Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077354 times)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Double kill
« Reply #3705 on: March 16, 2015, 02:07:29 pm »

Saevus doesn't react to Modus' slights. There are no tin-cans in sight. What is a tin can anyway?

"Humans have hight me Saevus. And who dost thou meanest by "guy in the tin-can"? There is naught tin here."
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

akkudakku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: March 16, 2015, 02:20:21 pm »

Oh so it's a SHAKESPEAREAN tin-can.

"Wha... Eh. Well, it's figure of speech, you know."

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: March 16, 2015, 10:32:39 pm »

"Let me mention a couple of things in case you go up against Saevus at some point. He is pretty decent at a range, and he is terrifying up close. He likes charging at people, but that does not mean he isn't smart."
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3708 on: March 17, 2015, 08:15:34 pm »

Coolrune206

Move back in and bite quickly into any place I can, giving the venom about one or two seconds to inject before moving away, then finding another spot to bite. Aim for the arms and the torso, but don't miss an opportunity to get his head.
GRAB THE FISHDILLO BY THE TUSKS, AND RODIO THE THING!
Rune dashes forward and before Ron can do anything, he stabs him with his giant fangs straight to the chest, injecting a minuscule amount of venom straight inside Ron's heart. And unfortunately for Ron, he is not Jason Statham and is thus unable to resist the effects of the poison. He can feel pain in his chest, his heartbeat getting slower. He doesn't have much time left.

((The way I see it, there is little Salsacookies can do at this point, since he will soon be missing a functional heart, which is usually needed to stay alive. But since he still has a few heartbeats left, I thought I should at least give him a chance to do something, just in case he has a good idea.))

Staging Area

"Don't be hard on yourself; you put up a good fight.  I wouldn't be surprised if we see each other again!"
"Don't worry, I'm not taking it personally. Truthfully it was a hilarious end to our fight."
"Name's Modus. I saw a lot of shit in my life but this is a first. So... We are in the losers bracket, meaning WE get to fight each other? Not the nicest way to get to know someone."

Turning to the man that didn't introduce himself.

"Sounds like a land mine. Also, whats your name?"
"Oh, sorry. I'm Welroki, the resident mad scientist. Also, I more or less respectfully disagree. What better way to get to know someone than a fight to the death? The fact that we won't actually die is a bonus."
<That's why I like you. Don't worry, it was your first time, almost everyone dies in their first time. Speaking of which...>

Quote from: Beirus
<character>
Another man appears in the area for the second chance round participants, this one being about 6 feet (1.8 metres) tall with brown hair, brown eyes and a mountain man beard.
<Here. Play nice while you wait for a chance to die and/or kill each other. We'll be starting soon. Be friendly, give the newbies some tips, explain what's going on.
Or don't. More fun that way. Whatever you want, really.>

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Appreciate the bowl. Smell it. What is it made of? Does it shine? Are there any remnants of food on it? Try to get at them if there are. Test out different bowl positions in my hands or on a nearby surface to find the most aesthetically pleasing one.

x+«-Rhyolite bowl-»+x

This is a well crafted Rhyolite bowl. Under the item is a finely designed carving of a group of symbols. The symbols are in two neat lines. The inside of the bowl has been scarred and smoothed from heavy use. Part of it is slightly chipped, creating a sharp edge that could potentially cut someone if they held it from there or put their mouth close to it.

*rolls*
You decide that the best position for the bowl is on your head, wearing it as a helmet.
Kassiver looks at you. He is not amused.
"Keep the bowl clean. Other people use that."

I smile a sad smile as the old man threatens me, but have nothing to say on the subject.

Coward.

Looks like he can't tell the difference between actual humans like Ike and my human form. which makes sense since physically I am human, only difference is I age slowly.

"Geography first please, after that the basic theory of how magic works here."

I can't let this man cast a single spell on me. He isn't trustworthy.

