Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1073257 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Mission 5 has started
« Reply #4575 on: August 12, 2015, 02:48:50 am »

Either summon a big bottle of sunblock, or shoot it out of my hands at everyone else, whichever is more amusing.

If I happen to be shot with sunblock, do try to seize a bottle out of the air if possible - if it's a stream of sunblock, just dodge it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4576 on: August 12, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

"Let's get moving east then. Find the dragon, kill the dragon, get payed."
"I do not like it that you think like that. I brought you here to exist freely. To explore. To make your own choices. Not to follow me blindly. For some quest. For the promise of a reward. I did not like leading line that in the past. I do not like it now. I want companions. Not followers."

"A desert, did I hear? One second and I'll take care of our skins then. Gotta have protection!

Either summon a big bottle of sunblock, or shoot it out of my hands at everyone else, whichever is more amusing.

Put the newspaper down and behind me before this, though, I wanna read it.

The outer surface of your body becomes coated with copious amounts of sunscreen. That includes your stomach, guts and lungs. You collapse on the floor and cough as hard as you can in a futile effort to start breathing again as your blood continues to rapidly run out of oxygen.

"Ah, but you are very much mistaken. For we have our Most Valuable Brigand, Alan on hand, and he can actually conjure tasty food and drink if given time, attention and tender loving care."

"Anyway, it's not a matter of following me or cheesy animal analogies. It's a matter of going in the right direction or the probably completely wrong direction. This isn't a sightseeing trip, it's a hunt."

Ike gives the others a look.

"And I hope you lot are paying attention, because eastward is where the quest is, and there we are most likely to find the dragon we're supposed to kill. As was already said several times. River might be shy a few marbles at the moment by his own admission, but his guess is better than our great steaming handfuls of fuck-all, so let's get our shit together and keep moving ASAP."
"Hm. Maybe you are too afraid to acknowledge it. But you will soon."

"If you are comfortable with your lives depending on a single person. Who doesn't seem too concerned with his life. Someone unwise enough to anger me. Then that is your choice. And it is yours to make. That is why you are here."

With the worst timing ever, Alan collapses and starts coughing a white goo. River is not amused. He looks at him with the same annoyed expression of a recently awoken man staring at his broken alarm clock: knowing he has to get up to stop it, but wishing he could sleep in spite of it and probably hating the thing with all his will because of that.

"Alan! Can you stop killing yourself for a moment? I'm having an argument here! And you're not helping my case!"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:44:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4577 on: August 12, 2015, 02:44:31 pm »

Wake up and inspect myself for injuries. Last thing I saw was a blast of flame flying at my face. Pretty sure I killed that guy, anyways.
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4578 on: August 12, 2015, 03:04:18 pm »

*cough, splutter*

Wait, how am I coughing up the stuff if the sunscreen is on the outside of my organs? Unless you meant that the inside of my body is coated with sunscreen.
In any case, try using the newspaper to perform the Heinrich maneuver on myself. If I die, I die knowing that my remains are SPF-90 resistant.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4579 on: August 12, 2015, 03:12:09 pm »

((No Final Round this time either? D: ))
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4580 on: August 12, 2015, 03:33:57 pm »

@Xan: Think about it like this: What are your lungs full of? What happens when you put food inside you or processed food comes out of you? Therefore, aren't those parts of your body technically on its outer surface?

@Hawk: Dialogue is easier. And Alan is an older and simpler character. I remember his stats by heart, so I don't need notes so much. So it's easier to update. So I can do it from phone by simply writing on a text file  whenever I have time.

