Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17

Author Topic: ~International Battle Royale Federation~ Conclusion  (Read 17164 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: ~International Battle Royale Federation~ Freestyle Arena Fighting Game
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2013, 03:14:10 pm »

How many matches will run at once?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2013, 08:57:07 pm »

So in. I love TCM's arena based RP's!

And done:

Name: Aye Que
Appearance: Wears tracksuit top and bottom. Top is a trackie hoodie. All clothing is black, often with a splash or red here or there. Sports a gothic necklace, what is depicted changes every match. He's got an average build with windswept brown hair and green eyes. Very fit, but not outright strong.
Origin: Kirkcaldy, Scotland. Aye Que is a smart fighter, preferring to win a scrap by anticipating a move and countering. After having gotten in one too many scraps on the streets, he decided it would be safer to do it legally, so joined up.

Fighting Style: Freestyle: Often mixing in a bit of everything with emphasis on dodging and kick boxing (or anything to do with kicks, keep them at bay.) (Personal note, I have almost no knowledge on fighting techniques myself. Hopefully, that won't matter. :P)
Skill: Martial Artist
Signature Fighting Move: Flurry of Blows: Adrenalin pumping, Aye Que gets in close, pounding his opponent with left and right hooks and uppercuts so fast it blurs, spinning once every few hits. The force pushes him far enough back that he jumps up, 360 turn with two kicks to his opponant's chest finishing before doing all sorts of different kicks at the same pace as he did with punches till his opponent finally falls, a roar from Aye Que as he finishes.
Theme Song: In The Middle Of The Night
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:08:00 pm by Maxinum McDreich »

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »

How many matches will run at once?

All of them. 4-6 matches at a time isn't that bad really.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2013, 09:30:08 pm »

Here it is.

Name: Brawl
Appearance: A 5' 9" man, built like a brawler. He wears steel-toed shoes, close-fitting black pants, and a muscle shirt. He has a buzz cut and dark hair, but is completely scar-free.

Orgin: One of the few classically trained fighters in the IBRF, Brawl was a rising star in the MMA before he went too far and got kicked out for killing one of his opponents. So he joined the IBRF and modified his style to accommodate the more freestyle form of the IBRF.
Fighting Style: A mix of about five different martial arts, one being tai chi.
Skill: Brawler
Signature Fighting Move: 'Scythe', an attack that involves a Moose, a Bucket, 3000 Paperclips, a bottle of glue and a copy of Shakespeare's Hamlet translated into Chinese Mandarin. But seriously. It's an attack where he knocks his opponent off their feet with a roundhouse kick to the neck before axe-kicking them while they're down. In the head
Theme Song: Disturbed- Warrior

I decided 'why not just make a straight fighter, when most everyone else is semi-ridiculous?'
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2013, 09:38:52 pm »

I decided 'why not just make a straight fighter, when most everyone else is semi-ridiculous?'
Semi-ridiculous? I think you mean not boring.

Seriously, mine is only a karate-using small woman who may or may not also be a cannibal and is vaguely obsessed with children's stories.

Also, now we have 9 people. So we have the same problem as before; we could do with another to round out the numbers.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2013, 09:58:50 pm »

Seriously, mine is only a karate-using small woman who may or may not also be a cannibal and is vaguely obsessed with children's stories.

Also, now we have 9 people. So we have the same problem as before; we could do with another to round out the numbers.
No, I reserved earlier, unless someone else joined in. And yours was the exception in my opinion. I'll make an effort not to be boring.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2013, 10:00:58 pm »

No, I reserved earlier, unless someone else joined in. And yours was the exception in my opinion. I'll make an effort not to be boring.

You reserved earlier? Oh, disregard that then. And the boring bit was a joke - in fact, just disregard that entire post.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2013, 10:04:54 pm »

I do have a question for TCM. What would be the odds of pulling off an attack involving a Moose, a Bucket, 3000 Paperclips, a bottle of glue and a copy of Shakespeare's Hamlet translated into Chinese Mandarin? It's been bugging me since I read the OP.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2013, 10:16:27 pm »

I do have a question for TCM. What would be the odds of pulling off an attack involving a Moose, a Bucket, 3000 Paperclips, a bottle of glue and a copy of Shakespeare's Hamlet translated into Chinese Mandarin? It's been bugging me since I read the OP.

