Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1074435 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 3
« Reply #2505 on: September 17, 2014, 07:58:25 am »

Theri nudged Irine with her tail, that nobody else may notice.

"You're all acquainted with each other? How did this happen before and why do you choose to partake in this contest-of-sorts?"

She raised the inner parts of her eyebrows in concern.

"It sounds weird to be speaking about kills or people you hurt, given that they were real people. Just...somewhere else."

"I don't recall choosing anything, really. It's more of a fun kidnapping sort of deal, see? Not that I mind. It's been pretty cool so far."

"As for sounding weird, well, it's what we do now. There's hardly a moratorium on talking about people you kill or hurt, is there? Helps you remember them better, rather than simply as a random person with no thoughts or feelings to destroy. Makes the experience more real, does it not? And there's no point in feeling guilty about it, either, if that's what you're asking, since there is no other choice, and we're all murderers or manslaughterers no matter how we try to dodge the accusation. Or at least will be, if we aren't already."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: September 17, 2014, 08:10:38 am »

John, hearing this, looks over at Ike.  "Hey... Ike, right?  And the fox lady who I will have to apologize for I have forgotten your name.  Sounds like your mission ended up quite explosively.  Remember our first mission with the compound?  Those people were all pretty much dead anyway; we just snuck in and manipulated the situation a bit.  Think of it this way; something like all that would have happened anyway, regardless of our involvement.  We meddled a bit, and we personally came out stronger because of it."  He turned to the front again, looking for his cheeseburger.  "If it makes you feel better, our mission was defeating this giant alien robot before it smashed a colony.  It was evacuated beforehand, so our actions saved a bunch of lives."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2507 on: September 17, 2014, 08:13:53 am »

Alan frowns. There was only one way to deal with this.

SLAPSTICK FIGHT!

Bitchslap [NAV] with my giant shoes! Then try to clamber up the thing to the seat.
"You're going down, fat man!"

Am I drunk enough for drunken boxing yet? If not then drink more. Drink more anyway, it can't hurt. It's a legitimate martial art, I swear.
Climb the tricycle and then flying headbutt Alan from above.

Alan attempts to climb one of the tricycle's wheels. And by 'attempts to climb' I mean that he slams head-first into it and collapses on the ground. Nikolai attempts to take advantage of this opportunity, only to trip and drunkenly imitate Alan, following him to the ground.

"Oh, you guys are so much fun."

(And to think, there's a whole planet which speaks pretty much like my guy. A spout of true Urbanian, he'll talk (somewhat) normally now, I enjoy making things look weird and unpronounceable. Trying to move away from stereotypical gang speech)

Head outside to see what all that noise is out there

"Ya her all that ot dere? Gonna see wot's what."

Nikolai and Alan are lying next to each other, flailing around on the ground. Alan says something about slapping a stick and Nikolai replies with something about going down.

"Get a cabin you two! We don't want to see that!"

"Oh, I was the one who went after the one man.  Thank goodness I got away without killing him.  Actually I don't think I've formally introduced myself to you.  My name is Bryan, we've uh had at least one conflict before between missions."
"Huh? I don't remember opposing you.."
"Theri, it's ok. I just wanted to show you how unstable this place is. Everything I did, and more, is stuff that you can do too. Just believe in yourself."
She seems shaken, maybe...
"F-for example, that sword. You can draw it too. just grab it and it will be there, I promise."
"But its-...it should be touching my ear. Oh...ok."
Theri imagined the clarity of the sword, putting in the appearance foremost and then attributing the concept of its density and weight, considering factors such as the metal involved--probably an alloy of silver and steel, she wondered--and visualized the single-edge from tip to hilt, instead wondering if there was a gem-inlay along the handle, forgetting how it exactly was.

She then imagined it hovering in midair, right next to her ear, and reached up...
Get that sword!
Also [maybe I could try this...]

"I will go now then. If all is well and you do not need me."
"I do! Hold on, please, River."

Theri reached out as a physical gesture to emphasize her thoughts, though stopped before actually stopping him from leaving.

"Well, Irine and Ike and the rest here were talking and I was wondering. The first time we met, was it some kind of...personal area? By the way, what does that term mean? I didn't know I was going to enter in a contest.

"And by Entity, she means...whatnow?"

"Oh! Oh, no! It's not like that!" he says quickly, waving his hands in front of his chest for greater emphasis.
"Not like that at all. It's not a contest, even though some may view it as such. I didn't bring you here because I want you to do something for me! I just brought you here because it would be the easiest and safest way to travel with you. The rules of this place make it better in some ways, worse in others."

"Those rules, as well as our destination, are decided by a group of people, people who bring others like you to this world. A group of people I am part of. Those people are called Entities by some, for lack of a better name."

