Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064856 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Who won that World War anyway?
« Reply #570 on: December 02, 2013, 10:54:49 pm »

Spawn acres of toilet paper. Double ultra plus absorbent down quilt to be safe.
To Teammates: <That... that won't work. that material is way to weak to handle the tension we need. can't you make cloth?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #571 on: December 02, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »

Through interface, to teammates and entities: <Interesting, could you tell me more about our various patrons? and could you explain how the director of this place relates to us?>
" 'Patrons'? Interesting choice of words. Anyway, that's a pretty broad question. Like asking someone 'Tell me about yourself'. Always hated those questions. What's one supposed to answer? I was born a Bond-former. Or a Parasite as some call us, although now I've become more. I'm 3 cycles old. I am a very powerful being. I am bonded to her, the one you call Stellar. I like to have fun. Is that the kind of information you want?"

"The Director... well, that's a bit harder to answer. From what I can see in this guy's mind he's supposed to be a hero of the Union. He and his team were, along with other teams, responsible for the research into special individuals, individuals like you and your friends here. And they were also responsible for many of the technologies that led the Union to victory. You saw some of the stuff he was using. I know you're from a different kind of world but even you must have noticed that that stuff were very strange compared to everything else around here. Very fragile and crude too. Replicas with no understanding of the component's inner workings or true purpose.

Now from what I saw from your contact with him, he probably has some kind of special ability himself, although I'm not sure what exactly. Some kind of enhanced senses along with weak telekinisis? If I had to guess, I'd say he is somehow related to him and to the source of those technologies. And judging from the Device you're carrying and the instructions the guy I'm using has in his head, that source is in the bottom of this facility.

Did you want to know something more specific about the Director?"

((Thanks Lenglon for that PM :X Sorry Parisbre for the late notice.
Also..checking up the character list, I guess I can't be playing another Kitsune x3 Paris: You're ok with me linking one of my ol' characters right? [Woo, I'm old enough here to say that legitimately :D]))
((Sure, just give me the character and we'll work it out. Just like I did with Lenglon.
And no need to apologize, it's not like there's some kind of rule you broke.))

((Turn later. Sleep now...))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 02, 2013, 11:08:07 pm »

Also spawn acres of duct tape.

*bzzt*
*crackle*
Ah, there we are. This is Alan's conscience speaking to the rest of his compatriots. I won't be able to help you because I am a weak and shriveled thing. But I can advise you.
Alan's an ass, but also a manchild. Use psychological weakpoints that work on toddlers and you should be fine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 03, 2013, 12:26:49 am »

Through interface, to the entity using the speakers and Stellar and nobody else: <Wait a sec, individuals like ME? There's more like me out there and these guys were looking into... us? and what kind of Bonds do you have?>

Through interface, to entities and teammates: <Actually no, I didn't know about the oddities of the director's stuff. I never closely examined it and I don't know what to expect from the tools around here, though I think they are unfamiliar to my host. What are the weapons Angel took off of him and how can we make use of them? Oh, and what is our escape plan?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 03, 2013, 02:06:41 am »

"Wasn't that the one where the Nazis won with their army of undead creatures? The ones their occultists conjured?"
"No, no, you're mistaken. The world was overrun by zombies created by the Nazi's experiments and all hopes for salvation were left on the hands of four soldiers."
"No, that happened on Mars, not Earth and it was only one soldier."

"Boy, some of these worlds are pretty screwed up, huh? What's a Nazi, anyway?"

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 03, 2013, 06:42:42 am »

"It a large bird that bully smaller birds and taste great. Not sure how one of them would create a undead, but if my 'people' can rule the world in one universe, I suppose a handless bird can summon the undead if it really tries."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #576 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:12 am »

"four soldiers"
Zechariah shifts his head a little bit in his unconscious state. At hearing something about four soldiers, he reflexively mutters something about The Medium and apple juice. He then goes back to his nightmares in the land of Artemis and Katherine.
Keep the status quo.
You hold the status quo tightly, unwilling to share it with anyone else. Kinda egoistical, don't you think?
You're in very bad shape. You're not getting up until either your friends fix you or you roll really well.

