Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Adventures of the Demon Sword Shashziril "Hellfire"  (Read 2044 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
The Adventures of the Demon Sword Shashziril "Hellfire"
« on: November 07, 2013, 05:41:20 pm »

The Adventures of the Demon Sword Shashziril, "Hellfire"

Prologue

At the beginning of the world I was charged with keeping the only entrance to hell sealed, and the demons trapped in the darkness. A few demons slipped by, but the others stayed. I could not move for fear of freeing the horrors below.
   For ten thousand years I sat on my pedestal. The only light came from the glowing gate I held closed with my magic.
   Then another light appeared, with the cracking of stone. A dwarf snuck over to my pedestal and picked me up. He ran for his entrance as my barrier faded. But the horrors ran faster and overtook him on the surface. I lay there, by his corpse, gathering my magic.
   One year I lay there, preparing and waiting. But finally I had enough power. I called a group of dwarves to come to my resting place. One picked me up, and I overcame its mind and body, making it my own. I ran while the others died to gain me time. I ran my body hard, with the demon still behind me. I could feel it slowly dying of exhaustion. I reached a town and the demon was overcome by many people.
   Thus begins my adventure.

I'll post more as my adventure progresses. What do you guys think of it so far?

mastamage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Adventures of the Demon Sword Shashziril "Hellfire"
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 06:30:12 pm »

epic, truly epic

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2013, 07:59:05 pm »

Thank you! I also wrote another story, but nobody posted on it and it died very quickly. The link is in my sig, I think.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 07:42:50 pm »

Chapter 1: Living Bodies Are Better Than Dead Ones

I must find a better body. This one is weak and has no practical skills. I asked a person if there was anyone powerful nearby. I think it misheard me, because it told me to kill a bandit leader in the dungeons. Good enough.

As I walked into the dungeon, I located a person who could possibly be this leader. As I walked into the room he was in, I transferred my control to him. He was a swordsmaster, lucky me! My old body fared quite well against my new minions, until both his arms were broken and his skull was smashed in. I gathered my minions (3 hammermen, one axeman, and 2 macemen) and left the dungeon.

As we left the city, we stopped to kill some citizens who were in my way. I cleaved through there bodies like a demon blade through flesh. I also stopped to kill a priest on the way because I didn't like his robes. My band and I left the town and slept until daybreak.

The next day I visited a fortress. I am looking for demons who have escaped the void, but the fortress I visited for the fun of it. We killed the sleeping guards, but one woke up and bashed my skull in with a mace. My minions were quite alarmed, saying I shouldn't have brains oozing out of my ears. I told them I was fine, but I don't think it made them feel any better. We killed the rest of the guards and the lord. However, a lone swordsman killed two of my minions, but I quickly dispatched it.

We left the fort to go to an evil forest, to see if it has husking clouds. I want this body to be unstoppable! We started going that way, but I was interrupted by night and slept. I can't wait until I am a husk. Eating and sleeping are for the weak. On the way, most of my companions were slain by goblins, and the rest crippled. It took us several days to reach the forest.

It turns out that the forest just snows blood. BOOOOOOORING. I know where another evil place is, so I will go there instead.

On the way, the last of my companions were killed by more goblins. I will have to get some more, but I am not sure how. Then an alligator attacked me so I ate it. I slept on a beach because bogeyman will not tolerate beaches, oceans or mountains. In the morning I had to flounder my way across a stream because this body does not know how to swim. I am angry about this.

The next night I could not get to a beach in time, and was attacked by bogeymen. I almost died! Then while I was sleeping, two goblins attacked me and I fell into a pool of water and nearly drowned.

The next morning I found the evil hills. The hills only had reanimation, and for a while I was being chased by a horde of zombie badgers. I then went to a nearby town to see if they hated me, and they did. Then I checked to see if the bandits in the town were angry at me, and it turns out they were, too. I killed the chieftain and headed out of the temple I was in. Then the priest yelled at me to fight me, so I went up to where he was at. He pushed me off the temple, several stories up. He fell off too in the process. I was fine, but he broke his hand. I killed him.

