Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1065238 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: GWG vs Mini-boss
« Reply #750 on: December 15, 2013, 12:55:42 am »

((Or cats.  Summon lots of cats.))

John struggles to get out of his suit.  He hoped he didn't just pump his own blood over or anything- he probably would have just left him, then.  Oh well.

"Come on, let's go!"

Desuit and get to the objective!  Bring the suit if feasible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: December 15, 2013, 01:35:43 am »

Through interface, to D: <How are the others doing?>
Manage my fires
To Zech: <Um, please? I'm worried the device will break if we leave it here. Could you move it to the other elevator?>
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 07:08:50 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: December 15, 2013, 02:44:52 am »

"Hey, don't worry, good sir! We're all friends here right now. And like I said, you're off the hook. Now, unless you have any useful keys on you, in which case you should hand them to me, scoot, will you?"

Inform scientific serfs of this. If offered keys, take them. Then check the door we're supposed to go into. Is it unlocked?

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 15, 2013, 03:55:15 am »

Drop the woman I'm holding
"Leave." Point the door that we came through
"Shall we go?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #754 on: December 15, 2013, 07:04:23 am »

"Hey, don't worry, good sir! We're all friends here right now. And like I said, you're off the hook. Now, unless you have any useful keys on you, in which case you should hand them to me, scoot, will you?"

Inform scientific serfs of this. If offered keys, take them. Then check the door we're supposed to go into. Is it unlocked?
"I can give you my passcode, but I don't know how good it will do. It's 72-74-72-73-56." says the man.

The door is indeed locked, as indicated by the red light over it. Luckily, through blind luck very good interrogation skills, Irene has obtained the Director's passcode which seems capable of opening everything in this place and has given that code to all of you. So the locked door shouldn't be much of a problem.
Drop the woman I'm holding
"Leave." Point the door that we came through
"Shall we go?"
The man helps his friend stand up after Eria lets her go. They both start walking fast towards the exit.

aattss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 15, 2013, 08:37:47 am »

So, is there a waitlist, or can I post my app and be in the next round, or something?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 15, 2013, 08:42:04 am »

"Well, let's go."

Open zis door! Look inside. Be ready to dodge back out.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: December 15, 2013, 10:33:32 am »

((I'm the only person who thinks I'll win, one guy thinks I'll be killed by another teammate, and three guys want to see Alan/Xantalos get eaten by a couch.
...Okay, who's planning to kill me?))

((Cats aren't objects.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #758 on: December 15, 2013, 12:07:02 pm »

So, is there a waitlist, or can I post my app and be in the next round, or something?
Just give me your app and we'll work the rest out. Got any questions?
We're in the middle of a mission right now, so if you want in on the action, you'll have to wait for a while.

((I'm the only person who thinks I'll win, one guy thinks I'll be killed by another teammate, and three guys want to see Alan/Xantalos get eaten by a couch.
...Okay, who's planning to kill me?))
((Besides me? Closest ones are Alan and John, the dynamic duo.))
((Cats aren't objects.))
((Well, you can't blame him for mistaking them as such. They practically sleep all day.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 15, 2013, 12:41:56 pm »

Zechariah groaned. He was just adding to the fire that Artemis could launch at him whenever he was pulled back to the land of dreams. The knock didn't hurt him too much, considering that he had headaches 24/7.

Interface, Irine: <Hm? Oh. Yeah, I will get to it, thank you.>

Pick myself up, and the staff, and get to the device, moving it to where Irine instructed.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: GWG vs Spiderdemon
« Reply #760 on: December 15, 2013, 12:58:46 pm »

GWG
I don't like that title.

<Guys! There's a weird cyborg monster down here!>

Throw a disk at it, trying to get it angled so it doesn't hit me but does hit it, before sprinting for the nearest cover. Also mind-utter any curse words somehow present in my five-year-old mind's storage.
((Yes, you're right, the title is bad. But how would you call a fleshy abomination with eight legs, mechanical parts and a rotary cannon. The closest thing that comes to mind is the... Heh, thanks GWG for indirectly reminding me that.))

"Hey now, no need to resort to name calling."
You begin summoning a disk, a black thing forming in your hands. Meanwhile the Abomination says "Enemy located. Eliminating..." and turns its rotary cannons to face you.
"Just because something looks odd and is trying to kill you doesn't mean it's a monster."
The disk forms completely and falls into your hand, a perfectly circular dark thing with white light escaping from its edge, surprisingly cool and smooth to the touch. With the whine of electrical motors, the rotary cannons start spinning.
"I mean really, you humans, so insensitive."
You throw the disc aaaaand... it goes wide. Looks like you misjudged its weight. You don't stand around to see what exactly will happen to the disk, the ominous whine of the rotary cannons reminding you that standing around is probably not the best use of your time.
You start running towards a nearby cubicle, the only thing resembling cover around here besides the two exits. Merely a couple of seconds later, you hear a loud bang, you see a line of slightly molten plastic appear on the floor in front of you and you feel a concussive blast pushing from behind, causing you to stumble and fall to the ground.
The bang is immediately followed by the buzzing of the rotary gun firing. Time seems to slow down as you feel the tremble of high explosive bullets striking ever closer to you, followed by pain in your upper right leg.
You get up and keep running, adrenaline masking the pain, not wasting a second to look behind you. You reach the cubicle and pass through the cloth divider. Your heart sinks for a moment when you see a similar creature in here, but it passes when you realize this one isn't reacting to you for whatever reason, despite the fact that you can see its small yellow veins pulsating in the contrast of its pale white flesh.
You hide behind one of its thick legs, hoping it will protect you, and inspect the damage to your leg. It looks bad. The armor has caught most of the shrapnel but some have gone through, penetrating your flesh on your upper right leg and resulting in moderate bleeding. Luckily you weren't hit directly, or you'd be missing a leg right now.
"Vibration caused targeting error. Recalibrating..." announces the Abomination after its rotary cannons spin down.
"Good thing it's still in debug mode, eh?"

