Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077327 times)

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Explosive Extraction
« Reply #3270 on: January 24, 2015, 06:13:13 pm »

Bryan, survival
"That might actually be a better idea than what I had, hang on."
Execute drive by
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3271 on: January 24, 2015, 10:29:43 pm »

Campaign

Irine, Campaign

<I can't protect people directly River. I'm good at hurting and killing, but I can't block, restrain, or prevent. In order to protect people, I hurt those that want to hurt them. You scare me River. You scare me a lot, because I picked you as one of the people I want to protect, but you don't seem to care about yourself. You are willing to hurt yourself, to kill yourself, even if it's not needed, simply to make things a little easier for us. How do I protect you from yourself River? Who do I hurt to protect you from you?>

Ask River and Irine to check this out before trying anything even if their help is not strictly required, because this seriously is some kind of work of art as far as incompetence is concerned.[/b]
((Um, I don't see you actually asking for help in your speech, which is why I haven't responded to this.))
Edit: meh, I'll act anyway. no reason not too I suppose.
I get up and walk over to Ike, and if he holds still for me, attempt to gnaw off one of the strips of cloth tying his hands. If it's too tough, then I slowly bring my little wisp of flame to bear on the cloth, and as soon as the cloth breaks I sieze all the flame from it and add it to my little wisp to make a proper orb. Once he has a hand free, I go back over to River and lie down next to him, my head touching his.

((Some of my characters have more background than others. Irine's backstory is actually nothing but my version of the events and story of Roll to Deity. Of the characters I've used / made character applications for on this forum, Irine, Erin, Lyra, and Valyrie all were new, whereas Lirian, Maryne, Ahrian, Lelia, Nino, Carrie, and Unen all had background before they ever came here. What you're seeing here, is what happens when I get to import a character that got a little background in one game into another almost completely unmodified. I'm able to take the events of the first game they were in, and my part in them, the actual decisions made and why those decisions actually were made at the time, and use that to give background to the character that is currently active. Everything in Irine's background can be found in Roll to Deity, the only thing I changed was I gave her a little more time to wander freely on her moon post-game-end but before Special People began. It just so happens that a lot of the events from there tie in really well to the way Special People functions.))
((Hey, vague requests for speaking are fine! I get to make speech rolls! :P
Not to mention vague requests for actions where the result is not immediately obvious...))

((And yes, that is what I meant. Your character's actions and the thoughts behind them, they look much deeper when put this way than when I simply read them as actions.))
Campaign, Ike!

"It seems that every day, nay, every few hours or so I am exposed to new horizons of deeply shameful incompetence. What a multiverse we live in, indeed!"

Try to free myself somehow. Use my hands to untie my legs and/or head, then go from there. Ask River and Irine to check this out before trying anything even if their help is not strictly required, because this seriously is some kind of work of art as far as incompetence is concerned.
<I can't protect people directly River. I'm good at hurting and killing, but I can't block, restrain, or prevent. In order to protect people, I hurt those that want to hurt them. You scare me River. You scare me a lot, because I picked you as one of the people I want to protect, but you don't seem to care about yourself. You are willing to hurt yourself, to kill yourself, even if it's not needed, simply to make things a little easier for us. How do I protect you from yourself River? Who do I hurt to protect you from you?>
<I understand, I think. It is your way. But I do not-... I am not used to worrying about my life. Not in that way. I am not used to people... caring for me like that.
If it will help, then... I will try to...>

"Hey! Guys! Look at what I did!"
<I will try to make it->
"Hey! River! Irene!"
<I will->
"Hey! Hey! Look!"
<What?> River growls the demand as he raises his head to look at Ike, breaking his link with Irene in the process.
He sees Ike struggling and failing to get out of the knot of limbs and cloth he has managed to tie himself into.
"Hey."
River tilts his head to the side and lowers one ear.
<Why did you do that?> he asks.
"No idea. It just happened somehow as I tried to tie those cloth strips into a rope. One thing led to another and next thing I know I'm all tied up. Isn't it impressively messed up?"
River goes around the fire and takes a closer look at Ike, sniffing him and the cloth occasionally as Irene helps him out of his bonds.
<Maybe it was leftover chaos energy that happened to gather near you, the cloth and your focus on it accidentally acting as a network for it to manifest.>
He turns around and heads back to where he was sitting while Irene finishes working.
<Or maybe you should be more skilful and careful when you work. Your life and the lives of others may depend on it.>
Irine cuts enough of Ike's bonds to allow him to untie the rest, destroying a bit of the cloth in the process. That done, she approaches River and lies down next to him, reestablishing their link.
<I will try to make things better between us. Easier.>
He yawns and shifts his legs a bit.
<Is there anything more you want to say?>

