Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Inns/Taverns in Adventure mode....  (Read 768 times)

CypherLH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Inns/Taverns in Adventure mode....
« on: December 19, 2013, 06:24:44 pm »

So, the mention of player-run Inns/Taverns in the current dev log made me think about how cool it will be when that functionality is added and then enabled in Adventure mode, combined with site-claiming, so that we can play AS an innkeeper or tavern operator as a kind of mini-game....except in a fully dynamic simulated world with a dynamic economy and dynamic stuff going on all around. That thought just blew my mind.
  And this only promises to get more awesome as more player-run sites are added and as the world becomes increasingly complex and dynamic. (Army/politics arc, more site types, Hero and Criminal Arcs, etc.) Now add in the "making time pass" functionality and I look forward to playing through multiple generations of a family as they build a trading Empire and a chain of Taverns across the known lands, while hiring mercs to "take out" unfriendly local leaders or the heads of competing entities ;)

Ultimately Adventure Mode could far surpass Fortress Mode when you factor in all the potential for mini-game play, random SCIENCE, role playing, and the like.

Mind is boggled.

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
Re: Inns/Taverns in Adventure mode....
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 04:41:18 pm »

Which mode is better would depend on your preferred play style, since all of the things you've mentioned will also apply to Fortress Mode. Why be the owners of a trade empire when you can function as the capital of a landed empire?

Other than that, though, I'm also really excited for the new Adventure Mode stuff.