((Anything, eh?  I know what my canon will be, then.))
John looked at the war discussion with his eyebrow raised.  "This whole trip doesn't seem too unusual to me- the aftereffects of the war where I come from were taken care of by time-travelling heroes.  I take it Stalin wasn't a robot for you?"
((The Robo-Stalin thing reminds me of a book I once read. Written by Norman Spinrad, I think? Suffice to say that at some point Cyberstalin suffering from a computer virus and the LSD affected President of the USA meet in a brothel to discuss nuclear war. Hilarity ensues.))

"Wasn't that the one where the Nazis won with their army of undead creatures? The ones their occultists conjured?"
"No, no, you're mistaken. The world was overrun by zombies created by the Nazi's experiments and all hopes for salvation were left on the hands of four soldiers."
((Those are references to games. Get all three and win a pyrite star!))
"It a large bird that bully smaller birds and taste great. Not sure how one of them would create a undead, but if my 'people' can rule the world in one universe, I suppose a handless bird can summon the undead if it really tries."
"What the Lizardlady said is close on the mark. Only in that case they were people that had those birds as their emblems, among other things."

Through interface, to the entity using the speakers and Stellar and nobody else: <Wait a sec, individuals like ME? There's more like me out there and these guys were looking into... us? and what kind of Bonds do you have?>

Through interface, to entities and teammates: <Actually no, I didn't know about the oddities of the director's stuff. I never closely examined it and I don't know what to expect from the tools around here, though I think they are unfamiliar to my host. What are the weapons Angel took off of him and how can we make use of them? Oh, and what is our escape plan?>
"I meant individuals like you in a broader sense. Individuals with powerful souls. Individuals with supernatural abilities. Those kinds of things.

Our species, the Bond-formers exist in hibernation when we are born. The moment we come in the presence of someone we deem... compatible, we wake and form a link to their soul. We improve their soul, help them unlock its potential, in exchange for sharing some of its power. It's also an intimate thing. We are always connected, minds and powers always close and able to connect to one another (we can have our privacy though, if we want to). The other is our parent, our brother and our closest friend. Or our biggest tormentor, depending on their personality."

"The ball bearings are just that. Ball bearings. Metal balls with no hidden function. He was probably going to use his telekinisis or whatever ability he had to turn them into projectiles. The other thing, the one with the button, that's a bit more dangerous. It's a shield or a weapon of sorts, depending on how you look at it. It causes an explosion that leaves this plane unchanged but extends in all others. It would effectively desynchronize you from your host and cancel the effects of your abilities. The effect would continue until we were able to restore the connection. It would not be very pleasant, neither for you nor for your hosts. It's like trying to split up conjoined twins with a grenade and then reconnecting them. You could probably use it if you face anything supernatural. Just make sure to throw it away quickly after you push the button.

And about your escape plan... heh, yeah, erm... there seems to be a small problem with that. Remember when I told you this was a suicide mission? I wasn't joking when I said that. The instructions I have on this guy's mind are vague, but from what I can gather, only one of you (or more accurately, your hosts) is getting out of there safely if they complete the mission. The others would have to find alternate means of escape. So, you know, you might not want to be so helpful to Magicboy bleeding out over there, since you'll probably be competing for who gets to get out of there without facing any danger."

To John, Alan, and Jordan: <Ok, I can talk you through this, but I don't have hands so I can't help directly. first, John, take your hands and feel along his leg up to just below his groin and on the inside. there's a area you'll feel slightly more resistance at but it's still not totally firm. that is the femoral artery. press against that as hard as you can without moving his leg, it will slow the flow of blood to his leg but not stop it completely, which is exactly what we want. just keep the pressure on that spot. Alan, I need you to create a long, clean strip of cloth, these hoses won't work because they don't stretch any. Jordan, once Alan finishes making that cloth you're going to need to work with him to slip it under John's hands and tie it down at about the same pressure as John is holding it with, and that will take two pairs of hands, one for each side of John. If it's too tight then you'll stop blood flow completely and cause him to lose his leg, too loose and it won't work. I'll come over when you're done and make sure it's the right tightness. hopefully that will keep him from bleeding out. next, John, once that is done we're going to need to get him a crutch, so he can avoid putting pressure on his leg. can you handle that?>
Spawn acres of toilet paper. Double ultra plus absorbent down quilt to be safe.
You summon a single roll of that kind of ultra thin toilet paper you usually find in cheap hotels and restaurants.
Also spawn acres of duct tape.
*bzzt*
*crackle*
Ah, there we are. This is Alan's conscience speaking to the rest of his compatriots. I won't be able to help you because I am a weak and shriveled thing. But I can advise you.
Alan's an ass, but also a manchild. Use psychological weakpoints that work on toddlers and you should be fine.