Still, I understand I'm taking too long. I'll try to do you tomorrow morning.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4581 on: August 12, 2015, 03:39:38 pm »

I'm not thinking that well right now. Lungs are full of alveoli, and get oxygen from the air they absorb and pass it on into the blood...
Did I accidentally replace my blood with sunscreen?
Sig! Onol

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4582 on: August 12, 2015, 03:51:51 pm »

It's more like you left your mouth hanging open while casting.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4583 on: August 12, 2015, 03:59:24 pm »

Oh.
Oooooh.
Oh.
Well then.
Heh.
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4584 on: August 12, 2015, 04:10:41 pm »

"Let's get moving east then. Find the dragon, kill the dragon, get payed."
"I do not like it that you think like that. I brought you here to exist freely. To explore. To make your own choices. Not to follow me blindly. For some quest. For the promise of a reward. I did not like leading line that in the past. I do not like it now. I want companions. Not followers."
Somewhat sarcastically "Okay then. Find the dragon, kill the dragon, get payed, and have fun and be ourselves on the way there."

Nik looks at his comrade sputtering on the floor coughing up white goo.
"Is anyone going to help him? I might have a way."
If no one else steps up to save our brave foodmancer, then I have a way that just might work. It could be considered a form of torture though. Tsar a bottle of water and make him inhale it to fill his lungs with water and wash out his lungs. Then untsar it to make his lungs less filled with water. Then make him cough it out and perform CPR if he needs it of course. That's only if no one else helps him, because this is a terrible plan, but a terrible plan is better than no plan.

((My rescue diver training did not teach me about what to do when someone fills their lungs with sunscreen.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4585 on: August 12, 2015, 04:22:26 pm »

Ike rubs his temples, looking exasperated at the dramalpha's nonsensical objection.

"If you don't want us to be here on a quest, maybe you shouldn't have dragged us over here on a quest? You seem to have somehow misunderstood the basic nature of our current relationship. We'll find whoever it is you want killed, figure out how to kill it, actually kill it and then we'll go back to the Staging Area and get our upgrade points for doing such a bang-up job, which we will then use to further our own objectives, whatever those may be. It's not like anybody here's dazzled by your shining personality, dude."

If Alan doesn't seem able to help himself, provide him with some aid.

If no one else steps up to save our brave foodmancer, then I have a way that just might work. It could be considered a form of torture though. Tsar a bottle of water and make him inhale it to fill his lungs with water and wash out his lungs. Then untsar it to make his lungs less filled with water. Then make him cough it out and perform CPR if he needs it of course. That's only if no one else helps him, because this is a terrible plan, but a terrible plan is better than no plan.

((Sunscreen probably isn't water-soluble.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4586 on: August 12, 2015, 04:25:26 pm »

((My rescue diver training did not teach me about what to do when someone fills their lungs with sunscreen.))
((Sigged. Also it's not only my lungs, it's my entire digestive tract. Alan will be excreting sunscreen for weeks!))
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4587 on: August 12, 2015, 04:40:31 pm »

((Sigged. Also it's not only my lungs, it's my entire digestive tract. Alan will be excreting sunscreen for weeks!))
((Let's hope it's biodegradable...))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4588 on: August 12, 2015, 05:38:28 pm »

A quick Google says it's mostly nontoxic, though expect nausea and vomiting. Two possible ingredients are an aspirin-like and ethanol, which can have interesting side effects.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4589 on: August 12, 2015, 05:55:26 pm »

"Um, River? I... I think Ike's right, though he's being mean about how he says it. I've told you what my goals are, why I'm participating in the Games. If... If we'd met before I'd lost my home, then maybe... maybe things could be a lot different. But I don't have that option anymore. As much as I'd like to just explore new places and meet new people, to travel with you and see new kinds of beauty and creativity, I have a different purpose right now. I want to explore and enjoy, but it's not what I need."

"If... If I didn't have a mission? I'd have turned around at the relay. Because the way it broke... It still bothers me. I want to know what happened. Or maybe I could try again to learn about the people here. I think I simply met the wrong ones, and that I could still try to talk to them if I found a better representative of them. But as much as I'd like to do about the past, I have to keep going forward. So... yeah. Where do we go to do what we have to do?"
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 06:10:57 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 304 305 [306] 307 308 ... 521