Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.6%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.8%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1077865 times)

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Welcome to the party, pal!
« Reply #7050 on: October 08, 2017, 02:56:09 pm »

Brian Hoss, The Maximus's hull

Follow Saevus. Move one of my eyes to get a top down view on the turret.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7051 on: October 08, 2017, 03:17:55 pm »

Tsar the little vial of medicine before having a sip.
"That should help a bit. Pass it around."

Show highwater the smudged paper and crude pendant in case they mean anything.

Get that invisibility mist artifact thing. Also ask Headwater if he would consider parting with any more of the artifacts because of all the help we've been.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7052 on: October 08, 2017, 04:11:00 pm »

Walking Tank, Spess Mission

Back to the shield. Protect the team.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7053 on: October 08, 2017, 10:38:35 pm »

Well, you're not necessarily back in time. Maybe this is simply one of those creepy theme parks or one of those creepy old mansions in the middle of a deserted forest, the kind you see in Halloween movies.

You decide not to go exploring out in the dark, so you instead close the door and secure it again. That done, you make your way to the dining area. It has two large tables on either side, probably meant to serve as a buffet. The rest of the room is a wide open area, probably meant to be used differently and filled with different things depending on the occasion.

The walls and ceilings are decorated with great frescoes, though with only the light coming from the entrance it's hard to appreciate them fully. You look closer at one trying to discern more details. It... looks like a woman in colorful clothes, standing in front of a field of golden wheat, holding a basket. There's more people behind her, you can discern-

You are interrupted by a scream coming from the floor above. Okay, another thing to check off the "creepy tropes" list.

"Mon Dieu, as if having any reason not to be *ahem* ...slightly tensed within this creepy house isn't enough!" Napoleon grumbled in annoyance. Unsheathing the sword, Napoleon slowly crept toward the stairs leading to the floor above. Not sure whether the scream was a response to him stealing the sword, Napoleon thought better of it and sheathed the sword. Hiding the sword inside his clothes, Napoleon strained his ears as he ascended the steps. He'd seen scenes like this play out in horror movies. First the teenager who looks suspiciously like a grown up is attracted by screaming and once he arrives at the scene, he is confronted by either a dead body or a room that is splattered with so much blood that there is no way in hell it could've come from a single person. At worse, the duped teenager/grown up could be wandering into the clutches of the waiting killer.

Of course, such a coward is no match for the unrivaled intellect and combat prowess of the Doll Prince himself! Hah, the murderer would be begging the French wonder doll not to turn him into the murdered! With this Napoleon assured himself as he carried himself majestically up the stairs, even as his rapid breathing fluttered through clenched teeth.

Try not to stain one's underclothes while attempting to determine the reason and location of the scream.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:26:58 pm by Sir Elventide »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7054 on: October 09, 2017, 12:07:04 am »

WMD, Lost in Space Mission

"You're still here? I was starting to think you jumped ship somehow when I lost those anchors. Did you want something? Or are you just here to sustain yourself on my despair at a seemingly hopeless situation? Or were you going to offer help? If I die out here, you do too I'm guessing. If I can't come back, you probably can't either."

Talking with the demon. If it tries anything to harm me, beat it into submission with my Willpower.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #7055 on: October 09, 2017, 04:06:41 pm »

Well, you're not necessarily back in time. Maybe this is simply one of those creepy theme parks or one of those creepy old mansions in the middle of a deserted forest, the kind you see in Halloween movies.

You decide not to go exploring out in the dark, so you instead close the door and secure it again. That done, you make your way to the dining area. It has two large tables on either side, probably meant to serve as a buffet. The rest of the room is a wide open area, probably meant to be used differently and filled with different things depending on the occasion.

The walls and ceilings are decorated with great frescoes, though with only the light coming from the entrance it's hard to appreciate them fully. You look closer at one trying to discern more details. It... looks like a woman in colorful clothes, standing in front of a field of golden wheat, holding a basket. There's more people behind her, you can discern-

You are interrupted by a scream coming from the floor above. Okay, another thing to check off the "creepy tropes" list.

"Mon Dieu, as if having any reason not to be *ahem* ...slightly tensed within this creepy house isn't enough!" Napoleon grumbled in annoyance. Unsheathing the sword, Napoleon slowly crept toward the stairs leading to the floor above. Not sure whether the scream was a response to him stealing the sword, Napoleon thought better of it and unsheathed the sword. Hiding the sword inside his clothes, Napoleon strained his ears as he ascended the steps. He'd seen scenes like this play out in horror movies. First the teenager who looks suspiciously like a grown up is attracted by screaming and once he arrives at the scene, he is confronted by either a dead body or a room that is splattered with so much blood that there is no way in hell it could've come from a single person. At worse, the duped teenager/grown up could be wandering into the clutches of the waiting killer.

