Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1072346 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Special People: Making friends wherever we go
« Reply #4050 on: June 14, 2015, 06:52:40 pm »

Final Round

It looks like my descriptions were not as good as I would had liked.
Toaster is in the elevator. Salsacookies is on the end of a somewhat dark hallway opposite to the elevator under a hole in the ceiling. Like this (not to scale):

┌─┐│ │              │ │
│ └┘ └─────────░░┘ │
T                ∞S
│ ┌┐ ┌─────────░░┐ │
└─┘│ │              │ │

Where the things around Salsacookies are debris and damaged walls.

Coolrune and Hawk are on a bridge, above water.

≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
─────────────────────────────
    ≈  ²      ≈    ≈WW²WW  WW
═ ═ ═ ═ HH═ ═ ═ ═ ═C═ ═ ═ ═ ═
WW  WW ≈²   ≈
────────WW───────────────────
≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈

Where the WW are cars and the things around Hawk are small debris from the car crash, the (now dissolved) organic spikes Coolrune shot at him and his disabled transport. And the yellow thing is the line on the road separating the two lanes. And the line near the sea is the railing.

You are all in your standart starting conditions, with your standard starting gear. No extra guns, no extra swords, no extra jetpacks. Just normal humans (or suits of armour or... whatever you are). If you want to stab your enemy and spears are not part of your standard equipment then you're going to have to find something to stab them with yourself. Same with running away, flying, shooting stuff, blowing stuff up, etc.

Staging Area

"HI-YARGH!!!"

Punch him in da face. Then kick him in the stomach. Then toss him into the air. Then chop him in the shoulder.
Smile at my opponent and block what strikes I can.
The short man runs towards Bryan. Bryan smiles and raises his hands to defend himself. The man opens with a punch and a kick. Bryan partially manages to block the hits and shove them asside, preventing them from hitting his centre of mass. They still hit strongly enough to push him back, however.

As expected, he feels no pain, but he notices a red line appearing at the bottom edge of his vision. The bar grows shorter, about 17/20. At the same time, he sees a green bar appear above his opponent and take a small dip, displaying 19/20.

Observe those fighting, in case they use any interesting combat techiques to remember.

Do try to do something interesting, would you?

You play the role of that guy in anime who's always watching the fight and commenting on what's going on (even if it's blatantly obvious, even if he logically shouldn't have time to comment on that) in a super excited manner.

"Oh no! It looks like while defence saved Bryan's life HP, it's not a viable long term strategy. If he keeps getting hit like that, he's going to run out of HP soon! What is he going to do now?!"

Haste the dwarf in the 'duel', watch TV.
The duel is outside. The TV (which is currently displaying the intro. Looks like the director went with rapid cuts from one character to the other) is inside the inn. You can't be in two places at once. One of the rules of the staging area.

i sigh deeply and say listen all i want is a something to drink that has higher than believable alcohol content.
He hands you a bottle that reads 1/+0 % ABV.
<Hahaha, the good stuff!>
"Which reminds me. S0, disable protection?"

"Nyargh! I am the mad scientist Welroki and I will not have a fool made of myself by my own meal!"
Laser the steak. Laser it now.
You create a laser grid even the red queen would envy. With it, you slice the stake into many small cubes. Which continue bouncing around the place like a bunch of ping pong balls on crack.
You probably should had thought about this a bit more.

((I'm going to be gone for a tad bit, not today, but in a few days. You might need to auto me- I can't make a flowchart suitable for a game of this complexity beyond- hit enemies, protect friends, use special moves only if necessary, regain specials whenever possible.))
Next two weeks are going to be real busy for me, so as long as you are back until then, you should be fine. (I really shouldn't even be taking the time to even write this, but I was always terrible at managing my time.)

OOC
I'll see if I can manage to write the Campaign turn today too, but I'll post this now in case I don't manage to do so.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4051 on: June 14, 2015, 07:18:20 pm »

Quote from: Action is still the same
Saevus, Final Round

"Foolish. This weapon of thine shan't save thou."