Survival

Bryan, survival
"That might actually be a better idea than what I had, hang on."
Execute drive by
Survival

John slapped his weapon.  "Oi Bryan!  Do a drive-by so I can get an angle to blast them!  Keep moving so we don't get hit!

Fire when I have an angle!  Blow them to crap.
Survival

If bazooka guy fires on us attempt to return his rocket back to him. Try to blast other projectiles away too.
Bryan breaks and the tires screech and block as he brings the speed of the vehicle down to something more manageable. He turns the wheel and pulls the handbrake, causing the car to enter a spin. He tries to change gears at the same time, but he accidentally releases the clutch too soon and ends up with the engine stalling. But at least part of his intent is accomplished, with the rear of the car ending up facing the roadblock.

The roadblock immediately opens fire on them, machine gun bullets shredding the rear of the car and causing its exterior to start falling apart. John tries to fire his weapon but a bullet fragment nicks him in the arm, causing him to flinch and delay. The delay gives enough time to the bazooka wielding man to take aim and fire.

Saevus tries to hit the rapidly approaching projectile but he ends up being too late. So he overcompensates, putting everything he has into it. The missile detonates mid-air and, while diminished, the shockwave still rattles the car quite a bit. Some of the semi-motlen debris hit Saevus, sticking on his armour and destroying some of the runes on it. He's starting to feel very weak.

John checks his gun, only to find out that the explosion has damaged it a bit, throwing the spinner off balance. It could be dangerous to operate it like this. But every moment that passes is another opportunity for a bullet larger than his fingers to make its way through his brain. He releases the safety pin. The small explosive balls travel down the feeder tube into the spinning tube. The weapon begins shaking in its frame, emitting a powerful rattle as it accepts and then releases the projectiles, slowing down and then speeding up again like a full auto catapult.

Their aiming is spot on. The gun tears the roadblock apart, blasting car parts and pieces of the road into much smaller, much faster moving pieces, obscuring them in dust and smoke. The sound of gunfire stops almost immediately.

The problem is that the damaged weapon also tears itself apart. The spinner, lodged out of place by the vibrations, bangs on its frame several times before it breaks apart, sending an unhealthy amount of metal through the hand John used to release the pin, in the form of a surprisingly hot hollow metal tube. He almost passes out from the pain.

OOC
By the way, I discovered that we have some hidden smileys in this forum...
O0 >:D C:-) 0:) ^-^ :))

((Yeah, I'm still here. I got stuck on what to RP next so I thought I'd wait for survival to finish since they seemed close, but looking back I should have told you that, sorry))
No need to apologize. You can always just wait for the missions to start, nobody is forcing you to RP. But if you're willing I could put you with Coolrune to do something while you wait for the others to finish. Then again, they're almost done by the looks of it, so the end of mission/choosing the next mission stuff shouldn't be far behind.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 24, 2015, 10:37:45 pm »

"Agh!  Mother fucker!  Get us out of here, they're toast!"

John swore more as he checked his wounds.

Summon up a simple first aid kit; something with a tourniquet would be nice.  Apply to self as best possible.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 24, 2015, 10:54:27 pm »

((Alan's derp energy is haunting Ike!))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 24, 2015, 11:02:59 pm »

<What did we find back at the teleporter? Why did you send me away?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3275 on: January 24, 2015, 11:29:03 pm »

<What did we find back at the teleporter? Why did you send me away?>
<That is one question I can not answer. Not now. Not you. I need to know I will not cause myself and the ones I care about more pain by doing so. That nobody will use this to hurt me. I ask that you trust me with this. Give me some time. To think about it. And to see if I can trust you. I do not believe it could happen again, so there is no reason to worry.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 25, 2015, 12:17:52 am »

<I... I showed you my memories of the Larrbears and that.... that thing. Do you know who would use tools like that? I...
You said you wanted to do this to give us a chance to be free. I want that. A lot. a whole lot. But I have to go back, to find out more about what happened back home. I can't let whoever did that get away with it. If... If you know anything that could help me...>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 25, 2015, 05:38:23 am »

((That worked out exactly how I imagined it. Hooray!))