Of course, such a coward is no match for the unrivaled intellect and combat prowess of the Doll Prince himself! Hah, the murderer would be begging the French wonder doll not to turn him into the murdered! With this Napoleon assured himself as he carried himself majestically up the stairs, even as his rapid breathing fluttered through clenched teeth.

Try not to stain one's underclothes while attempting to determine the reason and location of the scream.
You start climbing the stairs, but when you reach the top you notice that some of the lamps further from the stairs have been extinguished, making the corridor quite dark. You're about to get some of your dolls to bring you some candles from downstairs when you hear something moving about 10 meters in front of you, like stone being dragged on glass. You think you hear someone crying, sometimes whimpering something you can't make out.

The door looks quite sturdy. You doubt you'd be able to break it down with your hands behind your back. But you might be able to break the camera or at least make it look away. You bend your knees and grab the chair. You then get close enough to the wall that holds the camera and try to spin around and throw the chair at the camera. But your throw is not strong enough, the chair bounces off the wall and hits you in the chest. Ow. You did not think this through.
Ugh, this is not my day.
Walk over to the intercom, activate it, and say "I'm awake. Who are you, why am I here, and what do you want?"
You go to the intercom, push the button with your body and speak into the microphone. There's no reply. You try looking through the one-way mirror but you can't make out anything in the other room, you can't know whether or not there's anyone in there.

You're about to try repeating your message when you hear something on the other side of the door, like something is being dragged against it. A few seconds later the electronic device next to the door beeps and blinks green. You see the door handle being twisted experimentally, someone testing if the door has unlocked.

Well, that's no good.

<<Zero, can you hear me out here?>>

((If no, then this question is directed at Icarus instead.>>

<<Summoning hurts and is making my interface beep.  Any ideas?>>

Let's get moving.

Find/stick with the team.  Get close to the turret and start sensing around for a way to disable it.
<<Zero, can you hear me out here?>>
: Affirmative. : comes the reply from your interface, piped through your visor's speakers.
<<Summoning hurts and is making my interface beep.  Any ideas?>>
: Potentially harmful interference detected. This unit recommends corrective actions. Additional information available upon request. :

You sense the segmented area around the turret. Though it's shielded against your senses like most things around here, it feels like it's supposed to move in order to cover the turret or the hole if the turret is not there. If you got it to close in the 'turret is not there' configuration, you're pretty sure you could crush the turret, damage it or at least stop it from moving. Though your limited telekinesis is not enough to directly move the pieces around, you could find another way to move them. Maybe you could use raw power to break through the shielding or maybe you could find an unshielded control panel you could access.

Of course, you could always go for a more direct plan of attack, like stabbing the thing with your spear. Or, hell, this thing is probably filled with explosives, if you got lucky you might be able to just use your ability to detonate any torpedoes it has inside.

Kosak Durar:

Right, start fisting the tubes.
[insert eybrow wiggle gif here]

You jump down towards the bottom of the bowl, aiming for a cluster of tubes. Your rather enthusiastic attempts at fisting the giant tubes goes poorly however as you completely misstimed your jump and ended up jumping just as the cluster rearranged itself. A great metal tube whacks you hard and sends you flying into the wall of the bowl. The strike hurts like hell and knocks the wind out of you but leaves you without any serious damage (though you're pretty certain your entire body is going to be one giant painful bruise in a few minutes).

The flow at the walls of the bowl isn't quite as strong (at least not on the side you're on as there are quite a few vortices formed in the flow-shadow of the turret) so you easily manage to reattach yourself to the wall, hidden in a small nook where you are not in danger of being whacked by the tubes again. As you lay there, trying to catch your breath, you notice that there's a great door at the bottom of the turret sphere. You can't see it clearly due to the speed the turret is moving but you can make out its general shape. Probably meant to be used to resupply the turret.

Walking Tank, Spess Mission

Back to the shield. Protect the team.
You provide a convenient movable wall for your teammates to hide behind.

Follow Saevus. Move one of my eyes to get a top down view on the turret.
You hide behind the helpful medieval Terminator and position one of your 'eyes' above the turret. From here you can make out the shockwaves created every time a torpedo is launched, though there's not a hint of the light coming from your visors to be seen. Those things on its top that look like cat-ears must be clusters of sensors, you think you see part of them have the silhouette of TV antennas and you can see parts that are round and reflective like lenses, reflecting the light of distant explosions.