It's totally possible, the only thing that makes it extremely difficult to pull of would be that you would have to gather up all those items during the fight from your surroundings, assuming any arena supplies all of those. But if you manage to get all of those items together to perform a move, it would do a ton of damage, so much so that it might break the 'Only Finisher can K.O.', and it would instantly K.O. someone. Though that someone could also yourself. And it would have a high chance of injury and penalty. But with the materials available, it could be possible.
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2013, 10:24:02 pm »

It's totally possible, the only thing that makes it extremely difficult to pull of would be that you would have to gather up all those items during the fight from your surroundings, assuming any arena supplies all of those. But if you manage to get all of those items together to perform a move, it would do a ton of damage, so much so that it might break the 'Only Finisher can K.O.', and it would instantly K.O. someone. Though that someone could also yourself. And it would have a high chance of injury and penalty. But with the materials available, it could be possible.
I can now imagine hardened, scarred gladiators running around an arena in an attempt to collect paper clips of the ground to beat out their opponent.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2013, 10:29:50 pm »

I'm going to stick with the current roster, as eight is a nice round number, and will begin preparing the 1st Year of the I.B.R.F. The waitlist is open to everyone else.

The matches will start tomorrow. Prepare yourselves.

Also, the game starts in 2004, as that was the year Def Jam: Fight For NY was released. I also like starting on a different year rather than the present one, to add a little bit of an alternative history riff.

EDIT: 9 players. Good enough. This improves the situation even, as there is tension since one fighter will not make it to the championship.

EDIT-EDIT: Except I realized it would be hard to do matches with an odd number of people. I'd like one more. Guys, call your friends or something.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:54:12 pm by TCM »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: ~International Battle Royale Federation~ Looking For 1 More Fighter!
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2013, 11:30:32 pm »

Name: The Fallen Angel of Retribution
Apperance: Clad in a strange grey-black 'armor', with a crown on his head of spikes, seemingly attached to his skull. A pair of wings with a blade down the middle, connecting them, is shown in shining silver down the middle of his chest. The blade is incredibly detailed, intricate to the extreme, and the wings appear to have each individual feather detailed. Very little muscle adorns his body, mostly smooth limbs, though he is seven feet tall and few people can lift him, for the strange fighter weighs nearly 400 pounds, even if he does not look it. His face is covered by a mask, across which lines are etched in a very think silvery color, depicting a very stylized cross over his head. Less obviously, thin grey lines, lighter than the surrounding area, run across his limbs, forming circles and spirals at joints and seperations, going out to the tips of his fingers. No skin can be seen, unless this is his skin...
Origin: Suzano, Brazil

Fighting Style: Swordsman; Uses weapons, improvised or not, to deal heavy damage to his foes. When lacking a weapon, uses arms and legs as though they were blades(and they are quite hard)
Skill: Limit Breaker
Signature Fighting Move: Judgement of the Heavens, Bringing Wrath to the Unworthy; Most Holy Punishing Strike: The sword and wings fade from his chest, leaving just flat black-grey behind. A ghostly sword appears in his hand, far too large for even a man of his size, while transparent golden wings adorn his back, equally large but somehow fitting. The cross on his face/head spreads and becomes even more intricate as it covers his entire body, and his eyes glow golden, rather than the simple white spots in the 'cloth' they were before. He grips his foe, dragging them upright if necessary, then 'cutting' with the blade across their gut, leaving them to keel over in pain, though no wound can be seen. Next, he kicks upward whilst bringing the sword downward through them, then jumps up to follow them high into the air. His wings flap and he brings the mighty blade down, causing them to crash to earth as it begins to become more and more opaque, solidifying fully as he dives through the air, sword held point down, to land directly on their chest at full force, body seemingly aflame.

What actually happens: He punches them in the gut pretty hard, jumps up, clamps their head between his knees, and smashes it into the ground, the picks up nearest weapon/improvised object, runs up a corner stand, and lands on them, weapon first.
Theme Song: Carolus Rex

EDIT: How he typically handles fights: The best way to fight
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 12:47:11 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2013, 11:39:43 pm »

<REDACTED>
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 11:57:10 pm by TCM »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2013, 11:42:07 pm »

No he's just a crazy dude.

Just implied he's an angel.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2013, 11:47:04 pm »

No he's just a crazy dude.

Just implied he's an angel.

Yeah, I thought he might just be insane. He'll be fine, can you just add his real origin and final move? I imagine it's something like he's a mutant who ran away from a meth-lab and thinks he's an angel, and his finishing move seems like it's actually just him decking his opponent in the gut and then jumping on them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 17