I keep very close track of the mage from here on out, and keep vigil on myself as well, paying attention for attempts to hypnotize or mesmerize me, or to cast a hidden spell. During any pauses in the conversation, I'm going to be listening for motion outside, signs of an ambush gathering.
"Allright. Pay close attention. I don't like repeating myself. And I'm going to have to leave early in the morning, so I am not sure how much time we'll have to discuss things in depth."

He looks around for a few seconds before his eyes fall on the magical lantern. He picks it up, opens the stone covering on its bottom a crack and lets most of the ash inside fall down on the desk before closing it again.

"You can understand drawings, I assume? Because I've read there are creatures that do not."

He uses his hands to smooth the ash into a relatively even surface. That done, he uses a finger to make a dot in it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Let's say this is here. The City. The Capital. The heart of our kingdom. Ineth in the shadow of Stodir, the fire living under the mountain."

He sounds a bit sad as he speaks. After a few seconds of silence, he continues speaking normally, perhaps a bit too quickly as he explains what he considers trivial.

"A capital is the centre of a kingdom, usually the place they are managed and ruled from, and a kingdom defines a group of lands and people, if you do not know."

After that, he starts drawing three lines leaving from the city. The first one moves down, towards you.

"This is the southern road. (Something being South means that if you point your right hand towards where the Sun rises, then it will be roughly behind you.) It follows Phlegethon, the river of liquid fire, the one people call Stodir's blood. The road follows Phlegethon until the Firefall, where it falls into the Scar."

He draws a line roughly perpendicular to the road, probably indicating what he called the scar.

"The road continues through the Scar into another kingdom to the south, all the way to their capital."

He makes a couple of small dots on the southern road and a smaller branch of the road going towards the east.

"There are some large settlements along its path and the river provides a great advantage to them, since they are able to draw from its power. With that power they drive machines (things that are capable of moving on their own and performing a certain job with the addition of power) that transfer water and help irrigate the land. There are also a lot smaller ones, most of them clustered around this road." he adds, pointing to the branch of the road moving towards the east.

He removes his finger from the "map" and looks at it thoughtful for a few seconds.

"I hope the destruction that happened here has not reached them. We sent some people there along with a group of traders to request help but they have not returned yet. If no help arrives soon, I will have to lead them towards the south myself... and hope I do not end up leading them in a worse situation."

He places his finger close to the city and draws another line, this one moving towards the east.

"The eastern road was mostly used for trade, and thus is in an excellent condition despite the relatively smaller number of people living there. The land is barren there and parched there, meaning there is little food to be found, so most of the people there are connected to trading in some way. Either mining resources, crafting them into things, providing food and lodging for traders coming from the east... Whatever they can."

He draws a relatively large gap at the end of the eastern road.

"It continues towards the east until it reaches the Gugol mountain range. There's a tunnel there going through the mountain. There's even a machine there that can help you get to the other side a lot faster. Last I heard there was some sort of problem over there so the tunnel was closed, temporarily."

He points to somewhere above the large gap.

"North of the mountain range there's only the desert. Not many people live close to it, no major roads go there. There are nomads living in it and the rare trader or caravan coming from the northern kingdoms, but the traffic is not heavy enough to warrant more than a small border settlement. It is hard to survive in the desert. I suggest not going there unless necessary."

He then draws another line, going towards the north-northwest before stopping.

"And then there's the nortwestern road. Beastmen raids had driven out most of the inhabitants there. Many considered the loss of those lands to be responsible for our current food shortages. I did not fully agree, since there were many other contributing problems of much greater importance. But it was the easiest problem to deal with. So the King took a gamble and sent a large part of our military there to try to reclaim the land without destroying it. The campaign was successful in driving out the beastmen and striking back at their camps beyond the border, but our army suffered many losses."

He points towards the patch of ash north of the end of the line.

"Beyond the end of the road are the lands of Drutrir. Hills, forests, grasslands. Beastmen territory. Not much is known about it. As you can probably guess, the road to the northeast is not in the best of conditions. Many of the settlements are being rebuilt, the military is still trying to make sure everyone is safe, many Spines are still being reactivated and reconnected to-"

He looks up to you and starts quickly explaining again, although his tone soon changes to something a bit more slow and thoughtful.

