Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Might alter the shield system next round, vote on it:

Same as now.
Paneled shield system (current fave) Overcharge does not act as a shield battery, ships have a certain number of sections based on the shield type they have, power is allocated between panels, players must actively allocate power.(probably going to try)
Shield gen not connected to overcharge.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Blackspace (Reboot soonish~!)  (Read 18081 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Blackspace (Reboot soonish~!)
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:58:09 pm »

This will be the first of many forum games I will be spawning in the next several weeks in an attempt to enhance the game systems of several games I'm currently working on, this one revolves around space, specifically a vague form of arena combat because I'm working on the combat engine.

Players will be in charge of a ship, they will eventually get a fleet, currently how it will run is crews of ships will have specific instructions, they will function on their own, following the orders of the players in between rounds. The game will update once per week on thursday because I'm fairly busy right now.

At the beginning of the game, players will start with a corvette class ship, it will be armed with 6 pulse cannons (15 power 10 damage, 6 movement per turn), 2 lasers (10 power, 50 movement per turn, 5 normal damage and 10 bonus towards shields) and one missile launcher holding five ammo ( 5 power, 2 movement away from ship for first turn, second onwards engages engines for 12 movement per turn, 20 damage normal, +10 towards armor). The ship will have 10 movement per turn at 15 power. The power generator will produce 100 power per turn, life support(food, quarters, and crap) take 10 power per turn, atmospherics take 10 power per turn, pod bay takes 5 power per turn but allows crew to escape, (escape pods have 1 laser and have 5 movement, they can fire endlessly as well as move without powering out, thats what they are designed to do, they do actually have a power generator but it is irrelevant unless destroyed because they have enough power.), the bridge takes 5 power per turn, no bridge = no movement. the ship has a shield array that holds 60 power, the ship has an overcharge battery that holds 200 power, power immediately gets routed into the shield and then the overcharge before anything else happens. If the shield is hit, overcharge acts as a backup shield until it runs out. Ships can drain power from the overcharge, or even the shields for powering other stuff if other things are draining it.

Corvettes have 40 armor and 30 hull, the hit system is 1 shields 2 armor 3 hull.
Various subsystems can be harmed due to hits to the armor or hull, vital systems, among others can only be harmed by hull shots, weapons can normally be destroyed via lucky armor shots.

Each week the player fleets will duel in a decent sized arena, all will get credits for participating, those that destroy ships get bonuses, those that are the last three surviving ships get extra bonuses, in proportion of placement.
Credits will be useable to buy new ships, as well as alter ship systems and replace equipment for specialization, when these become available they will be explained
The battles will take place on a map that will be posted each round, the map will differ randomly each round, some things on the map will be harvestable with specialized equipment, debris will be harvestable with specialized equipment, these will be purchasable once someone has enough money.
If ships are ordered to hide and there is no combat for a period of time, pirates will spawn to complete the round, they will despawn the next round, bonuses will still be handed out for the last survivors.
Later rounds will all have a compliment of pirates, at that point players will be able to handle it because they will have fleets or extremely advanced ships.

If you lose a ship you get a replacement next round, once you buy something you have it forever, even if it is destroyed, the exceptions to this rule are expendable ammo or equipment, you will need to purchase replacements if lost or destroyed.

Corvettes start with two crew, feel free to name them, they will be cloned if they die.
Ships have an actual organization of hardpoints and subsystems, if you are hit in a certain direction, damage will be delt to hardpoints accordingly.

Future posts will have a spoilered series of pictures depicting the combat, more if the round is long, less if it is shorter, your orders determine it.

Standard fleet orders if you choose not to give specific orders are:
Search for enemy ships.
Approach to a 6 movement range
When in range attack enemy ships with everything available until power depleted
Atmos, Podbay, Bridge, and LS take power precedence, weapons and shields come after.

As you can see this is a mildly suicidal set of orders, I recommend changing them, the pirates will use this because they are trying to kill players and this will accomplish that at the cost of their ships. Orders can be as vague or specific as you want, they may not be interpreted by me right if they are really vague, however having them be too specific prevents ships from being flexible when the situation requires it.

Feel free to sign up, there is no player limit, the more the merrier, lets me work out more game system problems quicker.

Signup sheet:
Commander name (name you want to have your Admiral referred to ingame)
Fleet name
Corvette ship name
Crew 1 name
Crew 2 name
Orders to fleet
Orders to individual ships

Future posts will be much shorter, alterations to the game will be explained, if there are questions they will be answered, have fun.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:34:05 am by Kevak »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Blackspace, (a space combat simulation)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:23:17 pm »

Commander Drake of Dragon Army
Corvette: S.C Red Egg
Crew 1: Andrew Wiggin
Crew 2: Petra Arkanian
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 12:23:01 am »

This looks pretty sweet.

Signup sheet:
Commander name: Cromwell Jackson
Fleet name: (Yet to be determined)
Corvette ship name: The Jaeger Vaulk
Crew 1 name: Carlos
Crew 2 name: Maxwell
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2013, 03:17:04 am »

Dread(Well not yet, but soon) pirate Jack Stone
The fog
SS Skull(Not related to nazi)
Crew 1 name: Legion(Keep talking about how he a normal human who does human things. He odd.)
Crew 2 name: Clair Stone(Mum force me to bring her along, bond with your family she said sigh.)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2013, 03:29:29 am »

Eh, why not.

