Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077052 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Slow Mo
« Reply #3435 on: February 10, 2015, 12:46:45 am »

There is no way they shall see through this brillo ploy, no siree!

Look forward to bright future of being in service to a not particularly bright ashwraith.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3436 on: February 10, 2015, 01:33:46 pm »

Campaign

Privately, to Zech: <I'm not using telepathy until we learn why River wanted us to remove the wires.>

Zechariah looked over to Irine and nodded once. Since River had told them to take off the comm wires, he had known that there was something wrong. He wasn't sure what he was looking at, but he knew that this was it.

Zechariah exhaled through his nose and carefully set the clothes and wires down on the floor in front of him. He then put his hands to his sides and stepped forward slightly with his left foot, rotating his right foot out slightly. He didn't want to alert anybody yet to what he was doing.

He hoped that his powers wouldn't fail him now. He could prevent anything bad from happening if he was fast enough and his powers were under control.

Gather the Shadows around me. Make my movements slow and imperceptible. Prioritize the element of surprise over more power. After I gather enough of the Shadow, spread it out in tendrils to be ready to grab hold of someone or something.
You take the time to mentally and physically prepare for the use of your ability, trying to clear your mind and focus on your goal. The anxiety of the situation helps you forget your hunger for the moment. You know that doing this without your staff is going to be difficult, but you hope that the time you took to prepare combined with Scion's enhancements will help you overcome that limitation.

As River gets away from you, you start feeling better, more confident, as if you can actually do this.

((I am assuming this is a preparation action and you don't want me to actually roll for you to randomly grab something.

Keep reading.))
Privately, to Zech: <I'm not using telepathy until we learn why River wanted us to remove the wires>

I look over at River and Ike. Then at River. Then at Ike. Back to River. Back to Ike.

and then I make a decision.

I attempt to use a up to three flame generation charges ((I don't know if River drained them or not, if not then I have 4 left for today)), and send out a large amount of flame to block all the exits from the area, preventing anyone from coming or going, trapping all four of us inside.

physically, I begin slowly circling around the perimeter, watching the two in the middle and attempting to stay as far away from them as possible, and to spread out away from Zech as well.

edit: note that I am currently expecting a telepathic assault, along the same or similar channels to my telepathic link, and will actively resist anyone that tries to access my mind in any way, including River.
You manage to make a somewhat short wall (about the same height as an average human) blocking the street behind Ike and the street behind you. You very slowly start spreading it to encircle the entire area, to ensure that they can't escape by climbing or going through a damaged building. It feels different from the last time you used your powers. This feels like it should be, like something is making you weaker, without all the extra power this place is giving you.

You also start slowly circling around the two, but before you can make more than a dozen steps River charges at Ike. River jumps towards Ike and hits him before Ike can do anything more than emit a surprised "Ah!" and raise his hands to shield himself. The combination of River's speed and mass is enough to push him to the ground. Ike desperately tries to use his hands to keep River from biting his neck, getting them pretty badly injured in the process.
"Stop!"
As River gets away from you, you fell the power returning, your ability becoming stronger again.

There is no way they shall see through this brillo ploy, no siree!

Look forward to bright future of being in service to a not particularly bright ashwraith.
((You are always welcome to give suggestions about how you can better kill your teammates. You did do a pretty good job at it last time.))

<See? They are already turning against you.>
<No.>
<When we defeat you, we will return to your den and kill the rest. I will make sure you can watch.>
<NO!>
You don't make any attempt to dodge as River charges at you. You just make sure you won't die too quickly by shielding your neck.
"Stop!"
You feel better. Like you could actually think and act for yourself if you tried hard enough. Looks like that ashwraith doesn't know as much as it thought it did. Or maybe this is all part of some sort of nefarious plan.
<I will kill you!>
At least, better from a mental aspect. Somehow not having your mind controlled makes you feel very weak, while the pain of being mauled by an angry alien space wolf thing is made all the worse. Plus you having your arm bleeding that much can't be good for your health.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3437 on: February 10, 2015, 01:49:36 pm »

Attempt to think for myself. Forcefully, like a knife in the night! Whoosh! Straight in the brain! Don't really have to worry about running this body into the ground, presumably.