((You gotta love a man that can make audio effects with his mouth...))
Nope, nothing. Looks like you're back on your streak of bad luck. You just had to summon those party hats, didn't you?
-snip-
John looked at her strangely.  "Uh... ookay."
Follow directions.
Seeing Alan's continued impotency, you decide to try your hand at summoning.
Nope, whole lot of nothing on this elevator.
Follow directions.
All your other teammates have failed. Let's see if you can do something better. You try to rip some of Zach's guard clothes to make bandages. They may not be clean and they may be soaked in blood, but it's better than nothing.
You rip his clothes. You rip ALL of his clothes, leaving him only with his underwear. Well, at least you've got all the bandages you'll need for the foreseeable future right now. And some of them are.. well, not really clean, but cleaner than the rest and not covered in blood.
"Control yourself man. Now's not the time for those kind of things."

With Irene's directions, John and Jordan manage to slow the bleeding. It's not a good job, but it's better than nothing. They've bought Zach some time, but he's getting paler, his breathing is getting shallower. He probably won't last more than 5 minutes like this.

"About 1 minute left until you reach the next level."
((Yes, all that talking only took one minute. The elevator is surrounded by an invisible time bubble made of plot and sustained by the power of the GM.))
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 08:02:47 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 03, 2013, 08:03:09 am »

MORE DUCT TAPE TO REVERSE MY BAD LUCK

((And the cycle continues :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 03, 2013, 08:41:40 am »

John frowned.  "I can't make anything organic, so no blood for him.  But didn't they say the guards would be waiting for us?"

Conjure up some cover that would stop bullets.

HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 03, 2013, 08:46:50 am »

(sniper elite v2: Can't remember sub-title,
Call of duty black op's zombie mode,
Doom(I think))
Eria look at her gun. She hadn't even done that yet.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 03, 2013, 09:01:11 am »

((Hm. Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Call of Duty's Zombie Mode, and...Doom?))
((Phooey, scapheap guessed first. But most of his guesses are different!))

Keep healing, like I tried to do last turn but you missed my post.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:25 am »

To teammates: <This is bad, I could take the extreme measure of cauterizing the wound, but my control isn't very good right now and the shock to his system might kill him even if I did it right. does anyone here have a healing ability or a way to give him some more blood?>
After looking at my teammates, and not hearing a positive response to my question:
to teammates: <I guess it's up to him then. we've done what we can.>
then return to Angel and sit down against her unburnt legs, my tails brushing them as I wait.
through interface, to teammates and entities: <So you used to be... less than you currently are. Is that true of all of you?... Also... sorry about being so accusing earlier. It's been a really bad day for me.>
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 11:05:22 am by Lenglon »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 03, 2013, 01:04:47 pm »

To teammates: <This is bad, I could take the extreme measure of cauterizing the wound, but my control isn't very good right now and the shock to his system might kill him even if I did it right. does anyone here have a healing ability or a way to give him some more blood?>
<I might be able to get one once I can move...or I might accidentally kill him...>

through interface, to teammates and entities: <So you used to be... less than you currently are. Is that true of all of you?... Also... sorry about being so accusing earlier. It's been a really bad day for me.>
<It's alright. Yeah, I guess.>
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: December 03, 2013, 01:32:47 pm »

To teammates: <Get one? what do you mean? oh, and um, I meant the Entities, if they used to be something else.>

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 03, 2013, 05:52:59 pm »

<I can switch powers. I'm trying hard to heal myself right now, though. I'll try once I can see and move and stuff.>
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 521