Commander name: T̓̽͐ͮ́̍̕hͪͣͭͪͤͯę̶ͥ͗ ̋̄̆̓̈̓Ń̸͒ͥ̉ͫã͗̂͗̋͝m̐̔́͛̽̚̕eͥͦ̈́̾̊̐ͦͭ̚lͨͣ͆̓ͩ͘e̓̃͗͠sͨ̇ͧͫ̒ͩ́͜͞s̢͋̓ͭ̑͡;                     Now accepting bets on how quickly I'll tire of zalgifying the name.
Fleet name: Yes, It's Really Named Like That;
Corvette ship name: Thousand Suns;
Crew 1 name: Phobos;
Crew 2 name: Deimos;
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 03:39:29 am by Dariush »

xelada

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2013, 09:05:05 pm »

Commander name: High Monarch Xelada
Fleet name: The Royal Honour Guard
Corvette ship name: XSC (Xeladanian Slaughter(neering) Craft) Pinafore
Crew 1 name: Erika
Crew 2 name: Seth

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2013, 11:49:06 pm »

Commander name: Kor'O Fal'shia Eio Kunas Ar'li'cea Savon'yen (He would be referred to as O'Savon, or Admiral Savon'yen)
Fleet name: Kor'vattra Fal'shia Kor'O Savon'yen (Just call it the Kor'vattra; it means Navy/Fleet)
Corvette ship name: Fal'shia Kir'shas'vre Doran'cal Tash'ra (The Doran'cal; Kir'shas'vre is the name of the class)
Crew 1 name: Kor'el Fal'shia J'ka B'kor'vash Tash'ra (El'Tash, or Captain B'kor'vash)
Crew 2 name: Kor'ui Fal'shia Dao'cha Kai'elro (Kor'Ui Dao'cha, or simply Dao'cha)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2013, 01:01:32 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2013, 11:05:04 am »

Commander name: Jack Carver
Fleet Name: The United Earthen Fleet (UEF)
Corvette Ship Name: UEF Himalayas
Crew Member 1 Name: Frank Maes
Crew Member 2 Name: Lily Rhoades

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 09:41:03 pm »

Round 1 signups are closed
Feel free to sign up for Round 2

Sorta short on time and rushing to get the art and crap done and uploaded so for the next few updates round 1 will be done in turns, so everybody has control of individual ships for now, orders don't matter until round two. How long that is depends on several things, next update should have the Crescent Corvette Schematic up so you can admire the horrible rush job it will be GLORIOUS low tier ship and all its functional parts
Round 1 Begin:

Turn 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is a free for all, you have direct control, if enough time passes and nobody shoots anyone, I will switch it to pirate warhost mode and pirates will overrun everybody to finish the round, alliances are fine, if you guys want for this portion, feel free to roleplay, later I will be pming the battle from crewmembers on individual ships to their controllers and if you guys want to set up characters for crews then go ahead, currently assume that everybody can detect everyone on their sensors, the brown things are really thin asteroids, you can shoot them to pass through them, you cannot fly into them unless you want to be harmed.

All of you have 5 low yield missiles and one missile launcher, all of you have 6 pulse cannons, all of you have two laser turrets,
All of you produce 100 power per turn
All of you use 30 of that to power crew related subsystems
All of you have 200 overcharge (extra battery)
All of you have 60 shield
All of you have 40 armor
All of you have 30 hull
All of you can move 10 for 15 power

The back of the corvette holds all the vital systems, feel free to flank ( I have yet to remember how to use Pixlar's rotate function, the front of the ship is the part facing ^ in the picture, if I can't figure it out I will use arrows to dictate direction.

If you have questions ask them, also refer to first post for general damages of weapons, they may or may not have changed slightly, if someone wants to try flying their ship into somebody else's ship feel free to do so, I have collision damage rules finished as of wednesday this week.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:57:05 pm by Kevak »

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 09:43:52 pm »

Commander name: Kor'O Fal'shia Eio Kunas Ar'li'cea Savon'yen (He would be referred to as O'Savon, or Admiral Savon'yen)
Fleet name: Kor'vattra Fal'shia Kor'O Savon'yen (Just call it the Kor'vattra; it means Navy/Fleet)
Corvette ship name: Fal'shia Kir'shas'vre Doran'cal Tash'ra (The Doran'cal; Kir'shas'vre is the name of the class)
Crew 1 name: Kor'el Fal'shia J'ka B'kor'vash Tash'ra (El'Tash, or Captain B'kor'vash)
Crew 2 name: Kor'ui Fal'shia Dao'cha Kai'elro (Kor'Ui Dao'cha, or simply Dao'cha)

Also known as Apostrophe Central Fleet of The Excessive Punctuation.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2013, 11:35:27 pm »

Not my fault that that's how the Tau language works. Those weren't just random words, my good sir.

Also, I have no idea who or where anyone is.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2013, 11:45:49 pm »

Could the next image be a bit...less tiny? I can't read any of the text.

Fly towards the center.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2013, 12:31:07 am »

Can I sign up for next round?

Commander name: Commander Balrog Jones
Fleet name: The New Canada Salvage force
Corvette ship name: HMCS Tagish
Crew 1 name: Captain Blues
Crew 2 name: The Beast
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2013, 09:08:22 am »

I think my ship is the one in the north-east corner

Move south-west
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2013, 09:47:36 am »

Could the next image be a bit...less tiny? I can't read any of the text.
-
Jack Stone look around his mighty bridge "Let do this!"
A redhead who look similar to the captain gave a just barely passable saute "Ay, ay ,Big Bro."
A strange bulky figure nodded "ORDERS REVIVED. I SHALL CARRY THEM OUT TO THE BEST OF MY HUMAN ABILITIES."

Move west
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13