Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076227 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: GWG vs Spiderdemon
« Reply #780 on: December 17, 2013, 10:26:05 pm »

Through interface, to D: <Don't alert them, I can stall from here.>
continue to maintain the wall of fire blocking descent down the elevator shaft and the orbs of fire circling me, ready to be used to finish off anyone that makes it through.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:11 pm »

((Fixed my post to include a ranged attack if I'm out of reach.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: December 17, 2013, 10:29:39 pm »

((Fixed my post to include a ranged attack if I'm out of reach.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: December 18, 2013, 07:05:10 am »

"Aha! My common sense is tingling!"

Don't touch the goddamn cube. Look for vault 46. Be stealthy and careful.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Couch Cavalary Assault
« Reply #784 on: December 18, 2013, 01:50:44 pm »

Fniff & scapheap
"Hehe, let's do this..."
Try to copy Ike's ninja moves. If that fails, improvise ninja moves toward the door.
"Hehe, let's do this..."
Try to copy Ike's ninja moves. If that fails, improvise ninja moves toward the door.
Go at the same time.
Eria and Jordan both stealthily move towards the door Ike went through, Jordan moving with a bit more skill than Eria.
They're about halfway there, crouching low behind a half melted panel when the buzzing of an alarm is heard. A second later, the air shimmers near the door. A circular area of the wall on the right of the door, about half a meter in diameter, glows white hot and instantly melts, the concrete and metal shielding behind it soon following suit. The destruction continues towards the right, forming a horizontal line of molten and blackened metal in the wall.

A moment after the beam hits the wall, you realize that incineration isn't the biggest danger in this situation. The worst thing about this situation is the fact that through the hole in the wall you can see... things. Strange things. Shadow and light and silvery geometric shapes and lightning and other multicolored things that would be best described as psychedelic fire. And some of those things are growing. Fast.
"Oh dear."
Looks like whoever is operating that turret is either too uncaring, too stupid or too smart for their (and your) own good.

Harry Baldman
"Aha! My common sense is tingling!"

Don't touch the goddamn cube. Look for vault 46. Be stealthy and careful.
You think about touching the cube but tell yourself that you have a job to do now and that you'll have time to touch the cube later. You quickly move forward, scanning the vaults for the one labeled 46. By the time you reach it, the place you were standing when you entered the room and the vaults around it are being melted by something in the other room, presumably the turret.

You reach inside the vault and retrieve an orange plastic canister from a small lake of paperwork. It is about the size of your hand and surprisingly heavy.

Behind you, near the door, strange effects begin appearing. They're made stranger still by how they effect your echolocation, making space sound so twisted and full of holes that you can't tell what's going on back there.
Not that your eyes are much better in that regard. It looks like magic is having a high energy tea party over there and all the angry, quick-tempered forces of the universe are invited. And someone is about to mention they've run out of cookies.
"Good job. Now I suggest you take cover."

Continue moving to Angel's location. Ready my staff if need be, focus on light powers mooching off Angel's abilities.
You continue to run, mentally asking yourself "Are we there yet?" along the way.

GWG
"Fuzzy shoot! If you don't have anything useful to say, shut up! I'm trying to concentrate!"
(If he responds something to the effect of that he was being helpful:) "Shut up!"

Run, forming another disk. Once formed, throw it towards the monster. Either way, make for the doorway and flee.
(Retroactively?) replace the hair armor ability with some kind of escape power. Teleportation, super-speed, something. Use it to aid my escape.
You gain the ability to aim better. Your hair are detached from the armor and return to normal. The armor becomes more flexible and at the same time begins flaking away. It should fall off of you in a few seconds.
You run towards the exit as fast as you can, trying to form a disk at the same time. Your injury isn't helping.
As you run, you hear a thump and then the whoosh sound of an object moving at high speed, rising in intensity. You fail to react on time.

What happens next lasts only seconds, but to you it seems way longer. You feel yourself being pressed down from behind by an incredible force. As your chest reaches the floor, you can see thick white legs landing around you. You feel your chest being destroyed, at least for the few seconds the nerves are intact enough to transmit the pain signals to your brain.
"Desynchronization imminent."
Your mind continues operating for a few more hundreds of milliseconds, allowing you to experience what happens next. Your eyes are watching at an odd angle, since your neck has been broken and your head is being held upright by the skin the Abomination's leg is pulling. You see the almost formed disk awkwardly fly off your hand and hit one of the Abomination's legs with its edge. The edge of the disk bursts and retracts like a bubble in slow motion, revealing bright light inside. It looks like a sandwich with black hole for bread and sun for filling. The light expands outwards, forming a larger disk of air-turned-plasma, standing parallel to the floor. The leg is cut and melted releasing a yellowish vapor, other nearby legs and the plastic floor soon following. As the disk fully deforms, the black bits dissipating, your vision is becoming blurrier. Your face is being melted. The finishing blow is given by the expanding bubble of distorted air that approaches you, the shockwave caused by the expanding superheated air destroying what remains of your sensitive human body.
Your return to the void with only thoughts and no body, blissfully relieved from the pain, however short it was.
Desynchronized. Attempting to reconnect...
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

Toaster & Xantalos
((Oops))

Try to summon another EMP grenade if we have time before charging in.  If not, prepare to fire rocket at hostiles.
Perform a cavalry couch charge upon yon abomination when we enter the door!
Alan, try to pry off a contol panel or something with your plunger. If you're out of reach, shoot it with that awesome slingshot.

