Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1065109 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: An RTD (Arguing about magic and space lizards)
« Reply #195 on: November 12, 2013, 01:44:21 pm »

"Huh... Wonder who'd wanna kill you over that."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 12, 2013, 01:46:40 pm »

((Oh man, I'm already lost as hell.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 12, 2013, 01:48:35 pm »

((don't worry, the only important thing you missed is that I'm not a lizard.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 12, 2013, 01:50:48 pm »

"Well, these... beings... weren't exactly happy that we abandoned our roles as Guardians, and killed Metatron, who I assume might've been either one of them or a subordinate. Same thing with the other Medium controllers, who Haextov and Danielle and their Guardians killed also. I guess that's why I am here now. They want to make a show out of me."

((Don't worry Toaster, this is the backstory of my character.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 12, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »

"In truth,  I can't really say who was right. Apollo, Artemis, Scion, Raphael, Rachael, Katrina, Christopher, Oblivion, Suna, and Adio. We all had our own agendas, our own interpretations of good and evil.

All I'm trying to do now is protect people."
"Artemis was wrong, and you're doing stuff right."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 12, 2013, 01:54:56 pm »

Zechariah smiled. He really appreciated her compliment.
"Thanks. I hope your powers get used greatly, Angel. We're not gonna let them fool us."

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 12, 2013, 01:55:19 pm »

"Right. Right... So, what's your statement on his account?" Jordan looked at the shadow and the entities.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 12, 2013, 02:02:15 pm »

((That is open to interpretation.))
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 12, 2013, 05:08:50 pm »

((That is open to interpretation.))
((Meh, all this backstory and revelation of powers and ethics and payment discussions and suchlike are all meaningless compared to the important message here. I'm not a lizard.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 12, 2013, 08:23:11 pm »

Zechariah didn't feel that he was in immediate danger. He knew they'd save his death for last, probably. Whatever. As long as everyone else left alive and this game was over with, they could send him to hell for all he cared.

He had his staff at hand though, in case anything went awry.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: An RTD (Establishing host control. Standby...)
« Reply #205 on: November 13, 2013, 09:18:54 pm »

((If you want the quick version, just read my posts, the others are not very important. If you want the fun version on the other hand...))

((Meh, all this backstory and revelation of powers and ethics and payment discussions and suchlike are all meaningless compared to the important message here. I'm not a lizard.))
((I've got a sigpost now, so I might as well use it to collect this. In short, sigged.))

"Excuse me, green crystal lady. May I call you Scion? And what is this... compound, that we will be attacking?"
"Scion..." she seems to contemplate for a moment. Guardian. Descendant. Heir. You vaguely feel the meaning of those three words have for you more than you hear them.
"That is what I can see in your language about that word. It sounds... acceptable. Though ill fitting to truly describe a being of my magnificence."
"I also see another meaning there, special for you. I hope that your feelings for the being that shares that title with me do not cause confusion."

"As for your quest, I cannot say. He is the one responsible for this trial and he has shared nothing with me. By his description I would expect a military installation with technology from your era."
"Right. Right... So, what's your statement on his account?" Jordan looked at the shadow and the entities.

((Well, only the shadow is here. The others are voices in your head. Kinda scary if you consider the possible implications.))
The shadow looks calmer now. Too calm actually. Talk about mood swings...
"I do not know about those entities he talked about. They do not sound like one of us and he doesn't come from anywhere near a universe I control."
"You have to understand that the multiverse is a very large place, some consider it to be infinitely so. If you imagine your universe being a starting point, then there are hundreds of adjacent universes I can jump to. And each of these universes has hundreds of adjacent universes one can jump to. And those numbers further multiply in relation to the number of-"

"This is getting tedious. Can we stop with the cosmology lesson now? Some of us came here for the challenges you know."
"Anyway, despite what you might think, we are a very young race in the scale of the multiverse. I am only 5 cycles old, the oldest among my brothers and sisters. Most of us are barely a cycle old."
"Even though we have explored countless universes, we have significant influence over little more than 5000 and of those we are in complete control of no more than 500. As such, we can't know everything."

