Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077521 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Wacky Death Rave
« Reply #5760 on: February 22, 2016, 11:47:32 am »

Campaign, Ike!

"I think that last kind soldier needs a pillow, Alan. Or maybe a waterbed. He seems downright uncomfortable," Ike mentions.

Mention brilliant idea to Alan, then go and collect Nikolai and drag him back to relative safety.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5761 on: February 22, 2016, 03:08:02 pm »

Alan - Good Cop?

Is Alan's curse broken? Has he somehow become the only competent/lucky person in the team? Or is this simply one of luck's elaborate plots to put Alan in a position where he can cause maximum damage (if he hasn't done so already)? Could this all be just a giant 6, whose sideffects we have yet to see? Find out in the next exciting episode of DBZ.
((Another quote for my sig hoard.))

"These were the fellas trying to inconvenience you, Ike? Well, I could fire a mattress at him, but if you want me to kill him it'd have to be something heavier than that. You guys tried talking to them?"

Approach the one soldier to a reasonable distance, one where I can talk comfortably to him but he can't get to me and stab me without giving me plenty of time to react with a dishwasher.

"Sup, dude! Want some red bull?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #5762 on: February 23, 2016, 08:59:33 pm »

Campaign, Ike!

"I think that last kind soldier needs a pillow, Alan. Or maybe a waterbed. He seems downright uncomfortable," Ike mentions.

Mention brilliant idea to Alan, then go and collect Nikolai and drag him back to relative safety.
You run up to Nikolai's corpse while Alan is distracting the soldier.

Nikolai's corpse glows faintly with a purple-green inner light and then disappears, getting replaced by a Soulsphere inside a battered and bloody suit of tin armor. Guess that will make carrying him easier, since you don't have to carry his inventory if you don't want to.

Also, the abomination is apparently very much alive under that giant can. You can't see it, but you can hear the crunching sound of breaking bones continue and the can wobbles slightly in sync with them.

Alan - Good Cop?

Is Alan's curse broken? Has he somehow become the only competent/lucky person in the team? Or is this simply one of luck's elaborate plots to put Alan in a position where he can cause maximum damage (if he hasn't done so already)? Could this all be just a giant 6, whose sideffects we have yet to see? Find out in the next exciting episode of DBZ.
((Another quote for my sig hoard.))

"These were the fellas trying to inconvenience you, Ike? Well, I could fire a mattress at him, but if you want me to kill him it'd have to be something heavier than that. You guys tried talking to them?"

Approach the one soldier to a reasonable distance, one where I can talk comfortably to him but he can't get to me and stab me without giving me plenty of time to react with a dishwasher.

"Sup, dude! Want some red bull?"
"Burn to ash, you bastard!" the soldier screams as he charges at you.
You throw a toy dishwasher at the soldier. Said dishwasher is still the size of a cupboard, so it's not insignificant.
It clips the soldier but bounces off his armor. It doesn't cause any significant damage beyond throwing him to the ground.
"Now, now. Let's try this again. Ahem. 'SUP. DUDE. DO-'"
"Diiiiiieeeee!" the soldier interrupts you with his scream as he gets up and charges at you again.
You shoot him with a normal washing machine this time. It hits him and pins him to the ground. And even though he looks like he's in pain, he doesn't look seriously hurt. Doesn't look like he's giving up anytime soon.
"Damn you sorcerer!"
That guy is really persistent. He's already started getting himself free. He's also quite bad at dying. Maybe you could give him some pointers? Or maybe a demonstration?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5763 on: February 23, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »

"I'm not a sorcerer, I'm Alan! Now then, can we like talk and stuff? Chill beans? Diplomacy? The true magic in this vast cosmos, friendship?"

In case my appeal to his better humanity doesn't work, stick him to the ground with a giant band-aid.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5764 on: February 24, 2016, 12:01:30 am »

((Oh yeah, the events of my character's last mission seem kind of similar to parts of his backstory. Might lead to some interesting stuff. Or not, we'll see.))
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5765 on: February 24, 2016, 01:32:11 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Return to Alan and shank the guy he's distracting in any reasonably uncovered areas of his body.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5766 on: February 25, 2016, 02:52:37 am »

((note: Giant Cave Spiders were the most dangerous threat in Irine's home. She is familiar with the concept. The ones she made dislike light and heat, have highly lethal venom, and can grow to absurd sizes. She would assume she is inside a spider den and be wary of them as such.))
the way the large flame orb is handled is to spread it out into a collection of smaller orbs, and those are spread out around the party, forming a perimeter of light and heat and making sure we can see whatever is coming. There is no need to engage the spiders, so I don't. And if they try to web our path ahead, burn the webbing away and continue undeterred. Do not leave the path.
Support DAF's character as he keeps walking with us, so as not to extend any damage from his wound. Follow Irine! Be aware.

"I sometimes wonder if I were in their place. Wondering what new creatures scurried into our territory. Amazing creatures. You're doing alright Irine? Zach?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5767 on: February 25, 2016, 10:35:59 am »

"I'm okay, just... This isn't right. I can't help but feel like I missed something important back there. Ike wouldn't just attack those scouts without a good reason."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #5768 on: February 26, 2016, 12:54:18 am »

"Indeed, even River wouldn't permit such a thing to happen even if there are some interactions he needs refining. Zach, do you think you can jog along? I think they're going to need our help as soon as able."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5769 on: February 26, 2016, 01:06:35 am »

((Been busy busy busy. Haven't had much time for anything, really.))

Zechariah looked up when Tiruin called for him. He had been looking down at his staff, still uncertain. He thought that he would be able to do better when in relative darkness, where his powers with the Shadows were strong; now, however, he'd be forced to fight in the sunlight. With his powers seeming dysfunctional at the moment, he felt as if he'd be even more of a liability than before.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." He grew a little concerned. "We're going to help them?" He took the staff in his right hand and held it out away from him. "My.. my powers have been acting strange," he said. "My Shadows seem to be powerful still, but my crystal light, it's.. it's hurting me to try and use even a little bit of it. We'll be in the sun, I think, so.." He drops off at the end of his sentence and chuckles after a few seconds. "Looks like I'll be a little more than useless again."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5770 on: February 26, 2016, 01:33:13 am »

"Don't be silly, light and darkness are two sides of the same coin  and neither can exist in isolation from the other. Wana get creative? What is directly under less than an inch of ground."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5771 on: February 26, 2016, 01:54:43 am »

"Hmm. Darkness, I assume?"

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5772 on: February 26, 2016, 01:57:07 am »

"Yep, and under your shirt, and under somebody else's skin, and so on and so forth. Darkness is easy to find."

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5773 on: February 26, 2016, 02:13:14 am »

"I wish it could be that easy," Zechariah said with a sigh. "The environment helps to augment my power. Since I'm no longer connected to the Medium, all of my power comes from me. That would be helpful in a way, but that means I'm also extremely weak without my augmentation from my staff. My staff only takes from multiple dimensions to produce a physical power. I need sustained darkness that I can constantly draw on. The more Shadows I manifest, the more influence from the environment I need, or else I lose control or am hurt from the drain on my own willpower. If we could determine where we fight, then maybe I'd have a better chance at combat. Nothing seems to ever go our way, though, so I'm not counting on it."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5774 on: February 26, 2016, 02:34:32 am »

"If it's total area you're concerned about, then shouldn't you still be able to draw from all occupied volume?"
Pages: 1 ... 383 384 [385] 386 387 ... 521