Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1072064 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Who won that World War anyway?
« Reply #585 on: December 03, 2013, 07:02:55 pm »

Quote from: DarkArtemisFowl: autoaction
Wake up?
Not now. Still slowly bleeding to death.

MORE DUCT TAPE TO REVERSE MY BAD LUCK
((And the cycle continues :P))
You summon a roll of transparent office tape.

John frowned.  "I can't make anything organic, so no blood for him.  But didn't they say the guards would be waiting for us?"
Conjure up some cover that would stop bullets.
Your ability is refusing to summon things right now. Please try again later.
You could move some of those boxes though. Do you want to retcon it to you having done that?

((Those are references to games. Get all three and win a pyrite star!))
(sniper elite v2: Can't remember sub-title,
Call of duty black op's zombie mode,
Doom(I think))
Eria look at her gun. She hadn't even done that yet.
((I guess sniper elite could also fit. It was a vague reference on my part. Here's your star: *))
It's an old Makarov with a silencer and an 8-round magazine.

((Those are references to games. Get all three and win a pyrite star!))
((Hm. Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Call of Duty's Zombie Mode, and...Doom?))
((Phooey, scapheap guessed first. But most of his guesses are different!))
Keep healing, like I tried to do last turn but you missed my post.
((You got it, here's your star: *))
Your two powers work together to grant you regeneration. Unless you do something stupid, you'll keep regenerating. The way I'm doing this is I have a bunch of counters in a text file and I update them every time I do a turn, so no reason to worry.
By the way, you are stable (that means not dying) and you can move. It's just that your eyes, ears and arms are damaged and you're a bit sensitive in your upper body. Try not to get in the path of any bullets.

then return to Angel and sit down against her unburnt legs, my tails brushing them as I wait.
through interface, to teammates and entities: <So you used to be... less than you currently are. Is that true of all of you?... Also... sorry about being so accusing earlier. It's been a really bad day for me.>
The entity growls, which comes off very strange. He's using the body and thus the voice of a human and humans don't usually growl. "I would prefer a different choice of words. But yes, we... aren't really something else, we've... it's hard to explain in a few words. We are who we were and yet we have also gradually become more. You can ask one of the others to explain when we have more time, perhaps they can do a better job. Those metaphysical things kinda bore me anyway. But right now we've run out of time and you've got a challenge to complete.

And don't worry. Most of us are used to being accused. Comes with the job. Or maybe some of us are just assholes, who knows? I lived as a human for some time in Earth-5, so I can sort of see why they get a bit uppity sometimes. Of course, you're more than a mere human, so perhaps you've also- Oh, I'm rambling again. Waiting in this human is kinda boring, those guys above you are barely making an effort worth my time, haven't even understood I'm in their system yet, so I get chatty. We'll talk when there's more time.

I'll tell the others to relay any info I give them since I still have limited access down here and you're still missing your earpiece."

The elevator begins slowing down and you can see the doors of the next level emerging.
"Okay, get ready..."

If there was something you wanted to do and you didn't get the time for because I was posting too quickly or because you had misunderstood something, tell me and I'll retcon it. Otherwise, if there aren't any questions or objections, we'll continue on with the next level. As much as I enjoy giving you (mostly Lenglon. Thanks Lenglon!) some of the backstory I have, we're here to play a game and hopefully have some of you die horribly.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: December 03, 2013, 07:28:33 pm »

"Well, time for more excitement..."
Duck to the side of the elevator door with my pistol, then peek out the side. If there's any enemies, kill them. If there aren't, examine the room.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: December 03, 2013, 07:49:24 pm »

A view into the madness that is Zechariah's mind, if you will, and the two people he either hates with a passion or cares about very deeply.

Let my body do it's internal repairs. At least until I need to wake up. Until then, dream on about Artemis and Katherine and apple juice.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:53:15 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: December 03, 2013, 07:51:59 pm »

By the way, you are stable (that means not dying) and you can move. It's just that your eyes, ears and arms are damaged and you're a bit sensitive in your upper body. Try not to get in the path of any bullets.
((Dammit. Still blind.))

Keep healing. Try to get my sight and hearing back or, failing that, find someone big to lead me in the right direction.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: December 03, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

John frowned.  "I can't make anything organic, so no blood for him.  But didn't they say the guards would be waiting for us?"
Conjure up some cover that would stop bullets.
Your ability is refusing to summon things right now. Please try again later.
You could move some of those boxes though. Do you want to retcon it to you having done that?

((Sure.))

John crouched behind the boxes.  He was ready.

Take cover and prepare to open fire on all hostile targets.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: December 03, 2013, 09:59:04 pm »

Tape people's wounds shut.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: December 04, 2013, 02:38:16 am »

lie down behind/beside Angel and wait, letting my tails brush against her side where she isn't burnt.
through interface, to entities and teammates: <Final question, will we pass through here again or shall I torch the place behind us, slowing pursuit?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: December 04, 2013, 07:53:40 am »

The service ladder's still here, right? Grab onto that before we reach the floor we're supposed to be on.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Xantalos was right
« Reply #593 on: December 04, 2013, 08:32:52 pm »

Quote from: scapheap: autoaction
Hide
You find a place to take cover.
"Well, time for more excitement..."
Duck to the side of the elevator door with my pistol, then peek out the side. If there's any enemies, kill them. If there aren't, examine the room.
You get in cover near one of the doors and get ready.
((Sure.))

