeshift grenade in hand.
Suddenly a fat man child barges through, yelling OUT THE WAY I'M HUNGRY!
Head over to the Assault bench, having mistaken it for the word 'Food'. Did I mention he's illiterate?
Fatty sits down besides Demolition Man, screaming something about food. Another interesting pair is formed.

Choose the Stealth bench.
Stealth bench for you it is, sir. Would you like some salad with that?

Angel sits down on the Disguise bench, interested to see what happens.
I get up and leave the stealth bench and walk over to the disguise bench with Angel.
Secret agent Firefox and her trusty sidekick Angel get ready for some covert ops!

HUNT: Fniff: Mercenary | DarkArtemisFowl: Light Wizard
ASSAULT: Toaster: Technomancer | Xantalos: Appliancemancer
STEALTH: Harry Baldman: Big Ears | Eria: Icelizard
DISGUISE: GreatWyrmGold: Demongirl | Lenglon: Firefox

Those are the teams. EDIT: Now with a quick description of who everyone is.
If there are no objections, we'll start once I finish drawing some maps. Feel free to argue about magic and space lizards till then.

"Can you please stop arguing? You have to work together, remember? For all your sakes."
"Nooo! Don't break them off. This is so much fun!"
"Yeah, they might even start trying to hurt each other. If only we let them at it a while longer..."
"NO! I don't even know why he allows you to be here!"
"It's not against the rules. You know how he is about rules all too well, don't you?"
"I agree with mum. Fighting is bad. Playing is better!"
*sigh* "I can already tell this is going to be very... interesting."
"You're right about that, mate."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 11:57:50 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 12, 2013, 11:54:01 am »

"How does that work, though? You turn matter into energy, and it just floods out into the surrounding area all thermodynamically and whatnot. Absorb more heat, and you've basically violated the second law of thermodynamics six ways to Sunday, and that's only possible through voodoo magic. So the technobabble eventually leads on back to voodoo magic anyway, so it's pretty much pointless to begin with, no?"

"You were being mean to Irene."

"So, paying evil unto evil? Sound strategy, kid. Will solve all your troubles, yeah."

"Aren't YOU? You're from some alien universe to me, how much more alien than that can you get?"

"Oh, no. I'm not from space. I'm from the woods. You're the only one cottoning to this alternate universe schtick, really."

"Um, no?"

"Well, if you say so."

Ask the entities in the air this:

"Hey, you dudes are going to be mission control or just the debriefing and briefing guys?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 12, 2013, 11:59:50 am »

Quote from: Parisbre56
Lenglong
((I have heard that particular joke so many times.))

"How does that work, though? You turn matter into energy, and it just floods out into the surrounding area all thermodynamically and whatnot. Absorb more heat, and you've basically violated the second law of thermodynamics six ways to Sunday, and that's only possible through voodoo magic. So the technobabble eventually leads on back to voodoo magic anyway, so it's pretty much pointless to begin with, no?"
"But affinity..."
I sigh
"never mind. It doesn't really matter anyway."
I continue to look off to the side, hiding my face, sniffing occasionally.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Arguing about magic and physics)
« Reply #157 on: November 12, 2013, 12:02:45 pm »

Jordan addressed the entities with an impassive voice."I'm not really impressed by your little showroom here, I'm afraid. I've seen better examples of such things, and you can basically achieve the same effect by dosing me up with LSD and pushing me into a dark room. Besides, my contract explicitly states that any attempt to kidnap me to put me in any competitions or missions implicitly agrees that you want me for a job and thus must pay the correct rates. Anyway, I do have a choice in the matter in that I can explicitly refuse to take part and not do anything. Godlike power is overrated anyway, and I much prefer money because no-one except the IRS will be after you, unlike being a god. Now, if you wanna play big-man, that's alright, but unless you wish to kill me, which is counterproductive to your interests, I can simply refuse to take part. Unless you wish to brainwash me into compliance, but really that would be once again counterproductive since I am simply a human when you get down to it. Now, can I request an estimate of how long I'm going to have to be here? I do not wish to become a missing persons case as that would be extremely aggravating due to the police investigating, and this sort of thing isn't really worth more then two days of my time."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #158 on: November 12, 2013, 12:02:51 pm »

"Hey, you dudes are going to be mission control or just the debriefing and briefing guys?"
"We'll be able to talk to you and you'll be able to talk to us, but we won't be able to directly help you. We will give you your objectives though."
Quote from: Parisbre56
Lenglong
((I have heard that particular joke so many times.))
((So so sorry. It was an honest typo. I didn't mean to disrespect you. Fixed it.
Anyway, wouldn't the joke be "Leglong"?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 12, 2013, 12:05:52 pm »

"But affinity..."
I sigh

"Aw, don't get bent out of shape over it, reptilian overlord. I was merely making conversation while our delightful overlords wait for God only knows what to happen to throw us in the fray or whatever. You are right in that it doesn't matter at all, which was partly the point I was making with the voodoo magic angle."

Prepare for ultimate absolution!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 12, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

"But affinity..."
I sigh

"Aw, don't get bent out of shape over it, reptilian overlord. I was merely making conversation while our delightful overlords wait for God only knows what to happen to throw us in the fray or whatever. You are right in that it doesn't matter at all, which was partly the point I was making with the voodoo magic angle."

Prepare for ultimate absolution!
"Jerk. I'm not a reptile."
still don't turn to face him.
((Anyway, wouldn't the joke be "Leglong"?))
((that one happens a lot too, and back when the lord of the rings movies were new "Legolas" was particularly annoying.))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 12, 2013, 12:09:19 pm »

"You sure smell like a reptilian overlord, at any rate. They are deceptive in their looks, you see. The lizard lady over there, though, seems pretty harmless, all in all. A reptilian underling, if you will. You're the one behind the scenes, obviously."
"A underling he says, ha!" Eria shakes her head "Still, what is a 'american dollars'?"
"So, paying evil unto evil? Sound strategy, kid. Will solve all your troubles, yeah."
"I can think of one or two troubles it would fail."
"We don't even have overlords and if we did, I would be one. Mainlying because of wiping out the competition."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 12, 2013, 12:10:36 pm »

"American dollars is a type of currency."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 12, 2013, 12:11:18 pm »

Zechariah readied his staff. He was afraid he might have to defend Jordan, with how demanding he was. But he didn't have any light to create shields, magma light wasn't strong enough for his channels. The best he could do was summon some low shadows around Jordan, just in case he needed to cover him.

He appreciated the compliment also, but he did have a job to do still.

"You're getting your money, Jordan. Don't push it so far. These people will kill you without a second thought, and just kidnap someone else to place in this competition. They don't care. Just take my word and stand down."

"Excuse me, green crystal lady. May I call you Scion? And what is this... compound, that we will be attacking?"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 12, 2013, 12:12:37 pm »

"How do you know, precisely?" Jordan looked at Zechariah. "Maybe you should mind your own business while I'm proving a point."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 521