"Spines are-... were smaller buildings like the tower connected to the power of the Tower, sharing magical energy through it. Almost every settlement large enough to warrant it has a Spine. And almost every settlement that doesn't have a Spine is supposed to have a Temple with a weak mage or two. They are almost always built in a place that has a sufficiently large amount of magical power. I do not know what would have happened to them after..."

He looks down at the map again.

"As I said, it is mostly devoid of life, not many settlers brave or desperate enough to go there, even with the food situation being what it is. And it is still quite dangerous."

He makes another line leaving the city, going towards the west.

"There's also the western road, but it is not used very frequently any-more. Not many people living there now. Ever since the elves took our lands in the west, there are few things moving on it that are not connected to the military in some way. Still, it was a major road in the past, so it is still in a somewhat good condition."

He looks at you and makes a negatory gesture with one of his hands as he continues talking.

"Not that I suggest you go there. Elves are not known for their hospitality. I talked to a mage coming from there and he said the elves have built some sort of giant magical wall close to the hills there. I suppose they think that will keep us from burning their precious forest down."

He says the final bit with a hint of anger, grimacing slightly as he mentions the forest.

"So, those are the basics of geography for our kingdom. I could explain more about the other kingdoms, if you want. If the one you are looking for is not close to this kingdom, then you're probably better off going towards the South, beyond the Scar and searching for a ship. (Ships are large things that can carry people across large bodies of water.)"

He picks up the tool he had touching the stone at the bottom of the magical lantern. Its tip has started glowing like a car's cigarette lighter.

"But first,"

You watch his hand carefully. He holds the tip up for a moment to look at it, improves his grip on the tool and quickly brings his hand closer to the wooden board in front of him.

"I believe I have answered your question adequately, so now it is time for you to answer my own."

He starts touching the wooden board with the tip of the glowing implement and quickly moving it across its surface, leaving shallow gouges of darkened wood on it, occasionally glancing at you as he speaks. It doesn't look like he's casting a spell, but you are not sure.

"What I want to know is if you can explain the way the spell that got you here works. And how can you know what you claim you know about what happened to the Tower. Were you from the same world as those creatures? Are you or any of the others you mentioned related to them and the events that transpired there in any way?"
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 08:20:17 pm by Parisbre56 »

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: March 17, 2015, 08:35:51 pm »

Have one final chomp before swimming a fair distance away to assess the situation.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: March 17, 2015, 08:40:58 pm »

Grab his fangs, and use all my strength to break them through his skull and stab into his brain
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: March 18, 2015, 03:32:28 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Take off the bowl from my head sharpish and put it at a respectable distance from my foolish self. Hide my face in my hands.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: March 18, 2015, 03:53:28 am »