Failing that:

"Look, I know this is pissing you off, dude, but let's be rational here! The fact of the matter is, we do need Alan! We can't just say his sphere got smashed!"

"... wait, did you say that last part out loud? You've got your teeth on my hands, and I can't really see."

Suggest!

Also, he seems to be quite intent on tasting my blood. Do I have some way of making him dearly regret it in the long run? Say, with some form of subtle blood or sand-based infiltration ability that'd rob him of his focus?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 02:03:03 pm by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3438 on: February 10, 2015, 01:50:11 pm »

PFP: incomplete at this time, still editing edit: ready

Send my flames spiraling inwards towards where River suddenly attacked Ike as I break into a run and charge towards them too, hoping to separate the two of them.
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
Why is he doing this? Why isn't he saying any...
Why did he want use to remove our wires?

I instead of having my flames converge actually on to the struggling pair, I have them form a tight ring around them, and continue my run towards them, parting the flames before me and closing them up behind me when I reach them.
if only I could make words like he does!!!
I then whine at River, barking if he ignores me, but don't...
Quote from: River
You should have trusted me!
don't interfeere, even if his violence continues and he attempts to kill Ike.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 04:38:26 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3439 on: February 10, 2015, 02:21:36 pm »

Zechariah didn't have to time to think, only to act. He still wasn't sure who was in the right or wrong here, but there wouldn't be time to decide. Ike was acting very odd, though, as passiveness was not a trait that Ike was known for. River, however, seemed to rely more on his hunting instinct, and that was very well alive right now.

Right now, River seemed to be acting naturally. Ike wasn't. He had to separate Ike from River, or something terrible would be happening soon.

Use the Shadows to envelope Ike in a wrap of darkness. Pull him ten meters or more away from River. Hold him in the materialized shadows until I can discern who is at fault here. If River seems to be hellbent on killing Ike, blend him into the Shadows and out of physical view until I can calm river down. If River is manageable enough that he will not kill Ike immediately, just keep pulling Ike out of River's range.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3440 on: February 10, 2015, 09:38:28 pm »

[I love how all this is going; Lenglon//Harry, you guys are awesome. Also Paris and co.]

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Preparing for Mission 4
« Reply #3441 on: February 11, 2015, 09:51:39 pm »

ATTENTION PEOPLE FROM SURVIVAL MISSION
I've finished doing the post mission end stuff and will begin sending your upgrade trees shortly.

I don't remember if I've sent everyone the new upgrade tree type or not. Basically, it's an image you got to download, but it works just like the old one. One upgrade point per block, arrows show prerequisites, green is what you have, pink is what you can get, white is what you can get after you unlock the prerequisites. Just did it that way because Lucidchart is no longer as free as it was.

I would also like to inform you that I'm trying out a new upgrade system to replace the old "3UPs to get an upgrade from your entity". You can choose to try it out if you want. Basically, you choose an entity and some shapes and you get a new ability based on those, with the catch being that you don't know what the shapes mean until you try them. Costs 2 Upgrade Points but you get to generate two abilities and choose the one you like or get a 1 UP refund. Subject to change.

There are still stuff I need to do for the Entity Challenge and the new "create your own ability" system (some images haven't been drawn yet), but hopefully now that the Exams are over and I've got access to my PC I should be able to complete them quickly enough.

About the new poll: Remember that you can suggest your own mission types if you want. So if someone has got something they want to do some gametype that's not in there, then say so and I can put it in the poll. Don't suggest ten thing and expect me to put them up there though. Just one thing.

Oh, and gametypes are in the first page, if you don't remember.

I realized I should be keeping those poll results somewhere since there's no history of them yet people are referencing the poll in thread. So...

Old poll results for posterity:
Question: Thoughts about Alan's survival odds in the next mission?
9 (36%): He'll turn the entire mission on its head. Make the whole team couch salesmen or something.
7 (28%): He'll die after managing to get the rest of the team killed.
3 (12%): The rest of the team is fairly competent. I bet with their help, he'll manage to do OK.
3 (12%): He'll contribute and make a heroic sacrifice near the end. Probably without even realizing it.
1 (04%): He's not getting out of there alive.
1 (04%): He'll do OK. Despite everything, he is competent.
1 (04%): He'll be the only survivor. Luck tends to provide for him (in the form of sixes).