Observe those fighting, in case they use any interesting combat techiques to remember.

Do try to do something interesting, would you?

You play the role of that guy in anime who's always watching the fight and commenting on what's going on (even if it's blatantly obvious, even if he logically shouldn't have time to comment on that) in a super excited manner.
((Sounds like one of the people commenting on the races in Initial D.))
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:40:10 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4052 on: June 14, 2015, 07:22:45 pm »

"PUNY! Eat my blows! Not literally... but eat them!"

Slam him onto the ground. Then special.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4053 on: June 14, 2015, 09:56:56 pm »

((Don't I have wings?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4054 on: June 15, 2015, 07:53:04 am »

No changes to my action
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4055 on: June 15, 2015, 07:56:32 am »

This time, there was no effort with banter.  There was a job to be done.

Spoiler: John Action (click to show/hide)

((Same))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4056 on: June 15, 2015, 02:40:43 pm »

"Now it gets interesting"
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

mydjet

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4057 on: June 16, 2015, 03:25:03 am »

(yes disabling it is fine) i take the bottle, take off the cap, and take a small swig of it. i then turn around and pay attention to the flying meat taking regular sips of the bottle until i am good and drunk.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4058 on: June 16, 2015, 07:07:04 am »

((Don't I have wings?))
Nope. You absorbed those when you landed to make up for the spikes you shot. Think of it as cutscene power to the max.
Right now it's just two men one shapechanger in the form of a human and a magical suit of armour in a fight to the death, mano a mano, man to man, just you and him... and my GUARDS!

Campaign

((Oh dear. I'm dreading those rolls. I risk losing two players right after two players were revived. And with the way things are, things might get even worse. At best, it will be a giant waste of time. At worst... Well, let's hope we don't end up with a TPK.

Well, here goes.))

I actually do know what to do for that, in terms of first aid anyway. and it depends on where exactly the problem is. is there a stump that extends just past the shoulder socket, or is it gone all the way up to and including the shoulder socket itself? the second one is far, far worse. the first one is simple - apply tournnequet to the stump. the latter one is scream for the medic in every way you possibly can while getting every bit of gauze you can scrape, scrounge, or murder for  and stuffing it (packing it) properly into the exposed artererial area with one hand while holding it in place with the other. once it's in place and the bleeding hasn't stopped - you pack even more gauze into it until it does.

after it has finally been mostly stopped you wrap that wall of gauze in with a giant roll of... i'm derping on the name right now, it's that stretchy cloth stuff. anyway you wrap it around the injury and around to the other side of their torso and back again like 15 times, to include wrapping the area around the injury itself and not just the injury itself so that it stays pretty secure and stable.

next step is a saline drip if you have it. but since you dont (because you never do) you just skip that one

after that is hospital ASAP. and breaking traffic laws is recomended.

and even when you get them there, having succesfully done all of the above (and treated for shock as best you can while you're moving them) expect them to die anyway.

oh, and in either case you have about 8 seconds to get step 1 done from the time of the injury or the patient is dead of blood loss right there in front of you. the actual death will take a lil longer than those 8 seconds, but not much.
((Thanks. It's always nice to learn new things.

Isn't there a thing where if the limb is torn away instead of sliced the veins curl up and close and make the bleeding smaller or something like that?

My knowledge of treating injuries consists of "Apply pressure/tourniquet as best as you can (without cutting blood supply if possible), disinfect if possible, get someone more capable to tell you what to do." plus some things about concussion, broken bone and car crash. As you can imagine, my knowledge about animals is even smaller (except for some factoids about the biology of insects and serpents and fish), but I assume mammals are similar to humans.))

Just stay conscious. I haven't bled to death yet, so Ike bandaged me up well. I just need to keep my mind active. working brain means working heart means still alive. Ike will get me to River in time. I'm sure he will.