I reach out to the board he's drawing on, and slowly and gently at first, but firmly if he resists, tug it to my chest and away from his implement.
"Please, I'm nervous right now, don't do that."
I take three slow deep breaths, and then respond to his question.
"I'm nervous because your suspicions are partly correct. I did have something to do with how the portal here was closed."
I swallow before continuing.
"D-dont... don't do anything scary for a bit please, I'm... I'm afraid you're going to attack me when I tell you this, and if you attack me, I'm going to have to kill you on the spot. I don't have anything less than lethal right now. I've killed way too many people lately, don't make me kill more. Please!"
I carefully regulate my breathing before going on.
"The world your portal connected to was a nexus of paths, a place it is much easier to go between worlds to and from. We arrived there using the abilities of one of my teammates. I honestly don't know how he does it. We actually were trying to reach your world directly, but someone, I think the being we're chasing, had damaged the relay there and we had to stop short. While we were trying to fix the relay, we were attacked by some of the parasites infesting the world, and by a couple people they had possessed. After we struck them down, one of my teammates somehow examined the remainder of the mind of one dead human they had possessed. Someone wearing an emblem that looked like this."
I sweep some of the ash into a pile again and draw the symbol on the emblem as best I can.
"He told us that the person had been some kind of mage, and that they had been part of an expeditionary group from the place we were trying to go. and that he could show us the way to where their portal was. We followed his guidance, and found a glowing rift in the middle of an open area, one that was pulsing with energy, and that energy was drawing the parasites towards it from far, far away, and that was surrounded by many possessed humans too. We fought our way through it, and when we came out the other side, we were inside a stone structure, with a large hole in one wall that showed a city under siege. giant parasites were roaming the skies and devouring the people below, dozens upon dozens of parasites were in the room with us, and we could see still more roaming the city. we had many more possessed people in the room with us too, and an army was coming through the portal behind us. So we fled the room to a more defensible position, and I noticed that the portal was partly powered by a form of modified flame. So I reached out to it and disrupted that flow. I wanted to stop more of the parasites from coming through, to maybe give the people here a chance. It worked, the portal shut down, but in the fighting some dark stone tablets in the portal room were damaged, glowing cracks spreading across their faces, and eventually they started exploding in a chain reaction, the tablets damaging each other and making each other detonate. We managed to shield ourselves from the blasts, but the explosions damaged the floor below the tablets, and it suddenly crumbled away below us, revealing a giant glowing power source, and a number of the damaged tablets fell down the hole directly into the power source before we could react. The resulting explosion kept all of us disabled for... I don't even know how long, really, i think weeks? and several of us still haven't recovered. I'm pretty sure that explosion is what destroyed your city."
I'm watching the old mage really really closely right now, afraid of how he might react.
and if he attacks me, I immolate him in flame summoned directly on top of him.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: March 18, 2015, 03:56:39 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Oh, and if shit starts to go down, throw the bowl at Master Kassiver's face as a distraction. If he's hostile, of course. If it's someone else, throw the bowl at their face instead.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:58:40 am by Harry Baldman »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: March 18, 2015, 04:06:27 am »

I've killed way too many people lately, don't make me kill more. Please!"
((I'm sure this is the sentence of someone perfectly innocent.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: March 18, 2015, 04:32:29 am »

I've killed way too many people lately, don't make me kill more. Please!"
((I'm sure this is the sentence of someone perfectly innocent.))
((Of course!))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3716 on: March 18, 2015, 08:24:28 am »

Coolrune206 VS Salsacookies

Have one final chomp before swimming a fair distance away to assess the situation.
Grab his fangs, and use all my strength to break them through his skull and stab into his brain
Rune and Ron act at the same time, both of them trying to harm the other one last time. After extracting himself from Ron's chest, Rune attempts to bite him a second time. Unfortunately for Rune, he ends up biting one of Ron's fist. A fist that Ron is moving as quickly as he can, having put everything he has behind it. Rune's body is pulverized, crushed like a beer can and then exploded into gibs. The shock-wave from the blow is strong enough to create a small cavity of void in the liquid they are in and push the surrounding erythrocytes a bit further away. Ron manages to deliver the blow in such a way that he only feels minor pain and stiffness from the impact.

<Ow, that had to hurt.>
<Should had quit while he was still winning.>

Still, not having your arm broken is little comfort when you are about to die a few seconds later. The pain in Ron's chest intensifies and he drifts into unconsciousness, floating in the continuously moving stream of liquid.

<I wonder if he'll be filtered out by the kidneys.>
<Yes, I am sure that's what everyone's thinking right now.>

<Player 11 defeated. Player 11 will participate in the Second chance round.
Player 7 is victorious. Player 7 advances to Round 2.>

Rune, fully healed and back to human, finds himself in the square along with the other participants to the Second chance round.
Ron finds himself on top of one of the four cyan pillars.

<Round 1 over. Second chance round will begin immediately. Stand by...>

OOC
I've got Wolfkit, Alarith, Coolrune206, akkudakku and Beirus for the second chance round. If anyone wants to do anything, now is the time, since next turn (in ~6 hours or longer, probably) will begin the second chance round.