WMD, Lost in Space Mission

"You're still here? I was starting to think you jumped ship somehow when I lost those anchors. Did you want something? Or are you just here to sustain yourself on my despair at a seemingly hopeless situation? Or were you going to offer help? If I die out here, you do too I'm guessing. If I can't come back, you probably can't either."

Talking with the demon. If it tries anything to harm me, beat it into submission with my Willpower.
Can't stop me
Can't leave me
Can't go back without me

You feel the pressure of a foreign influence against your mind. Not the demon. Something else. You fight back against it and it disappears. The lights on your visor flicker back to life.
Only two choices
Give up or
Give in to me

Your surroundings have changed completely in this past minute of darkness. You are now in a great trench or maybe a corridor with a very high ceiling, you can't even see where the metal walls end. You're pretty sure your boots are still firmly attached to the same piece of metal they were attached to previously, though this doesn't make any sense because the floor is tiled here, whereas it was smooth before and you can see pipes and support beams in the walls.
Hehehe
Yeah, laugh at your expense and/or feed on your despair sounds about right.

Tsar the little vial of medicine before having a sip.
"That should help a bit. Pass it around."
You enlarge the vial before trying to take a sip of the now-bubbling liquid. The woman in violet takes it away from your mouth with a worried look at first but then reconsiders.
"If you want to experiment on yourself with Chaos alchemy for Science!, who am I to say no?" she says with a smile as she hands the enlarged vial back to you.

You take a sip. You can feel the bubbling liquid, tingling your insides all the way to your gut. It makes you feel better almost immediately and you notice it slows down your bleeding. It also makes you feel slightly drunk. You're given a crutch and sent on your way to the makeshift infirmary.

Campaign, Ike!

Nod approvingly at the Headwater, this guy is fucking metal.

At some point do ask if he needs us to do anything else and if we (just maybe) get a reward for our excellent work or some other kind of assistance. If not, that's still cool, but if we do that's basically cool too.

Ask the Headwater about that bondformer thing we're looking for again, maybe recent events have rung some bells or at least persuaded him to let us take a look at the more secret archives and what have you.

Metal or mental?

Anyway, it's later that day, close to the evening. You (and anyone else from your group who wants to) are in a private meeting with the Headwater. The Headwater is confident he can give you his full support. Not 'full' in the sense of 'everything he's got' because he still needs to send people in other places and keep some here to defend the temple, but he can spare a lot more manpower and resources to aid you now that his faction has almost complete control of the council. He promises to supply your group and your little army with several potions and a few Water mages. He also says that he is willing to provide some magic items to you or even have his mages create a custom potion or enchantment for you.

He says he doesn't know anything about the bond-former you're hunting though he has retrieved several documents on the subject and is willing to answer any specific questions you have.

Show highwater the smudged paper and crude pendant in case they mean anything.

Get that invisibility mist artifact thing. Also ask Headwater if he would consider parting with any more of the artifacts because of all the help we've been.

He has no idea what the pendant is. He says it might be something evil, a part of some dark magic ritual. He suggests that you leave it with him so that he may look into it and keep it safe.

He says the paper looks like a half-finished and quite crude magic scroll. It has no value and could in fact be dangerous. He says that you should give it to him so that he may get rid of it safely.

See Ike's part. You get your mist thing and can ask for more.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7056 on: October 09, 2017, 04:33:26 pm »

Introduction, Tess

Tess, taking a second to think, nods at the suggestion of the weird person.

Spacey Mission, Tess

Not that much I can do here. Just wait around for someone else to do the thing for me.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7057 on: October 09, 2017, 04:48:09 pm »

Kosak Durar:

"Blasted physics!"

Punch my way through the door! Well, try to open it first, but if it doesn't open, or opens slowly, punch it repeatedly.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7058 on: October 09, 2017, 05:12:15 pm »

<Hey, sword three? How's River doing?>
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7059 on: October 09, 2017, 06:03:53 pm »

Some equipment for our ragtag militia would be good. Spears and shields would probably be ideal because of how effective they are with little training. Or just whatever rusty farm tools they can spare.

We should also ask for some armour for Alan and Zech (might be difficult to find due to Alan's girth and Zech's wings).

Nikolai personally would really like a ranged weapon better than a sling, the more magical or powerful the better. Something point and shoot that works well with tsaring, not something that requires fancy waving movements or anything like that. He would be happy with a mundane crossbow.

Nikolai would also like some bottles of high proof alcohol or other flammables if they have any. Mostly because tsar molotovs combo incredibly well with a certain pyromaniac fox.

We should ask for several large barrels of water, because we're going through a desert and the water mages need it and tsar water enchanted equipment really needs it.

