Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Help! Cannot travel...  (Read 2119 times)

nasobema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Help! Cannot travel...
« on: December 20, 2013, 03:49:00 pm »

I'm puzzled!
Just survived a goblin ambush in the wilds with my adventurer. I have an injured companion and apparently no goblin survived.
Still I cannot fast travel because "You cannot travel until you leave this site". Sleeping is also disabled.
Now I've walked miles away and still the same.

How can I get out of this mess? Was there a goblin left?
I'm not sure, I'll manage to find the original place of the ambush again...  :(

nasobema

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Cannot travel...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:18:59 pm »

I'm puzzled!
Just survived a goblin ambush in the wilds with my adventurer. I have an injured companion and apparently no goblin survived.
Still I cannot fast travel because "You cannot travel until you leave this site". Sleeping is also disabled.
Now I've walked miles away and still the same.

How can I get out of this mess? Was there a goblin left?
I'm not sure, I'll manage to find the original place of the ambush again...  :(

OK, I'm out. There seemed to be a (very space consuming...) abstract site, probably elven or dwarven site (looked like a cabinet in the direction symbols, using phoebus' tileset).
Strangely, the map shows a river there which is apparently also abstract, since I never found it.

Parallel universe overlap???

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Cannot travel...
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 07:47:26 pm »

Cabinets are goblin sites.

You can't fast-travel from some sites, such as those owned by hostile civilizations or from lairs.

Also, rivers and streams can act a bit odd when they overlap some sites, resulting in either the river not appearing properly or the site not appearing properly. Often times it means the river won't show up at all or it will be cut off in some places for no discernible reason.