Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077272 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: An RTD (Arguing about magic and physics)
« Reply #180 on: November 12, 2013, 12:38:07 pm »

Jordan addressed the entities with an impassive voice."I'm not really impressed by your little showroom here, I'm afraid. I've seen better examples of such things, and you can basically achieve the same effect by dosing me up with LSD and pushing me into a dark room. Besides, my contract explicitly states that any attempt to kidnap me to put me in any competitions or missions implicitly agrees that you want me for a job and thus must pay the correct rates. Anyway, I do have a choice in the matter in that I can explicitly refuse to take part and not do anything. Godlike power is overrated anyway, and I much prefer money because no-one except the IRS will be after you, unlike being a god. Now, if you wanna play big-man, that's alright, but unless you wish to kill me, which is counterproductive to your interests, I can simply refuse to take part. Unless you wish to brainwash me into compliance, but really that would be once again counterproductive since I am simply a human when you get down to it. Now, can I request an estimate of how long I'm going to have to be here? I do not wish to become a missing persons case as that would be extremely aggravating due to the police investigating, and this sort of thing isn't really worth more then two days of my time."
"Aaargh! Again, that's not how Contracts work! That's how EULAs work! And unless you have one tattoo-ed on to you or somewhere else along with you when you were taken, it doesn't matter that much!"
Well done, you've managed to anger the being that controls this place and a large  chunk of the multiverse. Good thing he can't attack you here. The darkness around him starts to take on a blue hue and two blue eyes like crystals stare down at you. He is yelling now.
"Look, once we're done, I'll personally poof you back into existence right where and when you were taken from, we'll drive to your bank and I'll show you all the money you requested safely in your bank account. Is that all fucking right with you contract man?"
"My my, so angry..."
"Anger leads to the daaark siiiide. Booo!"
"Don't mistake this for weakness Mercenary. Unfortunately, while one is part of the games, only their entity is allowed to hurt them, unless there are special circumstances. And I'm certain that if you pulled this kind of bullshit on him he'd be very happy to rip you apart and use your entrails to weave a basket or something. He is only allowing this just because he likes to make me angry!"
"I don't know what you're talking about..." he says in a clearly mocking voice.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Arguing about magic and space lizards)
« Reply #181 on: November 12, 2013, 12:38:57 pm »

"Thank you, now what a currency?"
"It's a thing you can trade with people for other things."

Angel has presumably finished with her pyrokinesis, so she burns...the big-eared person who Harry Baldman is playing.
"Be nice! You're being really mean and stuff! You're hurting Irene's feelings!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2013, 12:40:22 pm »

"Somewhat. The measuring stick is made of paper and is the size of your hand. You give it to people and they give you things that are as valuable as the dollar."
"So you have paper with a value which you trade for goods and labor so the paper is self must be a good so it must have a use beyond trading unwise it's valueless like gold. So you want something from someone who need to write a lot because what else would you use paper for but to write so why not ask for the good you want in the first place?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2013, 12:43:00 pm »

"no."

"Oh. How unfortunate. That would be a neat power. What can you shapeshift into, anyway?"
"A human."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2013, 12:44:36 pm »

"You know, being a Shakespearian villain and doing an aside to the audience is all well and good, but you kinda have to understand that talking about everything you currently know is a really bad idea when the people you suspect are going to murder you are quite literally next to you. At least I limit myself to just arguing about my contract."

Jordan addressed the entities with an impassive voice."I'm not really impressed by your little showroom here, I'm afraid. I've seen better examples of such things, and you can basically achieve the same effect by dosing me up with LSD and pushing me into a dark room. Besides, my contract explicitly states that any attempt to kidnap me to put me in any competitions or missions implicitly agrees that you want me for a job and thus must pay the correct rates. Anyway, I do have a choice in the matter in that I can explicitly refuse to take part and not do anything. Godlike power is overrated anyway, and I much prefer money because no-one except the IRS will be after you, unlike being a god. Now, if you wanna play big-man, that's alright, but unless you wish to kill me, which is counterproductive to your interests, I can simply refuse to take part. Unless you wish to brainwash me into compliance, but really that would be once again counterproductive since I am simply a human when you get down to it. Now, can I request an estimate of how long I'm going to have to be here? I do not wish to become a missing persons case as that would be extremely aggravating due to the police investigating, and this sort of thing isn't really worth more then two days of my time."
"Aaargh! Again, that's not how Contracts work! That's how EULAs work! And unless you have one tattoo-ed on to you or somewhere else along with you when you were taken, it doesn't matter that much!"
Jordan decided not to reveal the tattoo he had on his chest. He smiled and nodded. |"Well then, I'm glad we came to an agreement. Sorry about the legal battle, but when you kidnap slash employ Jordan Svenson, I'm afraid that you have to pay attention to the fine print, no matter your status."

