Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1088362 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Robo-Tango
« Reply #1170 on: January 23, 2014, 05:57:41 pm »

"See you when I see you."
Go to whatever door is most likely the exit very, very quickly. Wait until they're done, then open the door and face whatever I have to face.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 06:15:32 pm by Fniff »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 23, 2014, 06:00:25 pm »

Through interface, to teammates: <Help please? I can't lift the spike we need to stab the heart with.>
Wait for help
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 02:06:08 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 23, 2014, 06:01:23 pm »

Through interface, to teammates: <Help please? I can't lift the spike we need to stab the heart with.>

<No worries. I'll help.>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1173 on: January 23, 2014, 06:13:05 pm »

Go to the door very, very quickly. Wait until they're done, then open the door and face whatever I have to face.
Door? Which door?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 23, 2014, 11:52:33 pm »

"Interesting. How is it harvested?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: January 24, 2014, 01:17:22 am »

Zechariah's eyes glow a bit brighter, his interest piqued at this moment.
"Ah, alright. Fair trade, so I guess I'll say a little of my background. I.. kinda already told you the direct reason I was thrown into another multiverse during my bipolar rant. During my other life, however, I was - and still am - a "Medium" - think of a demigod who connects different dimensions together. There are other Mediums and a separate form called a "Guardian," but I was the first Medium, and the de facto leader of all of the Guardians and Mediums. I made a deal with both my alter-ego and a god in order to fight off the Shadow for my friends. In return, however, I essentially.. lost my human soul. Which is why I'm here. Anything in particular you would like to know about my other life?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 24, 2014, 09:54:41 am »

"Ah, alright. Fair trade, so I guess I'll say a little of my background. I.. kinda already told you the direct reason I was thrown into another multiverse during my bipolar rant. During my other life, however, I was - and still am - a "Medium" - think of a demigod who connects different dimensions together. There are other Mediums and a separate form called a "Guardian," but I was the first Medium, and the de facto leader of all of the Guardians and Mediums. I made a deal with both my alter-ego and a god in order to fight off the Shadow for my friends. In return, however, I essentially.. lost my human soul. Which is why I'm here. Anything in particular you would like to know about my other life?"
((Isn't the plural of "medium" "media"?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 24, 2014, 10:14:33 am »

((Yes, but this is referring the a different type of the noun "Medium," as if it were another word. In this case, they [Zechariah] refer to themselves as "Mediums."))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 24, 2014, 10:16:42 am »

"Arr."

John looks around.  Anyway...

Save program for later.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 24, 2014, 11:06:34 am »

((Yes, but this is referring the a different type of the noun "Medium," as if it were another word. In this case, they [Zechariah] refer to themselves as "Mediums."))
((It's still the same word. Sound is transmitted through the medium of air, the spirits or whatever have their power transmitted through the Media.))
Sig

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1180 on: January 24, 2014, 11:32:46 am »

Go to whatever door is most likely the exit very, very quickly. Wait until they're done, then open the door and face whatever I have to face.
Again, which door?
Wait for help
"Well now."

Take the Device and use it however I'm supposed to on the ship. Then get out of the way of whatever the ship is doing. Then presumably escape with Irene.
Ike gets back to Irene, picks up the spike and stab the heart. It doesn't feel much different than stabbing any other flesh would.
Nothing happens for a moment. But a second later the pained screams of the people in the beds around you fill the room.
The spike first takes a greenish hue that spreads to the flesh around it, turning it from white to dark red. Its point deforms into a saw-like blade that slices the heart inside and opens it up like a rib retractor.
The heart itself seems hollow, except for the light coming from it. That changes when the Device hits that light with another pulse of energy, causing a tiny diamond-like crystal to appear. With more pulses the crystal gets larger and changes shape, holes in it appearing and disappearing like it's bubbling, while static discharge between the crystal and the spike fills the room with violet light and noise.
Finally, the spike deforms and blankets the crystal. It is yanked out of Ike's hand and back into the Device by an invisible force. The Device closes up and reforms into its usual very-large-solid-metal-brick shape, a bit larger then before.

It suddenly becomes very quiet. There is no creaking of metal grinding upon metal, no screams of people, no pulses coming from the heart. The only thing that can be heard is the alarm and the female in the speakers calmly informing you that you have 14 minutes left to get the hell out of here. The flesh of the ship has started to turn to a normal-looking red and through the hole in the heart you can see that where the crystal once was there is now only a grey void that is very slowly getting larger.

So, how are you going to do this? Like I said, the rocket has a one human cockpit and the payload area where the device should go. Where is everyone going? Who is getting out with the rocket? Who is crying like a baby? Who is calmly accepting their fate and waiting for death?

Excelleeent!

Try to walk in a classy manner.
You walk very non-stylishly on top of your squid-mobile. One would wonder how a starfish can walk without muscles and such an unbalanced weight distribution, but not you. You don't let little things like realism get in your way. You just do it. Though you don't look as classy as you'd want while doing so. It's like a toddler is walking. You won't earn the right to wear a top hat walking like that.

"Interesting. How is it harvested?"
He takes a deep breath as if he's going to say something, but then he doesn't.
"Before we continue, a question for you. Have you noticed anything strange about this conversation?"

"Arr."

John looks around.  Anyway...

Save program for later.
Your robotic dance partner gets up, does a small bow and then parks in a corner, completely unmoving.

Chill! There be no need fer worry matey. Avast yer peeping around. Zero ain't be one of dem godz who's interested enough to gossip about thine intimate tango with a toasta. Arrr!

I might be getting pirate speech and gangsta speech confused.

"Hmph. So you were the leader of a group of other Demons, other Pretenders. And you fought for your survival. Yet you are...
Hmmm... Our worlds sound so different. I wonder how you managed to survive that long. What qualifications did you have to lead? Why did the other follow you? You have some power and some potential, yes, but I have yet to see the qualities of a leader in you."

« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:35:32 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 24, 2014, 12:20:20 pm »

"...Nothing stranger than the circumstances it's occurring in..."
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 24, 2014, 12:22:19 pm »

Time to crash a party!

Zoom away in my squid mobile and crash through a wall into someone else's conversation/scenario.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 24, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »

Run over to the escape vehicle.
((I haven't seen the cockpit yet, nor been told about it, so I can't comment on it. However I think the plan can still work. I'm just going to be positioned awkwardly.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1184 on: January 24, 2014, 06:20:04 pm »

Run over to the escape vehicle.
((I haven't seen the cockpit yet, nor been told about it, so I can't comment on it. However I think the plan can still work. I'm just going to be positioned awkwardly.))
The cockpit looks something like this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Imagine that the image is drawn better so that the human-shape has the right human proportions.
Blue thing is an oxygen mask. Black dots are small, almost invisible depressions where the padding is thinner and is colored slightly different,as  if made by a different material.
It's made to hold a human. It's not form fitting, it has a small distance between the walls, most notably near the pelvis.
I imagine your fox to be about 25 cm high × 50 cm long when curled up as best as she can.
You wanna try to fit in there? If yes, where?
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 521