I find it interesting that 25 people voted yet we have about 12 active players at any one time... Let's see how many people vote in this one.

Campaign

Zechariah didn't have to time to think, only to act. He still wasn't sure who was in the right or wrong here, but there wouldn't be time to decide. Ike was acting very odd, though, as passiveness was not a trait that Ike was known for. River, however, seemed to rely more on his hunting instinct, and that was very well alive right now.

Right now, River seemed to be acting naturally. Ike wasn't. He had to separate Ike from River, or something terrible would be happening soon.

Use the Shadows to envelope Ike in a wrap of darkness. Pull him ten meters or more away from River. Hold him in the materialized shadows until I can discern who is at fault here. If River seems to be hellbent on killing Ike, blend him into the Shadows and out of physical view until I can calm river down. If River is manageable enough that he will not kill Ike immediately, just keep pulling Ike out of River's range.
You are trying so hard not to fail, you're so worried that you might not have enough focus to act, that when you do act, you manage to grab Ike, River, Irine and a few of the surrounding rubble in your darkness. Gah, this is straining you and your body is not in a position to be strained.

River struggles, easily ripping his legs free of the darkness, while his head moves left and right as it bites into the darkness and tears it apart. Your shadow is still wrapped around his torso though. But that changes when the air around River shimmers and darkens. The darkness around him starts dissolving into nothingness. You feel a sharp pain near your chest. You don't have the strength to hold on.

Great, you've been awake for less than an hour and now you're unconscious again. Luck is not on your side.

PFP: incomplete at this time, still editing edit: ready

Send my flames spiraling inwards towards where River suddenly attacked Ike as I break into a run and charge towards them too, hoping to separate the two of them.
Spoiler: image (click to show/hide)
Why is he doing this? Why isn't he saying any...
Why did he want use to remove our wires?

I instead of having my flames converge actually on to the struggling pair, I have them form a tight ring around them, and continue my run towards them, parting the flames before me and closing them up behind me when I reach them.
if only I could make words like he does!!!
I then whine at River, barking if he ignores me, but don't...
Quote from: River
You should have trusted me!
don't interfere, even if his violence continues and he attempts to kill Ike.
The fires under your control make an impressive spiral around River and Ike, forming a cage of light and heat around them. You dash towards River and Ike. You get close to the two and try to get their attention, but before you can do much you are trapped in a wave of darkness. River doesn't seem to like that very much, so he retaliates with some darkness of his own. River's attack makes you feel weak and disoriented, but you manage to retain control of your fire.

The darkness around you starts dissolving and then disappears completely, allowing you to move freely again.

Attempt to think for myself. Forcefully, like a knife in the night! Whoosh! Straight in the brain! Don't really have to worry about running this body into the ground, presumably.

Failing that:

"Look, I know this is pissing you off, dude, but let's be rational here! The fact of the matter is, we do need Alan! We can't just say his sphere got smashed!"

"... wait, did you say that last part out loud? You've got your teeth on my hands, and I can't really see."

Suggest!

Also, he seems to be quite intent on tasting my blood. Do I have some way of making him dearly regret it in the long run? Say, with some form of subtle blood or sand-based infiltration ability that'd rob him of his focus?

The wave of darkness pushes you back, pushing you up and then down into the ground, but you don't care that much about that. You've got other things to worry about.

You focus as hard as you can on being you. It is a bit strange, since it's hard to tell the difference. You need to try to focus on the things that make you, you. And in this case that means focusing on what it is you want. Few people know what dark desires drive Ike's actions, but those are what he focuses on to regain his sense of self and differentiate himself from whatever it is that's controlling his thoughts, using them as its own.

And it looks like it's working. The power of the thing over your mind is starting to recede. You start feeling like you again, although that thing in your head is still trying to confuse you.
It feels like you can't breathe. You roll around, rest on your hands and start coughing, trying to get the ash out of your lungs.
You feel very weak. You feel nauseous. You feel cold. You can't keep supporting yourself. You collapse on the ground.

