Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1064846 times)

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4290 on: July 09, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

<Will do, friend! So, Nicky, you going to keep watching out, or do you want me to trade spots with you? I'd be better at listening for trouble anyhow.>

We linger and wait and rest, and do not seek the deaths of these foul interlopers... just yet. If Nikolai accepts, take up watch (or, rather, the listening position).
<Eh? Sure, let's trade spots. Put your big ears to use.

Maybe we can work things out with those people, find a peaceful solution...........pffft Hahahaha no. Still, probably best to not leave loose ends.>

Trade spots with Ike.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 10:35:30 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4291 on: July 10, 2015, 04:15:56 am »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4292 on: July 10, 2015, 05:08:55 am »

((I will be without internet for the weekend, so here is a generalized post.))

Campaign

Continue to generate shards around me and keep myself where I am right now, simply and slowly collecting power for use later. If the shards are starting to wear me out, stop generating new ones and keep my current shards in a static position.

If we are attacked, use my shards to assist Nikolai and Ike by putting up a defensive shield, creating a cloud of small shards to disrupt the attackers' view, or launching shards against the  attackers in an attempt to injure or kill them, should it be necessary. Any of these three actions should suffice depending on the situation, but if not, then GM interpretation is allowed.

If no attacks yet, continue as stated in my first paragraph and adjust myself based on new information from Ike and Nikolai. Once again, up to GM interpretation.

Beyond that, follow anyone on the team except for Alan and what they want to do - unless it goes directly against my self-preservation, any of my teammate's preservation, or if it is blatantly and utterly stupid. Also, attempt to follow my ethical code, unless it's literally a matter of life and death.

((I trust my teammates [except for Alan] on that last one, but just in case.))
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:48:26 am by DarkArtemisFowl »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4293 on: July 10, 2015, 05:26:28 am »

Spoiler: Halfway there (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:33:21 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Cobblestone Path Fighter
« Reply #4294 on: July 10, 2015, 06:21:40 am »

John is looking very surprised, his mouth wide open:
"What was that?i"

He closes his mouth, then frown theatrically:
"Hm. Before choosing our strategy, we should assess our situation better."
Assess situation.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4295 on: July 10, 2015, 07:26:12 am »

Campaign

as I finish recovering from my change, I remain silent. Watching my teammates and trusting them to know what to do.
Ha! That's a good one.

Wait around impatiently with a vacant smile on my face.
You wait, smiling despite the tension in the air and the sense of impending doom.
Guess it goes to show you got balls.

Campaign, Ike!

<Will do, friend! So, Nicky, you going to keep watching out, or do you want me to trade spots with you? I'd be better at listening for trouble anyhow.>

We linger and wait and rest, and do not seek the deaths of these foul interlopers... just yet. If Nikolai accepts, take up watch (or, rather, the listening position).
<Eh? Sure, let's trade spots. Put your big ears to use.

Maybe we can work things out with those people, find a peaceful solution...........pffft Hahahaha no. Still, probably best to not leave loose ends.>

Trade spots with Ike.
You make your way back to the other tunnel for some reason.

Campaign, Ike!

You attempt to quietly make your way towards Nikolai's hiding spot, but you are too focused on your hearing and smell to notice a loose rock on your path. You stumble and fall. Your reflexes are good enough that you catch your sword before it hits the ground and alerts those two to your presence, but the whole thing delays you enough that by the time you've reached a position where hearing those two is easier, they're just finishing talking. All you catch is one of them muttering something about "damn mages", the other saying something like "not all bad. You saw what he did" and the first merely grunting non-committally as a response, probably not interested in continuing the argument.

Now that you're out of the tunnel, you can sense what's going on better. Looks like the human smells you are smelling are coming from the same direction those two did, brought towards you by a relatively strong wind, the strongest you've felt since you woke up in this devastated city. You can feel it, even in this small canyon. The coolness it brings is a bit soothing, lessening the discomfort the heat and the pain on your face causes you.

@DAF: Your action is noted. Just not using it right now since I think it doesn't apply to the current situation, but I'll keep it in mind for later.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4296 on: July 10, 2015, 10:04:50 am »

Waiting.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4297 on: July 10, 2015, 10:36:53 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Listen to the sounds on the wind. Relax. This is no time for adventure, nay, this is time for resting!

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4298 on: July 10, 2015, 10:38:59 am »

Group A

<I'll keep that offer in mind, for the moment I would very much like to rescue the prisoner as well as disposing of the gang. Can you hold off for a bit?> ((To Beirus' character, whose name I can't find. Also, could everyone else put their group up top as well? I'm going to have a hard time remembering who is in what group otherwise.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4299 on: July 10, 2015, 01:08:48 pm »

I just reread most of mission 1.  Man, we still haven't learned to not set everything on fire.  I mean, has there been one mission without something going up in flames?  The survival mission, maybe?  No fires that I can recall, ignoring the massive team fight at the end.

Also, I'm glad I did it, because it reminded me what I had set for the backstory of John's universe.

Speaking of, Illgeo, what's your character's last name?  With two Johns there's potential for confusion.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4300 on: July 10, 2015, 01:32:59 pm »

Life's brighter when everything is on fire.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4301 on: July 10, 2015, 01:33:33 pm »

(Yah, giving my character a fire weakness might have been a bad idea  :o )
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4302 on: July 10, 2015, 02:07:04 pm »

Waity waity wait. Fortunately Alan waits better than Xan did.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4303 on: July 10, 2015, 02:16:39 pm »

I just reread most of mission 1.  Man, we still haven't learned to not set everything on fire.  I mean, has there been one mission without something going up in flames?  The survival mission, maybe?  No fires that I can recall, ignoring the massive team fight at the end.

Also, I'm glad I did it, because it reminded me what I had set for the backstory of John's universe.

Speaking of, Illgeo, what's your character's last name?  With two Johns there's potential for confusion.
Fire has caused none of our problems. generally our biggest problems have been due to not having enough fire, or not using fire soon enough. nothing can't be solved with sufficient firepower.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4304 on: July 10, 2015, 02:42:00 pm »

Lenglon is right: most of our problems were caused by stupidity, bad ideas, or poor communication.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.
Pages: 1 ... 285 286 [287] 288 289 ... 521