Then I went to the fort, but I was killed by a group of soldiers. I began to gather my magic again, as I had used the last of it to keep myself alive when my brains got bashed out last time.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 02:49:36 pm »

Chapter 2: I Liked the Last Body Better

After about a week of gathering magic, I got myself a new body, a guard in the fort. She is weak, but that can be fixed. However, she was quite skilled in the sword, but not the shield. I decided to stop screwing around and get on with the task I was made for: demon hunting.

I headed out of the small town and toward the city that a demon ruled. On the way I killed a deer for meat. I floundered my way across several streams, and in one of them I was nearly drowned by a sea lamprey. I killed it and keep its skull as a trophy. I reached an nearby village just before nightfall. I slept in an empty house. The next morning I went to the keep where the demon was. I saw a book on the ground, but this stupid body can't read.

The demon was an eyeless humanoid jackal. I walked up to it and attacked it. It quickly bit my head off, but that meant that I could take control of it. I have to be careful though, I cannot fully overcome a demon. I put the thought to pick me up. Then I put the thought to visit the market in the nearby city, to visit its servants. On the way, it was attacked by bogeymen, but dispatched them with ease. When it reached the market in the morning, I quickly caused it to strike at a nearby merchant. The entire market turned on it.

But this was no ordinary demon. Oh, no, this was a civilized demon. It had me, and a shield, and clothes an inch thick. It was ten feet tall and had teeth and claws that could cut though steel. It was a master at the sword and shield and dodge. Did I mention it was wielding ME?  The only thing worse than a demon is a demon that knows how to be human.

The demon dodged or blocked all the merchants' knife swings, until a crossbow bolt caught it in the shield arm. It was slaying people left and right, each stroke of me taking off an unsuspecting head. I feel proud to be wielded by such a powerful being, even if it is a demon. Then a merchant cut the muscle in its me arm. It dropped me, then put me in it's pack. I am NOT going to be lost by my host body. This is enough of a disaster already.

Eventually, the demon was nearly slain. Every body part was covered in slashes and dripping goo, its limbs lying useless. But still, it continued to rip people (and animals now) in half with its teeth and body-slam people out the door. The fight had traveled down the street and into a house. Finally, all the people were slain. The wounded demon rested for a while.

Fortunately for me, the house is right next to a temple containing - you guessed it - another swordsmaster bandit chief. This one was a goblin, and she had a group of more weapon-masters too. I will take control of her and her band. Then I will ambush the demon and hopefully kill it. Unfortunately, the demon had recovered use of its legs and could stand and kick people. Those paws can turn someone's torso into a shattered, bloody mass. I fear for my chieftess.

I took control of the chieftess and directed her up the temple ramp. She and her band saw the demon and attacked. With a supreme effort of will, I jumped out of the demon's pack. The chieftess recognized the better weapon and grabbed me. Many weaker members were slain, but the weaponmasters were not. The battle seemed pointless until the chieftess chopped one hand off the demon. The demon could be hurt.

Then she dropped her sword and jumped on the demon's back. She pulled the hood and cap off it's head and jumped down. The demon's head was now exposed. The bandits aimed for the head now, and a few more were slain. People were coming out of their homes to see what the commotion was, and were fighting both the bandits and the demon. The chieftess chopped someone in half with me! I was not expecting this, as she was small and weak compared to most adventurers.

Now the only ones left were three crossbowmen and a mace lord. The mace lord struck at the demon, forcing it back. The beast stumbled over a dead body and fell backwards. The chieftess was ready. She put her whole body into the swing, decapitating the monster. She swung so hard that I became embedded in the cobbles. The bandits entered a nearby house and collapsed with relief. The chieftess pulled me out of the road, as well as part of the street. She bashed me up against a wall to free me from the stone.

One demon slain, many more to go. Unfortunately, I am all out of demons. Also, I found a game called Cataclysm: DDA and playing DF has become a chore. This is it, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:58:49 am by TheFlame52 »

Somejob

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Procrastinator, too lazy to level further
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 08:21:10 pm »

That's too bad. I really enjoyed this. Good luck in further endeavors!
Jimi Hendrix, Legendary Axedwarf, sets guitar on fire! The axedwarf bites the guitar!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 10:03:35 am »

Thanks! good to know my story-writing skills are improving. Check out my other story, you can find it in my signature.