Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1061617 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Burn it down
« Reply #1800 on: March 21, 2014, 07:29:34 am »

Continue staying alive. Barely is acceptable.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: March 21, 2014, 03:39:31 pm »

Through Interface, to Stellar: <Keystone?>

Through Interface, to Theri: <Theri! The man in charge of this place was the leader of my opposition last mission. Watch him closely. He has some kind of telekinesis I think and he's likely to have some unusual gadgets, including one that will desynchronize us. Also, he might hold a grudge against me, I kinda interrogated him, killed a whole lot of his people, and ruined his facility.>

He may have told them not to shoot, but I want some insurance
Disable everyone's guns but Zoe's.

If I am confident that I've got everyone else's guns disabled, then:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Well then, this is different. I didn't expect us to be on the same side so soon. How are you Boris? Sorry that I had to be so rough last time we met. How've you been?>
After I've gotten as much information as he's willing to tell me about himself as an answer to "How've you been", hopefully including who's side he's on and what happened to him after the destruction of his facility:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Well Boris my... employer, has given me a very simple task this time. I'm here to bodyguard Amelia. I understand you thinking that your security is good, but you remember what we did to you last time. My employers have... divided opinions, regarding her. Some of them have sent agents to assassinate her. There should be about three of them, and they're each about as dangerous as me, though we each have different talents. My personal employer disagrees with this, and has sent me to try to keep her safe. There should be two others to help me, but only one of them has made contact. You should remember what I and my friends are capable of quite well. Tell me, do you know where I'm speaking from?>
If yes:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Good, then you'll be able to recognize our opponents as well. Lets get Amelia treated shall we? We both want her alive and well.>
If no:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Well then, we have a problem, because you won't be able to tell who the assassins are either. Let the Awena girl see anyone else that tries to come. She should be able to recognize the assassins.>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: March 22, 2014, 02:20:09 pm »

synchronizing.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1803 on: March 22, 2014, 08:39:36 pm »

Zechariah considered some more smart-aleck talk, but decided against it. Scion didn't seem so comfortable here, and he didn't want to alienate his entity.
Interface, Scion: <I am sorry, I understand.>
And then, Zechariah immediately decided that he could press a bit further.
<But you must also understand my nature. I won't kill anyone, period. I can lie, I can manipulate, I can steal, I can threaten, I can do everything the Shadow can do. At the same time, I can defend, I can help, I can console, I can fight for the betterment of others, I can do everything in my Soul's interest.
But I won't kill, and not hurt either if possible. Call me weak, but I haven't killed anyone and don't intend to. That's not my business.

I'm back in the game now. I will find Target Amethyst, and I will protect him or her.
Second chance. And so I go.>

>...
>..
>.
">Wake."

Nope. Your host is seriously injured and barely held alive by the paramedics at this point. He'll wake up when you get a 6 and die if you get snake eyes. Unless you do something to change that.
You haven't gotten a 6 yet, if that wasn't obvious.

Alan puts on a Darth Vader voice.

I have you now.

Summon nails in the path of the car in front of me, then swerve around it and keep chasing that government guy if I can still catch him.
You throw a single nail at the police car. It's not very effective...
Your host does however manage to ram the police car, throwing it out if the way and disabling it in the process.
However, search as you may, you are unable to locate your target. At least there are no more police after you... for now.

So, Alan has currently condemned his host into a long time of hardship and possible imprisonment and/or death, impeded the process of his team and thrown at least two attempts I've made to get him involved with the plot of this mission out the window. And his host is moderately injured, the host's beginning to believe he's gone crazy and Alan's very close to being desynchronized.

Alan's odds of contributing something to your team's effort are very low right now. Then again, with that kind of destructive potential, I'm sure he could find a way to detonate a nuke in the city or something like that.

"That's what, two other players I've shot already? Weren't there supposed to be some that are on my team or whatever?"

>Drive away, take a few side roads to confound any further assassins. Get to the objective in due time.
((Alan was supposed to be on your team but unfortunately Alan is Alan.))

<Yeah, I know, it's like you're the only red guy around here or something. Weird, huh? That guy cost us a lot of time. Let's hope we're not too late.>

You arrive at the house, late to the party. It appears there was a shootout that concluded not a minute from now. The officers explain that two men had barricaded themselves inside the house. Arriving police units were fired upon and were forced to return fire. The men were mortally wounded. One police officer received moderate injuries and is awaiting an ambulance.

Arriving officers also spotted a vehicle speeding away but chose to engage the men in the house instead. The vehicle was last seen heading south. Same direction as that lab/warehouse. Might be worth checking out. Not  much time has passed since then.

synchronizing.
You're on the other side of town. Will take a while.

Through Interface, to Stellar: <Keystone?>

Through Interface, to Theri: <Theri! The man in charge of this place was the leader of my opposition last mission. Watch him closely. He has some kind of telekinesis I think and he's likely to have some unusual gadgets, including one that will desynchronize us. Also, he might hold a grudge against me, I kinda interrogated him, killed a whole lot of his people, and ruined his facility.>

He may have told them not to shoot, but I want some insurance
Disable everyone's guns but Zoe's.