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)
Ask if they're willing to give a few more of these minor artifacts.
Priority:
-Water armour. Tankity tank, layers with other armour.
-Flaregun wand. Combos well with Irene and probably makes a good bazooka when tsared.
-Ice sword. Join the magic sword club.
-I'm pretty sure we're already being offered healing potions.

Lastly, an empty book and some writing supplies. So I can draw and write about machines and technology in the hopes that someone who cares about it finds it one day and advances this world from medieval fantasy to steampunk magitech. If anyone wants to travel with us to learn about technology they are welcome.

Oh yeah, and anything that can track, disable, or protect against void magic could help our quest.

I have no problem with giving Headwater the pendant and scroll, especially if he gives us more artifacts and supplies.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:20:17 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Zormod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7060 on: October 09, 2017, 07:18:53 pm »

: I found a sensor cluster, and I'm about to try something to disrupt it. :

Move and enlarge my eye to cover as much of the cluster as I can.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7061 on: October 09, 2017, 08:43:02 pm »

WMD, Space Mission

"I reckon you forgot somethin'. No free rides."

Use my Willpower to mentally beat and batter the demon if I can, to try to take its power or at least force it to submit to using its powers for my benefit. If I can't do that, then just remain silent and down the trench in the direction I'm facing.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7062 on: October 09, 2017, 09:19:55 pm »

You start climbing the stairs, but when you reach the top you notice that some of the lamps further from the stairs have been extinguished, making the corridor quite dark. You're about to get some of your dolls to bring you some candles from downstairs when you hear something moving about 10 meters in front of you, like stone being dragged on glass. You think you hear someone crying, sometimes whimpering something you can't make out.

"Heh, making scary noises is a very smart way to demoralize your foes. If I survive this, I'll be sure to make use of that." Napoleon muttered softly to himself as he got down on his hands and knees and quietly crawl backwards down the stairs until only his head peeked over the landing. "Of course, it also gives away your position, something that a marvelous tactician like yours truly can exploit."

Shaking visibly, Napoleon struggled to still his fluttering heart as he crawled backward to the middle of the stairs. Summoning three 1 foot dolls, he directed one to go get a candle and the other two to modify their arms into curved blades. As he controlled the first doll, Napoleon composed himself as the strange noises continued from upstairs.

"Okay Napoleon Lambeau," he cajoled himself with a fearful falsetto, which he quickly squashed. "This isn't the worst thing you'd experienced. Sure none of that compared to this debacle but you've lived for at least two centuries without biting the dust. That's because you're the Doll Prince, a man blessed with a veritable army of dolls and the will and the capability to mold and control them much like a normal human flexing his fingers independently. Such a simpleminded creature as whoever making that noise cannot hope to understand the hive mind that I wield, neither can they hope to survive my superior tactics. Now, let's show them how I play with dolls!"

After getting a candle, Napoleon will send the trio of dolls upstairs to see what's making that scraping noise. He will look through the dolls' eyes to see the person... or thing for himself. If the entity in question becomes a clear and present threat, Napoleon will have the dolls hold it off while he runs off to find a good place to hide.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:23:43 pm by Sir Elventide »

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7063 on: October 09, 2017, 10:59:20 pm »

You go to the intercom, push the button with your body and speak into the microphone. There's no reply. You try looking through the one-way mirror but you can't make out anything in the other room, you can't know whether or not there's anyone in there.

You're about to try repeating your message when you hear something on the other side of the door, like something is being dragged against it. A few seconds later the electronic device next to the door beeps and blinks green. You see the door handle being twisted experimentally, someone testing if the door has unlocked.

Quickly position myself beside the door hinges so that when the door is opens toward me, I won't be seen until the person enters the room. Once the person enters the room, rush the person and put them into a stranglehold. Demand that the person identify who they are and tell me everything they know about where I am and why I am here.
Insert witty signature here

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7064 on: October 10, 2017, 05:54:58 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Metal is definitely what I meant, way to go, old man!

Artifacts-wise, I find myself in desperate need of something that could cause a large explosion. Flames are all fine and good, but sometimes you just need to get a wall out of the way. Preferably something non-volatile, a bit of magical C4 if you will. Healing potions as well, and some of those Mystifying Mirages sound pretty good to have around as well.

And maybe something to help communicate with him at a distance - I have an associate that'd doubtlessly be able to ask better questions than I could about the basic nature of these bondformer creatures, y'see.

Also a healer would be cool to have along, if anyone's willing to volunteer.

Spoiler: As for questions... (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 469 470 [471] 472 473 ... 521