Spoiler: Previous poll results (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:31:41 am by Parisbre56 »

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: March 18, 2015, 10:41:24 am »

"Any last second questions?"
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: March 18, 2015, 02:30:47 pm »

((Huh. I got one shot. Can I see the rolls? :) ))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Mission Landing
« Reply #3719 on: March 19, 2015, 07:50:35 am »

((Music))

Second chance round

You are inside the cargo section of a cargo plane, close to its tail. Everything is illuminated by a dim red light. Judging from the noise and the vibrations you are experiencing, you are flying.
"Listen up!" you hear a slightly muffled voice shouting.
The voice comes from a woman (at least you assume it's a woman due to her voice) standing close to a tank, wearing a flight helmet with a dark green-tinted faceplate that along with an oxygen mask are completely obscuring her face. Her gloved hand is close to some sort of control panel with various large buttons.
"Get ready! You'll be dropped into the combat zone soon!"
Any attempt to move more than a few steps away proves futile, as you appear to be tied to something behind you. Looking left and right, you see the other contestants (identifiable by the interface on their arm, the silvery shackle-like thing with a round cyan screen), each of them wearing the same uniform, dark green with a grey skull in the shoulder. They all wear backpacks that are attached to the ceiling behind them, close to the cargo door.
"There's two win conditions! Either take and hold the hill-"
You start feeling weightless. The noise of the engines becomes quieter and is replaced by intense shaking.
She takes a second to readjust her grip to the wall.
"Take and hold the hill or be the last man standing! Understand?"
Something explodes nearby, causing the shaking to intensify. The door behind you starts opening and the feeling of weightlessness diminishes somewhat.
Not waiting for a response, she continues yelling.
"Move quickly! Before he has a chance to catch up to you!"
The door finishes opening, revealing darkness lit by the occasional flash or point of light. The dim red light illuminating the cargo section becomes a dim green light.
"Go, go, go!"
Before you can do anything, she presses a button and one by one you fall backwards.
You fall out of the door along with the rest of the cargo, your parachute starting to open the moment you exit. The parachute deploys, the sudden deceleration causing some discomfort. You watch the cargo plane disappear inside the clouds, climbing upwards while releasing a stream of flares behind it. The flares fall towards the ground along with you and the other- Wait! The ground!
*thump*
The impact is a bit rough but you come out uninjured, despite the fact that you were dropped so low reaching the ground took only about 10 seconds. The ground is soft and muddy, like it has recently rained, which helps soften the impact.

The area around you is still illuminated by the leftovers of the flares that fell with you. You appear to be inside a shallow ditch carved by a rather large tank that is slowly trying to move forward in front of you, the mud slowing it down. Behind it you can see a small hill with tracer rounds flying into the sky behind it. Occasional flashes of light illuminate the sky above it revealing grey clouds, with the sound of an explosion following less than a second later.

Looking left and right, you can catch glimpses of the other contestants behind their parachutes. The terrain appears to be relatively flat, with only the occasional rock or shallow crater providing any sort of cover. Not that you can see very far away in the darkness of the night.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Staging Area

The central pillar lights up, showing the three remaining contestants images of their potential opponents competing for the fourth place of Round 2.
"Anybody want some pop corn?"

Campaign

Campaign, Ike!

Take off the bowl from my head sharpish and put it at a respectable distance from my foolish self. Hide my face in my hands.

Campaign, Ike!

Oh, and if shit starts to go down, throw the bowl at Master Kassiver's face as a distraction. If he's hostile, of course. If it's someone else, throw the bowl at their face instead.

You attempt to put the bowl away from you yet in a position that you can quickly grab it.
You also attempt to remain alert but at the same time cover your eyes. If it weren't for your enhanced senses, I would be making some sort of joke here.