If I am confident that I've got everyone else's guns disabled, then:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Well then, this is different. I didn't expect us to be on the same side so soon. How are you Boris? Sorry that I had to be so rough last time we met. How've you been?>
After I've gotten as much information as he's willing to tell me about himself as an answer to "How've you been", hopefully including who's side he's on and what happened to him after the destruction of his facility:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Well Boris my... employer, has given me a very simple task this time. I'm here to bodyguard Amelia. I understand you thinking that your security is good, but you remember what we did to you last time. My employers have... divided opinions, regarding her. Some of them have sent agents to assassinate her. There should be about three of them, and they're each about as dangerous as me, though we each have different talents. My personal employer disagrees with this, and has sent me to try to keep her safe. There should be two others to help me, but only one of them has made contact. You should remember what I and my friends are capable of quite well. Tell me, do you know where I'm speaking from?>
If yes:
Through Interface, to Boris's (defunct?) Interface: <Good, then you'll be able to recognize our opponents as well. Lets get Amelia treated shall we? We both want her alive and well.>
<Remember what I told you about how the entities fight? Remember what happened in the first mission? Why it happened? Her death or life will cause change in this world. Change that will benefit one of us.>

Guns not disabled but slowed. Which I guess fits the condition since they're much less dangerous right now.
The piles of burning documents are also slightly affected by the field, but nobody seems to have noticed this. For now.

<Not Boris, no. Name's Victor. Good to see there's somebody that's NOT trying to burn my host alive. So, you met him before?>

<Good, because if I do what my entity wants and I do it right, then she should stay alive. Or at least that's what he said. She doesn't look that well to me. Plus, there's the whole "the government is trying to kill us" thing.>
<So you're telling me I got more of you crazy people after me? That's just great.>
<Yes, I can tell where your host is.>

<Yes, let us do so.>

((Sorry for the low quality turn. Didn't have a lot of time. Just wanted to get a turn out because I don't know when I'll have time to make one again.
Speaking of which, frequency of updates will be low for the next month or so due to university work. I'll try to update whenever I have time but I make no promises.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1804 on: March 22, 2014, 09:52:36 pm »

So, Alan has currently condemned his host into a long time of hardship and possible imprisonment and/or death, impeded the process of his team and thrown at least two attempts I've made to get him involved with the plot of this mission out the window. And his host is moderately injured, the host's beginning to believe he's gone crazy and Alan's very close to being desynchronized.
Typical Alan.

((Sorry for the low quality turn. Didn't have a lot of time. Just wanted to get a turn out because I don't know when I'll have time to make one again.
Speaking of which, frequency of updates will be low for the next month or so due to university work. I'll try to update whenever I have time but I make no promises.))
I can forgive you if Angel actually gets to act in those turns.
Mind, I wouldn't mind being able to do stuff...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: March 22, 2014, 10:09:11 pm »

I'm gonna sig this if you don't mind.

Hmm. Well, that went well, I think.

Idly drive around trying to find a body shop so I can fix/make over this guy's car.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: March 22, 2014, 10:51:47 pm »

I'm gonna sig this if you don't mind.
What, you don't like my comment?
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: March 23, 2014, 12:07:50 am »

Not very siggable.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: March 23, 2014, 01:56:33 am »

"Dang. Say, do you happen to know if the time limit on this is closing in?" Ike asked his entity.

>Pursue. You have no time to waste.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: March 23, 2014, 03:17:10 am »

Spoiler: INFERNO COP (click to show/hide)
I hope this wasn't too serious of a game.

EDIT: Because I accidentally typoed.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 03:20:26 pm by Spinal_Taper »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: March 23, 2014, 03:33:12 am »

With everyone except me it is.
Sig! Onol

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: March 23, 2014, 03:42:59 am »

With everyone except me it is.
Welp, if by some miracle I get in, it seems I found my WORTHY RIVAL.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: March 23, 2014, 03:53:24 am »

Oh lord.
Skull Cop and Alan.

This is going to be glorious.
Sig! Onol

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: March 23, 2014, 06:09:01 am »

{Irine}
I'd better make myself sound threatening, I need to negotiate from the illusion of strength, despite how he has the real power here.
<If I had wanted him burnt back there, he would have been.>
That should do the trick, telling him who I am, what I can do, and implying a vague threat all at the same time.
<Now then, to business. You treat Amelia, and you let us stay by her side at all times. If someone tries to break in, you let us know. If it's too much for your security to handle, you get us a camera feed of the problem and an accurate map of the area it's happening in so I can aim properly. Afterwards, Amelia is allowed to decide her own fate, be it to work with you, work with us, or go against us both, and whatever she decides to do, we let her do it. We each get 5 minutes to pitch what we want from her before she decides. Deal?>
if he objects to the deal, saying that it overly favors us:
<We have Amelia, We have the hostages, and We're stronger than you. My way we keep her safe, and we each get a fair shot at getting what we want out of her. This is a better deal than you have any right to ask for.>
This is such a harsh way to negotiate, I mean, I know why I'm doing things like this, but still... ugh.
If he accepts:
<Good, I suggest saying something to your goons so we can stop standing here with guns out drawing the attention of anyone who passes by.>
Refine the gun-ban

{Zoe}
Zoe does whatever Zoe does.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: March 23, 2014, 12:10:07 pm »

Continue driving and synchronizing timelines
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 521