As River talks, you put your hand behind your head and focus on the image of a sword on your hand. You do your best to imagine its how its texture would feel against your skin, the strain its weight would put on your muscles, how it would look like... And then you pull your hand, wishing that image became reality.

And it becomes so, the world changing to accommodate your desires. When you bring your hand in front of you again, you can see (and feel) that it is now holding the sword you imagined. Said sword looks exactly like you imagined it.

River gives it a wary glance but then continues looking at and talking to you.

"As for a personal area, it is a section of this world where only people who you give permission to may enter. Imagine it like a room, where you can lock the door. But this room can be as big as you want it to be and look any way you want it to look. You do not have one, but I can make one for you, if you want."

"The place we first met was not that. It was not in this world, but..."

He takes a deep breath and looks down.
"But if you ever... stop enjoying our time together, then I can... return you there." he adds quietly.

''Can I have an menu to look at please?"
Choose the Cheapest Breakfast sized meal on the Menu while Discussing Morality
Hm. Speech roll.

You spend the next minute or so making fart noises with your mouth and insulting the bartender's culinary abilities. A super-powered punch to your head later, you find yourself embedded in a wall on the opposite side of the room.

John nodded and grinned.  "Spice me up."
"You got it!"

The man proceeds to prepare and serve you a very nice looking bacon cheeseburger (even though he used normal bread for it instead of a sliced bun), along with some fried potatoes that were left over from the omelette. He then adds some kind of yellowred sauce to it that he creates on the spot by mixing various ingredients and spices. Finally, he slices up a tomato, some lettuce and a red pepper, puts it on the side of the dish, sprinkles some fennel on it and adds some sort of sauce made of lemon juice and oil.
"Lemon juice! It's good for you!"
He sets the plate down in front of you and looks at you with a grin.
"Enjoy!"

After delivering a falcon punch to the foul mouthed newcomer, he continues looking at you.
"I know he didn't feel that, but man did I enjoy it!"

I count three people who have sent me PMs to summon some sort of individual. I will kindly ask them to forgive me that I do not process those actions and that they keep them for later, since I'm starting the briefing next turn and thus those characters and any interactions with them would be short lived.

Speaking of which, I'm starting the briefing next turn tomorrow. So, if you got anything important to do or say here, now is the time.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 10:43:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: September 17, 2014, 08:16:13 am »

John nodded approvingly.  "Thanks, man!  Nice hit."

Om nom nom

((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: September 17, 2014, 08:27:22 am »

Theri imagined a scabbard for the sword and placed it on the ground in...its unimagined state, before running up and giving River a hug.

"Oh, I didn't mean it anyway at all like that. Just curious is all, with how these places are and how these things came to be. I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying the time we had together. I mean...I didn't feel bad at all with you. Ever."

Memories of that place came back to the kitsune, and she remembered how kind and passionate River was with the wolves, and how he spoke with much sincerity regarding their well-being. She wouldn't abandon the world in being without a person of that calibre.
...Did I think that right? I shouldn't use double negatives.

"...Though you didn't answer my question on your favorite food yet or what you'd like." she added, with a :P

((I like how the smileys are emotional that way :p))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: September 17, 2014, 08:33:03 am »

I count three people who have sent me PMs to summon some sort of individual. I will kindly ask them to forgive me that I do not process those actions and that they keep them for later, since I'm starting the briefing next turn and thus those characters and any interactions with them would be short lived.

Speaking of which, I'm starting the briefing next turn. So, if you got anything important to do or say here, now is the time.

((Well, this speaks volumes on what I was trying to find out anyway! So it's all good.))

"Man, that cheeseburger. If I wasn't about to explode, I'd have one as well."

Relax!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: September 17, 2014, 08:57:14 am »

((Looks like you've missed my action, Paris.))
((It doesn't feel old because it isn't.  What I'm using is Victorian/Shakespearean English.  Which is ~200-150 years back if I remember right. Real old English would be unreadable even by a native English speaker.  Example sentence: "Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe."))

Saevus wordlessly rises up and walks through the portal.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2512 on: September 17, 2014, 10:49:03 am »

((Looks like you've missed my action, Paris.))
((It doesn't feel old because it isn't.  What I'm using is Victorian/Shakespearean English.  Which is ~200-150 years back if I remember right. Real old English would be unreadable even by a native English speaker.  Example sentence: "Deað he þær byrigde; hwæðere eft Dryhten aras mid his miclan mihte mannum to helpe."))

Saevus wordlessly rises up and walks through the portal.
((Sorry man, I keep missing you for some reason.))

You get up and walk towards the glass arches until you are resting underneath the point they intercept.

The arches acquire a slightly green tint as the world around you begins to change, becoming more colourful as the different wavelengths of light reaching your eyes begins getting refracted at different angles, the shapes of things around you blurring until all that's left is a whitish mix of colours.