Toaster & Xantalos
Summon a sentient couch with wheels to transport me around.
You get a normal sofa with a skeleton made of lightweight metal and covered in sturdy red cloth. It lacks pillows, making it look rather uncomfortable. It stands on a pallet jack, labeled with various ideograms and numbers.
John struggles to get out of his suit.  He hoped he didn't just pump his own blood over or anything- he probably would have just left him, then.  Oh well.
"Come on, let's go!"
Desuit and get to the objective!  Bring the suit if feasible.
You get out of the suit, with a lot of effort. That thing is nearly skintight and doesn't seem to have any zippers, latches or quick release buttons. And you're pretty sure you felt something pinching you in the arms and head as you were removing it.
The suit is large and heavy, so running with it is going to be a bit of a trouble. Luckily, Alan has summoned that pallet jack you could use to carry it. You just have to get the sofa off and-
"Angel is loosing the fight against... something fleshy with huge rotary cannons. Perhaps you'd like to go help her?"
Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
You start heading towards the room Angel is in through the hallway filled with strange things growing in vats filled with glowing liquid. You carry the suit with the sofa/pallet jack, thus not wasting any speed. You'll get there in 1-2 turns.

((Ignore the Stuff part above if you think it doesn't fit with how you imagine your characters. I just found it amusing to write.))

scapheap & Fniff & Harry Baldman
"Well, let's go."

Open zis door! Look inside. Be ready to dodge back out.
You open the door with the Director's code and take a quick peek inside.
It looks like an exact replica of the room you're in, complete with the consoles and large piece of marble-like thing. The only difference is that this one lacks those things that trapped Jordan and turned his face red. It also has a few obstacles of varying materials (metal, concrete, ballistic gel, etc.), some of them cut in half or with holes of varying sizes melted in them. Finally, there's the turret the scientists were talking about and the door leading to its control room, both at the side of the room opposite to the one you're in. The turret looks more like the top half of a hamburger made of black metal and white plastic and painted in yellow stripes, that has then been mounted on a rotating stick, than an actual tank turret. It has one large and two smaller glowing holes in it.
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
The door you must go through is opposite to the one you're looking through.

Lenglon & DAF
Through interface, to D: <How are the others doing?>
Manage my fires
To Zech: <Um, please? I'm worried the device will break if we leave it here. Could you move it to the other elevator?>
"Oh, same old, same old. My guy and his gang are trying to sneak past a prototype tank turret, Angel is losing a fight with a Spiderdemon, Alan and John are riding around in a couch... The usual."
You continue managing your light show. When are those soldiers going to come? All this waiting is getting boring...
Zechariah groaned. He was just adding to the fire that Artemis could launch at him whenever he was pulled back to the land of dreams. The knock didn't hurt him too much, considering that he had headaches 24/7.

Interface, Irine: <Hm? Oh. Yeah, I will get to it, thank you.>

Pick myself up, and the staff, and get to the device, moving it to where Irine instructed.
You use the trolley the device is on to move it closer to the other elevator, making sure to keep your distance from Irene's balls of fire.
You wonder if you should push the button to call it while you're there. On one hand, it means that you'll leave this level faster. On the other hand, you can't be sure about what will come up along with it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: December 15, 2013, 01:06:52 pm »

"Well, nothing to it, then."

Make a break for the other side. Go low, be ready to dodge.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 01:24:23 pm by Harry Baldman »

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: December 15, 2013, 01:11:17 pm »

Jordan peeked through the door then rapidly reversed out of it. Not good. "Anyone feel like acting as wallpaper for the next room?" Then he watched Ike charge though. "... Huh. Well."
Watch Ike's immensely painful death and learn.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 15, 2013, 01:24:40 pm »

((The "stuff" is good enough to keep, I say!

Now what am I carrying?  I can't recall, but I think I made an EMP grenade at some point.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #764 on: December 15, 2013, 01:34:32 pm »

((The "stuff" is good enough to keep, I say!

Now what am I carrying?  I can't recall, but I think I made an EMP grenade at some point.))
((You got a very fancy toy grenade out of that. You do have an incendiary rocket inside a rocket launcher, a small lump of plastic explosives and three pencil detonators (good for breaching 2-3 doors), a Kalashnikov and a silenced pistol both with full or nearly full clips. You've also got that medical suit. You could also try summoning something on the way there.))
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 521