Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should the Arena Work?

A victory Condition to "win" A round
 Kill them alll! be last man standing, and Waitlisters come in each round.
Teamdeathmatch?
Team Capture?
King of the Hill?
Suggestion?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Metamorphician III: THE ARENA.  (Read 29508 times)

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphician III: THE ARENA.
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2013, 07:15:29 am »

FUCK. HOW THE HELL DID I GET A BLEEDING WOUND THROUGH BONE ARMOUR. FUCKEDY FUCK FUCK.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2013, 11:36:15 am »

This mutant is able to alter its view of its own surroundings, creating a full-sensory illusion
of an environment it finds more aesthetically pleasing than reality. There is a 1 in 3 chance
the mutant can share this illusion with others in its presence.

Alter reality into a twisted nest of thorns, constrict the thorns and attack everything in sight relentlessly.
((...What? I don't think you understand what aesthetics are.))

FUCK. HOW THE HELL DID I GET A BLEEDING WOUND THROUGH BONE ARMOUR.
By getting hit hard enough. Bones can break, you know.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »

This mutant is able to alter its view of its own surroundings, creating a full-sensory illusion
of an environment it finds more aesthetically pleasing than reality. There is a 1 in 3 chance
the mutant can share this illusion with others in its presence.

Alter reality into a twisted nest of thorns, constrict the thorns and attack everything in sight relentlessly.
((...What? I don't think you understand what aesthetics are.))

It makes sense. He's living in a more aesthetically pleasing world, one better than reality. It's an escape, literally, from the horrifying reality it's creating. And what it can do is share this with others so that they can at least live in a peacful place while getting ripped to shreds.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2013, 12:24:57 pm »

I don't think you know what an ILLUSION is. Also in order to share something you have to have it to begin with. This means if you want people to think they're being torn apart by thorns, you have to make yourself think you're being torn apart by thorns. Most people wouldn't find that pleasing to themselves, but I'm not one to judge.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 21, 2013, 12:26:00 pm »

Um. That doesn't make any sense, on several levels.

1. In what universe are horrifying thorns aesthetically pleasing?
2. How is trapping yourself an escape?
3. It's obviously a bit of a latus-eater-machine thing. Lotus eater machines don't send you to a world of thorns.
4. Has he considered that the illusions have only a 1 in 3 chance of working on anyone and won't actually hurt them?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 21, 2013, 12:32:48 pm »

Um. That doesn't make any sense, on several levels.

1. In what universe are horrifying thorns aesthetically pleasing?
2. How is trapping yourself an escape?
3. It's obviously a bit of a latus-eater-machine thing. Lotus eater machines don't send you to a world of thorns.
4. Has he considered that the illusions have only a 1 in 3 chance of working on anyone and won't actually hurt them?

The thorns aren't part of the illusion. Plus, it's full sensory. He won't be feeling the thorns. He's creating a bliss world that only he can see. The Thorn thing isn't part of it, and is likely part of a previous...thingy...

Either way, he might choose not to share the illusion. Heck, let everyone die a horrible death.
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 21, 2013, 03:04:30 pm »

Given the wording and the lack of him doing anything like this before, I'm pretty sure he's trying to use the mutation I listed.
Sig

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 21, 2013, 03:18:00 pm »

FUCK. HOW THE HELL DID I GET A BLEEDING WOUND THROUGH BONE ARMOUR. FUCKEDY FUCK FUCK.
boo hoo. Maybe wer 6 will let you come back as one of my demons. You ARE a vampire.
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 21, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #294 on: November 21, 2013, 09:42:04 pm »

post coming up, and maybe people being tortured in the background is anesthetic pleasing.

Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #295 on: November 21, 2013, 10:00:21 pm »

Just gonna roll on letting them both in... ((forgot that Gamerlord and master WAS dead, so shitty GM on my part))

(4) Yep, so everything is pretty much accurate up at this point, and then

Mastahs turn! ((wait you picked mindlessness...?)) mastah is promptly Dulled to-(5,3) ME TURN WORLD INTO WORLD OF  BUBBLE GUM AND PPAAAAIIIINN, ((if you rolled a six it might have been Cuthulu's re-awakening.))

then the arena is suddenly turned into a horrible scary area, where blood and limbs rain from the sky, its HORRIFYING. (-1 to all actions,  unless I forget))

Angel realizes they got mutations was because they stuck dirty needles into there arms! and then (4-1V6-1) Attempts to clog hte portal but the demons come out and then the demons swoop down and attack Angel(1-1) but the demons fail and instead land on there heads, which promptly BOOM HEADSHOT-splodes everywhere.

Alexi(4-1) Fires disintegration rays everywhere, hitting XAN and wounding him.

Christ(3-1) makes a moderate fllash- and a bang, but holy shit that's bright, you(4-1) manage to run away a bit, into a dark corner that noone seems to care about.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 21, 2013, 10:03:53 pm »

Summon Gamerlord as my right  hand man back from the dead.
10/10.

wer6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #297 on: November 21, 2013, 10:10:00 pm »

Your portal is clogged up by dead corpses, but you can however choose what you want to send out

Spoiler: Moblist (click to show/hide)
You can only send out five at A time, or send out A really power version, of a demon.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 21, 2013, 10:14:51 pm »

then the arena is suddenly turned into a horrible scary area, where blood and limbs rain from the sky, its HORRIFYING. (-1 to all actions,  unless I forget))
...Um, why?

Cover self in shadows, teleport away.
Sig

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 21, 2013, 10:18:47 pm »

Demons of wrath. They will have the strength to move the bodies...
10/10.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30