"Somewhat. The measuring stick is made of paper and is the size of your hand. You give it to people and they give you things that are as valuable as the dollar."
"So you have paper with a value which you trade for goods and labor so the paper is self must be a good so it must have a use beyond trading unwise it's valueless like gold. So you want something from someone who need to write a lot because what else would you use paper for but to write so why not ask for the good you want in the first place?"
"Well, it doesn't have a use apart from it being traded. That's what makes it so useful and thus valuable. It's valuable because it's valuable."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 12:46:45 pm by Fniff »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2013, 12:45:31 pm »

"Basically, you can trade the paper for stuff, and then that person can trade it to other people for stuff. It's useful for being fair, because everyone has the paper and knows about how much it's worth."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2013, 12:46:21 pm »

"A human."

"Cool. Anything else? Can you alter your facial structure at will, that kind of thing?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2013, 12:50:38 pm »

"A human."

"Cool. Anything else? Can you alter your facial structure at will, that kind of thing?"
"Um, I can change fully into my fox-self too, but I can't change my facial structure or anything. I'm always me. I mean, I don't have a human-face or anything when I'm a fox, but I'm always the same person when I change."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2013, 12:59:17 pm »

"Um, I can change fully into my fox-self too, but I can't change my facial structure or anything. I'm always me. I mean, I don't have a human-face or anything when I'm a fox, but I'm always the same person when I change."

"Do you have other powers as well? This one's pretty neat, even though it's a bit limited, but I'm thinking it's probably a secondary power, yes?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 12, 2013, 01:08:24 pm »

"Um, I don't really think of my shapechanging as a power or whatever. It's just a part of who I am."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 12, 2013, 01:13:13 pm »

"Like I said, they already know who I am and what I am going to do. They knew it from the moment I destroyed the Castle of Glass, Artemis' Medium. They also knew it when I destroyed the Basin and the House. It doesn't matter whether or not they hear me out loud. They just want to test me, see what I can and are willing to do. Maybe that green lady won't kill me, but I guarantee you the shadow has plans for me.

I'll shut up about it now if that makes you happy. All I ask is for your and everyone's cooperation. If we're going to do anything we have to have everyone's powers in unison."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 12, 2013, 01:14:46 pm »

"Wait, you destroyed the Castle of Glass?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 12, 2013, 01:30:30 pm »

"Yes. It was my/Artemis' Medium. It was destroyed when I used the power of Metatron (the voice of God who the Guardians, Artemis and I defeated) to seal Artemis' power away and trap him in my subconscious. He still annoys me to this day. The Basin and the House were Haextov and Danielle's Mediums, which they had to conquer themselves, but I assisted them in. There was another Medium but I cannot remember that one. I suspect that this is another one of the Mediums, except here is the source of all the games."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 12, 2013, 01:36:45 pm »

"Um, could you please explain what would have happened if you didn't do that? and why did you turn on someone you were co-operating with and seal him in your head?"

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 12, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »

"Well, Artemis was somewhat psychotic. He believed that the only way to purify the world and other worlds... Was to destroy them all, and recreate them in his own views. I couldn't let him do that to innocent people, despite the evil in the world. He wanted to kill Metatron and use his power to destroy the universe. I used the power instead to seal him away. I couldn't kill him because when. I first met him we made a contract binding his soul and mind to my soul and mind. If he dies, I die, and vice versa. However, we could switch bodies and minds. The Castle of Glass was the sign of this agreement, the crossing of our worlds, and it fell when Artemis lost his power."

"In truth,  I can't really say who was right. Apollo, Artemis, Scion, Raphael, Rachael, Katrina, Christopher, Oblivion, Suna, and Adio. We all had our own agendas, our own interpretations of good and evil.

All I'm trying to do now is protect people."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 01:46:10 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 521