Campaign, Ike!

"Hm... care... and... patience... yes!"

Continue my work on Skullflail, Destroyer of Innocence, Viciously Impractical Weapon for a Less Civilized Age. Make sure to pay attention during my work this time and not to tie up more than two limbs at a time. If I need to start using my head in the mechanical sense, that's an instant red flag.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 06:17:38 am by Harry Baldman »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3278 on: January 25, 2015, 06:21:35 am »

Campaign

<I... I showed you my memories of the Larrbears and that.... that thing. Do you know who would use tools like that? I...
You said you wanted to do this to give us a chance to be free. I want that. A lot. a whole lot. But I have to go back, to find out more about what happened back home. I can't let whoever did that get away with it. If... If you know anything that could help me...>

He shifts his legs a bit.
<Oh. You misunderstood. I have to try to bring you back. I have nothing of value for them to take except for my life. They would kill me if they discovered I let you go and then track you down and bring you back anyway. And the one I've bonded with, he would be... distressed. I can not let that happen, not for you.>

<But I understand what you are saying. I would be angry, I would want revenge too, if someone took something I care about from me. What you showed me had things that looked familiar. I am not sure though, it could be simply a memory from my deep past and I do not want to wrongly accuse... someone I know. I can use my bond to search and ask for the answer... but what if the answer I find is not the one you want? What if it is not what I want? What if it causes more pain? What if it means you will have to be angry against someone you can not fight and win? What if the answer means you will die? Would you want me to tell you anything I find, no matter what that could mean for you and the ones close to you?>

((That worked out exactly how I imagined it. Hooray!))

Campaign, Ike!

"Hm... care... and... patience... yes!"

Continue my work on Skullflail, Destroyer of Innocence. Make sure to pay attention during my work this time and not to tie up more than two limbs at a time. If I need to start using my head in the mechanical sense, that's an instant red flag.
You completely forget how knots work.
Let me try to roll again.
You spend about a minute pushing two strips of cloth together, waiting to hear a click.
I'll stop because with that luck you'll end up hanging yourself. Maybe you should try exorcizing Alan first?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 07:00:20 am by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: January 25, 2015, 06:28:26 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"Wow. Or is that woe? Either way, desperately need a nap. The dark's certainly not helping."

Take a nap. Should probably be a bit tired by now. Use bits of cloth/soft tissues of fresh corpse as makeshift bedding.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: January 25, 2015, 10:06:52 am »

<Yes. Those are times that the way I think will help me. I know that once I find who my enemy is, I will still have a lot of work to do before I can strike back. Attacking in a blind rage will only lead to failure. I need to be stronger, which is yet another reason for me to stay in the Games.>
as I say this, the image of an unadorned solid black ring keeps flickering through my mind, a special tool, but only a part of a greater whole.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: January 25, 2015, 10:22:55 am »

Survival

Keep watch for any stragglers. If stragglers are found and within range, attempt to blast them.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3282 on: January 25, 2015, 10:33:14 am »

<Yes. Those are times that the way I think will help me. I know that once I find who my enemy is, I will still have a lot of work to do before I can strike back. Attacking in a blind rage will only lead to failure. I need to be stronger, which is yet another reason for me to stay in the Games.>
as I say this, the image of an unadorned solid black ring keeps flickering through my mind, a special tool, but only a part of a greater whole.
He stays quiet for some time.
<If that is what you wish... then I will try. If I find an answer for you, I will tell you. But I make no promises.>

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: January 25, 2015, 11:08:25 am »