"Then again, for a mere human like you, even these small things would feel enormous if you could understand them and see how dwarfed you are besides them."
"However those entities and universes he described do sound worthy of study. Perhaps I could even work with some of them. I can see why she chose him. Maybe I will take a trip there when I have the time, so that I can see it for myself."

"It looks like we're ready. Let's begin."
"Coordinates received. Preparing for synchronization. Locating hosts..."
You can't see, you can't move, you can't speak, you can't feel your body. It's like only your thoughts exist. There is only darkness.

((Sorry for the delay, I got a bit carried away with the worldbuilding. Perhaps we'll have another mission in this universe and all that stuff I wrote will prove useful.
Heh, look at me, haven't even started the first mission and I'm talking about other missions...
Please wait while I write another post describing where you popped up and what you're currently in the middle of doing. This will take a while.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 13, 2013, 09:41:05 pm »

"I also see another meaning there, special for you. I hope that your feelings for the being that shares that title with me do not cause confusion."
((IC Worm reader?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 13, 2013, 10:00:48 pm »

"Excuse me, green crystal lady. May I call you Scion? And what is this... compound, that we will be attacking?"
"Scion..." she seems to contemplate for a moment. Guardian. Descendant. Heir. You vaguely feel the meaning of those three words have for you more than you hear them.
"That is what I can see in your language about that word. It sounds... acceptable. Though ill fitting to truly describe a being of my magnificence."

"As for your quest, I cannot say. He is the one responsible for this trial and he has shared nothing with me. By his description I would expect a military installation with technology from your era."

"No, we did not have any sort of relationship of that type, Scion and I. We were friends, and barely that too. She was much more with Apollo, the Fifth Guardian. The green crystals and your tone just remind me of her, is all."

Zechariah turned his attention to the shadow.

"Excuse me for the mistake of identification. I must have dealt with beings from another multiverse then. This is entirely different. Very well, I'll cooperate with you thus far."

Zechariah still wasn't sure though. He'd keep the benefit of the doubt, but if this was just another instance of the Medium happening in another universe, he'd have to act later. Right now he kept his priorities, though.

He let the void engulf him. It felt like he was in his own subconscious. He only hoped that Artemis wasn't here too. Or it would be hell on Earth. Again.

((By the way, the stuff I'm referencing about The Medium coincides with my RTD Roll To Medium. Not advertising, just saying that it references that RTD. Also, these two RTDs, Special People and Roll to Medium, happen around the same time too, I guess. Roll To Medium takes place sometime long after the original first four Mediums, one of which was Zechariah, who is now battling here. Haextov, Danielle, and Katherine are somewhere else.

TL;DR: Backstory references "Roll to Medium."))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 14, 2013, 03:41:47 am »

And so I'm alone again. surrounded by... nothing. or... maybe...
<Um, Stelar? can you hear me?>
I hope she's in range. This is the only way I know to talk in private.
<Are... do entities read thoughts? M-My... The... entities, of my home could, if they wanted too. I...
I'm trying to draw parallels between here and home, but...
I... I can't look for myself anymore. I don't know. If.. how... similar, the entities I know... knew, are to your people.
I'm practically blind now. I'm lost, my home is destroyed, I don't even know if my thoughts are my own and the way the world works seems so very different and all my friends are dead and I'm helpless and nobody trusts me and I'm going to have to hurt people for some reason nobody is telling me and I'M SCARED!
I'll... I'll try to stay strong for the... Games? where those other entities are watching me. I've been drawing on everything I can remember about the way that things worked back home, trying to show knowledge and grace, but I don't know anything about your people and how they're connected to my...
my...
Do... do you know my past?
Stellar?
are you there?>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 14, 2013, 03:45:37 am »

The fat man unconcernedly sits down and begins playing with a spoon that plops out of his hand. He looks like a disgusting fat version of that 'there is no spoon' kid from the Matrix.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 521