Let's have you retroactively summon that EMP grenade... nope. Not summoned. Looks like it's just the rocket launcher for you. You do get a radio for your couch-mobile though.

John gives the couch a mighty pull and then jumps on it, letting the momentum and the pallet jack's well oiled wheels carry them forward through the doorway.
They come through the doorway just in time to see Angel running, only for a pale eight-legged cybercreature to jump on top of her and crush her with one of its legs, shortly followed by a flash of light and an explosion that cuts most of the creature's legs, causing it to fall.
"Damage to locomotive system sustained. Compensating..." announces the creature. The tubes pumping it with yellow liquid empty near the legs and they begin regenerating.
John aims with the rocket launcher, pushes the trigger aaaaand... nothing happens. He clicks the trigger a few more times but still nothing happens.
Meanwhile, Alan attempts to use his slingshot against a tank. Cause that's totally going to work. It's all there in the bible, right?
Not only is he unable to hit the Abomination, he somehow manages to hit himself in the chest. He falls down on the sofa, thrashing from the pain.
"Enemy vehicle located. Eliminating..." continues the creature as it turns its rotary cannons to face you while spinning them up.
Frustrated, John applies some percussive maintenance (bangs the rocket launcher to the metal frame of the couch) and hears a click. He takes aim once more, clicks the trigger and the rocket launches. It flies good, heading straight for the barely mobile Abomination.
The rocket embeds itself in what could be considered the creature's torso, a sphere of pale flesh from which all its appendages come from. It detonates a second later, igniting the creature and spraying its burning flesh and yellow blood everywhere. The creature thrashes around for a few more seconds before going still.

The sofa continues on towards the burning remains of the Abomination, much slower now.
"Stylish. Come on, you've got to say a one liner now."

Lenglon
Through interface, to D: <Don't alert them, I can stall from here.>
continue to maintain the wall of fire blocking descent down the elevator shaft and the orbs of fire circling me, ready to be used to finish off anyone that makes it through.
"Your choice. I'm just the voice with the Internet connection here, you're the players. Just be careful. I'm counting at least 20 guys with heavy armor, rocket launchers, grenades of various types, machine guns, the whole 9 yards."
The prepareification continuefies. 

Everyone
"Player 7 desynchronized."
Everyone except GWG
"Looks like the Demongirl just bit it. Crushed by a spiderdemon and incinerated by one of her own grenades and then crushed by the spiderdemon (again) and then incinerated (again) by John's rocket. Some days the multiverse just hates your guts, eh?"

((Lots of things happening this turn. So many rolls, feels like I've been writing it forever.
Made it a bit longer for Toaster and Xan to conclude the fight since I won't post so often for two weeks starting tomorrow and I wanted to conclude at least one fight, if possible.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: December 18, 2013, 01:55:40 pm »

"Toasty."

Secure the objective!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: December 18, 2013, 01:58:18 pm »

It looks like that issue's been...

Summon sunglasses and put them on.

Couched.

Alan doesn't seem to realize that that doesn't make sense.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: December 18, 2013, 03:22:07 pm »

"God damn it, you guys. Now you've gone and broken reality. I mean, shit. Really? Eh, well... I guess I forgive you, though. You guys are kinda cool. Especially you, secret hitman dude."

Put a whole lot of distance between self and rapidly expanding anomaly of magical terror. Search for something that might disable that turret. Listen carefully for people around the area.

"Say, do any of you voices know what that is? Or what that cube does? Nothing good is what I think, but I'm not about to discount alternate perspectives."
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 08:22:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: December 18, 2013, 03:26:20 pm »

Through interface, to D: <I... I think my host knows what those are. those... those don't do any good against my wall of fire, right? Do they have anything that will cause me problems?>
Hold position, wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: December 18, 2013, 05:10:02 pm »

Zechariah stopped running. The first casualty of the game was the same person he had just tried to save earlier.
No emotions now, Zechariah, Artemis taunted in his head. You still have a job to do. Or are you just going to let everyone down, just like you did with US? WITH THE GUARDIANS?

Shut up Artemis. Let me do my work.

Interface, Irine: <I'm... I'm heading back...>

Head back to Irine now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: December 18, 2013, 05:44:26 pm »

Um. That sucks.

Say, why did I get enhanced aim and not anything useful?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: December 18, 2013, 05:45:32 pm »

"Oh for, why would you even have a reality breaking device? Thank you, Soviet Russia, for not knowing when to let up! Ike, anything on the other side that can disable this thing? Perhaps the operating device or the operator himself?"

Wait for response.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 06:00:04 pm by Fniff »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:49 am »

"Oh for, why would you even have a reality breaking device? Thank you, Soviet Russia, for not knowing when to let up! Ike, anything on the other side that can disable this thing? Perhaps the operating device or the operator himself?"

"I dunno. Better look, I guess!"

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: December 19, 2013, 08:30:09 am »

"Make it quick, or we're all stuck!"
Try to retreat to the previous room to avoid the horrible reality distortion.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: December 19, 2013, 08:50:52 am »

"Should I freeze the opening?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 521