Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Might alter the shield system next round, vote on it:

Same as now.
Paneled shield system (current fave) Overcharge does not act as a shield battery, ships have a certain number of sections based on the shield type they have, power is allocated between panels, players must actively allocate power.(probably going to try)
Shield gen not connected to overcharge.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Blackspace (Reboot soonish~!)  (Read 18275 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Blackspace, (a space combat simulation)
« Reply #150 on: March 12, 2014, 12:23:13 am »

Fine.

Fill a boarding pod with TNT.

Dream achieved.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 12, 2014, 07:28:35 am »

Brace for impact! Correct course to forward facing. Fire another missile salvo towards 1-2.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 12, 2014, 10:51:18 am »

You know you can allocate shielding from unneeded projectors to needed ones to add to protection right?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2014, 10:52:49 am »

You know you can allocate shielding from unneeded projectors to needed ones to add to protection right?

No I did not.

But I would like to do this :P

Do you have a list of rules or abilities we can use? Or is it pretty much freeform thought on our part.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2014, 11:10:16 am »

Ships with tractor beams can move towards/pull ships towards them, TT are tractor beam parts, shields can be allocated, there are rather set rules, however, it is possible to exploit a few mechanics I left in there for players to figure out and use (read the very first post for a little bit of a hint).

It in the end will come down to damage and armor hits, I recommend firing as much as you can because the GIC has ammo weapons as some primary weapons and the AC as you can see, uses mostly powered weapons so they can outlast you in terms of weapon use time.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 12, 2014, 11:12:55 am »

Heavy incoming fire!!! Redirect power to the fronatl shields!

What is the max I can put an individual shield section too?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 12, 2014, 12:51:14 pm »

Total shield power of ship, normally shield power is split equally throughout shield sections, you can however put all available shields into a single panel, this leaves you very vulnerable to flanking attacks, ambushes, boarding, minefields, emp bursts, and several other types of attacks.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 12, 2014, 01:05:53 pm »

Total shield power of ship, normally shield power is split equally throughout shield sections, you can however put all available shields into a single panel, this leaves you very vulnerable to flanking attacks, ambushes, boarding, minefields, emp bursts, and several other types of attacks.
Are the panels frontal, side and rear? also where are they on the models so I know which ones I need up to block attacks from certain directions.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 12, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

The lower case s's project outwards away from the ship in panels, panels are defined as when they reach an intersect point.

The furthest a panel can be is 30 outwards.

If only one projector, then it is projected as a sphere around the ship at the limit.

I will highlight the shielding next round for you, but for now I will direct all shielding to what will block the most damage.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 12, 2014, 01:15:22 pm »

The lower case s's project outwards away from the ship in panels, panels are defined as when they reach an intersect point.

The furthest a panel can be is 30 outwards.

If only one projector, then it is projected as a sphere around the ship at the limit.

I will highlight the shielding next round for you, but for now I will direct all shielding to what will block the most damage.

Thank you.

Other than that, repeat fire orders!

Fire lasers first, then as many pulse cannons as possible. Only fire blackout missles at enemy ships with no (or low enough that they will be knocked out by the time missles arrive) shields. Target bigger ships with missles but target smaller ships for pulse cannons first in attempt to destroy them quickly.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 01:17:51 pm by Erils »

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 12, 2014, 01:30:32 pm »

I recommend scanning more, the better you know the target ship, the easier it will be to target critical systems. (The "giant jellyfish monster" as mastacheese so eloquently put it, may be one that you guys want to completely scan, it is going to be really really really hard to put out of the fight if you don't know how to down it)

Good lord, we have like the worse radar equipment I've ever seen.

How did we make FTL drive, again?

Most small ships lack FTL drives, normally Star Class Carriers or Dreadnaught Class Battleships are the smallest to have them.

Some custom ships have them, although it is really really expensive and usually easier and more cost efficient to have carrier ships have them. Some companies are carrier companies and will use their ships to transfer you between systems, there are also jump gates in important systems, also some police factions have gates and some other factions. (GIC has some jump gates, you guys start the game as part of the GIC.).

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 12, 2014, 01:42:45 pm »

right then. New orders.

Scan Jellyfish-thing with two corvettes and scan a small fighter with the last corvette.
Concentrate fire on the fighter units with pulse cannons and lasers.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 12, 2014, 02:56:46 pm »

Mkay.

Erils

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 12, 2014, 05:07:50 pm »

I'd still like to redirect shields to block incoming blasts though

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 12, 2014, 05:08:57 pm »

I know, I include any order not directly contradicted in later posts.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13