John crouched behind the boxes.  He was ready.

Take cover and prepare to open fire on all hostile targets.
After some pushing you make a wall out of the wooden boxes that are light enough for you to move and make sure the injured are behind it.
You take cover behind the boxes and get ready.
The service ladder's still here, right? Grab onto that before we reach the floor we're supposed to be on.
You use the ladder to get higher, get in cover and get ready.

[...]

Let my body do it's internal repairs. At least until I need to wake up. Until then, dream on about Artemis and Katherine and apple juice.
You remain unconscious.
This unconscious thing is like being in jail in Monopoly, isn't it? All the others are doing stuff and you're just rolling to see when you get to act again.
Tape people's wounds shut.
You have the brilliant idea to use transparent office tape to treat Zach's wounds, without having any prior medical experience, while suffering from a streak of bad luck. Clearly, CLEARLY a great idea that will result in no harm whatsoever.
Huh, look at that. Looks like you DO accumulate good luck. Displaying top notch medical skills and improvisation techniques previously thought to be attainable only by MacGyver, you somehow manage to use the tape to stop Zach's bleeding.
And I was beginning to think he was going to die for sure.
That's not to say he's in a good shape. He's still unconscious and at his state even looking at him the wrong way might kill him.
"Wow, I did not expect that."
"Well done mate! Knew you had it in ya. You had to stop sucking sometime!"

Quote from: GreatWyrmGold: autoaction
Stay where I am and keep regenerating.
You do that. Your vision is getting better. You can make out shapes and colors now. You should be completely healed soon.
The fox is standing next to you, gently brushing her tails against your side.
lie down behind/beside Angel and wait, letting my tails brush against her side where she isn't burnt.
through interface, to entities and teammates: <Final question, will we pass through here again or shall I torch the place behind us, slowing pursuit?>
You lie down on the metal floor of the elevator besides Angel, gently brushing your tails against her side. She's looking better. Her head and upper body are still a bit damaged from the punishment they received, flesh still red and missing on some places, but it's continuously being repaired and replaced.
"I'm keeping the door up there closed and it's reinforced to prevent people from forcing it open, so it should be a while before anyone from up there comes down here. But sure, go bananas, burn everything, you won't be coming back this way anytime soon. And if you do come back this way, a burnt elevator would be the least of your problems."

The elevator stops with a hiss and its enormous metal doors begin to open slowly, revealing what lies beyond. Very very VERY slowly.
"The incredibly slow and boring elevator has incredibly slow and boring doors. How surprising." says the entity in frustration.
For Jordan, John and Ike who are standing in cover and are ready to engage, it's a bit anticlimactic. Beyond the elevator lies a long concrete hallway with rails on the ceiling for those winch-like cranes, not unlike the one on the floor above, except for the fact that it's colder and damper down here.
At the far end of the hallway, a great distance away, you can see the doors of another elevator, partially obscured by those wooden boxes that seem to be everywhere. You can catch glimpses of civilians and guards, the doors already close to closing. One of the guards shoots a few rounds of his Assault Rifle rifle at your general direction a few moments before the doors close, more intent on intimidation then actually hurting you at this distance.
"Well, less guards for you to fight."
"Intruder alert. Lockdown procedures initiated. All personnel, please follow your superiors and evacuate immediately." says a female voice from unseen speakers, oddly calm despite the content of her message.
There are a few metal doors on either side of the hallway, two large ones with smaller doors built into them standing out.
"Two objectives on this level, Biolabs and Energetic Material Testing. Large door on the left is the first, large door on the right is the second. Make your pick and go, two teams, two doors. You don't have all night."
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:00:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: December 04, 2013, 08:41:30 pm »

((I had an action...))
Keep healing. Try to get my sight and hearing back or, failing that, find someone big to lead me in the right direction.
((Thankfully, it was pretty much what you had me do.))

Stand up, finish healing. Try to stay out of the line of fire.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: December 04, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »

To Teammates: <I'll guard our wounded, call for me if you need backup and I'll come running.>
Remain beside Angel and Zach, torch anyone that tries to attack us.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: December 04, 2013, 09:46:20 pm »

Wake up, lest Artemis torture me more.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 09:49:22 pm by DarkArtemisFowl »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: December 04, 2013, 09:52:39 pm »

John stood up.  "There's three of us down, that leaves five.  Alan, you and I are best armed.  How about we go left and you other three go right?"

Assuming no objections, grab Alan and go Left to Biolabs.  Go in and shoot opposition.  Use breaching charge if door is locked.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: December 05, 2013, 12:03:55 am »

Huh. Well, climb on down and get out of the elevator. Survey the area with sight, then hearing, then sense of smell.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: December 05, 2013, 12:09:24 am »

John stood up.  "There's three of us down, that leaves five.  Alan, you and I are best armed.  How about we go left and you other three go right?"

Assuming no objections, grab Alan and go Left to Biolabs.  Go in and shoot opposition.  Use breaching charge if door is locked.
ALL RIGHT!

Go shoot the bad people with the guy.

((What was that about gambler's fallacy, GWG? I couldn't hear you over my theory working :P))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 521