((Blood loss is going to make me feel cold as I stop getting proper blood flow, leading to going into shock. however, Ike carrying me by the tail of all things actually will help with this. he's forcing the blood out of my legs and into my head/chest area, which is why I need to preverve the most. my legs can handle lack of / poor bloodflow way better than my head/brain can. this is why part of treating for shock includes elevating the person's head and putting a blanket on them, even in hot weather. Ike doesn't know it, but his full-body-bandages are already serving as the blanket and his carrying method is kinda extreme leg elevation. in short, I'm being treated for shock already.))
((I just had him grab you from there because of that upgrade. Hmmm... guess I could give you a bonus.))
Campaign, Ike!

"Well, good effort. Gotta go fast!"

Run for River and think happy thoughts.
((If I kill Alan now, then we will definitely encounter a problem later on that can only be solved by household appliances.))

Poke Alan with my new weapon to wake him. "Get up. We need to leave."
Remove the glass shard, stop the bleeding, then help him up and hand him the crutch.

If Alan doesn't wake up, then murder him with the nailboard. "Sorry Alan."
Get his soul orb, wrap it in his clothes and put it in my bag.

Also grab some spare cloth from the tapestries, spare cloth is always useful.
Attempt to waken myself with thoughts of vengeance against the foul waterfowl that struck me down.

NAV
You poke Alan and ask for him to get up. He mumbles something about not wanting to go to school today, followed by something about DarkWaterFowl. Well, he's not awake, but he's not dead yet. You could wait a bit longer, but if something bad does come then you're going to have a hard time-
<Something coming. Be ready.>
Damn. Looks like it's too late. You're going to have to do this quick.
You raise your nailboard and prepare to "relieve Alan's head from some of its pressure and let out the evil spirits". Good thing you experimented with Trepanation on your enemies.
<Others are here.>
You pause. What, those people from that island?

HB
You find it a lot easier to navigate through the city, the buildings providing landmarks that trigger your memory and help complement your senses.

About halfway there, as you enter the more damaged parts of the city, the cost of your speed is starting to catch up to you. Your entire body is aching.

By the time you have reached the cracked earth surrounding the crater, you feel dizzy and out of breath. You move with your eyes half closed, focused on the act of running, the sound of your heartbeat in your ears helping you keep the pace. Irine has stopped moving. You don't bother stopping to check if she's breathing. It won't matter either way.

You move so quickly you almost miss the dark shape slowly moving towards you, until a white line of teeth appears in it.
<STOP>

You slow down and then stop. Your entire body, especially your legs, feel like they are throbbing. Your sense of balance is off. Feels like you're still running. This is going to hurt tomorrow.

You lay Irine down, perhaps a bit more forcefully than was necessary. You attempt to say something, but only wheezing comes out. So you simply make some vague gestures towards Irine to accompany the noises you are making.

River limps towards Irine. He looks and sniffs at her for a few seconds before turning to stare at you.
<You hunted humans.> he states.
He looks pretty banged up compared to the last time you saw him. Obviously there's the broken leg, but it's also in the way he looks and moves. He looks slower, less alert and somehow... smaller, less vibrant, like a shadow.

<The crater. Help take Alan. I take her.>

Irine
It's hard to keep track of what is going on. You think you must have lost consciousness. You have few memories of how you got here. You remember something following you, staring at you, running away, trying to outrun it... Or was that a dream? It's all a bit confused. Only think vivid in your memory is the desire to hold on.

Looks like River is here. He is looking at you, hie eyes two points of amber in the darkness.
His eyes look different though. Or maybe it's the way they look at you that's different.
He's talking about you. You can hear him in your mind.

Xan
Someone is calling for you. They're insistent, but you feel much more content duck hunting.
If that stupid annoying dog would stop laughing at you... You bet it's in secretly in league with the ducks.

OOC
You won't believe how lucky you got.
For that thing, anyway... Lots of rolls this turn.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4059 on: June 16, 2015, 07:16:47 am »

Campaign, Ike!