<Thank you.>
I sidle up against his side and rub against it whilst settling down to sleep.
I've done all I can, my responsibilities are, at least for now, fulfilled. I... I can have fun now. It's okay. I can just be free for a bit... It's okay... It's okay...
((non-action: I'm not worrying about if I break the mental link or not, and my motion isn't very big, since when I laid down after helping Ike it was beside him instead of in front of him, tere's a decent chance it'll stay active unless River does something about that.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3284 on: January 25, 2015, 12:31:56 pm »

Campaign

Lonely Abbey
<Thank you.>
I sidle up against his side and rub against it whilst settling down to sleep.
I've done all I can, my responsibilities are, at least for now, fulfilled. I... I can have fun now. It's okay. I can just be free for a bit... It's okay... It's okay...
((non-action: I'm not worrying about if I break the mental link or not, and my motion isn't very big, since when I laid down after helping Ike it was beside him instead of in front of him, tere's a decent chance it'll stay active unless River does something about that.))
River lifts his head and looks at you as you settle down next to him and for several seconds after.
<Do not thank me yet.> he finally says.
He lowers his head and closes his eyes. The warmth of the fire and the warmth of his body, the sound and feeling of his breathing by your side help lull you to sleep. As you drift into unconsciousness, a feeling of enjoyment restrained by worry and confusion reaches your mind.

((You're free to wake up whenever you want. River will wake you up sometime before he leaves.))

Campaign, Ike!

"Wow. Or is that woe? Either way, desperately need a nap. The dark's certainly not helping."

Take a nap. Should probably be a bit tired by now. Use bits of cloth/soft tissues of fresh corpse as makeshift bedding.
You arrange some leftover clothing and pieces of broken furniture into a crude bed. That done, you lay down on it and try to get comfortable.

There's a small hole above you, through which you can see a tiny part of the sky. You try to spot some stars through it but you can not. You can only see the ever present smog hovering near the town and volcano. It is being illuminated by something, probably the moon accompanied by the faint glow of that magical lava.

The night is quiet. You can hear the fire cracking every once in a while, throwing tiny sparks into the air. You feel the occasional tremor coming from the volcano or ground zero, sometimes accompanied by higher pitched noise or a dim flash of light in the sky. At one moment you hear the distant buzzing of a Discoball, but it is only for a moment. You turn to look at the other two. They're fast asleep. Must be tired.

You're tired too, now that you think about it. But you just can't get no sleep. Something is making you feel uncomfortable, but no mater how much you twist and turn and look around, you can't get the feeling to go away. You start trying to find ways to bore yourself to sleep. You look at the ceiling once more and start counting and measuring cracks, following them as they merge and fall apart, weaving a wonderful yet twisted cloth above you, adding to it, expanding it, altering its functions for their own secret purpose-

<Wake up.>
You open your eyes. It must be very early in the morning. Grey light is coming through the cracks and holes in the ceiling. The air is approaching a temperature that could be called chilly, if you're being generous (or naked). You can see the dying embers of the fire in front of you. You don't feel like you got much sleep last night.
<You can hear me? And she can not?>
River is standing opposite to you, holding a wire on his hands, twisting it and untwisting it, occasionally looking at it closely and sniffing it. Irine is sleeping besides him, curled up with her tails acting as a blanket.
<Speak to me directly, not to her. There is no need to wake her up.>
You must have been sleeping quite heavily to not have heard him moving around. Or maybe he can move really really quietly. He probably knows how to hunt rabbits, so that would be no surprise.
<I wanted to explain to you. Why I was like that, yesterday. Why I told you not to speak. So that you do not think I simply give orders. For no reason.>
He stops working on the wire and looks at you in the eyes.
<He is not supposed to be in this world. By coming here on his own he violated the rules. If the others find out he will be punished. Very badly. By not reporting him or killing him on sight I became an accomplice. If one of the others finds out, they could use it to hurt me. Make me do things. Even he could use it to hurt me. Though I do not think he wants to.>
As he speaks, you notice his ears and head lowering. He looks tense.
<That is why I asked of you that you do not share this with anyone.>
He turns to look at Irene for a few seconds and then back at you, a bit more relaxed now.
<Maybe Irine. If you really have to. If you think you can trust her with this. But nobody else.>
<Do you understand?>
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 12:37:36 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 521