Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1076336 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 2
« Reply #1335 on: January 31, 2014, 01:16:16 pm »

((The hell is even happening? People are trying to kill the entities because ... something?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 31, 2014, 01:20:20 pm »

((The hell is even happening? People are trying to kill the entities because ... something?))
((Irine and Zechariah are angry at deaths that were not totally under their control. For Zechariah specifically, he is angry because he suspects the entities are trying to desensitize him to death (especially with that girl who was controlled with a parasite), which collides head-on with the moral aspects of life that Zechariah holds.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 31, 2014, 01:21:48 pm »

((Ah, more leverage for me to troll them with, good.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 31, 2014, 01:22:49 pm »

John squirms in the cramped cockpit.  Perfect protection, at least.  "Mmmph.  Can you two calm down or something?  I don't want to push this thing to its limits."

((Needed this for the year-long ER mission.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 31, 2014, 01:31:47 pm »

((Shit is crazy, man. People flipping out! Martyrs and foxes fighting the power together! Mass hysteria!))

"Wonder what those guys' problem is."

Angel does not calm down. She is basically ignored. Jerks.
Well, she's crying a bit less now.

"Still broken up about things? What was your name again, by the way? I think it's a bit patronizing to just call you 'kid' all the time."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: January 31, 2014, 01:51:26 pm »

((I'm not gonna argue about this OOC, but I'll say you could have completed the mission with only the humans that were hooked up on the ship dying,. And those guys were pretty much dead anyway. I'm not saying doing that was easy, I'm just saying it's possible.))
((1. It's hardly nice of the Entity to say that Irine could have saved everyone, when in reality this would require foreknowledge of how to do so and everyone getting along.
2. We're done with that mission, right? Why can't you tell us now?
3. Didn't completing the mission objectives require the self-destruction of the ship?))

Angel does not calm down. She is basically ignored. Jerks.
Well, she's crying a bit less now.
"Still broken up about things? What was your name again, by the way? I think it's a bit patronizing to just call you 'kid' all the time."
"...Angel."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: January 31, 2014, 01:54:57 pm »

((1. It's hardly nice of the Entity to say that Irine could have saved everyone, when in reality this would require foreknowledge of how to do so and everyone getting along.
3. Didn't completing the mission objectives require the self-destruction of the ship?))
((Remember that the entities have their own agendas. They aren't bound to be truthful to the competitors, they're trying to mold us to match what they think is right.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: January 31, 2014, 01:57:39 pm »

((Remember that the entities have their own agendas. They aren't bound to be truthful to the competitors, they're trying to mold us to match what they think is right.))
((I'm perfectly willing to ignore that inconvenient fact in the name of a fun debate.
It's called "John".))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: January 31, 2014, 02:06:41 pm »

"...Angel."

"Ah. Angel. Yes. So, what was your problem? I'm afraid I wasn't present when you first phrased it."

((I'm thinking that doing this without everyone getting killed would involve, firstly, not tripping the facility alarm before the comm thingy hadn't been disabled. Or not tripping it at all. That would considerably lessen the threat from the Soviet guards. It would probably require us not to touch the cube, thus alarming the ship's intelligence. Generally it would require us playing it safe in a general way, and not messing around too much. And then making sure we had an escape route for those of us that did survive. It's an optimum scenario that is extremely improbable, but still possible.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: January 31, 2014, 02:08:21 pm »

((I'm perfectly willing to ignore that inconvenient fact in the name of a fun debate.
It's called "John".))

((You called?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: January 31, 2014, 02:13:03 pm »

((You know, I'm not against an "entity fight" right about now...
... that may just be the Zechariah inside of me talking.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: January 31, 2014, 02:19:27 pm »

"...Angel."
"Ah. Angel. Yes. So, what was your problem? I'm afraid I wasn't present when you first phrased it."
"Lots of people died. Because of us. And me."

((I'm thinking that doing this without everyone getting killed would involve, firstly, not tripping the facility alarm before the comm thingy hadn't been disabled. Or not tripping it at all. That would considerably lessen the threat from the Soviet guards. It would probably require us not to touch the cube, thus alarming the ship's intelligence. Generally it would require us playing it safe in a general way, and not messing around too much. And then making sure we had an escape route for those of us that did survive. It's an optimum scenario that is extremely improbable, but still possible.))
((Escape routes for us and everyone onboard? That's what the way Paris phrased it implied.))

It's called "John".))
((You called?))
((Huh?))
Sig

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: January 31, 2014, 02:26:59 pm »

((That's my character, John.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: January 31, 2014, 02:29:20 pm »

"Lots of people died. Because of us. And me."

"And how much of that was under your control? The casualties, I mean."

((Escape routes for us and everyone onboard? That's what the way Paris phrased it implied.))

((No, I meant that, given time, we could have, say, untethered that hovercraft and tried to use that to get to ground level through the hole in the ceiling. I assume there was a hole in the ceiling, anyway. Or worked out a way to slip past the commandos even before we fulfilled the final objective. Or maybe discovered another route altogether. By that point nobody could be bothered to do so, and so things happened as they did.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: January 31, 2014, 02:32:23 pm »

((The trick would be getting the code for the elevator, I believe.  Getting past the Director is key for not alerting everyone.))
Pages: 1 ... 88 89 [90] 91 92 ... 521