A moment later, the colours begin forming into coherent shapes again, but when the effect ends you can see that you are somewhere else. The glass arches are still above you, but they are now resting on a wooden floor of an empty room. There's nothing in it but four walls, a window and a door.

A few seconds after the world becomes clear again, the arches liquefy as if they were made of ice and disappear under the floorboards.

<Go through the door and walk downstairs. You will learn of your first challenge there.> you hear a voice inside your mind.

John nodded approvingly.  "Thanks, man!  Nice hit."

Om nom nom

((Indeed.))

Nom nom nom

"My pleasure! On both counts!"

You start eating. It's a bit spicy, but not enough to make it uneatable. The texture and taste of the ingredients create a nice antithesis (the nice cool salad is a nice touch) that makes it very "interesting" for the tongue. Only thing one could hold against it is that the taste is a bit too "heavy" and some of the finer tastes and textures get lost in the process, but that is to be expected from a cheeseburger. It's not exactly a food for a delicatessen (with the European sense of the word) but if one found this at a reasonably priced restaurant, one would probably be happy.

Speaking of which, I'm starting the briefing next turn. So, if you got anything important to do or say here, now is the time.

((Well, this speaks volumes on what I was trying to find out anyway! So it's all good.))

"Man, that cheeseburger. If I wasn't about to explode, I'd have one as well."

Relax!
Ikey says relax, don't do it.

Theri imagined a scabbard for the sword and placed it on the ground in...its unimagined state, before running up and giving River a hug.

"Oh, I didn't mean it anyway at all like that. Just curious is all, with how these places are and how these things came to be. I don't think I'll ever stop enjoying the time we had together. I mean...I didn't feel bad at all with you. Ever."

Memories of that place came back to the kitsune, and she remembered how kind and passionate River was with the wolves, and how he spoke with much sincerity regarding their well-being. She wouldn't abandon the world in being without a person of that calibre.
...Did I think that right? I shouldn't use double negatives.

"...Though you didn't answer my question on your favorite food yet or what you'd like." she added, with a :P

((I like how the smileys are emotional that way :p))
You create a scabbard for your sword and set it down carefully.

River remain silent. You hear him taking a deep breath, as if he is about to say something, but then he doesn't. A few more seconds pass before he finally speaks.
"Thank you."
He moves his head so that he can whisper in your ear.
"Oh, and don't worry. Our next destination will be one of my own choosing. It will be more relaxed and we will have plenty of time to talk and learn about each other."
He points at one of the tables near the centre of the room.
"He is going to talk about it soon."

Everyone in the inn
A man made out of shadowy mist that swirls and disappears like dark fire appears in the centre of the room, rising out of the surface of a table. He sits on the table he emerged from, his legs dangling from it. He says nothing and simply stands there.

Everyone outside
You hear a voice in your heads.
<If everyone could conclude their... ahem, "business" and come inside the inn, that would be great. You still have some time ((read: until tomorrow)) to do your... whatever it is you're doing, but try to get inside in the next few minutes.>

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: September 17, 2014, 11:13:47 am »

Oh, well that's unfortunate. I was hoping I had more time to argue with people over the morals that I adopted before entering this convoluted multiverse.
Ah well. Maybe there's a next time, maybe not.

Move out of my room and into the center of the inn. Stick to a corner and simply observe the room around me.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: September 17, 2014, 11:58:31 am »

((Sorry man, I keep missing you for some reason.))
((I ain't even mad.))

"I obey."

Attempt to get out of the room, inevitably break through the doorframe as I am most probably far too big for it, then go downstairs.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: September 17, 2014, 12:26:11 pm »

Ima take yo tricycle, and ima throw it at that castle. Also, who was that, now i heard 2 voices in mah hed, I hate voices in my head. Go into inn after throwing huge trike

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 12:28:28 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: September 17, 2014, 12:32:30 pm »

Everyone outside
You hear a voice in your heads.
<If everyone could conclude their... ahem, "business" and come inside the inn, that would be great. You still have some time ((read: until tomorrow)) to do your... whatever it is you're doing, but try to get inside in the next few minutes.>

<Hey, man. Who're you and why're you talking in my head?>

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2517 on: September 17, 2014, 12:34:23 pm »

<Hey, man. Who're you and why're you talking in my head?>
<Are you outside of the inn?>

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: September 17, 2014, 12:36:20 pm »

<Are you outside of the inn?>

<Can't you tell without needing to ask?>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: September 17, 2014, 12:36:48 pm »

Sigd

Ima take yo tricycle, and ima throw it at that castle. Also, who was that, now i heard 2 voices in mah hed, I hate voices in my head. Go into inn after throwing huge trike
I DISAPPROVE OF THIS AND OF YOU

Shoot a laundry machine (that's still working thanks to my power) at this guy and then head inside the inn.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 521