<dialogue I used to respond>

I'm watching the old mage really really closely right now, afraid of how he might react.
and if he attacks me, I immolate him in flame summoned directly on top of him.
You reach out to the board he's drawing on, and slowly and gently tug it towards your chest and away from his implement. He stops drawing and looks at you very annoyed, while trying to hold on to the board with one hand. He lets go of it when you tug more firmly.
"Please, I'm nervous right now, don't do that."
He continues looking at you with an annoyed look. He ends a sigh of exasperation with a single "Fine." before letting go of the implement and crossing his arms.
You take three slow deep breaths, and then respond to his question.
"I'm nervous because your suspicions are partly correct. I did have something to do with how the portal here was closed."
He looks at you with more interest than annoyance now.
You swallow before continuing.
"D-dont... don't do anything scary for a bit please, I'm... I'm afraid you're going to attack me when I tell you this, and if you attack me, I'm going to have to kill you on the spot. I don't have anything less than lethal right now. I've killed way too many people lately, don't make me kill more. Please!"
As you speak, you watch his body become more tense. He lets his hands fall to his sides where you can't see them due to the table obscuring them. He is watching you intently, his eyes following the movements of your body.
You carefully regulate your breathing before going on.
"The world your portal connected to was a nexus of paths, a place it is much easier to go between worlds to and from. We arrived there using the abilities of one of my teammates. I honestly don't know how he does it. We actually were trying to reach your world directly, but someone, I think the being we're chasing, had damaged the relay there and we had to stop short. While we were trying to fix the relay, we were attacked by some of the parasites infesting the world, and by a couple people they had possessed. After we struck them down, one of my teammates somehow examined the remainder of the mind of one dead human they had possessed. Someone wearing an emblem that looked like this."
You sweep some of the ash into a pile again and draw the symbol on the emblem as best as you can. His eyes follow the movement of your hand, occasionally glancing at you. He keeps looking at it for about a second after you finish, his eyes widening and his eyebrows coming closer together, before he continues looking at you very carefully.
"He told us that the person had been some kind of mage, and that they had been part of an expeditionary group from the place we were trying to go. and that he could show us the way to where their portal was. We followed his guidance, and found a glowing rift in the middle of an open area, one that was pulsing with energy, and that energy was drawing the parasites towards it from far, far away, and that was surrounded by many possessed humans too. We fought our way through it, and when we came out the other side, we were inside a stone structure, with a large hole in one wall that showed a city under siege. giant parasites were roaming the skies and devouring the people below, dozens upon dozens of parasites were in the room with us, and we could see still more roaming the city. we had many more possessed people in the room with us too, and an army was coming through the portal behind us. So we fled the room to a more defensible position, and I noticed that the portal was partly powered by a form of modified flame. So I reached out to it and disrupted that flow. I wanted to stop more of the parasites from coming through, to maybe give the people here a chance. It worked, the portal shut down, but in the fighting some dark stone tablets in the portal room were damaged, glowing cracks spreading across their faces, and eventually they started exploding in a chain reaction, the tablets damaging each other and making each other detonate. We managed to shield ourselves from the blasts, but the explosions damaged the floor below the tablets, and it suddenly crumbled away below us, revealing a giant glowing power source, and a number of the damaged tablets fell down the hole directly into the power source before we could react. The resulting explosion kept all of us disabled for... I don't even know how long, really, i think weeks? and several of us still haven't recovered. I'm pretty sure that explosion is what destroyed your city."
The man continues looking at you intently. He stays silent for a long time. He doesn't look very happy. You notice his arms moving slightly.
"I see." he finally says very slowly, his voice quiet and calm but a bit bitter.
He remains silent for a few more seconds.
"I do not-... I will not try to hide my... displeasure with what you've told me. I fear that-"
He pauses for a short moment to glance at something towards his right and then continues speaking a bit more quickly.
"Answer me this first and remain honest. Why are you here? You said you miss your home. Yet you said very little about the people living there. You said you do not want to kill people. Yet you admit to have killed too many. Do you only care about hunting that being you are hunting? Is that why you are here? Do you have any concern about the humans living here? Do you consider them as important as you?"

OOC
((Huh. I got one shot. Can I see the rolls? :) ))
Don't remember exactly, but I do remember that you got equal RFLX rolls (both got 3 after modifiers were applied). After that, since you were both attacking in melee and got equal RFLX, there was a STR roll where Salsa rolled absurdly high, I think it was a 9 or 10 and you got 2 or 3. And then there was an END roll I don't remember.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 521