<Hey, we -oh shit I'm going to die- didn't hunt any -wheeze- of them. She -holy crap my heart is pumping battery acid- pissed them off, and then I -wheeze- had to kill a bunch. It was a terrible shame, really,> Ike thinks at River halfway chaotically, not sure if he can be heard. <Got some -oh god this is terrible- swords out of it, so not a total loss, right?>

Go grab Alan. Maybe ask River where Alan is if I can't tell. Try not to die of exhaustion.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4060 on: June 16, 2015, 08:25:28 am »

<R-River? I... I messed up. I think... I wanted to make new friends, but they only like liars. only liars. I... I lost my arms River. No arms for me. I can't even walk now. I... Ike's a hero. Ike saved me. Ike knew to lie. He fought 4 of them at once to save me. They wanted to make me a statue River. I tried to talk and they lied and attacked me and I don't know why. Why can't I have friends River? I wanted to make friends... Friends... Is Zech ok River? And Theri? Is everyone else okay? I'm scared River. I don't want to die. I...>
Deliriously ramble at River in bits and pieces. Stay thinking. Stay alive.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4061 on: June 16, 2015, 09:38:43 am »

((Changing my action a little.))
Quote from: Action is different
Saevus, Final Round

"Foolish. This weapon of thine shan't save thou."

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4062 on: June 16, 2015, 11:17:09 am »

Goddammit dog, you're supposed to help me hunt them. I'll show you!

Eat all the dog treats I brought along for the dog, then swagger away. Leave the dumbass to defend himself from the ducks, see how he likes it.

Non-Alanified Action: Try waking up fully.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4063 on: June 16, 2015, 02:04:11 pm »

New action: Shoot him while backpedaling rapidly. If he gets too close, jump off the bridge and turn into a fast moving ship, or if I can, a coelcanth.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4064 on: June 16, 2015, 03:23:43 pm »

Staging Area

"PUNY! Eat my blows! Not literally... but eat them!"

Slam him onto the ground. Then special.
"Now it gets interesting"
Kosak prepares to land a heavy hit on Bryan, but in his overconfidence he leaves himself open to counter-attack. Which is just what Bryan is ready to do.

With a scream of "Hadoooooken!" he shoves his palms forward. The telekinetic wave that erupts from them hits Kosak straight on the head, sending him flying backwards and landing on his face. The telekinetic blast itself is unfocused and spread over a large area so it doesn't deal much damage, but the rough landing is a different story.

By the end, Kosak is face down a few metres away with the red bar above his head at 18/20, same as the blue bar above Bryan.

"Oh my! What a hit! It looks like Bryan's strategy was to wait for an opening to deliver a powerful blow! However his hit was not as powerful as he would had liked! Right now he is still in a worse condition that his opponent! Slightly worse, but worse. His only advantage is that he has managed to stun his enemy! Will he be able to take advantage of that? I sure hope Kosak keeps attacking. Learning more about the fighting technique of those two is awesome, especially Kosak's!" ((If you find this annoying, I will stop. Just doing it for fun/as a joke.))

(yes disabling it is fine) i take the bottle, take off the cap, and take a small swig of it. i then turn around and pay attention to the flying meat taking regular sips of the bottle until i am good and drunk.
<Safe mode disabled.>
You take a swig from the alcohol bottle. You feel a pleasant warmth spreading from your stomach. Which turns into pain, like heartburn times 100. You instinctively move your arm to your stomach. The hand passes right through the thin membrane that has become your skin, an effect that is rapidly spreading outwards. Some kind of liquid spills out of the hole. Your torso collapses as everything goes dark.

You respawn on a barstool a few feet away from the remains of your corpse: A burning puddle of self-replicating alcohol on the floor. Guess that explains the "Best served with Ice-9" on the label.
Pages: 1 ... 269 270 [271] 272 273 ... 521