Everyone
Ike coughs and convulses, releasing a disturbing amount of ash in the process. Most of it falls to the ground, but some particles become stuck in the air, as if they have been frozen in time. They remain unmoving in relation to each other, although they collectively start moving away from Ike and the rest of you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 09:54:01 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3442 on: February 12, 2015, 12:27:05 am »

"<hack> <cough>! Urk!"

Keep on coughing! Try to get this bad ash out of me. Try vomiting as well once the lungs feel clear.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 12:38:51 am by Harry Baldman »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3443 on: February 12, 2015, 12:41:57 pm »

redirect a decent-sized portion of my flames to attempt to cage the ash in, and if it passes through unaffected then try to grab it like I grabbed the glowies.

If River seems to want out of the ring of fire, then I'll part it for him. not Ike though.

I walk over towards River and continue to vocalize my concern.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3444 on: February 12, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »

Campaign

"<hack> <cough>! Urk!"

Keep on coughing! Try to get this bad ash out of me. Try vomiting as well once the lungs feel clear.
You keep coughing and convulsing. Gah, everything is spinning. Your stomach is- You think you're going to-

"Urk!"
*splash*

You face falls on something wet. You try to look through watering and blurry eyes. Damn. You don't remember your vomit having that colour before. Or that smell. Enhanced smell isn't so great in these kinds of circumstances. Ugh, this can't be healthy.

Oh dear. And now you think you are on fire.
Too bad this entire situation wasn't induced by some sort of boozewraith. Inebriation would probably make this entire situation more bearable.

redirect a decent-sized portion of my flames to attempt to cage the ash in, and if it passes through unaffected then try to grab it like I grabbed the glowies.

If River seems to want out of the ring of fire, then I'll part it for him. not Ike though.

I walk over towards River and continue to vocalize my concern.
You redirect a large amount of fire towards the ash thing and Ike, trapping them under a layer of fire. The ash thing attempts to pass through your prison. It succeeds, but it looses part of itself in the process.

Meanwhile, River seems to have shifted focus from Ike to the ash thing. He runs towards it, but stops when he gets close to your fire surrounding it, growling at it. You are a second behind, still trying to grab his attention by barking and whining. He looks at you for a moment.
<KILL IT! KILL!>
Then he looks at the thing again and bends his legs as if he's getting ready to jump.

Staging Area

Spoiler: Resuming operations... (click to show/hide)

Everyone who is not in the Campaign mission wakes up at the bottom floor of the inn, sitting on various places, including the bar and laying on the floor. It looks much like last time, complete with Rodger manning the bar (he looks busy cooking) and the fungimen band playing... something. It's slow, discordant, and low pitched, without a discernible rhythm (one could easily mistake it for them tuning their instruments), but it also sounds kinda sad.

OOC
Sorry for the delay, got busy with birthday stuff.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 09:37:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3445 on: February 12, 2015, 09:39:06 pm »

(Happy Bday!)

See what Rodger's doing. What is that stuff?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 10:04:35 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3446 on: February 12, 2015, 10:01:10 pm »

Inconspicuously wipe my eyes. If anyone notices it, disguise it as trying to get something out of my eye.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3447 on: February 12, 2015, 10:36:53 pm »

"Hyawn... I'm awake now. Oh hey, that'd ate numerous people here now. Might as well introduce myself! I am Welroki, the new resident mad scientist, and I will not be accepting angry mobs at this time. I'll need a deathpit first. At the very least."
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3448 on: February 12, 2015, 10:45:04 pm »

All fire ->air above wraith
once River's jump is complete, if the wraith is still in the air, all fire -> wraith, repeatedly encasing it in a sphere of flame, having it split half and half into two concentric hollow spheres of flame that each rapidly grow smaller, centered on the wraith's current location. once each sphere is condensed into a single point, all the fire from that sphere is moved to form the new outer circle of the pair.
Physically, I run directly under the wraith, keeping close track of it as it flees.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3449 on: February 12, 2015, 11:28:00 pm »

John stood up, shook himself off, and subconsciously checked his chest for intactness.  Everything appeared to be there.  That out of the way, he offered Welroki a handshake before sitting at the bar.

"Welcome!  The name's John.  Scientist, eh?  What field?  I'm in mechanics and electronics myself.  Rodger, could I have something apple cider-ish?  Hard, of course."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 521